The Official "Fix My Damn PSP" Thread

Phorty Ounce

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
This thread is basically for people who have been experiencing similar problems with their PSP's, and want to find out suitable remedies to solve such problems.

I'll start off. Just today, I loaded up a demo of NBA Live 07 (even though it sucks nubs). However, I had to go answer the phone so I shut my PSP off while the demo was loading. When I turned my PSP back on, a blank screen displayed. The power button was still on as it was green. I proceeded to turn the system off and on again, and still the power was on. I tried to turn on other buttons and switches, such as the WLAN and the screen brightness button, but everything remained the same.

After browsing with google, and having ten bottles of happy pills, I concluded that the problem had to be in the battery. I took the battery out, waited a few moments, and placed the battery back. The PSP started up again, and I promptly deleted NBA Live 07. Foo.

Problem: Loaded game/demo, shut off PSP during loading, now PSP won't operate.

Solution:
Take the battery out (carefully), wait a few moments, and place it back in. The PSP should function again.

*Don't know how big/useful this thread will be. If it is not necessary, mods may feel free to delete it.

bread's done
Back