The Official June CAG 2010 Pick-Ups Thread - Support Line Approved! 1-800-BETS-OFF

[quote name='Denzalo']There was another Wild Arms XF at a GameStop I dropped by... Want me to snag it and you just reimburse me cost+shipping?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the offer, but I see them from time to time. Plus, I could get a disc only copy if I know I won't keep it, which makes it even easier.

[quote name='lmz00']I love how small Barret's head is compared to the rest of his body. Even his hand is larger.[/QUOTE]

Lol, I agree. They had a Tifa figurine too, but half of her body was missing :(

[quote name='elessar123']Gawd, you guys made me log in to Gamefaqs to see what was up...
Hope FT finds out he has STDs for going down on that chick =P
[/QUOTE]

Holy crap, they tear into him alot worse on there than we ever did.

[quote name='lmz00']I logged into GameFAQs for the first time in like four years just to see for myself. :[[/QUOTE]

I registered to see what was going on, but they won't let me read the current events board... Apparently you have to be a level 15. o_O

PS3 (80 GB Backwards Compatible)/Controller/Bluetooth wireless headset/8 Games - $264 - eBay

PS3.jpg

PS3Games.jpg

RPG Pack (Fable 2, Lost Odyssey, Two Worlds) - $21 - eBay

RPGPack.jpg

Splinter Cell Conviction CE ($33) and Lost Planet CE ($9) - eBay

LostPlanetandSplinterCellCE.jpg

Condemned 1 and 2 - $14 - eBay

Condemned1and2.jpg

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']hell of a deal on that ps3[/QUOTE]

I couldn't believe it myself. Originally only 1 guy bid on it for 235 :drool: and I messaged the seller and I was like if you relist this I'll give you 250 (+ shipping). The buyer didn't pay so he relisted at $250 and I got it :) Honestly I don't want half of those games (MW2, NBA Live, MGS, etc.) so I'll resell them and get about $100 back

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']PS3 (80 GB Backwards Compatible)/Controller/Bluetooth wireless headset/8 Games - $264 - eBay

PS3Games.jpg
[/quote]
Figures...only a guy who bought Rogue Warrior would sell that bundle to you at an awesome price. Congrats! :applause:

Splurged a little on myself today. Went to Book-Off (bumped into xmrblondex there...) and picked up:
dsc00373resized.jpg

Final Fantasy Tactics guide - $1
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance guide - $1
World of Disgaea - $10
Kingdom Hearts II guide limited edition (never seen it before, so we took a risk on it) - $15
Phantasmagoria 2 guide - $5

Went to the Japanese imports store and picked up:
Soul Eater t-shirt, $19.99
dsc00370resized.jpg

Fullmetal Alchemist cellphone strap (or whatever you want to call it), came with Ed ($5.50? I forget).
dsc00372resized.jpg

Here are my pickups for the week.

pickupst.jpg

I guess I don't really need to list prices since everything(minus the faceplates) have price stickers on them. :p Got the movies from Wal-Mart, the games from EB and the faceplates from dv8's sale.

Also got a couple of rare things from some guy on Kijiji.

Yoshi's Island $10

Box was crushed and $10 might have been a bit much but I've been in a bit of a GBA craze ever since I got my GBA Micro, so I bit.

Goron Link Figure $29
Again, might have overpaid just a little bit, but these are pretty rare and expensive and the only one on eBay right now is going for $22 with almost a day left. Add shipping on top of that and all the potential snipers, I figured I'd save myself the the trouble and just pick it up.

EDIT: Never mind. It looks like I got a REALLY good deal on this. The one on eBay's going for over $80 and there's still about 4 hours left.

Millenium 2000 N64 Controller $10
Only 1000 of these were ever made and the only way to get your hands on one was through a contest in Nintendo Power. There are a few nicks here and there, and the joystick is a bit loose(may get it tightened up), but at $10 I think it was a really good deal.

kijiji.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

[size=+2]I had to beg Anubis20 for this bottle, I wanted a case but alas highly combustible liquid in a crappy plastic bottle coming from Honduras means only one for now.
[/size]

[size=+2] Wish I knew where the other part of my deepdiscount order is [/size]

That N64 controller reminded me of the transparent "Millennium 2000" Dreamcast controllers. Don't know how rare they are, though. Got the clear black one at Babbage's way back when.

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']Really love those faceplates.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, they are pretty awesome. It's just too bad they don't fit the new 360s, cause I'm really tempted to get one. :bomb:

[quote name='lmz00']That N64 controller reminded me of the transparent "Millennium 2000" Dreamcast controllers. Don't know how rare they are, though. Got the clear black one at Babbage's way back when.[/QUOTE]
I've seen those too and they look pretty sweet. Can't say I know much about them either.

Been a pretty slow month for me in terms of pickups:

Mass Effect 2 - $20
Trine - $4 (starting to get a pretty good PC backlog cause of Steam...)
Dead Rising - 200 Goozex Points
Devil May Cry 4 - 200 Goozex Points

I have one of those, and it's filled with just disk based games. I need another one cause we have a 3' stack of dvds in front of our dvd shelf.

[quote name='Animal7390']on a isde note, anyone pickup one of these yet?
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Atlanti...Gray/9735365.p?id=1218164358640&skuId=9735365[/QUOTE]

I got one of these for my girlfriend for her paperback books. They are perfect for them and any DVD size case. Only drawback is that the shelves are not adjustable and the very top shelf is only for CD sized cases. So if you have a ton of DVD sized cases, this is definitely a good pick up. You could put DS games on the top shelf.

[quote name='RolePlayer']I got one of these for my girlfriend for her paperback books. They are perfect for them and any DVD size case. Only drawback is that the shelves are not adjustable and the very top shelf is only for CD sized cases. So if you have a ton of DVD sized cases, this is definitely a good pick up. You could put DS games on the top shelf.[/QUOTE]

my only concern is that the shelves dont come out all the way, any stability challenges?

Just traded in my launch 20GB 360(minus the harddrive) plus a controller for $100 towards the new 360. Finally glad to have wifi! :) I'm just worried cause I had a lot of stuff in my Download Queue that couldn't finish downloading. I hope I don't lose it. :(

EDIT: Looks like everything downloaded, no problem. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
This month i picked up:
Breaking bad seasons 1&2 for $30
Bioshock 2 for $10
Toy story 1&2 dvd/blu ray combo packs for $40

Gonna close this fuckin' month off with :

Deathsmiles

Trinity Universe

Mega Man Zero Collection

Dark Cloud 2

Assassin's Creed 2 (360)

Rayman 2, Oregon Trail, Driver (iPod touch)

Wave Race Blue Storm, 1080 Avalance (GameCube)

Evil Dead Hail to the King, The Mummy (PS1)

Evil Dead A Fistful of Boomstick, Simpsons Skateboarding, Simpsons Road Rage, The Mummy Returns, Evolution Skateboarding, Ready 2 Rumble Boxing Round 2 (PS2)

The Warriors (Xbox)

Oddworld Pack (Steam)

BAOW BAOW

nice pick ups fire_thief, i have to wait till the july thread to say i picked up Deathsmiles... waiting on shipping.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']

Mega Man Zero Collection
[/QUOTE]

I need to get this myself. Probably pick it up next week or something. Instantly on the backlog though due to all my :360: pickups :roll: ;)

Nice Pickups though. Good call on Dark Cloud 2. Amazing game.

At half price books I picked up a couple mmos on clearence and special find in my opinion.
LoTR Online - 1$ also is now a free to play mmo just have to buy the game
Age of Conan - 1$
Mahjong set of games - 2 $ I love mahjong

My favorite pickup because it's awesome
Warhammer MMO Collectors edition for -15$

Not really a pick-up, but I subscribed to Playstation Plus for the hell of it.

I downloaded Wipeout HD, Age of Zombies, the Collision Theme and the PSOne Classic Game (some racing game). If every month is as nice as this one, then I think the $50 for 15 months or $3.33 a month is worth it. We'll see.

[quote name='Poorleno']Mahjong set of games - 2 $ I love mahjong

My favorite pickup because it's awesome
Warhammer MMO Collectors edition for -15$[/QUOTE]

Is that Mahjong solitaire or real Mahjong, btw?

[quote name='darkslime']ITS NOT JULY DURR DuRR DURR[/QUOTE]

thank you captain obvious, just letting those know it is available to start tomorrow.

last day pickups from todays outing

:360: FF Rise of Silver Surfer - $4 HWV Closing
:360: Incredible Hulk - $7.50 HWV Closing
:360: Iron Man - $9 HWV Closing
:360: Ghostbusters: The Video Game - $9 HWV Closing
:wii: Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World - $12 HWV Closing
:wii: Boom Blox Bash Party - $12 HWV Closing

Mass Effect: Ascension - Paperback
Mass Effect: Revelation - Paperback

This month was fairly light on my wallet...

:ps3:
X-Blades= $4.97(crap)
Dark Sector= $4.97(OK)
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves= $14.99
SOCOM: Confrontation(Bluetooth Bundle)= $15.00

[quote name='elessar123']Is that Mahjong solitaire or real Mahjong, btw?[/QUOTE]
Solitare, not the actual tiles if thats what yah mean. I figure for 2$ it can't be that bad plus it has like 6 different modes, customizable tiles and a bunch a stuff. Basically the same price as an iphone app.

[quote name='Ace_Defective']This month was fairly light on my wallet...

:ps3:
X-Blades= $4.97(crap)
Dark Sector= $4.97(OK)
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves= $14.99
SOCOM: Confrontation(Bluetooth Bundle)= $15.00[/QUOTE]
I really like Dark Sector, kinda short I think from what I remember

Finally found a copy of Beautiful Katamari for $15. I should've picked one up while there was still a bunch of them at Blockbuster for less than $10. Oh well, at least this one's in near flawless condition.

bread's done
Back