The official "can't remember the name of that old game" thread!

Quackzilla

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Me first.

It was an old game on the computer, 2 dimensional. You control a fish and click on what you want it to eat. And different fish have different things they need to eat.

Anyone remember that game?

Odell Lake if it was an Apple IIe. Can't say I remember using a mouse though. Maybe there was an enhanced version later.

Hmmm... Can't help you on that one. Maybe someone can help me with mine, though...

I'm pretty sure it was an NES game (though I could be wrong), but it was a sidescrolling fighter where you were a knight or some other medievel character, and at the end of each level, you'd beat a boss and get a new type of weapon, (sword, mace, axe, etc...) I tried Sword Master, and that wasn't it. I might have some of the details wrong... I hope my brain wasn't just making up this game, as I seem to have fond memories of it...

[quote name='BlueWingX']I'm pretty sure it was an NES game (though I could be wrong), but it was a sidescrolling fighter where you were a knight or some other medievel character, and at the end of each level, you'd beat a boss and get a new type of weapon, (sword, mace, axe, etc...) I tried Sword Master, and that wasn't it. I might have some of the details wrong... I hope my brain wasn't just making up this game, as I seem to have fond memories of it...[/QUOTE]

Astyanax?

[quote name='BlueWingX']Hmmm... Can't help you on that one. Maybe someone can help me with mine, though...

I'm pretty sure it was an NES game (though I could be wrong), but it was a sidescrolling fighter where you were a knight or some other medievel character, and at the end of each level, you'd beat a boss and get a new type of weapon, (sword, mace, axe, etc...) I tried Sword Master, and that wasn't it. I might have some of the details wrong... I hope my brain wasn't just making up this game, as I seem to have fond memories of it...[/QUOTE]
Might be Wizards and Warriors 3. But I think you only use swords in that game. Also the boses are things like earth, wind, fire, lighting, shit like that. And Fabio was on the cover.

All I remember is you were a young elf boy on a journey to save a princess....I'm blanking on what her name was. Anyway you went through dungeons and such. Anyone know that game?

[quote name='sevdustflyer']All I remember is you were a young elf boy on a journey to save a princess....I'm blanking on what her name was. Anyway you went through dungeons and such. Anyone know that game?[/QUOTE]

It better not be Zelda.

[quote name='Strell']It better not be Zelda.[/QUOTE]

Thats what I was thinking. I was like WTF.

"I'm on a never-ending quest to save my girlfriend"

[quote name='Ledhed']Astyanax?[/QUOTE]

That doesn't seem quite right. It's possible I'm just mixing several games in my head.

[quote name='DT778']Might be Wizards and Warriors 3. But I think you only use swords in that game. Also the boses are things like earth, wind, fire, lighting, shit like that. And Fabio was on the cover.[/QUOTE]

No, that wasn't it... Besides, you're describing Ironsword: Wizards and Warriors 2. 3 was the one where you could switch between being a knight, a thief, and a wizard.

Thanks to both of you for trying, though... I appreciate it.

Sounds like the SNES game Knights of the Round... but maybe not.....

[quote name='BlueWingX']Hmmm... Can't help you on that one. Maybe someone can help me with mine, though...

I'm pretty sure it was an NES game (though I could be wrong), but it was a sidescrolling fighter where you were a knight or some other medievel character, and at the end of each level, you'd beat a boss and get a new type of weapon, (sword, mace, axe, etc...) I tried Sword Master, and that wasn't it. I might have some of the details wrong... I hope my brain wasn't just making up this game, as I seem to have fond memories of it...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sevdustflyer']All I remember is you were a young elf boy on a journey to save a princess....I'm blanking on what her name was. Anyway you went through dungeons and such. Anyone know that game?[/QUOTE]

Are you possible thinking of Arkista's Ring? Although you're a girl in that game. But check the screenshots anyway just in case.

King Of Dragons for SNES! PM SENT!

[quote name='Quackzilla']Me first.

It was an old game on the computer, 2 dimensional. You control a fish and click on what you want it to eat. And different fish have different things they need to eat.

Anyone remember that game?[/QUOTE]

Loved that game. I remember getting to play it if you were the first one done with you work in about 2nd grade.

It's not King of Dragons because you wouldn't get different weapons you would just get bigger versions of your weapon

I'm trying to remember the name of this arcade game that was around 1988-90. It was a beat 'em up featuring two guys that both had blonde hair in a similar style that the Chin character has in the first Double Dragon game. One had green overalls, I think and I'm not sure what the color was for the other, but they both had white shirts. You start the first stage jumping out of the back of a truck. And I remember a weapon that you could pick up was a spiked bat.

[quote name='Quackzilla']Me first.

Anyone remember that game?[/QUOTE]

Sounds like Odell Down Under, or a name very similar to that...

[quote name='BlueWingX']That doesn't seem quite right. It's possible I'm just mixing several games in my head.

No, that wasn't it... Besides, you're describing Ironsword: Wizards and Warriors 2. 3 was the one where you could switch between being a knight, a thief, and a wizard.

Thanks to both of you for trying, though... I appreciate it.[/QUOTE]
i have it, the fabio cover alone is worth any price

[quote name='decentfellow']I'm trying to remember the name of this arcade game that was around 1988-90. It was a beat 'em up featuring two guys that both had blonde hair in a similar style that the Chin character has in the first Double Dragon game. One had green overalls, I think and I'm not sure what the color was for the other, but they both had white shirts. You start the first stage jumping out of the back of a truck. And I remember a weapon that you could pick up was a spiked bat.[/QUOTE]

Final Fight?

Here's one I'm having trouble with:
-I played it in the arcade
-Had a western theme
-It was a shooter, non-scrolling
-A behind the back (behind the player) perspective
-You could hide behind stuff

No, it wasn't Final Fight. The characters you played as had the same overall look as if they were twin brothers or something and it wasn't Double Dragon either. :(

Burrito, Was that a light gun game? Did it have actors in it? It kinda sounds like that Maddog game.

Was it River City Ransom?
Or Renegade
(these are the only other beat-em ups I can think of with guys in white shirts)

Oh, and the game I was talking was not a lightgun game. It had a cartoon look to it that, IIRC, was similar to Sunset Riders.

[quote name='decentfellow']I'm trying to remember the name of this arcade game that was around 1988-90. It was a beat 'em up featuring two guys that both had blonde hair in a similar style that the Chin character has in the first Double Dragon game. One had green overalls, I think and I'm not sure what the color was for the other, but they both had white shirts. You start the first stage jumping out of the back of a truck. And I remember a weapon that you could pick up was a spiked bat.[/QUOTE]

Bad Dudes? P.O.W.?

As someone else said, it sounds like bad dudes......

http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?letter=B&game_id=6991

ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH DUDE TO RESCUE THE PRESIDENT?

Greater words have never been written in any video game ever.

Even the legendary "All Your Base" can't compare.

[quote name='Supaman1489']Sounds like Odell Down Under, or a name very similar to that...[/QUOTE]
Yes, that is it! I just googled the screenshots and it looks the same!

I am gonna dowload it and play it for some oldskool fun!

Yes!! This is the topic i been waiting for.

OK this is a super famicom game sometime after 1993. The main game is a racing game with real cars and you race on a stright road. However, to get money there are some very intersting sub game. the first is a puzzle game in which you move cars around a garage. Second is the best. You are a security guard in a build and you fight enemies. Your weapon is a sword. The main character wars a blue baseball hat and a red jacket. I been looking to know what this game is for a long time.

[quote name='Captain_Insano16']

No wait .... Blood Bros! Wild guns was similar, but for SNES.
[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, soooo Blood Bros. I can't to play it again [ie. download the rom]

K, I got one, it's an NES game that I played when I was like 6. I don't remember much, just that you gave pieces of gum to monsters and you could be that monster. Or something very similar to that.

[quote name='Supaman1489']K, I got one, it's an NES game that I played when I was like 6. I don't remember much, just that you gave pieces of gum to monsters and you could be that monster. Or something very similar to that.[/QUOTE]

Probably thinking of Boy and his Blob. You gave him jellybeans and he transformed into different things like a ladder, a rocket, etc.

[quote name='Strell']Probably thinking of Boy and his Blob. You gave him jellybeans and he transformed into different things like a ladder, a rocket, etc.[/QUOTE]

That might be it, I'll have to try and emulate it...

But I think it might have had Nemo or something like it in the title. But it wasn't Finding Nemo to anyone who would toss out the bad joke....

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']Dude... Little Nemo: The Dream Master!

I could always make it to the last level, but never was able to finish the final boss.[/QUOTE]
Definitely Little Nemo. You throw some sort of candy into the mouth of different animals to control them. Very cool game with catchy tunage.

I used to play this game with my cousin, you play as like bald people and go around throwing trashcans and volleyballs at people. Its either for NES or SNES. I so wish to play it again or at least know whats its called.

My turn. I have played this on Famicom, not sure if it was ever released stateside. Basically it's a side-scrolling platformer. After each level, you unlock a piece of jigsaw puzzle.

[quote name='super_kridley']I used to play this game with my cousin, you play as like bald people and go around throwing trashcans and volleyballs at people. Its either for NES or SNES. I so wish to play it again or at least know whats its called.[/QUOTE]

Given your description, I really want to say this is both Super Dodgeball and River City Ransom. Seeing as how they both used the same sprites for people essentially, you might be confusing the two into one. Hope this helps!

Also, to the above, d'oh! I forgot about Nemo!! :D

bread's done
Back