The Official CAG September 2010 Pick-Ups Thread

It's been kind of a slow month since I quit my part time job, which I kept only to fuel my game/movie/gadget spending, in preparation for moving at the end of this month. Where I'm moving to is pretty far out of the city so no more wake up, read CAG, and jet to Best Buy/Target/Sears/etc to grab the latest deal for me :cry:. I will have to rely on thrift stores, good will, and yard sales for my local deal hunting. Oh well, on with the pick-ups...

0914000051.jpg

Motorola Droid X. Took the crappy picture with my old Voyager, since I can't find my card reader for my camera.
I don't get the whole "download a million apps for everything imaginable" craze that all my friends who have these smart phones are taking part in. I've had this for a couple weeks now and I think I have downloaded maybe three things from the marketplace. However, I can follow all my sports teams and read tons of college football and NFL articles wherever I am, at any given time, which I love. Also, I spend a lot less time on my desktop/laptop now since I can just look up whatever random fact I need to know on IMDB or Wikipedia or wherever without walking back to my desk and getting sucked into surfing the internet for an hour or two. My daily productivity seems to have increased a good bit since I got this thing.

Can't take pictures of the following, because they have already been packed for the move:

:ps3: The Saboteur

:br: Silence of the Lambs
:br: Resident Evil steelbook
:br: Resident Evil: Extinction steelbook
:br: Resident Evil: Apocalypse steelbook
:br: Resident Evil: Degeneration steelbook

:ps2: MDK2: Armageddon
:ps2: Onimusha 2: Samurai's Destiny

[quote name='eddie291']I like the game and definitely don't hate it like Freemason over there, but one of the best of the past 5 years? Yeah, that's pushing it.[/QUOTE]
I just wanted to exaggerate like he did. Personally I think its okay, it has some flaws, but its fun.

Halo Reach.

Suikoden (PSN)

Mega Man 9 (PSN)

Castlevania Chronicles (PSN)

YS VII Limited Edition (PSP)

Metroid Other M

Silent Hill Shattered Memories

Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)

Dissidia (PSP)

Final Fantasy I and II (PSP)

Half Minute Hero (PSP)

Got a few more preorders on deck.

IMG_20100914_193759.jpg

Halo Reach is obvious.

The headset I actually won at a work event. Figure it will make a good PS3 headset.

Picked up Dogma and Groundhog day on Blu for $10 each. Might have overpaid, but I wanted something to watch on my nice new TV. Pics of that coming later.

Also got Firefly on Blu for $26.99, and have been slowly collecting all the Evangelion DVDs for like $3 each. I used to own the series on VHS, but I haven't watched it in years.

Bought Professor Layton and the Unwound Future at Best Buy. I was going to hold out on buying it, but I finished the second one last night and wanted to keep going.

IMG_20100915_144318.jpg

FF2 from goozex don't know how i got this one. Had it on my list for 2 or 3 months then I accidentally deleted this from my queue the re-added it 2 days later I got an email saying it shipped.

IMAG0003.jpg

New dog

[quote name='Espo']
New dog[/QUOTE]
From the picture I thought you were posting about the dog dying, until I scrolled down and it said new dog. Congrats. Your laid about games will be its new chew toys. :)

[quote name='pcktlnt']From the picture I thought you were posting about the dog dying, until I scrolled down and it said new dog. Congrats. Your laid about games will be its new chew toys. :)[/QUOTE]
Yeah I though the dog was dead to until I read new dog.

I forgot to post my pickups for Aug
DSC04464.jpg

PS2 & PS3 games were from GameStop (Yeah I heard RTX is terrible but it looked interesting. Hopefully I'll find some enjoyment for my $1 investment.)
NES & PS1 games were from Goodwill (Millionaire replaces my lost copy)

Sept. pickups
DSC04482.jpg

F-15, 1943 were from a church run thrift store, Moto GP3 from Goodwill, PQ2, Indy Car, and Graffiti Kingdom from GameStop (I've been in a racing mood so Indy Car & MotoGP are in constant play)

At another Thrift Store I found a Sega Saturn for 17 but it had an All Sales Final tag on it, and the last time I bought a used Saturn the laser was busted, so I passed.

:psp:
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep with $10 off a future video game purchase
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep Official Strategy Guide

:ds:
Professor Layton and the Unwound Future
Animal Crossing: Wild World $20.57

Wanted a bigger hard drive, need a new controller, wanted a second controller.

So I just bought a whole new package, considering my first Xbox just died on me (And is actually on its way back to me now from being repaired.)

img2003l.jpg

img2004e.jpg

img2005g.jpg

img2007rr.jpg

Transferring everything over to the new system via a USB thumb drive as I type. A little nervous about the whole DRM process.

Thinking I might leave some of my most-played stuff on the 20GB HDD for play in the living room. Unfortunately this transfer process seems to only "move" the content rather than "copy" it, so I'll have to redownload what I want onto the old system manually.

I think I got ripped off, but I got a sealed Valkyrie Profile 2:Silmeria for $20 in walmart. Found it in a bin so there are some rips on the plastic wrap

[quote name='moon_knight']You couldn't be more wrong. Other M is the best game this year. And one of the best games this gen.
101_0545.jpg
[/QUOTE]

God i hope you are joking. They destroyed Samus' character, make you stand still to fire missles, make her ask permission to and wait for some douch bag to tell her she can use her abilities. It is a joke to the character and the series.

for pick ups I got

:360: Halo Reach LE - retail
:360: Borderlands - $16 eBay
:360: 1 Year XBL Gold w/ Noble 6 Helmet - $30
:360: Alan Wake - $16 eBay
:360: Bayonetta - $12 eBay

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']Halo Reach - $59.99 + $20 GC at Best Buy
(3) 1-Year Live Cards at Target- $63.57[/QUOTE]
I'm guessing you got lucky with the Halo Reach 12 month error!?

Are downloadable titles considered pick-ups? Anyways...

Playstation Plus

:ps3: Zen Pinball
:ps3: Echoes – minis
:ps3: Syphon Filter 3 – PS One

Playstation One Imports

:ps3: Cho Aniki
:ps3: Gaia Seed

Playstation Network

:ps3: Blade Kitten
:psp: Valkyria Chronicles 2 Gamestop DLC

Brand new, emerald green PSP bundle for $130 off Kijiji

Lord of the Rings Trilogy on Blu Ray from Wal-Mart for $40

PSN

Castlevania SotN $5
Castlevania Chronicles $3

My pickups have significantly slowed down.

:ps3: Bayonetta - $14.98 via Target
:360: Viva Pinata: Party Animals - $0.00 via Goozex
:br: Anchorman - $9.99 via BestBuy
:br: The Dark Knight - $7.98 via Amazon
:ps3: $10 PSN Card - $8.99 via Amazon

Off the top of my head. I remember when I bought so much shit that I couldn't keep track. D:

September2010GoozexGames.jpg
Games from Goozex (complete and great condition unless noted):
- :ps2: Wild Arms 5
- :psp: DJ Max Fever (The package looked like it was runned over by a car, case and game were in mint condition though)
- :psp: Crisis Core
- :psp: God of War
- :pc: Arx Fatalis
- :360: Alan Wake Collector's Edition
- :360: Viva Pinata
- :360: The Darkness (Resurfaced disc from Gamestop, all that grey residue...)
- :360: Ninety-Nine Nights
- :360: Army of Two

September2010GoozexMovies.jpg
- :br: Black Snake Moan
- :br: Lost Season 4 (Bonus disc is scratched up...which is weird for a br disc)
- :br: Species
- :br: Star Gate (it's not the remastered version :()
- :br: The International

September2010Retail.jpg
- :360: Alan Wake Collector's Edition (Amazon) [did not know I was matched up with this game on Goozex]
- :ps3: Demons Souls (Amazon)
- :br: Hitchhiker Guide to the Galaxy (Disney Movie Club)
- :br: Bolt (Disney Movie Club)
- :br: Monsters, Inc. (Disney Movie Club)
- :br: Sin City (Disney Movie Club)
- :br: National Treasure 2 (Disney Movie Club)
- :br: Pirates of the Caribbean 2 (Disney Movie Club)
- :br: A Bug's Life (Disney Movie Club)

September2010Thrift.jpg
- :dvd: Alias Season 3 ($6.99)
- :dvd: Simpsons Season 2 ($1.99)
- Lunar promotional item. It's a puppet I think.
- Some books for my niece, will be her Christmas present. Need to wipe the covers with disinfectant.
- Not pictured are three board games I picked up.

And digital downloads
- :360: 12 month gold + helmet
- :ps3: Suikoden
- :ps3: Secret of Monkey Island Bundle

Mega Man 9 and 10 on PS3. 5 bucks each.

Castlevania Chronicles and Suikoden on PS3. 3 bucks each.

Etrian Odyssey III with artbook - $29.82 at Amazon.

Mimana: Iyar Chronicle - $32 at Amazon.

Halo Reach and Metroid Other M.

Plants Vs Zombies Disc Release on 360.

Just bought 1600 MS Points, going to get Sonic Adventure later today and start playing that.

:360: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions :psp: Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep - Goozex
:ps3: GT5: Prologue, Fight Night Round 4, MotorStorm $16.00 - eBay
:360: Halo: Reach $33.99 (First ever ECA order/Goldbox/Metroid Prime $20 credit.) - Amazon
:ds: Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations $17.99 - Amazon Warehouse Deals
:wii: MadWorld $3.49 - Amazon Warehouse Deals

Paid more than what I really wanted to... $120 in total(OUCH)

Arc The Lad Collection
picture.php

Mint Tales of Destiny 2
picture.php

Good condition Lunar 1 & 2- No extras though :(
picture.php

picture.php

^ I'd say you came out alright. Arc is normally 60, tales 60, and both lunars standalone no extras are about 80 combined. So you would normally spend 200 to get something of this magnitude. You saved $80.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']^ I'd say you came out alright. Arc is normally 60, tales 60, and both lunars standalone no extras are about 80 combined. So you would normally spend 200 to get something of this magnitude. You saved $80.[/QUOTE]

Well the breakdown was
ATL- $50(where I probably got hurt)
ToD 2- $30
Lunar 1 & 2- $ 20 Each

Glad at least I didn't get ripped off

[quote name='camelking6969']Picked up xbox 360 elite for 119. At pawn shop. What is a gd date on these[/QUOTE]

Anything mid 09 and later.

Just snagged SMT: Nocturne (PS2) for $20.99 at WareHouse Deals. fuck yes. ^_^

Also just snagged Hoshigami: Ruining Blue Earth Remix on DS for $11.99. Awesome unknown RPG's on this thing.. Just really wanna upgrade my DS Lite to a DSi XL since I bought me a GBA SP...

Mortal Kombat Armageddon (Wii, New) $16 shipped at Amazon.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Fire_Thief']Just snagged SMT: Nocturne (PS2) for $20.99 at WareHouse Deals. fuck yes. ^_^

Also just snagged Hoshigami: Ruining Blue Earth Remix on DS for $11.99. Awesome unknown RPG's on this thing.. Just really wanna upgrade my DS Lite to a DSi XL since I bought me a GBA SP...

Mortal Kombat Armageddon (Wii, New) $16 shipped at Amazon.[/QUOTE]

make sure Nocturne actually works. I got my copy a while back from Amazon for $30, and when I went to open it recently to play I found out it doesn't work.

100_1221.jpg

S&SASR set-$20
Sonic pin set-$6
Sonic Bandana-$5
Sonic pillow case-$10
Sonic plush backpack-$30

100_1222.jpg

Super Cobra-$2
Atari Karts-$50
Red Dead Redemption-$15
It-$8

bread's done