The official F.e.a.r thread and its out NOW GO BUY IT!!!!!

[quote name='CaseyRyback']new MP beta hit today according to the e-mail I just recieved. I need to go and pre-order that tomorrow at Gamestop[/QUOTE]

oh yea did anyone recieve the invites I sent out a while back before I changed the thread to F.E.A.R demo ?

Hmmm I went to eb and the dude cancled my online pre-order cause I wanted to get the deluxe edition . I wonder if id still get the invite .

[quote name='jam3582']oh yea did anyone recieve the invites I sent out a while back before I changed the thread to F.E.A.R demo ?

Hmmm I went to eb and the dude cancled my online pre-order cause I wanted to get the deluxe edition . I wonder if id still get the invite .[/QUOTE]

yea I am definately pre-ordering the deluxe edition. It looks like it will be worth the extra five bucks

and while I will not be playing tomorrow, maybe everyone who has the beta could get get together and play on thursday or friday

Bump this sucka for some ridiculous new shots on IGN and new thread Name . Now everyone rejoice for this game and save your money for that new ati card

holy shit. I just played this demo with my cousins and wow! I am really suprised at how good this game is. The graphics are great, the AI is great. I practically shat my pants when I saw that little girl it give me fucking shivers. Anyone else get scared like me? :)

If anyone gets PC gamer could they give us some insight into what they said. They gave it a 92 percent, I am just wondering the good/ bad and how long the game is.

PC gamers review are perty good but MMORPGs forget about it(or most reviews for MMOs), cause they only review a fartion of the game (low lvl)

[quote name='jam3582']ouch did it mess up ?[/QUOTE]

the single player looks fine, but I tried the multiplayer and it looks like shit. I may play with the settings some more though to see if I can improve performance

edit: performance did improve a ton. I need some more memory and I think everything will be fine

[quote name='CaseyRyback']the single player looks fine, but I tried the multiplayer and it looks like shit. I may play with the settings some more though to see if I can improve performance

edit: performance did improve a ton. I need some more memory and I think everything will be fine[/QUOTE]

Just put everything on minimum. My Radeon 9600 Pro gets about 80fps on average.

edit: oops, didnt see your edit

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Going to put in my pre-order tonight or tomorrow. Vivendi's site has a deal with free overnight shipping (FREEVU)[/QUOTE]

Just a heads up, but next week Target will have the game for $42.98.

I'll probably PM that to Best Buy or Circuit City, assuming one of them gets the bonus DVD edition... Best Buy is usually good about that.

So is the multiplayer realy shallow or what? I know it's a single player focused game, but $50 for less than 20 hours still doesn't jive with me (for any game really)...But the game looks amazing.

[quote name='Roufuss']Just a heads up, but next week Target will have the game for $42.98.

I'll probably PM that to Best Buy or Circuit City, assuming one of them gets the bonus DVD edition... Best Buy is usually good about that.[/QUOTE]

will they carry the directors edition? Main reason I am pre-ordering is I want to director's edition

[quote name='CaseyRyback']will they carry the directors edition? Main reason I am pre-ordering is I want to director's edition[/QUOTE]

Not sure how Target rolls... Best Buy usually carries both, and they are lax about PM'ing, so I will just PM Target's price to them, they won't care enough to start double checking for different versions.

I'm glad that PC games started coming on DVD's now, but charging an extra premium for them kind of sucks. I know there is other stuff on the DVD, but really, the main reason people want it is to not have 9 CD's to install.

Thanks for cancelling the DVD edition of Serious Sam 2, Croteam, I loved those four install CD's.

some gamestop guy sold it 2 me.
Anyway I'm going to try to return it
This game is the pinnacle of lazy programming. The game won't work if you have codecs installed that are commonly used. I only have FFDshow and Mkv installed and the game doesn't have speech. No Codec packs, nothing. They've had this problem since NOFL2 and it looks like monolith are too lazy to change thier ways. I haven't had this problem with any other games.

No widescreen support either.

Well finally found out how to fix the problem, you need to uninstall ffdshow and matrovski then manually install the audio drivers from the DVD just like in NOLF2...........

Played a bit, the graphics are pretty good but not as good as halflife 2 or doom 3. The best part is prob the bullet time effects, kicking, and the way the characters react to getting shot.

Just to let everyone know, all the other stores other then EB / Gamestop are getting this in tommorrow. Target has the regular version for 42.98, which is not a bad price... I am going to see if Best Buy will PM the 54.99 LE to that.

The covers for the two games are identical except for some color differences, it really shouldn't be a problem at all. Slap on some Best Buy Bucks, and I'll get this game for under $40 :D

my EB did not have it today. fucking pissed off I pre-ordered it there since I could have gotten the regular version at Wal-Mart tonight

Does anyone know what the price of the DVD version will be at Frys tomorrow?

I'm beginnning to get concerned that the CD only version might be 37 and the DVD will be 50.

[quote name='JDMxB']Does anyone know what the price of the DVD version will be at Frys tomorrow?

I'm beginnning to get concerned that the CD only version might be 37 and the DVD will be 50.[/QUOTE]

if the DVD is regular price, it would be 55 (it was only 50 for pre-orders)

[quote name='CaseyRyback']my EB did not have it today. fucking pissed off I pre-ordered it there since I could have gotten the regular version at Wal-Mart tonight[/QUOTE]

fuck the regular version, you want everything on a shiny DVD and you know it :lol:

[quote name='Roufuss']fuck the regular version, you want everything on a shiny DVD and you know it :lol:[/QUOTE]

I know I do, but the wait is killing me. I want to play this game so bad.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I know I do, but the wait is killing me. I want to play this game so bad.[/QUOTE]

Everyone is getting it tommorrow, no worries :D

It's Quake 4 I can't wait for... might go snag it from Gamestop tommorrow since I don't think I can wait another day, but I want those Reward Zone points from Best Buy if I am going to be paying full price for it anyways.

I might as well get one good day with F.E.A.R in before Quake 4 hits.

my EB did not even get a copy and made me drive to one across town. A little pissed off, but at least I got my DE (intalling it right now)

wow. I just finished playing this for the past hour and it is definately awesome. If you played the demo, the game features many of those parts but they are all done differently.

Probably the first game where when you touch inanimate objects, you can get creeped out. I know I got a little flipped out the first time I knocked over a paint can

Got Best Buy to price match the price for Target's regular edition on sale (42.88) to their Director's Cut (54.99)... pretty YMMV, but that combined with Best Buy Bucks got me the DVD version for 39.88 :D

By the way, this game is on fire, I had to go to Best Buy today twice, and each time I must have saw a ton of people picking this up - it even looks like they restocked the stand at the front of the store when I went a second time, which is impressive since it holds at least 50 copies.

anyone who does not get a little scared, probably does not get scared by anything. There is some crazy motherfuckers in that level.

All in all, single player is my GOTY already. It is just that awesome (different ways to approach each fight, tons of hidden items, gunfights are amazing, etc.)

Going to pick this game up tomorrow. Wanted to get it today, but I went to Frys and Best Buy and they had sold out of all the copies. :((

Guys i'm Half way through the game and i'm playing on Extreme mode, and Casey YOU BETTER BE PLAYING ON EXTREME MODE or i swear i'll cut you! (not really) but i WILL

I am playing it on normal. Plan on playing it a few times and if I play it on the hardest difficulty first, I may end up not playing it through a few more times

New OP added for fun .

I must say this game is beautiful I just wish I could play everything on the highest settings . But oh well I might lower the resolution and turn up the anitaliasing to 4x . only played the first "mission" and now im hooked gonna stop playing everyother game to play fear.

Lol I hope I can squeeze in some Battlefield 2 in this week also.

Does the CD version come in jewel cases?

Because I hear the DVD one only comes in a sleeve.

Thanks fellas, hopefully picking this up today after class.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']any chance of seeing this on xbox/xbox 360/ps2/ps3/etc?[/QUOTE]

I have heard xbox 360 . So if you cant get it on pc you could wait for that one. I dont think the 360 would have a problem running the game in Hi def.

[quote name='jam3582']I have heard xbox 360 . So if you cant get it on pc you could wait for that one. I dont think the 360 would have a problem running the game in Hi def.[/QUOTE]

i can get it on pc, i just prefer playing console games...i haven't bought a pc game since probably 5 years ago

bread's done
Back