The Official CAG October 2009 Pick Ups Thread ~ Trick or Treat?

Pioneer Elite VSX-23TXH - $578 from 6ave.com Name Your Price Sale
main.php

Shipment 1 From GameFly
main.php

From Amazon, Persona was Lightning Deal and used Credits to get it for $9.98
main.php

Shipment 2 from GameFly, Except GH Van Halen which was Free from buying GH5
main.php

Best Buy's B2G1
main.php

From Amazon
main.php

A bunch of Goodies for my new Home Theater about $120 Shipped from Monoprice.com. Still need to get some in wall speaker wire.
main.php

My latest purchase-

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Gateway...?id=pcmprd118400050002&skuId=9999118300050002

My Windows XP PC of almost 7 years was showing its age. I wasn't sure how much longer the motherboard would hold up, the video card is useless, and... well... I had to get a credit card to buy this, but with my credit being pretty low, a new card might help me in the long run anyway.

I'm rocking Windows 7 now. The problems people seem to have had with game compatibility isn't an issue for me. But I bought the machine with W7 preinstalled, not some early copy installed over Vista.

The video card is adequate. I can play Half Life 2 and Postal 2 at full settings. I'm going to try Doom 3.

I added on a case fan and Best Buy's 4 year monitor warranty with my purchase. Seems 95% of people who have problems with Gateway PCs are due to no case fan from the factory but it looks like most PC manufacturers are excluding that. And most PC users are idiots who shove the tower on some shelf with no air ventilation. I also restructured my PC shelves so there's an open space now. It's been on for almost 2 days and is still running cool.

I have already sold my RAM sticks and monitor from the old PC. Got $60 for them. I intend to keep the hard drive, whenever I can get an IDE-SATA adaptor for it. I have a 1 TB drive now but I'm not tossing my old 250 GB drive.

bread's done
Back