The Official "Is it worth getting?" thread

A friend of a friend at work wants to get rid of some Playstation 2 & 3 games.

PS2:
-American Chopper
-Amplitude
-Burnout
-Bloodrayne
-Corvette
-Commandos 2 - Men of Courage
-City Crisis
-Cabela's Dangerous Hunts
-Extermination
-Enter the Matrix
-Freekstyle
-Flatout
-Ford Racing 2
-Head Hunter
-Hitman 2
-Indigo Prophrecy
-Loaded
-Metal of Honor - European Assualt
-Metal of Honor - Frontline
-Metal of Honor - Rising Sun
-Midway Arcade Treasures
-MX Unleashed
-NFL Blitz
-Nascar Thunder 03
-Secret Weapons over Normandy
-Super Truck Racing
-Socom US Navy Seals 2
-Socom US Navy Seals 3
-Socom US Navy Seals Combined Assualt
-Spy Hunter
-Scareface
-Shinobi
-Smackdown Shut your Mouth
-Smackdown Here comes the Pain
-Soul Blade (PS1 I think)
-Smugglers Run 2 Hostile Territory
-Stunt Man
-Silent Hill 3
-Sky Odyessy
-Swat Global Strike Team
-Shell Shock
-Test Drive
-Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness
-Tenchu Wrath of Heaven

$4 each or $150 for all.

PS3:
-Farcry 2 $10
-Killzone 2 $10
-Conan $5
-Batman Arkam Asylum $15
-Metal Gear Solid 4 $15
-GI Joe $5
-Socom Navy Seals Confrontation $10
-Motorstorm $5
-Uncharted 2 $25
-Call of Juarez Bound in Blood $20
-Saw $15

I bolded the ones I already know I want. Any of the others worth anything or a game I should play?

[quote name='chronoserge456']Some guy want to buy my Chrono Trigger, Actraiser 1+2, and Final Fantasy II cartridge only for 70. Worth the deal?[/QUOTE]

Its not a bad price... Might be a few bucks on the low side but pretty fair. He might be able to get it cheaper on eBay but you might also end up getting less on eBay.

[quote name='Tempius']I bolded the ones I already know I want. Any of the others worth anything or a game I should play?[/QUOTE]

Conan for $5 isn't a bad price at all... I rather enjoyed the 360 version and I (well my wife since it was a Valentine's day present) paid more than that for it.

[quote name='Tempius']
I bolded the ones I already know I want. Any of the others worth anything or a game I should play?[/QUOTE]

Motorstorm and Sky Odyssey are both great games. Just remember that Sky Odyssey was released in 2001 and does not have the best graphics, but it is a fun flight sim.

[quote name='Tempius']
I bolded the ones I already know I want. Any of the others worth anything or a game I should play?[/QUOTE]

Amplitude!

[quote name='chronoserge456']Is picking up an Atari Lynx, TurboGrafx, and Jaguar worth getting to flip? Around 30 bucks with a few games.[/QUOTE]

Man, you walk into some pretty sweet deals.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Man, you walk into some pretty sweet deals.[/QUOTE]

Haha thanks a lot. I still feel like it's not much in comparison to what a lot of other CAG'ers find on here. I search very frequently (it's like checking Facebook and Twitter constantly) so I try to find stuff before anyone else can get to it.

[quote name='schuerm26']To late as I already bought it but figured I would ask anyways. For about $2 a game I figured what the hell. Here's to hoping it actually shows up.[/QUOTE]Honestly that's a lot of feedback for it not to show up...

Looks like a pretty good (and if not, at least interesting) deal you found their. I hope you understand the language and have a compatible system. :)

The following for $48:

PS2
TENCHU- WRATH OF HEAVEN
FINAL FANTASY XI ONLINE
TONY HAWK PROSKATER 4

PS1
TOMB RAIDER
TOMBRAIDER II
DINO CRISIS
TEKKEN 1
TEKKEN 2
TEKKEN 3
ALUNDRA
LEGEND OF LEGAIA
SOUL REAVER
DIABLO
2XTREAM
FINAL FANTASY VII
FINAL FANTASY VIII
FINAL FANTASY IX
PARASITE EVE
TENCHU
RESIDENT EVIL 3
DRAGONBALL GT
CASTLEVANIA
ADIDAS SOCCER
BATTLE AREANA TOSHINDEN
Only one of those I already have is FF7 and FF9...I'm asking here but I'm pretty sure I will get this.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Honestly that's a lot of feedback for it not to show up...

Looks like a pretty good (and if not, at least interesting) deal you found their. I hope you understand the language and have a compatible system. :)[/QUOTE]

I just wanted to have them. That's part of the reason I bought it was because of the feedback.

Alright, so I just got a N64 with no AV cables or controllers for $9.26. They said it powers on fine but they didn't any AV cables to test it with. I already have a multi-system AV cable that will work and I think I saw a controller at my Goodwill a few days ago. Good deal?

[quote name='N3UROP0D']The following for $48:

Only one of those I already have is FF7 and FF9...I'm asking here but I'm pretty sure I will get this.[/QUOTE]

Definitely hop on that. That's a great collection of games.

[quote name='mistymayem']Alright, so I just got a N64 with no AV cables or controllers for $9.26. They said it powers on fine but they didn't any AV cables to test it with. I already have a multi-system AV cable that will work and I think I saw a controller at my Goodwill a few days ago. Good deal?[/QUOTE]

If it's being sold "as is", then you're taking a gamble. If they allow returns, then you would be possibly be getting a N64 for $9.26. I think that's a good deal.

...I saw a pretty clean clear green N64 for $30 with a clear green controller. I was torn on if I should get it or not (if it would have still had the expansion pack I would have totally jumped on it), what say you?

[quote name='N3UROP0D']The following for $48:

Only one of those I already have is FF7 and FF9...I'm asking here but I'm pretty sure I will get this.[/QUOTE]
Good deal. If you get all of those and ANY of the flowing are black label (FF, LoL, PE, and Castlevania) than its an amazing deal. If all of them are... Well, don't play the lottery anytime soon as you just used up all of your luck for a bit.

Worth trading a PSP Slim (nonhackable) for a Dreamcast that comes with marvel vs capcom2, project justice (extremely rare). ready 2 rumble boxing, grandia II, dino crisis, shenmue, capcom vs snk 1 & 2 , unreal tournament,dead or alive 2, streetfighter alpha 2, soul caliber, house of the dead 2, street fighter 3, nfl 2k2, mlb 2k2, powerstone 1&2? No original cases.

[quote name='chronoserge456']Worth trading a PSP Slim (nonhackable) for a Dreamcast that comes with marvel vs capcom2, project justice (extremely rare). ready 2 rumble boxing, grandia II, dino crisis, shenmue, capcom vs snk 1 & 2 , unreal tournament,dead or alive 2, streetfighter alpha 2, soul caliber, house of the dead 2, street fighter 3, nfl 2k2, mlb 2k2, powerstone 1&2? No original cases.[/QUOTE]

Disc only games huh? That blows, but most of those besides the sports titles are awesome. Worth it.

[quote name='chronoserge456']Worth trading a PSP Slim (nonhackable) for a Dreamcast that comes with marvel vs capcom2, project justice (extremely rare). ready 2 rumble boxing, grandia II, dino crisis, shenmue, capcom vs snk 1 & 2 , unreal tournament,dead or alive 2, streetfighter alpha 2, soul caliber, house of the dead 2, street fighter 3, nfl 2k2, mlb 2k2, powerstone 1&2? No original cases.[/QUOTE]
Not the best deal you've found but I would very doable... (sucks on the cases.)

SEGA GENESIS SYSTEM W/ALL CORDS, 2 CONTROLLERS, AND 6 GAMES: SONIC 2, X-MEN, LION KING, NBA JAM T.E., JUDGE DREDD, AND BATMAN. WORKS GREAT. $20

Found this on craigslist. Good deal?

[quote name='nnthomas']^ I guess if you really want a Genesis...[/QUOTE]
Yeah, none of those games are really hard to find.. So its a fair deal but only if you really want it.

I stopped by PnT earlier today and they have two CIB 32X games for $5 each. The games are Doom and Metal Head. I'm planning on going back tomorrow to snag them but should I or should I pass?

Pokemon blue and silver version for $8 each. I hate pokemon, but wonder if they would be good for trading.

[quote name='mistymayem']SEGA GENESIS SYSTEM W/ALL CORDS, 2 CONTROLLERS, AND 6 GAMES: SONIC 2, X-MEN, LION KING, NBA JAM T.E., JUDGE DREDD, AND BATMAN. WORKS GREAT. $20

Found this on craigslist. Good deal?[/QUOTE]

Lion king for genesis was so god damn hard. I would get it just for that game.

guy on craigslist offered me the following

original xbox
2 controllers (not the fat ones)
all cables
the original box it came in
halo 1 and 2

all of this for $40
im supposed to meet him friday to buy it. what do yall think? :whistle2:k

[quote name='MCHamster']Lion king for genesis was so god damn hard. I would get it just for that game.[/QUOTE]

Man, you want a hard Genesis game? Grab Contra Hard Corps. Now THAT is a hard game.

Allegedly, the title is supposed to be somewhat rare. Game didn't sell too well b/c Konami made the difficulty curve way too painful. "Hard Corps." obviously was a play on "hardcore".

It's a decent trade, but as much as I like the DC (have one and about 30+ games -- all bought new and yes, I have Powerstone 2, MvC2, Tech Romancer, and Project Justice -- among others -- all in like new condition and complete in original cases), I'd suggest you keep your PSP Slim. Most of those games are now available on old-gen platforms, and the DC keeps dropping in value. You can get one for almost nothing on ebay.

And if you're a collector in any sense, buying games w/o cases and manual/inserts is not worth it.

Someone is putting up their RROD'd 360 for 30 dollars (Pro). Does anyone have any experiences fixing RROD 360's (xclamp or whatever method)? Or should I skip out?

Need Opinions!!!!

Should I?

60GB PS3 (BC - no original box)
2 Six-Axis Controllers (will try to swap one for a DS3 down the road)
Madden 10

$180

[quote name='rusty']Need Opinions!!!!

Should I?

60GB PS3 (BC - no original box)
2 Six-Axis Controllers (will try to swap one for a DS3 down the road)
Madden 10

$180[/QUOTE]

If you wanted a PS3 anyway, and BC is important to you, then yes.

[quote name='Meremare']EBGames deal - Shining Force Neo for under $20 Canadian.

But I'm not a fan of hack-slash rpgs.[/QUOTE]

Horrible horrible game from a once-great series.

Plus this. http://www.audioatrocities.com/games/shiningforceneo/index.html

[quote name='N3UROP0D']If you wanted a PS3 anyway, and BC is important to you, then yes.[/QUOTE]

I've been looking for a slim. BC is not THAT important to me, but I'd like to play the MGS series and my roommate has a ton of PS2 games.

I guess I could always look for someone to trade the 60gb for their slim. But I have yet to see a slim near that price with 2 controllers and a game.

i'd jump on the ps3, mark it up on ebay and probably get around $250 for it, and you should be able to find a slim for around $250, maybe $275.
I think dell normally has good deals, so you could end up getting a brand new PS3 with bing cashback for around $250-275, and if it works out like I said, it would only end up costing you $180 out of pocket

[quote name='myl0r']i'd jump on the ps3, mark it up on ebay and probably get around $250 for it, and you should be able to find a slim for around $250, maybe $275.
I think dell normally has good deals, so you could end up getting a brand new PS3 with bing cashback for around $250-275, and if it works out like I said, it would only end up costing you $180 out of pocket[/QUOTE]

Well I AM going to pick it up. We'll see what I end up doing with it. I know I can at least get my money back on it.

[quote name='chronoserge456']Would you guys pay $50 for the following games disc only?

Suikoden 1 + 2
Breath of Fire 4
Alundra
Parasite Eve 2[/QUOTE]

For reselling? Probably, disc-only Suikoden 2's on ebay just sold for $62 and $69.

[quote name='chronoserge456']Would you guys pay $50 for the following games disc only?

Suikoden 1 + 2
Breath of Fire 4
Alundra
Parasite Eve 2[/QUOTE]

If they were in good shape I would personally. Either for keeping or waiting til a better one comes along. Suikoden 2 in good shape would recover about your whole 50 if you decided to sell it. If they look like they were used for coasters maybe not so much even though you still would make money if you decided to sell them - just not as much.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the most I should spend on a SNES cart for Super Metroid? Pawn shops/thrift stores aren't an option as the few near me have next to nothing in terms of games. I doubt they'd even have a good one like Super Metroid.

Suikoden 1 + 2
Breath of Fire 4
Alundra
Parasite Eve 2[/QUOTE]

That's a no brainer. I wouldn't have delayed on it. $50 for all those is a steal, even as discs only. You could have tripled that investment.

[quote name='icedrake523']What's the most I should spend on a SNES cart for Super Metroid? Pawn shops/thrift stores aren't an option as the few near me have next to nothing in terms of games. I doubt they'd even have a good one like Super Metroid.[/QUOTE]

It values at around 21 bucks so if you can find it for cheaper then that's a steal

[quote name='chronoserge456']would you guys pay $50 for the following games disc only?

Suikoden 1 + 2
breath of fire 4
alundra
parasite eve 2[/quote]
yes!

There's a guy advertising a MIB Powerglove for $60, after he couldnt sell it for 120. Im thinking of getting it, if for nothing else than to have one.

Think I should?

NBA 2k10 Anniversary Edition for 40 dollars shipping tax and all saw it on ebay but got outbid @ the last second being my first time bidding

bread's done
Back