The Official Craigslist Finds Thread Vol. 2

Bah - not a find, but I thought I found someone to buy something on C-list. Went back and forth via text a bunch of times, gonna meet tomorrow at noon, etc. and then he says "I will need to confirm this is real,my company will be sending you a text now,I need to see the code in the text just for verification" and I get a text from a different number with "Caution: Protect yourself from scams. Do not trust anyone who asks you for this code. Details: http://bit.ly/NoScams Code for Postlets advertisers only: 7057 "

I'm not familiar with this scam, but it just screams scam scam scam. Maybe it will try to charge me if I type in that number. I use a free google voice account, so I don't usually worry about that stuff anyways. Just annoying to waste time like that.

Bought a Star Wars Edition xbox 360 bundle today for $150.

limited edition console

320gb hard drive

gold controller

charge cable

hdmi cord

power supply

basic wired headset

Skyrim Legendary Edition

Forza 4

CoD Black Ops 2

State of Decay(on hdd)

Fable 3(on hdd)

Farming Simulator(on hdd)

MX vs. ATV Alive(on hdd)

NHL 13(on hdd)

NHL 14(on hdd)

Serious Sam 3: BFE(on hdd)

there is also a bunch of add-ons for the games on the hard drive

Correct me if I am wrong, but are not the add-on games linked to the guy's profile. Don't you also need to be on xbox live gold to access those games.

Correct me if I am wrong, but are not the add-on games linked to the guy's profile. Don't you also need to be on xbox live gold to access those games.
That sounds about right. What I would try to do is a license transfer, if he is able to get into the guys profile. You are allowed to do this every 6 months (1 time).

Picked up a slim 4GB 360 the other day. It came with a Kinect, two controllers, Resident Evil 6, a couple Guitar Hero games, Halo 4, Call of Duty Black Ops, and Kinect Adventures. Total for the lot was $75 and I sold the Kinect the next day for $45.

AWESOME deal today. Got the older Apple Cinema Display with the DVI-ACD cable for $50! That cable alone goes for over $100 on eBay.

LzZWLkk.jpg

Yay I have a PS3 again! Got a 160GB PS3 with 2 DS3 controllers for $100. I'll probably sell the controllers and use my DS4 controller instead.

Also I have a question. What's the best way to get a tobacco smell off of electronics?

UYjzxMc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay I have a PS3 again! Got a 160GB PS3 with 2 DS3 controllers for $100. I'll probably sell the controllers and use my DS4 controller instead.

Also I have a question. What's the best way to get a tobacco smell off of electronics?

UYjzxMc.jpg
disinfecting wipes should get the tar/shit off them and should help with the scent in the process. target brand is good quality

UYjzxMc.jpg
I've found that using Clorox brand cleaning wipes works great. Afterwards, stick it in a shoebox with either a small box of baking soda or some dryer sheets and leave it for a week or so. Only way the smell gets dampened/goes away unfortunately :(

Picked up some games and a guitar on craigslist today.

wireless Les Paul PS3 GH guitar with dongle

xbox 360 Dirt 3

xbox 360 MX vs ATV Alive

xbox 360 MX vs ATV Reflex

xbox 360 Call of Duty Black Ops 2

xbox 360 Left 4 Dead 2

xbox 360 Dark Souls LE tin case with artbook(no game)

Paid $70 for all of it.

Do the wired white Guitar Hero guitars have any Craigslist value? I have two of them in a "gig bag" plus like 5-6 of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games.

I've found that using Clorox brand cleaning wipes works great. Afterwards, stick it in a shoebox with either a small box of baking soda or some dryer sheets and leave it for a week or so. Only way the smell gets dampened/goes away unfortunately :(
Wrapping the items in newspaper and putting them in a sealed plastic storage bin for a few days helps too. Maybe also shake some baking soda in the container.

Just picked up a large lot an hour ago.

-250gb xbox 360 slim

-3 wireless controller

-power cord

-kinect sensor

-Gears of War 2

-Halo 3

-Halo 3 ODST

-Halo 4

-Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

-L.A. Noire

-Guitar Hero 5

-Unreal Tournament 3

-Fallout New Vegas

-Skyrim

-Mass Effect

-Grand Theft Auto 4

-Grand Theft Auto 5

-Dead Rising

-Fallout 3

-Farcry 3

-Kinect Adventures

-MW2

-MW3

-Black Ops

-Star Wars the Force Unleashed

-Forza 3

-Mafia 2

-Fable 2

-Fable The Journey

-Brink

-Assassin's Creed 3

-Bioshock Infinite

-Dishonored

Paid $250 for all of it.

Almost all of the games are in like-new condition, and have no scratches on the disc.

Picked up a wii bundle today for $140. All of the games are in great condition and are complete.

-black wii with cords

-2 black remotes with 1 motion plus

-2 afterglow remotes

-2 nunchucks

-Mario Party 8 

-Mario Party 9
-Mario Kart Wii
-Super Paper Mario
-Super Smash Bros Brawl
-New Super Mario Bros.
-Super Mario Galaxy
-Wario Ware Smooth Moves
-Zelda Twilight Princess
-Links Crossbow Training (with crossbow attachment)
-Sega Superstars Tennis 
-Wii Play 
-Summer Sports Paradise Island
-Wii Sports 
-Game Party
-Endless Ocean : Blue World
-Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2012 (with gun)
-Build'n Race
-Chaotic Shadow Warriors (new)
-Spectrobes Origins (new)

Need some advice on this: http://peoria.craigslist.org/vgm/4275989233.html

Jungle green Nintendo 64. Expansion pack. 4 controllers. A jungle green one, red, yellow, and gold. 2 rumble packs. 1 memory card. San Francisco rush, donkey kong 64, goldeneye 007, conkers bad fur day, Mario party 3, super smash bros, starfox 64, rush 2, body harvest, Zelda ocarina of time, majoras mask, turok, and rainbow 6. Only 2 games come with box and manual, starfox and conkers bad fur day. Asking $150 OBO.
I don't know much about n64 games, but the two boxed games are starfox64 and conkers which sound decent. I decided to throw a random email offer for $100, but for some reason I honestly think it's just someone troll posting lol.

[quote name="thecobb8" post="11423671" timestamp="1389074499"]Need some advice on this: http://peoria.craigslist.org/vgm/4275989233.html

I don't know much about n64 games, but the two boxed games are starfox64 and conkers which sound decent. I decided to throw a random email offer for $100, but for some reason I honestly think it's just someone troll posting lol.[/quote] dang, Conkers compete in box alone is worth the $100... But as you said, it might be someone trolling

Need some advice on this: http://peoria.craigslist.org/vgm/4275989233.html

I don't know much about n64 games, but the two boxed games are starfox64 and conkers which sound decent. I decided to throw a random email offer for $100, but for some reason I honestly think it's just someone troll posting lol.
dang, Conkers compete in box alone is worth the $100... But as you said, it might be someone trolling
lol seeing this and doing a little research on the other stuff I gotta believe it as a troll post. Not expecting a serious response to my offer haha.

I dunno. It was posted at about 11pm and deleted around 2 hours later at 1am or so. I still think it was a troll post.
So.

I woke up and checked my email and actually got a response:

thanks fr responding. deleted ad because of so many responses. after doing research, i am now asking $280. i will not go lower than this. i now realize i have some rare items and i will not letthem go for cheap. thanks for your interest. u can call/text ======= ask for mike.
Sigh.

People who raise their prices after "researching" are worse than the morons who try to go for Ebay+ prices from the beginning. 

Well this is unfortunate. That PS3 I posted a few days ago is having problems where it randomly shuts down and the video card is starting to go bad. Texted the guy but no response so I'll go ahead and report him. Luckily I should be able to all of my money back on eBay.

This will be the first time I have been scammed in my 3 years of using CL. I guess I'm kind of lucky.

[quote name="Ferrari Racer" post="11427676" timestamp="1389201300"]Well this is unfortunate. That PS3 I posted a few days ago is having problems where it randomly shuts down and the video card is starting to go bad. Texted the guy but no response so I'll go ahead and report him. Luckily I should be able to all of my money back on eBay.

This will be the first time I have been scammed in my 3 years of using CL. I guess I'm kind of lucky.[/quote]

Probably overheating. Just open it up, clean it up, apply new thermal paste, and good chance it will be fine.

Well this is unfortunate. That PS3 I posted a few days ago is having problems where it randomly shuts down and the video card is starting to go bad. Texted the guy but no response so I'll go ahead and report him. Luckily I should be able to all of my money back on eBay.

This will be the first time I have been scammed in my 3 years of using CL. I guess I'm kind of lucky.
Huh? You bought in off a guy on craigslist (this *is* the official craigslist finds thread you posted said find in, after all), so who exactly are you planning on reporting him to? And you should be able to get all of your money back on eBay? Does not compute...

picked up another $100 N64 lot... a lot of similar games as the other one but this one has some good ones

i really like the feel of the 3rd party controller

DSC01485_zpsf70b6536.jpg

[quote name="gatordeve86" post="11458305" timestamp="1390193560"]picked up another $100 N64 lot... a lot of similar games as the other one but this one has some good ones
i really like the feel of the 3rd party controller
DSC01485_zpsf70b6536.jpg
[/quote] I wish I could find some good stuff like that... Nice pickup!

Nothing video game related, but I took my little brother to pick up a yu-gi-oh/pokemon lot for $20 that was near us. The lot came with 3000+ yugioh cards, 250+ pokemon cards, some other random cards, 3 yu-gi-oh movies, and the yu-gi-oh chaos dual disk.

That post is 2 weeks old and still active, so it seems he hasn't gotten any serious buyers or he just hasnt taken the ad down.

hard as hell to sell something like this on Craigslist. Would probably have to sell on Ebay to get the price/attention he wants but he obv doesnt want to eat shipping and selling costs.

AS I type this I just realize this is only about 2 hrs from my location.

two great scores in the past week.

-Samsung SyncMaster SA350 22" HDTV monitor for $40. Works fine. 

-PS4 camera. $40.

d08gPRv.jpg

pPRS7eH.jpg

[quote name="kobun" post="11483556" timestamp="1391027059"]Expensive.. Maybe 200 would be fair even that seems like a lot. Theirs a reason why the ad is still up.[/quote]

Really? I looked it up on eBay, seems everything would run around $500....
Im hesitating what to offer this guy.

$200 would be a no brainer, fantastic/amazing deal for that lot.  If I didn't have an N64 and a lot of those games were going to go into my personal collection, I'd probably offer a firm $400 cash "take it or leave it".  But if that bundle showed up in my local craigslist, I'd personally pay $300 at most for it, and try to target $200-250 cash because most of those would be getting resold individually and thus it would be all about maximizing profit.  

It's definitely a high quality lot that could be parted out for some profit, but the $600 he's asking is just delusional.

[quote name="karkyco" post="11484081" timestamp="1391038882"]$200 would be a no brainer, fantastic/amazing deal for that lot. If I didn't have an N64 and a lot of those games were going to go into my personal collection, I'd probably offer a firm $400 cash "take it or leave it". But if that bundle showed up in my local craigslist, I'd personally pay $300 at most for it, and try to target $200-250 cash because most of those would be getting resold individually and thus it would be all about maximizing profit.

It's definitely a high quality lot that could be parted out for some profit, but the $600 he's asking is just delusional.[/quote]

Alrighty, thanks for the tip :)

Yesterday's pick-up for $25 (all of it for the xbox 360)

-wireless xbox 360 guitar

-The Amazing Spiderman

-Army of Two The Devil's Cartel

-Ace Combat 6

-Dead Pool

It was part of a larger lot for $75, but I picked out a couple things and she gave me a price.

Really? I looked it up on eBay, seems everything would run around $500.... Im hesitating what to offer this guy.
IF your research on eBay SOLD listings shows $500...figure at least -$150 fees (PP/Ebay) and then whatever you consider a "bulk" buy discount...Listing, packing, shipping individual items is worth a premium...to me at least another $100, so now you are at $250...and I would only pay that IF I planned on keeping everything...as the reality is if you sell part of the collection there will be time, supplies, fees and exposure to a clean transaction (items do get lost and refunds are a possiblity...)

I would send him/her an email from your non primary email account offering $200 with an explanation why (your current SOLD Ebay research, fees, etc...) This will get the seller thinking about your offer (which might offend him initially)

Now send him another offer from your primary email (wait at least overnight) and offer him a firm $250...

by sending the 2nd email as a different buyer, your $250 offer might fly...

All this above is based on your accurate research of a $500 valuation...

Another way I've done before is if they live reasonably close, I ask to come over and check out the collection.

I bring a composed list of realistic values from research and negotiate from there... but nomatter what ... do not overpay...

you'll be kicking yourself later...

$150 in final value fees on $500 sold? That seems a bit excessive to me. I'd say more like $70 ish, after eBay / paypal.

And I don't know, I added up everything quick in my head going by average/more low end price, and I'm coming up with more around 650-700 on that lot. There's a lot of nice stuff there. Thats also if those boxed games are complete though. If it were me, I'd start at maybe like 300, and go no more than 400.

bread's done
Back