The Official Craigslist Finds Thread Vol. 2

got another pretty good score off of Craigslist. He originally wanted $200 for everything. I asked him that if no one else took it for $200 if he would sell it to me for $60 after the weekend. He said yeah.

It has the expansion thing. Unfortunately the system is missing the expansion covers. =<

Here are the games.

Good:

Meh:

and wrasslin'

I am concerned as to why there are so many duplicates. Still, a funtastic system and some solid titles that should put me in the +.

^ Couple of really good finds. Especially the 2nd one, pretty awesome selection of games. I have a deal set up for Wednesday morning, but it's gonna cost me $300. Going to be picking up a pretty good lot of complete GBA, GBC & N64 games, plus the systems (N64 boxed). I'll be back with pics and specifics after the deal.

[quote name='kermit036']got another pretty good score off of Craigslist. He originally wanted $200 for everything. I asked him that if no one else took it for $200 if he would sell it to me for $60 after the weekend. He said yeah.

It has the expansion thing. Unfortunately the system is missing the expansion covers. =<

Here are the games.

Good:

Meh:

and wrasslin'

I am concerned as to why there are so many duplicates. Still, a funtastic system and some solid titles that should put me in the +.[/QUOTE]

Man, me and my friends played the hell out of those wrestling games back in the day(highschool years), especially the wcw/nwo and revenge one. Playing those and then some goldeneye made for a fun time

[quote name='robwhois']Man, me and my friends played the hell out of those wrestling games back in the day(highschool years), especially the wcw/nwo and revenge one. Playing those and then some goldeneye made for a fun time[/QUOTE]

I just spent 5 hours playing them with a bunch of friends Saturday. Still tons of mindless fun

So I got my N64/Gameboy bundle today for $300 that I mentioned a few days ago. I'm at work now and didn't have time to get pics of everything, but I just have a question about one of the games value, thought maybe someone here could possibly help. I got a Rampage 2: Universal Tour big box edition, complete and mint with the wolf character plush keychain included. I've looked around online a little for more info, and all I could really find was that it is fairly rare. Does anyone know what exactly its worth? Any help is much appreciated.

I tried to add the pics I took, but can't from my phone. But the box is in great shape with no creases or bends or anything, has all of the manuals, cardboard insert, game with the plastic bag on it and the plush, which is in really good condition, only some of the white paint from its teeth is peeling off.

Again, sorry for no pics, and any info is greatly appreciated. I'll continue to do some research myself as well and I'll have pics of the whole package probably tomorrow.

[quote name='Kovorkian']pretty cool I never even saw one of those before[/QUOTE]

Yeah, me neither. I never even heard of or knew about it until today. The kid was just going through a few games and he's just like, yeah here's Rampage that came with a little guy, he's still in there. I'm just like oh cool, the more complete the better.

I ended up putting a post up over on nintendoage too asking about it, and I got a response that I certainly wasn't expecting... the guy told me I'm one of only 3 known people to have one of the keychains. I nearly shit, I can't believe this thing is that rare. With this and the vectrex find, I don't even care if I find anything for the rest of the year. I just can't believe the great luck I've been having lately.

[quote name='jk17866']Yeah, me neither. I never even heard of or knew about it until today. The kid was just going through a few games and he's just like, yeah here's Rampage that came with a little guy, he's still in there. I'm just like oh cool, the more complete the better.

I ended up putting a post up over on nintendoage too asking about it, and I got a response that I certainly wasn't expecting... the guy told me I'm one of only 3 known people to have one of the keychains. I nearly shit, I can't believe this thing is that rare. With this and the vectrex find, I don't even care if I find anything for the rest of the year. I just can't believe the great luck I've been having lately.[/QUOTE]

Thats crazy man, congrats on that pickup.

Jeez, how fast do people respond on Craigslist? I just called about a Nintendo Wii for $30 8 minutes after it was posted, and they tell me someone is actually at their house at that moment buying it. Third time something similar has happened, I mean how does someone see the Craigslist post, contact the person, and get to the person's house all in less than 10 minutes?

[quote name='ferant316']Jeez, how fast do people respond on Craigslist? I just called about a Nintendo Wii for $30 8 minutes after it was posted, and they tell me someone is actually at their house at that moment buying it. Third time something similar has happened, I mean how does someone see the Craigslist post, contact the person, and get to the person's house all in less than 10 minutes?[/QUOTE]

Lol, yeah I hate that. Next door neighbor must have been the one who found the CL ad. Cheap wii's go really fast on CL

Picked this up for $150 today.

OB1MEyX.jpg

Everything's in like new to mint condition (no scratches on the 3DS). Not sure if I should sell it and upgrade to the Animal Crossing 3DS XL or wait and see if the value rises.

Just got "owned" and made a rookie mistake. I deserved it though and luckily it was only $40 dollars.

Craigslist Ad (listing has been deleted by the seller)

GameCube with 10 games and 2 OEM controllers.
Games are mario party, zelda, mega man, mario kart, disney games, etc.

Long story short. Met up this seller at a shopping lot near the 405 freeway. He handed me the items in a bag and I handed him the cash and we then both part ways. I was in a hurry (friend's graduation ceremony) and wanted to leave before the traffic starts and plus this guy showed up 15 mins late so i didn't bother looking at them later that night. Actually he was there 10 mins before i was there, just that he did not text my number instead he was replying back via email the whole time. Got home around 9ish and found out all the games are in super bad condition, nothing but deep scratches after scratches. No freak'n power cable or video output either. I was hoping the controllers were at least functional but did not work and in awful condition. Tested the games out on my Wii and none of them work. Logged into my email immediately and replied back asking for my $$$ money back and got a replied back to "F OFF". When I got that I was like "what a dumba$$ and kinda laughed it out". Oh well. I 'm screwed either way since the seller did not leave his number and his email was the masked craigslist email.

Note: I asked the seller last night the condition of the discs and he said it was great condition and that the system works great so I kinda of believe him since i was meeting him up in a rich ass area (Irvine) and he didn't look suspicious at sight (elder white male in a bimmer).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='postaboy']Just got "owned" and made a rookie mistake. I deserved it though and luckily it was only $40 dollars.

Craigslist Ad (listing has been deleted by the seller)

GameCube with 10 games and 2 OEM controllers.
Games are mario party, zelda, mega man, mario kart, disney games, etc.

Long story short. Met up this seller at a shopping lot near the 405 freeway. He handed me the items in a bag and I handed him the cash and we then both part ways. I was in a hurry (friend's graduation ceremony) and wanted to leave before the traffic starts and plus this guy showed up 15 mins late so i didn't bother looking at them later that night. Actually he was there 10 mins before i was there, just that he did not text my number instead he was replying back via email the whole time. Got home around 9ish and found out all the games are in super bad condition, nothing but deep scratches after scratches. No freak'n power cable or video output either. I was hoping the controllers were at least functional but did not work and in awful condition. Tested the games out on my Wii and none of them work. Logged into my email immediately and replied back asking for my $$$ money back and got a replied back to "F OFF". When I got that I was like "what a dumba$$ and kinda laughed it out". Oh well. I 'm screwed either way since the seller did not leave his number and his email was the masked craigslist email.

Note: I asked the seller last night the condition of the discs and he said it was great condition and that the system works great so I kinda of believe him since i was meeting him up in a rich ass area (Irvine) and he didn't look suspicious at sight (elder white male in a bimmer).[/QUOTE]

That's odd, I usually peruse the GameCube listings around Irvine and I didn't see that one. Sorry to hear about that. Anyone know if resurfacing machines work on GameCube discs? I usually deal with people once I get a phone number which makes it much easier to track if something does go wrong in the future.

[quote name='edavis0780']That's odd, I usually peruse the GameCube listings around Irvine and I didn't see that one. Sorry to hear about that. Anyone know if resurfacing machines work on GameCube discs? I usually deal with people once I get a phone number which makes it much easier to track if something does go wrong in the future.[/QUOTE]

It's cool. No big deal. I know soon or later I was going to run into one. This guy posted the ad in the electronic section. Did you search it in the VG categories? Because when I did that it did not appear on it. At first I thought he sold them, but got a replied back via email from him later that night. I didn't bother asking for his number since the transaction was only $40. Over a $100 then yeah I make sure I get a number or if possible an address.

[quote name='edavis0780']That's odd, I usually peruse the GameCube listings around Irvine and I didn't see that one. Sorry to hear about that. Anyone know if resurfacing machines work on GameCube discs? I usually deal with people once I get a phone number which makes it much easier to track if something does go wrong in the future.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes resurfacing works, sometimes it doesn't with GC games. I've had some that were pretty bad, and after resurfacing they looked nice, but after a while of playing, they would throw a disc error.

Snagged several great psx rpgs, xenogears, FFVII, FFVIII, Lunar complete 4-disc edition, for trade for the psp go I got at Gamestop and a few cheap cart only DS games. Pretty good CL score!

PSX games are complete, BL, and some have guides

[quote name='postaboy']It's cool. No big deal. I know soon or later I was going to run into one. This guy posted the ad in the electronic section. Did you search it in the VG categories? Because when I did that it did not appear on it. At first I thought he sold them, but got a replied back via email from him later that night. I didn't bother asking for his number since the transaction was only $40. Over a $100 then yeah I make sure I get a number or if possible an address.[/QUOTE]

I check all for sale posts. I try and get a phone number because you never know what could happen and a phone record could be useful. Either way, hope you're able to get them resurfaced and working!

Finalizing a deal, and was wondering if anyone has ever used a Google Voice number, as a temp phone number.

Any help / advice is appreciated

[quote name='Kovorkian']Finalizing a deal, and was wondering if anyone has ever used a Google Voice number, as a temp phone number.

Any help / advice is appreciated[/QUOTE]

Frequently with Craigslist deals. They get a throwaway email addy and my google voice #.

[quote name='yourlefthand']Frequently with Craigslist deals. They get a throwaway email addy and my google voice #.[/QUOTE]

I used my junk e-mail :D

and I just signed up for a Google voice number, I didn't think it would be so easy.

Just awaiting a confirmation of the time and place for tomorrow pickup :D chose a public spot (Shopping center) and a time frame

it WAS going to be:
(complete except where noted)
Medal of Honor Rising Sun
Mario Golf Toadstool Tour
The Legend of Zelda Collectors Edition
The Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker (missing manual)

for $5 each

They e-mailed me shortly after I left the house today, and over the course of the day sold the Zelda games, so I was no longer interested.

It's kinda odd that people in my area are selling PS3s like flies. They're slim ones with two games and controllers, and they're willing to just sell them away for less than $180. It's as if they're expecting to get the PS4 or trying to dump their systems before a "price drop." Getting a Sega Saturn was as expensive as these people are wanting, and one guy even wanted to trade a PS3 for it.

Had a great buy today. We agreed on about $210 for everything in his ad.

It was suposed to be this stuff + some extra things but he couldnt find them, we settled on $157 for this.
originalsmixed.jpg

Guy brought out a big box full of games / consoles. A lot of extra stuff he brought, was really surprised to see some really great titles. Yes, that is Lufia up in the corner.
extrasmixed.jpg

And some gamecube games that were extras that I picked out. All the zeldas are CiB with manual, as well as tales of symphonia
extrasgc.jpg

All GC games except for sonic 2 battle are CiB.

I offered an even $300 for everything and he was happy to take it.

[quote name='Artrigis']Had a great buy today. We agreed on about $210 for everything in his ad.

It was suposed to be this stuff + some extra things but he couldnt find them, we settled on $157 for this.
originalsmixed.jpg

Guy brought out a big box full of games / consoles. A lot of extra stuff he brought, was really surprised to see some really great titles. Yes, that is Lufia up in the corner.
extrasmixed.jpg

And some gamecube games that were extras that I picked out. All the zeldas are CiB with manual, as well as tales of symphonia
extrasgc.jpg

All GC games except for sonic 2 battle are CiB.

I offered an even $300 for everything and he was happy to take it.[/QUOTE]

$300 for everything is great! Nice score.

Just finalized a deal, picking it up tomorrow so I will post pics then but too excited to not post the deal!!!

All systems come with appropriate hook-ups and at least 1 controller (most have 2 or 3)
Atari 2600
SNES
Sega Genesis 2 with Sega CD
Sega Saturn
Dreamcast
PS2

He sent me a list of 30 games, said there are over 100 in all, and almost all are complete other than Atari and NES games.

Some games:
Final Fantasy II CIB
Nights into Dreams CIB
Megaman X and X2 cart only
Parasite Eve II CIB
Metroid NES CIB

The best part is.....$100.00!!! At this point I don't care if everything even has marker on it, which he says it doesn't. It is an hour away from me but seems totally worth it. Will post some pics tomorrow or Friday after the transaction is done.

Made a few pickups in the past week. Sorry, didn't take any pictures. Here's the GBC/GBA/N64 lot I mentioned a little while ago (made this deal last Wednesday). All games are COMPLETE unless noted. The boxes are almost all in perfect condition as well. I paid $300 for everything.

- GBC:
Pokemon Silver Version
Super Mario Bros. Deluxe
Yu-gi-oh! Dark Duel Stories
Mission: Impossible
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX (slight denting at bottom of box)
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six
Pokemon Blue (cart only)
Pokemon Yellow: Special Pikachu Edition (cart only)
OTHER: Game Boy Color system (yellow), Pokemon Pinball, Interact GameShark Pro & Pelican Brainboy

- GBA:
Pokemon Ruby Version
The Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past w/ Four Swords Adventure
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga
Super Mario Advance
Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island
Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Donkey Kong Country
Mega Man Battle Network 3 White Version (no manuals)
Yu-gi-oh! Worldwide Edition
Yu-gi-oh! The Sacred Cards
Serious Sam (no manuals)
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (cart only)
OTHER: Game Boy Advance SP (blue) w/ Red Carrying Case, link cable and charger

- N64:
Super Smash Bros.
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
Namco Museum 64
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
Duke Nukem: Zero Hour
Nightmare Creatures
Mario Kart 64
Perfect Dark
Turok 2: Seeds of Evil
Goldeneye 007
Vigilante 8
Donkey Kong 64 (w/Expansion Pack)
Rampage 2: Universal Tour Big Box
OTHER: Gray Nintendo 64 console w/ 2 controllers (Atomic Purple & Gray), hookups, expansion pack, 2 memory cards and 2 Nintendo 64 clear plastic game cases

Like I said, everything is in overall awesome shape. The systems might need some light cleaning, but that's about it. Turned out to be an awesome deal. I currently have the Rampage listed on ebay and it already paid for the entire lot and then some!

Got this one yesterday. Not exactly craigslist, but a friend of mine saw a local ad on facebook for a SNES bundle and let me know about it. So for $40, here's what I got:

- Super Nintendo console w/ 2 controllers, no hookups (luckily I have an extra set)

- 24 Games: Spider-Man Venom: Maximum Carnage, The Pagemaster, Super Mario Kart, Super Mario All-Stars, Super Mario World, Donkey Kong Country 2, Home Alone 2, NBA Live '97, Congo's Caper, Michael Jordan: Chaos in the Windy City, Champions World Class Soccer, Sim City, Mario Paint (w/ Mouse), Tiny Toons: Buster Busts Loose, Aladdin, Super Scope 6 (w/ sensor), Taz-Mania, Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game, Super Punch-Out!!, Nickelodeon Guts, The Lion King, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, NBA Showdown and TMNT IV: Turtles In Time

Nothing super rare or anything but a pretty good selection of games. For $40 bucks and a one minute drive, can't really pass it up. Could use a good cleaning though lol.

[quote name='jk17866']Made a few pickups in the past week. Sorry, didn't take any pictures. Here's the GBC/GBA/N64 lot I mentioned a little while ago (made this deal last Wednesday). All games are COMPLETE unless noted. The boxes are almost all in perfect condition as well. I paid $300 for everything.
[/QUOTE]

Wow that's really an amazing deal.....the idea of finding boxed Pokemon games still makes me drool a little bit. I've never been lucky enough to find one :p

Yeah nice score.. I picked up one boxed pokemon game once. $7 at a yard sale, fire red CiB with wireless adapter, sold it for about $70

I don't have the ad for this any more, but I recently experienced a little bit of craigslist awesomeness.

To preface, I run the Game Room for MAGFest, the Music and Gaming Festival. We don't take sponsors, so my budget is pretty small compared to the size of the event (we had 9000 people last year), so I have to work really hard to stretch what little money I'm given. A few weeks ago while on CL I spot an ad from someone whose parents had dropped off some of their old gaming equipment: an NES, a PS1, and some games. They were just giving it away, so I e-mailed them right away saying who I was and that we could definitely use the equipment. Turns out this woman and her husband have been to PAX and have heard about MAGFest but have never been, so I end up letting her know that we're starting an equipment drive where a working system complete with cords and a controller gets you a free badge to MAGFest. So I get her info, set up a time for me to come pick up the systems and games, and get a friend to come with me just in case.

So I get to the couple's house and chat with the woman a bit: they're a younger couple sort of new to the area and are generally pretty cool. She hands me the box of equipment, noting that the games are in a shoe box inside. I thank her and say goodbye, then head back to my car. Unable to contain my curiosity I open the box with the games and see some NES and SNES classics MAGFest could definitely use, and then I realize there's a copy of Earthbound in there. I don't know the price of every game off the top of my head, but Earthbound is my favorite game ever and I'm well aware of what it goes for. I take it out, go back to the house, and tell the woman that I can't in good conscience take something so valuable for free, and tell her they should try to sell it on CL or eBay. She takes the game, thanks me, and I leave.

About a week later I get an e-mail from her. Turns out neither her or her husband really feel like dealing with CL or eBay, so they'd just like to donate Earthbound to MAGFest. So right now the plan is have the game playable during the event (in a secure location, of course) and at the end of the event we'll put it up for sale in our Child's Play charity auction.

Anyway, that's my little story. Moments like this seem pretty rare, so I thought I'd share it :)

[quote name='donut']Sorry but that console is $100 value at best.[/QUOTE]

$125 imo, thats what Amazon Warehouse is selling it around (still $95 TIV at GS)

Obv I would prefer to pay

I might not be using this thread right, but I didn't see a more appropritae one in the "deal advice" board. I'm mainly looking to get stuff cheap on Craiglist and flip on Amazon or even gamestop (saving for next gen...). Anyway, I thought these two posts might be worth pursuing, just wanted your guys' opinion.

http://delaware.craigslist.org/vgm/3854713867.html

(250 GB X360 "old model" and a slim PS2 for $80)

and

http://delaware.craigslist.org/ele/3847516665.html

(2 DS lites with a bunch of awful games for $60)

Wed I got:

Xbox 360 Pro (60 gb)

2 Wireless Controllers

Wireless Adapter

L.A. Noire

Mafia II

Modern Warfare 3

Driver: San Francisco

Wii (The old BC one with 2 remotes and 2 nunchucks)

Red Steel

Red Steel 2

Fifa 08

Resident Evil 4

Call of Duty 3

Call of Duty Black Ops

Just Dance 2

Whole point was I wanted a Wii. But I was broke.....had an idea though.

Bought it all for $105. Went to Gamestop, traded everything in but the Wii and remotes/nunchucks for cash and got $127.XX. Just noticed today they counted the HDD as 20gb instead of 60 but whatever.

End of the day got my Wii and made $20. Obviously could have made back more in credit or selling it through other avenues but I couldn't really make an investment so figure I could get my Wii without "spending" money.

I decided today to remove all the listings I have on Craigslist and will put them on eBay this weekend. I'm done with CL for a while. Been trying to get rid of a decent amount of my older games and some other electronics. I've gotten little interest, mainly people interested in trades but I want cash. I price my things cheaper than eBay. I've only sold 5 things out of the 25 things I had on there since the beginning of May. I have also had 5 people not ****ing show up in the past 3 weeks which resulted in wasting $20+ in gas. Today was the last straw as this guy I met up with me to look at some cheaper N64 games I posted, which I did provide pics for. He looked at them, said he wasn't interested in any, and drove off -_______- 

I will return to CL eventually. I use CL to sell and buy stuff all the time at the city I live in for college. I do quite well their as it doubles the population of my home town. My hometown area does have 150,000+ people though which is a lot.

Does anyone have advice on avoiding people who don't show up? 

Picked up a mint condition copy of Gears of War Judgement this evening for $20. Disc is flawless, and it even still had the Gears of War 1 code in the case unscratched. The guy wanted $25, but knocked off $5 himself because he was 15 minutes late to meet me.

I would say the most important thing is to portray a no-nonsense professional demeanor.

When Im going to meet someone even a few hours after I initially call / text them. Tell them that you will call / text back 30 min before meet up time to verify your still set to meet up. And if they dont return the call or text you wont show up.

I always do this, however still expect people to show up 15 min late which is very common.

I would say the most important thing is to portray a no-nonsense professional demeanor.

When Im going to meet someone even a few hours after I initially call / text them. Tell them that you will call / text back 30 min before meet up time to verify your still set to meet up. And if they dont return the call or text you wont show up.

I always do! this, however still expect people to show up 15 min late which is very common.
make them come to you

I got this Gamecube lot for $20 from someone I bought from before. The only things that are not complete are Paper Mario and Monkey Ball 2.

bread's done
Back