The Official June CAG 2010 Pick-Ups Thread - Support Line Approved! 1-800-BETS-OFF

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']Let me know how Disgaes Infinite is![/QUOTE]

I picked it up yesterday as well. However I have been playing way too much Lunar Silver Star Harmony & MGS: Peace Walker.

I think Disgaea Infinite is a buy at $20 and that is not even having played it yet. That said I am a huge Disgaea fan that has had every release except the DS version on the day they came out :D

@dominator
Nice pick up. Mario RPG = WIN!!

@Vulgar
Gotta love Old Boy!! I finally watched the blu-ray of it the other night! Also where did you get Michigan from?

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']I picked it up yesterday as well. However I have been playing way too much Lunar Silver Star Harmony & MGS: Peace Walker.

I think Disgaea Infinite is a buy at $20 and that is not even having played it yet. That said I am a huge Disgaea fan that has had every release except the DS version on the day they came out :D

@dominator
Nice pick up. Mario RPG = WIN!!

@Vulgar
Gotta love Old Boy!! I finally watched the blu-ray of it the other night! Also where did you get Michigan from?[/QUOTE]

I've been wanting the Oldboy DVD for awhile but just never got around to picking it up. Michigan was from Ebay for about $11.50 shipped.

[quote name='Vulgarism']

p_00705.jpg

Both DVDs are from Lockerz, and I'm still waiting on my Nixon Lodown watch, all three items free using ptz. The Lost Planet 2 plushie is from SHC-Gamer on here. Thanks!!!
[/QUOTE]
Nice pick up on American Hardcore. Lots of great cameo's. Have you read the book?

I got 3D Dot Game Heroes yesterday from Amazon for $10 and used the $10 giftcard that came with it to get 3 HDMI cords for free. Just got a new 50" Plasma that I'm going to set-up today.

I picked up Oblivion from Steam. I should be getting Disgaea Infinite from Amazon on Monday thanks to that free Halo money.

I also picked up a stray cat. Apparently he followed my dog home when she was taken for a walk the other day and was in my yard all night. I went to let my cat outside this morning and he tried walking into the house. I thought about it for a bit, then let him in. The dog and one cat seem ok with him being here, but my two other cats are pissed as hell. He seems too nice to be a stray, I'm assuming someone's looking for him so I'm gonna put some pictures up around the neighborhood.

[quote name='doodofdoods']I also picked up a stray cat. Apparently he followed my dog home when she was taken for a walk the other day and was in my yard all night. I went to let my cat outside this morning and he tried walking into the house. I thought about it for a bit, then let him in. The dog and one cat seem ok with him being here, but my two other cats are pissed as hell. He seems too nice to be a stray, I'm assuming someone's looking for him so I'm gonna put some pictures up around the neighborhood.[/QUOTE]

I'd highly advise against letting the stray cat in unless your cats are vaccinated for the feline leukemia virus, and are spayed/neutered. The feline leukemia virus is a highly contagious and deadly disease, 80% of kitties with it last less than two years, and most of them are stray/feral cats. If you do indeed want to keep that cat, I'd suggest bringing it to the vet and having them do what's called a FeLV/Fiv antigen test to see if the cat has it. Also, the cat probably has fleas so you may want to invest in some flea medication for all your kitties and dogs since the fleas will just keep jumping from one animal to the next until they all have the prevention on them.

[quote name='doodofdoods']I got 3D Dot Game Heroes yesterday from Amazon for $10 and used the $10 giftcard that came with it to get 3 HDMI cords for free. Just got a new 50" Plasma that I'm going to set-up today.

I picked up Oblivion from Steam. I should be getting Disgaea Infinite from Amazon on Monday thanks to that free Halo money.

I also picked up a stray cat. Apparently he followed my dog home when she was taken for a walk the other day and was in my yard all night. I went to let my cat outside this morning and he tried walking into the house. I thought about it for a bit, then let him in. The dog and one cat seem ok with him being here, but my two other cats are pissed as hell. He seems too nice to be a stray, I'm assuming someone's looking for him so I'm gonna put some pictures up around the neighborhood.[/QUOTE]

If you think he might be someone's pet then you should go to your vet to see if he's micro chipped.

[quote name='KillerRamen']If you think he might be someone's pet then you should go to your vet to see if he's micro chipped.[/QUOTE]
This too! We scanned a dog that was missing for two years, and found it's original owners thanks to him being microchipped :)

[quote name='lmz00']
9091kl.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Wow. Nice pickups! Every single one of those things look brand new! How much did the broadband adapter and the Game Gear cost you? Once again, nice!

[quote name='RolePlayer']Wow. Nice pickups! Every single one of those things look brand new! How much did the broadband adapter and the Game Gear cost you? Once again, nice![/QUOTE]
They are. The adapter (with Quake and the browser) was $225, and the Game Gear was $185.

:psp: Final Fantasy Crisis Core
:psp: Gitaroo Man Lives
:psp: Little Big Planet

= FREE with an additional $18.75 in credit from UFC 2010 Trade in with bonus 2 of the 3 just hit price drop so now ill take that with my $10 future purchase and place an order for the $29.99 New Super Mario Bros. for :wii: and still come out a few bucks ahead.

Ordered Hexyz Force from gs.com
Picked up Disgaea Infinite & a 2nd Lunar guide at GS this week
PW: Trials & Trib is a trade via CAG
Mario 64 & Mario Kart are purchases from the CAG Trade Forum.

picture.php

Pokemon Gold(used/complete) $25
Yakuza(used/missing manual) $5

Any 3 Games $19.99/less for $25
-Banjo N&B
-Castlevania OoE
-Pokemon Trozei

Picture008-1.jpg

Not pictured is a 1600 Microsoft points card and a Nintendo Wii lan adapter.

I use to own Mario Kart Wii when it first came out. I ended up selling it one day and regretting it. I bought it again with all of my Amazon credit. :)

[quote name='lmz00']
9091kl.jpg
[/QUOTE]You should post prices for all your pickups, it would be interesting to see how much you pay.

Also, out of curiosity, do you open the stuff? Why do you buy it all sealed?

Don't question it's whereabouts. It'll only
cause the troll to resurface. I wonder if he finally backtalked the wrong person. Either that or the third grader he was dating finally dropped his ass since she finally got her license.

Either way. Posting tomorrows pick ups since I'll be too busy to do it then.

Grabbed 2 16gb iPhone 4's and got a copy of force unleashed sith edition on ps3 on hold for me at the shitty Wally world down the street.

p_00717.jpg

From Handsome's lowball sale.

p_00718.jpg

All still sealed, I love my Tartan DVDs...

p_00719.jpg

Seasons one and two and the companion guides for about $18 shipped, I didn't expect to win them...

p_00720.jpg

Jurassic Park laserdisc. I'm trying to collect a few Jurassic Park items.

[quote name='darkslime']You should post prices for all your pickups, it would be interesting to see how much you pay.

Also, out of curiosity, do you open the stuff? Why do you buy it all sealed?[/QUOTE]
Well, mainly because I'm anal and never buy anything used. I originally started buying them up with the intention to play them, but then figured that I was better off keeping them sealed, sending them in to get graded, and just storing them. Eventually, I'll have a game room dedicated to older consoles and keep them on display there.

The only things I've opened recently are the Saturn and the 3 pack.
Revenge was like $10, Turok 2 was $40 (too bad upper left is dented), and DKR was $185. I feel awkward posting prices, though. Kinda like the anti-F_T. Who wants to see crap like "Zelda: OoT:CE, $250 shipped! GoldenEye, $240 shipped!, etc." on a site like CAG?

I miss Fire_Thief. =(

In honor of him, I picked up all of the TCM movies, even the crappy sequels:

Pieces (Grindhouse Releasing two-disc set) - $12.73
797679000324.detail.1.jpg

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2-Disc Ultimate Edition) - $5.80
030306629292.detail.1.jpg

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 (Gruesome Edition) - $7.97
027616061522.detail.1.jpg

Leatherface: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre III - $5.46
794043637728.detail.1.jpg

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation - $0.00 (after Amazon credit)
043396026186.detail.1.jpg

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Two Disc Collector's Edition) - $0.00 (after Amazon credit)
794043703126.detail.1.jpg

Random Acts of Violence GN - $7.88
1079829_sth.jpg

SEGA Road Rash (Complete) $1
SEGA The Terminator (Complete) $1
SEGA True Lies (No manual) $1

:xbox: Magic The Gathering Battlegrounds (Black Case) $1

:psp: Aeon Flux Complete Series UMD (Complete) $3
:psp: Transporter 2 UMD (Complete) $1.50

Sonic 10th Anniversary Birthday Pack FREE

CAG Lowballz

[quote name='Freemason']SEGA Road Rash (Complete) $1
SEGA The Terminator (Complete) $1
SEGA True Lies (No manual) $1

:xbox: Magic The Gathering Battlegrounds (Black Case) $1

:psp: Aeon Flux Complete Series UMD (Complete) $3
:psp: Transporter 2 UMD (Complete) $1.50

Sonic 10th Anniversary Birthday Pack FREE
[/QUOTE]

:O You won the Sonic pack?! Awesome, congrats!

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Don't question it's whereabouts. It'll only
cause the troll to resurface. [/QUOTE]

I think he is most likely a legit poster. He actually does buy the games he talks about (the proof is on his eBay page). I personally find it funny that he riles everyone in this thread up so much. :lol:

[quote name='Rozz']I think he is most likely a legit poster. He actually does buy the games he talks about (the proof is on his eBay page). I personally find it funny that he riles everyone in this thread up so much. :lol:[/QUOTE]

You do realize we all know the stuff he buys is real, right?

No one is that ignorant. There are plenty of other reasons why no one likes him, and in his videos he still doesn't get it.

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']inb4 "Where?!?!!1?!?!"

in all seriousness though... where?[/QUOTE]

I got it from the Sony RLS site. It's for retail employees.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']You do realize we all know the stuff he buys is real, right?

No one is that ignorant. There are plenty of other reasons why no one likes him, and in his videos he still doesn't get it.[/QUOTE]

I've heard a few of you guys (including the one I quoted) call him a "troll" and think that he's just playing a character as a joke or something. I'm pointing out the evidence that shows he's not just doing this for fun and is indeed a legitimate poster, love him or hate him.

Trolling is definitely more than your definition. You just have a different outlook on him.

Back to update on the pickups.

Ended up with just one iPhone 4 today. The wifey wanted the white one and that won't be on sale to mid to late July on into August. So my 200 can rest safely for a few more weeks.

[quote name='Rozz']I've heard a few of you guys (including the one I quoted) call him a "troll" and think that he's just playing a character as a joke or something. I'm pointing out the evidence that shows he's not just doing this for fun and is indeed a legitimate poster, love him or hate him.[/QUOTE]

He knows his posting and stuff is arrogant. He gets run out of every forum he visits. At that point it's not us, but him.

Pretty slow month so far, I've mostly gotten some guides. I'll post pics eventually.

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days SG: $0.01
Final Fantasy Crystal Bearers SG: $0.01
Pokemon Explorers of the Sky SG: $0.01
Dragon Quest V SG (x2): $13

picture.php

Valkyrie Profile guide from a lowball, ME2 from K-Mart, FFVIII at a random yard sale yesterday for $1! SHC-Gamer was giving away plushies and somehow I got two of them.

picture.php

La Pucelle, Fatal Frame & 2 Mario games all from the TF, Izuna & .hack (finally have all 4) are from GS. Ordered the new Drake CD from Amazon.

picture.php

This has been the find of the month so far for me. The top Vanguard is the one I have owned. The bottom I found (along with FFVIII) at a random ass yard sale yesterday. Got it for $1. It is also the more rare art variant of the two. :D

[quote name='lmz00']Drake's a funny looking guy.[/QUOTE]

And a damn good rapper. Hopefully his CD is going to be #1 this week. It will be a short lived #1 cuz Eminem's new CD is next week and it is so fucking good. It is my fave out of all of Eminem's CDs and that is saying a lot.

I was going to wait until next week to buy it (since I was curious, but didn't feel like helping out his first week sales), but I thought I had like $14 of Amazon credit, so I bought it yesterday. Turned out it was VOD credit, since I got charged the $8. Those bitches should specify on their promotion code balance page how much of that is for MP3/Video. :(

It's alright so far. I kinda lost some respect for him after the whole flashing "OMG! *turns away*" incident, though. Smooth ladies' man. Rick Ross is in the same boat. He makes decent music, but I just can't take him seriously after the whole "Officer Ricky" thing.

Eminem is almost always on at the house because my boyfriend is such a huge fan. It's actually pretty funny because Eminem is my boyfriend's favorite artist, and Mariah Carey is mine so when all those hate songs came out between the two of them we just laughed it off. My boyfriend actually took me to see her in concert earlier this year and he debated wearing an Eminem shirt just to see what would happen, but needless to say I stopped him lol.

Nice pick ups as always Z.

bread's done
Back