The official: "Kick ass deals I got on boxing day!" thread

imcrazy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Basically this is where you can brag about some of the amazing deals you got on boxing day.

I myself didn't really get much just Timesplitters future perfect (xbox) for 9.99 and Twisted Metal Head-on (psp) for 12.49, both at zellers.

Got Rainbow Six: Vegas for $39.99 at Best Buy, Top Spin 2 for only $19.99, and Need for Speed: Carbon for only $49.99. Saved 30 bucks on Rainbow Six: Vegas, saved maybe 10 bucks on Top Spin 2, and saved 20 bucks on Need for Speed: Carbon. I might go back and get Tomb Raider for only $19.99. Too bad NHL 2k7 is $29.99 and not $19.99 or else I would get it.

My Xbox360 gona be pretty busy. I better enjoy my last few days off, cause boring, hard ass, tiring, stupid, I hate school starts on the 2nd.

It's not game-related, but I snagged a SanDisk 1 GB SD Card for my digital camera for 20 bucks (incl. tax). The people at Zellers couldn't believe it when I price matched it.

I got a 1G 2 pack SD for $30 and a bunch of $9.99 games from Zellers and Loblaws Super Stores.

Dino Crisis 3 (XBOX)
Paper Mario 2 (GCN)
Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble (GCN)
Virtua Tennis (PS)
Micro Machines V4 (PSP)
Mega Man Anniversary Collection (XBOX)
Mega Man X Collection (PS2)
Rayman Hoodlum Havoc (GBA)
Psychonauts (PS2)
Sonic Gem Collections (GCN)
Legend Of Kay (PS2)

I picked up a Logitech Harmony 880 remote for $145, after taxes.

I also snagged a Sony KDS50A2000 for $2300, with the free $500 stand. :)

Soon I'll be drowning in 50 inches of gaming goodness!

Went to the London Drugs by my house on the way to Metrotown. Bought the last 1 GB SanDisk Micro Cruzer (USB Flash Drive) for $20 + tax =) It was funny because when I asked they told me they sold out. I pointed to the case and they were like "Oh what? How come nobody bothered to look in there until now?" It seems they had a boxful of the things but nobody looked inside the case =D

My friend bought a 360 at Future Shop (also didn't line up or anything) and a friend bought something at Sportchek.

I wanted a 37" LG LCD TV from Best Buy but couldn't get it. I might just go for the Viewsonic at Costco =(

[quote name='GuardianFlash']where can I get the 1GB sd card for my camera?[/quote]

Future Shop has a 1 GB Sandisk SD Card for $20, and I believe Best Buy has a package of two 1 GB PNY SD Cards for $30.

LOL very little "kick ass" in this boxing day. I thought it seemed disapointing, but I thought that was just me. Anyone else feel the same?

[quote name='GuardianFlash']Which London Drugs ya go to? I need that 1GB storage thing!!![/quote]

Victoria and 41st in Vancouver. But I got the last one yesterday.

[quote name='Firestorm']Victoria and 41st in Vancouver. But I got the last one yesterday.[/quote]

I was at London Drugs today, the London Drugs at 41st and Victoria. I got the 1 GB SanDisk Micro Cruzer for $20, they had like 5 or 6 of them. Also got the 1GB SD memory Card for $20 as well, both at London Drugs.

These normally cost over $50 each. If ya lookin for a storage drive or an extra 1GB SD card, look no farther, London Drugs baby!

I was going to get a 360 with Gears of War at Rogers Video, but it turns out it was that the free Gears of War was a misprint. I ended up buying a 360 at Future Shop.

I got heroes 5 and civ 4 for 20 bucks each at bestbuy.

One of those halfprice pikachu gameboys at TRU.

6 ps1 games(dino crisis,fighting force,megaman x3, megaman legends, creatures and eternal eyes) for 20$ 3.33 each pretty sweet.

one of the 10$ pirates dvd.

two SD cards for 30$ at best buy.

3 gamecube games for 6$ (viewtiful joe killer 7 and megaman battlenetwork transmission)
and world ofwarraft for 9.99

Well since this still counts , I picked up both Oblivion and FEAR for my 360 yesterday at 32.49 each. Thought that was a pretty good deal. Also snagged Splinter cell chaos theory for 9.99 and SW Battlefront II (impossible to find it seems) fro 14.99, both for xbox. I love the deals at blockbuster right now.

[quote name='mistergoku']I was going to get a 360 with Gears of War at Rogers Video, but it turns out it was that the free Gears of War was a misprint. I ended up buying a 360 at Future Shop.[/quote]

Same with my friend =/

[quote name='GuardianFlash']where ya work firestorm, seems like u always on here and and have plenty of gaming time.[/quote]

A Rogers Plus in Capilano Mall. I actually haven't played anything since last Thursday =(

[quote name='imcrazy']Well since this still counts , I picked up both Oblivion and FEAR for my 360 yesterday at 32.49 each. Thought that was a pretty good deal. Also snagged Splinter cell chaos theory for 9.99 and SW Battlefront II (impossible to find it seems) fro 14.99, both for xbox. I love the deals at blockbuster right now.[/QUOTE]

Were those for buying used games??? or was BBV having a "brand new" game sale too

[quote name='imcrazy']Well since this still counts , I picked up both Oblivion and FEAR for my 360 yesterday at 32.49 each. Thought that was a pretty good deal. Also snagged Splinter cell chaos theory for 9.99 and SW Battlefront II (impossible to find it seems) fro 14.99, both for xbox. I love the deals at blockbuster right now.[/quote]

Was both fear and Oblivion at Blockbuster? I'm been wanting to get Oblivion (only beated story before I traded it to EBGAMES) again, but didn't want to spend 50+ bucks on a game that I've played.

Well both Oblivion and FEAR were used, but since I was super picky they are both in like new condition (the poor guy at the counter had to do some disc swapping and what not in order to find the discs/manuals I liked, but he was cool about it). The xbox games were new though. And yes this was all at blockbuster.

The brand new game sale BB has is: 50% off all games under 30 bucks.

not video game related but i got the last door crasher digital camera at futureshop. it was a 7.1 megapixel olympus for $249 reg $399. so not too shaby. it was too crazy to try and go anywhere else. i was getting pushed and shoved, crazy people.

Not a Boxing Day sale, but Boxing Week. The Bay has all electronic items 15% off for Boxing Week. So the Acer 32" LCD TV is $850 instead of $1000. There's a 25% off all Clearance items sale going on so the TV came down to $637.50 + tax = $720ish. My dad used his HBC points for a $230 gift card bringing the TV down to $490 after tax =)

The TV actually wasn't supposed to apply for the clearance thing, but they forgot to exclude it I guess. There was an e-mail sent to the managers saying not to promote it, but if the customer insisted that they should give it to us =)

http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=384728

I got the True Crime NY/Gun PS2 combo for $9.99 at Future Shop, Onimusha 2 for PS2 for $1.99 at EB Games, and God of War for $14.63 at Wal-Mart. The best deal was a new PS2 slim-line model fpr $49 from The Bay Furniture Outlet. (Because someone who I will not mention murdered my other PS2.)
I think I did well. I also got GTA VCS for PSP before I came to Canada; I paid $30 USD.

bread's done
Back