The Official Heroes Season 2 Discussion Thread II - Ends Dec. 3 =[

[quote name='jollydwarf']Because the writing this season is horrendous, and the writers seem to think it's okay to make everyone act illogically and out of character for the sake of their awful plot.

Well, the writing this season has indeed been...not great, but I'm having trouble thinking of more than one character that's really acting "illogically and out of character", as opposed to being mostly consistent with what we expect from them, but placed in confounding, poorly set-up scenarios.

The Bennetts seem pretty consistent, the Petrellis and Nakamuras too, Sylar seems to be biding his time, Parkman is the same nice guy he's always been, Nikki's still the consummate (bi-polar and enigmatic) woman...yeah, I can really only think of one. It'll (probably) be over for the season in a couple weeks for better or worse, anyway, so...take comfort?[/quote]

I'm only going to disagree with you on one thing:
I don't think Parkman is the same at all after last night's episode. It seems like he's very capable of allowing his power to overtake his own conscience, evident in the way he manipulated people to get them to do what he wanted, most notably when Angela told him that if he pried the information regarding the unknown woman from her, he'd be just as bad as his father, then we see him in the end of the episode sitting with the photo and the woman's name is written on it. So we're left to assume he did break Angela Patrelli, and it hints at worse things to come. Not to mention, last season when they flash-forwarded to the future, he was a total douche of a federal agent.

That out of the way:
1) The idea that Adam could possibly be Arthur Petrelli or at least formerly romantically involved with Angela Petrelli gets a little more support this episode. If we now know that he killed Kaito Nakamura, and we know that Kaito and Angela had a past "fling," AND we know that Hiro and Yaeko "betrayed" him, it definitely gives him more motive to kill Kaito. It would be twice that Nakamura men would have betrayed him with the women he loved. As for motive, there would have no better motive than to see Kaito and Angela together on the rooftop. That would have pushed him over the edge, no pun intended.
2) I actually think the writing has gotten a lot better, but regarding characters who've been behaving illogically, there's no better example than Claire. "Um, my dad just died, so I'm going to go cuddle with my boyfriend." Wow. I know she didn't see him get killed, but you could tell she knew. It just seemed illogical. And Suresh has always been one of my least favorite characters. I was actually yelling at Noah for not pulling that trigger when he had him on his knees. Would have saved him a bullet to the head. But I also think it's Suresh who's keeping him at the facility and protecting him out of guilt. He's morally just, but he's a turd of a character.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I enjoyed last nights episode a lot, it was specially more enjoyable since there was no Niki or the Hondurian siblings.

My suspicion of
Adam
being the killer was right. Now I wonder what
Hiro
is going to do about it since he can't
die
[/QUOTE]

I bet he could be killed if you
chop his head off highlander style. Unless, of course, his head regrew a new body and his body regrew a new head creating two Adams! DUN DUN DUN!

[quote name='fart_bubble']the question is "Has It Been Washed?"[/QUOTE]

Can you imagine what it would go for if it hadnt been?

We saw last season that Claire and Peter could be (indefinitely) killed by effectively 'killing' the brain (and somewhere, Morpheus is smirking). This leads me to believe that no one on the show is totally invincible (that character included), although pretty much anyone of note is pretty damned hard to, you know, actually kill off.

P.S. I miss the invisible guy. He seemed to be a voice of clarity amidst a lot of the confusion and lamenting.

EDIT: That auction is going to hit three grand. Easy. It might sit under $1,000 until December, but watch that last-minute sniping spike. (Shudders)

My prediction is the winner will eventually put that costume on a Real Doll made in her likeness and...well....you know.....

hittit2.gif

I enjoyed this week's episode. Spoiler below has a preview for next week:
Peter (Milo Ventimiglia) travels to Primatech Paper in Texas with his new friend to destroy the virus, which will kill 93 percent of the world's population in the future — or so he believes. Niki (Ali Larter) returns to Micah (Noah Gray-Cabey) with bad news. To right a wrong, Monica (Dana Davis) puts her abilities to the test while Hiro (Masi Oka) goes after his father's killer. Meanwhile, Matt (Greg Grunberg) uses his mental abilities to track down the last person in the company photo. In addition, Nathan (Adrian Pasdar) learns his brother is alive. Outside of New York, Maya (Dania Ramirez) must choose between Alejandro (Shalim Ortiz) and Sylar (Zachary Quinto).

My thoughts:
Yea, should get a bit more interesting now that Hiro knows that 'kensei' killed his father. I'm still wondering how theyre going to wrap this up in two episodes. Most likely the 'backup finale' thats going to air is a cliffhanger that really doesnt leave anything resolved.

Regarding the identity of Arthur Petrelli..

Why the hell do people think Adam Monroe is Arthur Petrelli? Don't you think Peter would recognize his own father?

Sorry but that's been bothering me. Please tell me if I'm wrong.

[quote name='DustBoogie']Regarding the identity of Arthur Petrelli..

Why the hell do people think Adam Monroe is Arthur Petrelli? Don't you think Peter would recognize his own father?

Sorry but that's been bothering me. Please tell me if I'm wrong.[/quote]
Its simply a matter of elimation. They've said many times that Adam Monroe is in the picture. I'm assuming that Adam Monroe was always a male, so that rules out the unknown females. All of the males other than Bob & Maury are currently "dead". However the only two they really havent gotten into detail are:

Carlos Mendez
Unknown_man.jpg

and Arthur Petrelli:
Mr_petrelli.jpg

I'd say its an easy choice on which one Adam Monroe is. The whole looking away from the camera is mainly so it's a little less noticable. Also, Claire and Adam have the same regenerative power, a genetic trait that skips a generation would be the perfect explaination (since Adam would be Claire's Grandfather). For all we know, the company may have had the hatian erase Peter's memory of what his father looked like (remember, it was Nathan that pointed him out in the picture, and Nathan wasnt concious when Adam was last in the same room with him)

All things point towards Adam being Arthur, if somehow the writers come up with some way to disprove this, ill be damn suprised.

[quote name='Bezerker']
Its simply a matter of elimation. They've said many times that Adam Monroe is in the picture. I'm assuming that Adam Monroe was always a male, so that rules out the unknown females. All of the males other than Bob & Maury are currently "dead". However the only two they really havent gotten into detail are:

Carlos Mendez
Unknown_man.jpg

and Arthur Petrelli:
Mr_petrelli.jpg

I'd say its an easy choice on which one Adam Monroe is. The whole looking away from the camera is mainly so it's a little less noticable. Also, Claire and Adam have the same regenerative power, a genetic trait that skips a generation would be the perfect explaination (since Adam would be Claire's Grandfather). For all we know, the company may have had the hatian erase Peter's memory of what his father looked like (remember, it was Nathan that pointed him out in the picture, and Nathan wasnt concious when Adam was last in the same room with him)

All things point towards Adam being Arthur, if somehow the writers come up with some way to disprove this, ill be damn suprised.
[/quote]

I dunno know about you but that doesn't look like adam.

as for the episode..
while i love hrg's character, it would have been more badass if they killed him off. There numbers have taken a big hit, the fanbase for the most part hasn't been happy. Killing him off would have had everyone talking about the show.

[quote name='ryanbph']I dunno know about you but that doesn't look like adam.

as for the episode..
while i love hrg's character, it would have been more badass if they killed him off. There numbers have taken a big hit, the fanbase for the most part hasn't been happy. Killing him off would have had everyone talking about the show.
[/QUOTE]
You know, with living 400 years, I'm sure Adam/Kensei has figured out how he can disguise himself

I read an interesting theory that...
Claire and Elle are sisters. That would really be something. One could assume they're all part of the Petrelli family and that Nathan just has babies all over the place OR that Nathan really isn't the father and the Company is behind more than we suspect. Though then we'd have to ignore the pyro Claire's mother. That speculation comes from SPOILERS that new family ties are discovered between a set of characters. Which could also be the whole Adam = Arthur Petrilli deal as well. Hell it could all be true turn into crazy Spider-Man clone saga mindfuck with plot holes everywhere :D

[quote name='jollydwarf']

P.S. I miss the invisible guy. He seemed to be a voice of clarity amidst a lot of the confusion and lamenting.
[/quote] Yeah they need to bring him back and give him a scene with Hiro.

[quote name='Over easy']
I was reading the wiki link about the Group of 12, and they imply in the mobile game that Arthur Petrelli and Adam Monroe are part of the founders of the group

Now, if Adam Monroe is the Petrellis' father, why would they mention him twice in a list like this?
[/QUOTE]

I wrote this awhile ago about the identity of Arthur Petrelli.
I never played the game or anything, but this is the only things that seem to be against it. In all likeliness, Arthur and Adam are the same person.

Another thing, when Nathan was looking through the file in Bob's room, did he ever saw/mention his father's name? He knows his father is in the group. Although, Bob never showed Nathan Adam's picture.

I just watched last week's episode and my first though? "Finally a good episode!". There's no way they'll wrap this up in 2 episodes though, the ending rewrite will be a huge cliffhanger *sigh*

[quote name='SteveMcQ']So when's Season 2 coming out on HD? I've been holding out on watching any of it.[/quote]

:wall:

THE SEASON HAS TO END FIRST!

Good god this is a no low.

[quote name='bigdaddy']:wall:

THE SEASON HAS TO END FIRST!

Good god this is a no low.[/quote]I thought there were rumors or leaks on future releases. I don't keep track of the show to be aware of all these things.

If the show ends in May it will most likely be released sometime in September.

If it ends in December than it will be released between January and September 2008.

Okay, I missed last week's episode and have been trying to find a way to watch it all week. I'm running incredibly short on time.

The player on NBC.com has not been working for me. It works for every other episode except 9. Can anyone help me out?

[quote name='Matt Young']Okay, I missed last week's episode and have been trying to find a way to watch it all week. I'm running incredibly short on time.

The player on NBC.com has not been working for me. It works for every other episode except 9. Can anyone help me out?[/quote]

YouTube? Limewire? Bearshare?

I can't wait till tonights episodes. This is the best TV show ever.

O.M.G.

This has a set up to be one of the best seasons of anything ever. WHY WRITERS STRIKE WHY? Anyway, one of the awful Venezualans is gone, and hopefully Maya dies within the first minute next episode.
Looks like next week we're getting a hardcore battle between HIRO and PETER. I hope Hiro beats the hell out of him. Also, Claire and Elle fight please? That would be THE hottest thing on the earth. Elle would win because Kristen Bell is cooler in virtually every way.
Also, apparently TWO PEOPLE DIE NEXT WEEK? WTF!? Placing my bets for Maya and Mohinder (hopefully). I think the trailer makes it damn clear that Sylar kicks (even more than usual) ass in the finale.
CAN'T WAIT!

Officially placing my bets on:

Elle and Parkman.

I feel pretty confident that I'll bat at least .500 there. Just a hunch.

P.S. Sorry, this is far from the best show ever. Usually entertaining, but ironically enough, not truly 'special'.

P.P.S. As I understand it, Battlestar Galactica, a 'reimagining' of a previously crappy (oh, I went there!) late-'70s/early-'80s show (!), broadcast on the Sci-Fi Network (!!), and with Edward James Olmos as its biggest name (!!!), is arguably the best show on non-premium TV. Go Shaq-Fuing figure.

[quote name='jollydwarf']Officially placing my bets on:

Elle and Parkman.

I feel pretty confident that I'll bat at least .500 there. Just a hunch.

P.S. Sorry, this is far from the best show ever. Usually entertaining, but ironically enough, not truly 'special'.

P.P.S. As I understand it, Battlestar Galactica, a 'reimagining' of a previously crappy (oh, I went there!) late-'70s/early-'80s show (!), broadcast on the Sci-Fi Network (!!), and with Edward James Olmos as its biggest name (!!!), is arguably the best show on non-premium TV. Go Shaq-Fuing figure.[/quote]
You are correct, Battlestar Galactica is amazing. Watch it NOW!

Ugh, my theory is getting shot to shit..

They keep referring to Adam & Mr. Petrelli as seperate people. I'm still hoping for a chance meeting with Angela to prove my theory. I guess i can stick with the 'maybe the Hatian modified their memories' theory, but that one seems to be dying as well.

Sucks that next week is going to be the finale, they sure are planning on throwing a lot of stuff in there. In all logic, Hiro doesnt stand a chance against Peter, but im sure something will happen to make them stop fighting.

[quote name='bigdaddy']If the strike ends this week there is a chance Heroes won't end next week. :)[/QUOTE]

I think they filmed until this episodes. Didn't Tim Kring said that he will redo the whole script if the strike still occurs?

Anyway, I can't wait until next week. My theory is two heroes
will fall and my money is on Maya and Niki. Call me crazy having to chicks die. Maya will die once Sylar opens that brain. Niki will die if she is not saved in time.

Also
These past few episodes are so damn twisted, I am not sure whos good/bad/right/wrong...you gotta love these "out of the seat" and "OMGWTFBBQ" moments

So, I think:

That Molly and Elle will die.

Damn, I'm so excited, reminds me of when the Simpsons did this!

I think Elle has to die, especially since the is supposedly some famous actress, so they probably don't want to pay her.

As for Clair and her father:

I wonder how she saves him from prison? I remember last season they had her all grown up and talking to her old father in a shop, meaning that he eventually gets out. EXILIRATING HUH?

[quote name='help1']So, I think:

As for Clair and her father:

I wonder how she saves him from prison? I remember last season they had her all grown up and talking to her old father in a shop, meaning that he eventually gets out. EXILIRATING HUH?
[/QUOTE]

thats not necessarily true, because that future is not associated with this current present because the bomb didnt level NY. Plus it looks like he made a deal to get himself out.

about the two
i really hope its nikki, i have never cared for her storyline, she just takes up space, she will die trying to save her sister in law since she has no powers. the other person dying will probably be Adam, I could see hiro taking him to Nagasaki before the bomb was dropped or someplace where we know he wouldnt be able to survive, like the titanic

Damn those spoiler tags. I'm so tempted to read them, but I'm still working my way through Season 1. Waiting for them to come out on home video is a pain.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Damn those spoiler tags. I'm so tempted to read them, but I'm still working my way through Season 1. Waiting for them to come out on home video is a pain.[/quote]
Nothing will make sense if you read them if you are only in Season 1. You'll only be ruining the future experience. Try not to read them.

Also, whats the general consensus around here? Season 1 > Season 2 or is the other way around? I feel like I like season 2 better since there is just SO much more going on!

[quote name='vlv723']I think they filmed until this episodes. Didn't Tim Kring said that he will redo the whole script if the strike still occurs?
[/quote]

I don't know, I heard different things. I thought they just redid the ending of episode 11. Now it seems they aren't changing anything.

They have until episode 13 filmed, but they want to end the story next week and start fresh once the strike ends.

[quote name='help1']Also, whats the general consensus around here? Season 1 > Season 2 or is the other way around? I feel like I like season 2 better since there is just SO much more going on![/quote]
I liked season 1 better than the beginning of season 2, but s2 during the last few weeks has been awesome. It feels a little rushed (for obvious reasons), but we're getting so many new details in such a small amount of time (kinda like the opposite of Lost HAHA) and I'm really enjoying all the new characters and backstories.

edit: Season 1 > beginning of Season 2
Season 1 < ending of Season 2
:lol:

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']I liked season 1 better than the beginning of season 2, but s2 during the last few weeks has been awesome. It feels a little rushed (for obvious reasons), but we're getting so many new details in such a small amount of time (kinda like the opposite of Lost HAHA) and I'm really enjoying all the new characters and backstories.

edit: Season 1 > beginning of Season 2
Season 1 < ending of Season 2
:lol:[/quote]

I agree, especially with the formulas at the end. The ending of season 1 was just okay. Looking back to it, it seemed a bit rushed.

Another question, which characters do you want out of the show?

My characters:

Maya
Sylar
Nikkie

I have hated Nikkie's role from the start, and although it seems cliche to hate on the antagonist Sylar, I just don't like him and it has notihng to do with the fact that he is the "bad guy". I have Maya because her whole story is about going to NY and nothing else really, and she makes us exposed to Sylar, which further advacnes my hate for them both.

Season 1 is far better overall than what we've seen of 2.

My theory is Sylar and Maya become evil lovers together...
As far as who dies, I'd say Nikki, not sure on a 2nd. Even if they do die, Claires blood can apparently revive them for a period of time which we don't know.

Bingo, help1, on the 'real world', practical reasoning for your one prediction.

Also, concerning "Spock":

Don't we see him in the teaser montage with a syringe? I think he gets his hands on Claire's blood to accelerate and complete his recovery. And I really think he gets Parkman's power(s), as mindreading and mind control will make him exponentially more dangerous than he was in Season One. I feel that he, Peter, and Hiro are in this show for the long haul. Sylar and Peter will keep each other at bay, and Hiro will have the one power that Sylar can't quite get to. Maybe Claire, too, if only to keep the ever-texting teen girls and the "Comic Book Guys" who lust after them watching.

Holy christ, this season continues to get worse and worse. At least I only have to suffer through one more episode. Just end the show forever, NBC. End it. So bad.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Holy christ, this season continues to get worse and worse. At least I only have to suffer through one more episode. Just end the show forever, NBC. End it. So bad.[/quote]

You are a terrible critic. you don't like it fine. why post about how much you hate it? at least offer some criticism or insights...or stop watching and wasting post space.

meinwhile...

The last few episodes have been great and have really reinstilled my love for sylar's character. he's so deliciously evil it's wonderful. as far as "the 2"

My money is on Matt :( despite him being one of my favorites... he just hasn't been around since he locked up daddy... and Nikki. Her character is dull plus its an easy way to write out that stupid Micah and shift that storylines focus to it's rightful heir- Monica "St. Joan"

[quote name='Vampyre611']You are a terrible critic. you don't like it fine. why post about how much you hate it? at least offer some criticism or insights...or stop watching and wasting post space.[/QUOTE]
I don't have much more to add from what I've posted about this season in the past, but if it's going to be consistently awful, then I'm going to be consistently disdainful - the acting and writing continue their decline with characters acting illogically left and right. Terrible plot direction from hackneyed writers who clearly don't give a damn this season. It's no wonder the show has sunk as far in the ratings as it has.

That good enough for you? Oh, and I didn't realize that "posting space" was in short supply, I'd better be more careful.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']I don't have much more to add from what I've posted about this season in the past, but if it's going to be consistently awful, then I'm going to be consistently disdainful - the acting and writing continue their decline with characters acting illogically left and right. Terrible plot direction from hackneyed writers who clearly don't give a damn this season. It's no wonder the show has sunk as far in the ratings as it has.

That good enough for you? Oh, and I didn't realize that "posting space" was in short supply, I'd better be more careful.[/QUOTE]

i don't really care that you hate it, i am just curious why you waste 40 some minutes a week watching it. I dislike a bunch of shows, and you def won't see me watching them every week, let alone posting in a thread about them.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']i don't really care that you hate it, i am just curious why you waste 40 some minutes a week watching it. I dislike a bunch of shows, and you def won't see me watching them every week, let alone posting in a thread about them.[/QUOTE]
It's mostly morbid curiosity keeps me going, I guess. I really enjoyed the first season, and I can't get over how disappointing this season has been in almost every aspect. I keep hoping for it to improve, and I keep getting let down.

Not to mention I'm in Japan, and I need at least *some* English to keep me sane, even if it's this poorly-written slop.

[quote name='TC']I cheered when
Alejandro got croaked
[/QUOTE]
I have been hoping for that since the introduction of the character.

It's a shame the season is cut short I was hoping we might get to see
Adam continue to corrupt Peter to such a point where Sylar could almost look like a Hero in that he would want to stop Peter/Adam from killing everyone with the virus since it's plainly Sylar's intent to wipe out the population with Maya's plague.

bread's done
Back