The Official CC Luck Topic (today's the day - 07.11.04)!!

I went down to the 2 CC's in OC, CA on WED and I picked up:

XBOX
Pac-Man World 2 (PH)
Outlaw Golf
Mojo!

GC
Big Mutha Truckers
Beyblade: VForce

PS2
Herdy Gerdy
NFL Blitz Pro
NHL Hitz Pro
Evolution Snowboarding
Endgame
Dark Angel: Vampire Apocalypse
EverGrace
Fantavision
City Crisis
Kinetica
MDK2: Armageddon
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger
Road Kill
Rocky

I stopped by today 7/9 and picked up:

XBOX
Outlaw Golf

PS2
TimeSplitters
Lego Drome Racers

I also asked if they were getting any more for Sunday sale, and they told me that they wouldnt, since they started selling them early.

Oh yeah, Are any of these games good?

Mine looked the same. tried to pick up Kelly Slater for GC, but it rang up $14.99 (still pretty good, but I didn't buy it.)

Went yesterday (had a meeting with "Big Nick" we traded games)
He left with about 6 games, I bought 3.

All the stuff we found was mostly buried on the shelves and was marginal . . .

I got Buffy and Crimson Sea (traders?) and Indiana Jones PS2

BigNick got Hot Wheels GC . . .

I will go Sun (20 min. drive) just in case.

Well I was trying to find a game to pick up for my nephew, CC had a lot of psx titles, almost got Fear Effect 1 and 2 but decided I would never play them. Anyway got

Street Fighter Alpha 3 GBA
Some Gundam fighting game PSX
Murakumo Renegade Mech Pursuit XBOX
Azurik XBOX

The Vegas CC stores are almost all wiped out. Between 2 stores I only got one game (NBA Live 2k2), and I just got it so I wouldn't come home empty handed.

the bin doesnt always help =P
they still leave some games in the shelves with the other games, which is a somewhat good thing (greater chance of finding a good game no one cleaned out yet hehe)
They'll prob bring it out tomorrow

[quote name='ig88vsbobafett']Sweet another person in NH

Concord NH and Manchester NH CC are cleaned out

[quote name='Dragon Fly']Hit Nashua NH and Salem NH again today. Nothing but jam packs, wrestling and sports games. Oh they also have kabuki warriors but i doubt anyone wants that lol. If anyone in the MA/NH area finds AvP, Sims or Mario Party 4 please drop me a line: [email protected]

Thanks!

Todd[/quote][/quote]

I'm from Manchester -- I thought I was the only one from around here.
I've stopped at the Manch CC a couple of times this week. Pretty limited selection at this point, and I didn't see MP4 or AVP even last weekend when this thing started.

After work last night (Friday, July 9), I hit 3 of the 4 Nashville stores (I didn't make it to Hickory Hollow).

At Bellevue, I got:

Final Fantasy Tactics (PSX, GH)
Megaman X4 (PSX)
Chu Chu Rocket (GBA)
Duke Nukem (GBA)

At Cool Springs, I got:

Aliens vs. Predator: Extinction (XBOX)
.dot Hack: Infection (PS2)
Megaman Legends 2 (PSX)
BloodRayne (XBOX)

At Rivergate, I got nothing, although they had about a dozen copies of Azurik.

Nothing spectacular, but some decent finds, considering how well most of it was picked over. Most of the games were on the shelves, not in the bins.

Employees at the Bellevue and Cool Springs stores said that there would be no restock, but an employee at the Rivergate store said they would put more out on Sunday.

Damn, I wish I could've scored a copy of Mega Man X4. I've been to all the CC's in San Antonio, and there's nothing left. Unless they've restocked (yeah right), or unless you're into old sports games, SA is the place to be.

[quote name='cougartai']Damn, I wish I could've scored a copy of Mega Man X4. I've been to all the CC's in San Antonio, and there's nothing left. Unless they've restocked (yeah right), or unless you're into old sports games, SA is the place to be.[/quote]

There was another copy at the Rivergate store. It was in the bin, so it will probably be snagged before I get back there (I don't plan to go back today), but if it is there I will grab it for you.

I went last week and those fuckers took all the $5 games off the shelves and put them in the back, plus they said theyre getting more in for the official sale.... I'm gonna be there when it opens tomorrow and if I don't have a good haul I'll be overly pissed off.

[quote name='guessed'][quote name='cougartai']Damn, I wish I could've scored a copy of Mega Man X4. I've been to all the CC's in San Antonio, and there's nothing left. Unless they've restocked (yeah right), or unless you're into old sports games, SA is the place to be.[/quote]

There was another copy at the Rivergate store. It was in the bin, so it will probably be snagged before I get back there (I don't plan to go back today), but if it is there I will grab it for you.[/quote]

Thanks, let me know if you get it. PM me if you do and we can make a deal or something.

well i went to the CCs in NYC today...
and the answer is no, it's not possible to have any CC luck today.

I just got back from the Middletown, NY CC, and they put out their clearance bins today even though all week they were telling me it wouldn't be out until Sunday. They had a ton of games, but 85% of them were old sports titles. I picked up 5 more titles (including F1 2001 for the xbox), but I feel bad for the guys that are going to be at the door at 11:00 AM tomorrow. Hopefully, they will read this first.......

[quote name='maccabee72']I just got back from the Middletown, NY CC, and they put out their clearance bins today even though all week they were telling me it wouldn't be out until Sunday. They had a ton of games, but 85% of them were old sports titles. I picked up 5 more titles (including F1 2001 for the xbox), but I feel bad for the guys that are going to be at the door at 11:00 AM tomorrow. Hopefully, they will read this first.......[/quote]

Wow, just checked the CC I was going to go at opening tomorrow and the bins are out even though they said Sunday, Sunday, Sunday all F'n week. Pricks! Of course I stop in today around 2PM so everything is already picked over. Another thing that drives me nuts is I stopped in yesterday and noticed they had some really crappy games already out and asked the guy back in videogames if they had more to put out this weekend and he said no. I knew he was lying but a simple 'check back tomorrow' would have been awesome, I know it's a whole three F'n words but how about a little help here. Anyway, not going there first tomorrow because another CC in my area should have a better selection but I'll stop into that CC just to see if anything resurfaces. I've bought some nice games during this sale, but the deception and lies by some of the CC employees is making this very frustrating as well. I know some of you have had good experiences with CC employees during this but I certainly have not.

My CC had a bin out on Thursday, does that mean that there will be no games put out on sunday? I hope that there are more games put out... I am going to be there at 11 Am to get first pick.

the guy at CC told me he doesnt no anything about when they will re-stack the games in the bin. He said they dont get their stuff till tues. and friday, which blows cuz im gonna be away for the next 2 weeks

CC in Orange, CT is picked clean. I was able to get Tribes, MDK 2: Armageddon, and Mortal Kombat: DA (XBox Platinum Hits promo copy 1 cent)...but that's it and doubt they will restock......

Just stopped in the Eugene Oregon CC. They did put all the games in the bin, nothing but old sports games (bad ones at that) 1 Pride FC (PS2) one Raodkill (Ps2), 1 Headhunter, a bunch of really crappy GBA games and Ps1 games (1 Syphon Filter 3). I talked to the guy that works there, he said all the games were out already and they won't have anymore to put out tomorrow and no shipments are coming in.That's the update for Eugene, consider this CC dead.

I went to two cc and picked up for Xbox: Syberia, Roadkill, & Vexx. GameCube: Wrestlemania XIX. PS2: Drakan: The Ancients' Gates. I will go back tomorrow for sure to see if any other games are put back in the bin for sale. 99% off the games in the bin were crap. I almost picked-up Seek and Destroy for PS2, but I wasn't sure if it was any good. Has anyone played Seek and Destroy, if so is it worth $4.99?

[quote name='Qbe']I made a road trip to Holland, MI this morning to visit the store there. Three other guys had lists; mine (from CAG) was the most complete. Until...the video games employee gave us her list. She was busy pulling out games and putting them into a preprinted $4.99 bin.

Selection wasn't bad. I got:
Dynasty Tactics (PS2) (bin)
Megaman X7 (PS2) (shelf)
Gitaroo Man (PS2) (shelf)
MGS2: Substance (XB) (shelf)
Shenmue II (XB) (shelf)
Syberia (XB) (bin)
Megaman Battle Network 2 (GBA) (shelf)
Klonoa: Empire of Dreams (GBA) (shelf)

The store had more copies of Klonoa and Syberia. The others on my list were the only copies at that location. One of the guys said that he was in the store last night and they definitely hadn't restocked since Saturday.[/quote]

Before anyone gets too excited, realize that Holland, MI is a small town in Northern Michigan, primarily known as being a tourist trap... a Circuit City in Holland is almost as close as you could get to a Circuit City in the middle of nowhere.

[quote name='scsg75']seek and destroys msrp is $9.99, so it's not that great a deal, not that great a game either.[/quote]

I don't know what you're talking about. It's one of the really fun car-pgs that were full priced releases in the Choro Q series in Japan.
While not the best game ever made, it was more that worth the 10 dollars it retailed at.

Hit up two CC's today, both had the bins out and were getting hit hard, pretty much very crappy sports titles left. Going to be horribly disappointing for those that just are hearing about it to run up there in the morning .

Damn! What is with them putting out the bins so early? I got there at 5pm thinking "why not". Lo and behold, as others found, they had the bins with mostly sports titles left. I did go to one CC that I knew would have to have something left. I had seen Super Bust-A-Move for GBA earlier and hadn't picked it up (didn't know it was on the list!). I also found one last Futurama for Xbox. But I'm not complaining.. overall, I've had a good haul of games I'll be playing for quite awhile.

Yeah I was surprised myself, I mean that pretty much killed any chance of something being left by the time the sale officially starts, but whatever guess it just rewards those that shop there on a regular basis.

[quote name='salt_peanuts']any one know about the White Plains, NY CC? Are they getting more games?[/quote]

nope, never even been there =P
Why dont you call them? although it is too late now...

Well, today is finally here - my CC doesn't open for another 1.5 hours. I don't even know if I'm going to bother but I'd love to hear that I missed out if some of you get lucky!

my CC is 45 minutes away, I've completely missed out on the deal so far, and after reading this thread all week, I think I'm gonna sit here and play games instead of heading out.

absolutely nothing - just the same bin that they put out mid-week with crap sports titles and demo discs.

Funny - about 5-6 other ppl came when it opened for the same exact reason.

one of them was a guy that i noticed took the last of the games on monday.

these guys had nothing better to do than to clean the CC out on the weekend and then keep coming back.

i got zip.

oh well - at least I HIT THREE 7-11s so far!!!

my cc sucked. it had all old sports games and ps2 jampacks. there wasnt anything too great but i did get:

mx superfly and knockout kings 2003 for gc. i dont know if i plan on keeping them tho.

Well I can confirm, that some select locations will be getting in shipments in all mounth long. A manager at a CC told me this was memo'd to select CC's.

YMMV by store. just call and ask, that's how I found out.

bread's done
Back