The OFFICIAL Metal Gear Solid 4 Is/Is Not Coming To The 360 AND PC Conspiracy Thread

depascal22

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
There have been entirely too many threads about Metal Gear Solid 4. This is what we know about MGS4. It's PS3 exclusive. There have been a million vague comments from developers, retailers, and the media. All of them are trying to get us to assume that Metal Gear Solid 4 will appear on the 360. Nothing has been proven and as of this point MGS4 will be a PS3 exclusive. There might be some Metal Gear games that make their appearance on other consoles. We don't know if these will be ports or offshoots like the AC!D series on PSP. As of right now, Konami seems more than content with Sony. We haven't seen a multi platform MGS since the second installment. The third installment has to this day remained a Sony exclusive. It even received well-received PSP sequel.

Here are release dates from various media outlets and retailers.

March 1, 2008 ebgames.com
March 2, 2008 estarland.com
March 15, 2008 bestbuy.com
March XX, 2008 ign.com

Several other reputable websites don't even have the game in the system. So bring your best conspiracy. I'll make one up now just get the pot brewing. Metal Gear Solid 4 will be PS3 exclusive at least for the forseeable future but the 360 gets a port of Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence with Live support. Have fun with that one.

EDIT -- 8/10/2007 zewone digs out a gem

http://kotaku.com/gaming/rumor/castlevania-aria-of-sorrow-silent-hill-orphan-to-make-appearances-at-leipzig-288448.php

Seems like Metal Gear Solid 4 is not a true PS3 exclusive, at least in Europe anyway. Still no official word about a stateside release but this gets the ball rolling.

Why do we have to shut up about a upcoming game? What else is there to do about it? Just thought we could condense all the talking to this one since it's been called for. Lighten up, guys.

[quote name='depascal22']Why do we have to shut up about a upcoming game? What else is there to do about it? Just thought we could condense all the talking to this one since it's been called for. Lighten up, guys.[/QUOTE]

i didn't say we shouldn't discuss it, i like the idea of this thread.

Jesus fucking christ, someone close this.

We DO NOT need another fucking thread.

Come back when you have something worthwhile to post.

[quote name='PyroGamer']Jesus fucking christ, someone close this.

We DO NOT need another fucking thread.

Come back when you have something worthwhile to post.[/QUOTE]

You completely missed the point.

We need one thread to keep MGS4 discussion in, and this would be that thread. Then when someone catches wind that Kojima spelled "microsoft" with his Alphabets cereal one morning, they can post it here.

[quote name='Apossum']You completely missed the point.

We need one thread to keep MGS4 discussion in, and this would be that thread. Then when someone catches wind that Kojima spelled "microsoft" with his Alphabets cereal one morning, they can post it here.[/QUOTE]
Not going to happen.

1. This thread sucks.

2. There's no reason NOT to post a new thread when information comes up. If you're sick of MGS4 on 360 threads, just don't go into the fucking thread.

Listen,

This thread is a good idea. We need to consolidate all the threads into one because I'd rather read one super thread instead of dozens of mini threads.

I want stalker on the 360. MGS4 I can live without. I'll just read a plot synopsis and not understand it.

[quote name='jer7583']I want stalker on the 360. MGS4 I can live without. I'll just read a plot synopsis and not understand it.[/QUOTE]

screw the story, of course it won't make sense. but it seems odd that you have Subsistence in your sig, but appear to not care for the series very much ;)

[quote name='PyroGamer']Not going to happen.

1. This thread sucks.

2. There's no reason NOT to post a new thread when information comes up. If you're sick of MGS4 on 360 threads, just don't go into the fucking thread.[/QUOTE]

do we really need a thread every time a konami employee takes a crap at MS headquarters? no. just post the news in here and hopefully depascal will keep it updated. not that hard.

[quote name='Apossum']do we really need a thread every time a konami employee takes a crap at MS headquarters? no. just post the news in here and hopefully depascal will keep it updated. not that hard.[/QUOTE]

Apossum has spoken bitchies now kneel. :lol:

1. This thread sucks.

2. There's no reason NOT to post a new thread when information comes up. If you're sick of MGS4 on 360 threads, just don't go into the fucking thread.[/quote]Hmmm... Cluttering the boards with pointless, duplicated threads or consolidating everything into one thread. That's a tough choice.

This thread should, like the Blu-Ray vs. HD DVD thread, be for all things arguing about MGS4. Meanwhile, on the PS3 board they should just have a thread to talk about the game.

I admit this thread is pointless. I'd just rather have one over reaching pointless thread where all the Metal Gear Solid fanatics can go at it without having to read a million threads. I also realize it's a bit ironic that I had to create yet another thread just to call for the consolidation of all the other pointless threads.

[quote name='depascal22']I admit this thread is pointless. I'd just rather have one over reaching pointless thread where all the Metal Gear Solid fanatics can go at it without having to read a million threads. I also realize it's a bit ironic that I had to create yet another thread just to call for the consolidation of all the other pointless threads.[/quote]It was the right move. Don't worry about it. We just need a mod to merge or close the other threads.

It won't happen. Sites these days want to do whatever it takes to get hits. Sony said themselves several times, the game is ONLY for PS3. Sony is making the MGS movie, supported the 20th Anniversary of MGS banquet, etc.

Websites just love to spread FUD on Sony (probably paid by MS), to make up rumors about MGS4 (so hopefully people hold out on a PS3).

MGS4 takes up 47GB already, which is why online play is separate as MGS Online. How the heck is that going to fit on a DVD9??? Never I would think.

There hasnt been a life-changing MGS since the 1st, and MGS4 just doesnt look like its gonna cut it. Also, with Snake being so old, get ready to play as some side character for 1/2 the game. Yay.

I dont think another MGS moment will beat Raven stalking you with a tank destroying minigun in a freezing cargo hold. MGS2 sucked, and MGS3 was good for a bit, before it got tired as well. This one looks pretty neat, but not worth buying a PS3 for.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']It won't happen. Sites these days want to do whatever it takes to get hits. Sony said themselves several times, the game is ONLY for PS3. Sony is making the MGS movie, supported the 20th Anniversary of MGS banquet, etc.

Websites just love to spread FUD on Sony (probably paid by MS), to make up rumors about MGS4 (so hopefully people hold out on a PS3).

MGS4 takes up 47GB already, which is why online play is separate as MGS Online. How the heck is that going to fit on a DVD9??? Never I would think.[/QUOTE]:lol:

1. This thread sucks.

2. There's no reason NOT to post a new thread when information comes up. If you're sick of MGS4 on 360 threads, just don't go into the fucking thread.[/QUOTE]

NO MORE MGS4 threads. End of story. Most of us more sane CAGs are sick and fucking tired.

Now mods need to do their part and lock all the other threads surrounding MGS4.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']It won't happen. Sites these days want to do whatever it takes to get hits. Sony said themselves several times, the game is ONLY for PS3. Sony is making the MGS movie, supported the 20th Anniversary of MGS banquet, etc.

MGS4 takes up 47GB already, which is why online play is separate as MGS Online. How the heck is that going to fit on a DVD9??? Never I would think.[/quote]

Let's please keep the pro-Sony or pro-MS fanboyism out of the thread. We all know that every conspiracy theory originates out of Bill Gates' office.

Well, the reason I have subsistence in my signature is because I love subsistence. If MGS4 was the story of BigBoss kicking ass and starting outer heaven, (That might be what MPO is about, not through that one yet) Then I'd be more excited. MGS4 is a continuation of MGS2's brilliant, but flawed plotline that I didn't really care for. I can appreciate it, but I don't like MGS2's story.

Also: The level of compression magic needed to put MGS4 on two DVD9s would not even reach the level of magic achieved in the Resident Evil 2 port to N64. Just over 1 gig of game data placed on a 32MB(ish) cart.. MGS4 can be done on DVD.

1. This thread sucks.

Why are you so stupid?

This is the MGS4 equivalent to the Blu-ray vs. HD-DVD thread, so we can keep all the bickering in one thread instead of spread out all over the forums. I applaud this thread. :applause:

[quote name='Chacrana']Why are you so stupid?[/QUOTE]

you not crazy for thread...you crazy for..

I can't bring myself to complete the reference.

[quote name='Apossum']you not crazy for thread...you crazy for..

I can't bring myself to complete the reference.[/QUOTE]

A wise choice... even though I kinda like those commercials.

"Q: Why do elephants paint their toenails red?
A: So they can hide in cherry trees.

Q: Have you ever seen an elephant in a cherry tree?
A: No.
Q: It works pretty well, doesn't it?"

This joke/these jokes summarize what I feel about the "MGS is coming to 360" hearsay. Good to see it's (hopefully) going to remain combined in one forum from now on.

What I really don't understand is the continued shots from the pro-Sony lobby. Everything I've heard is how the 360 can't handle MGS or how Kojima would never work with Microsoft. While none of this has been proven, nothing has been proven that Metal Gear will be a PS3 exclusive. Who knows, we might get a Metal Gear Solid 4: Substandard on all 3 next-gen consoles. Metal Gear Solid 4 will remail exclusive to Sony but the new version which will inevitably come out next year will be multi-platform. If we don't see a 360 port, a stripped down dumbed down port to the Wii would make some financial sense. Hell, Konami could even strive to get it rated T to really rake in the dough. Any other thoughts on this?

[quote name='depascal22']What I really don't understand is the continued shots from the pro-Sony lobby. Everything I've heard is how the 360 can't handle MGS or how Kojima would never work with Microsoft. While none of this has been proven, nothing has been proven that Metal Gear will be a PS3 exclusive. Who knows, we might get a Metal Gear Solid 4: Substandard on all 3 next-gen consoles. Metal Gear Solid 4 will remail exclusive to Sony but the new version which will inevitably come out next year will be multi-platform. If we don't see a 360 port, a stripped down dumbed down port to the Wii would make some financial sense. Hell, Konami could even strive to get it rated T to really rake in the dough. Any other thoughts on this?[/QUOTE]

MGS4 on the Twin Snakes engine? that would be interesting.

I think the only theory that makes sense right now is either Metal Gear Online or MGS4:Subatomicparticles coming to the 360. Guns of the Patriots will probably not happen. The Sony Fundamentalist sect does bring up interesting points about how the movie is being funded or published by Sony, as well as some other gestures that seem to indicate that Sony and Konami are buddies when it comes to MGS. The other point that isn't brought up a lot is that MGS2 didn't do well on the Xbox...though many have jumped ship for the 360.

as for Kojima, given his claim about not working on an MGS game again (which, yes, he has done before), I can't see him going straight to work on a 360 port. He probably has a nice long vacation lined up afterwards...anyway, I could see a port done by another team, which would automatically make me skeptical of the game.

Bad things can happen when a game is made without its original developer.

No one is saying that MGS4 would be an awesome game on the 360. But it would be cool if the 360 got some sort of port of the game. Even if it's just a little slowdown when it rains a la Substance on the Xbox, MGS4 Submissive could be a good game on the 360.

Substance didn't seem to do well for the Xbox because of a couple reasons.

1. Much smaller user base. PS2 was already well on it's way to last-gen dominance. It was a nice gesture to port to Xbox but most Xbox owners already owned a PS2. There weren't that many people that could've been interested in an Xbox version when they already had the PS2 version.

2. It was a rare case where the PS2 version was better than the Xbox version. Most multi-platform games could point to the Xbox version as the best graphically. Substance had the weird slowdown problem when it was raining.

3. Substance for the Xbox was released in November '02 but the PS2 version hung out until March of the following year. I think many people thought the PS2 version would have even more goodies so they held out. There was already confirmation that Snake could skateboard in the PS2 version so why not hold out and see which was better?

I'm bumping this so fools don't create another thread with pointless rumors in it. I like to keep all the pointless crap here.

I'd be surprised if MGS4 didn't come to the 360 at some point in time. I personally think MGS4 will be PS3 exclusive and released early 2008, and MGO and MGS4: Subwhatever will have simultaneous releases on the PS3/360 later in 2008.

That's actually a pretty good take.

Guns of the Patriots comes out for PS3 in spring, MGO comes out shortly after that,

Then in November - a retail bundle release of both for PS3 and 360 with some bonus content.

[quote name='jer7583']That's actually a pretty good take.

Guns of the Patriots comes out for PS3 in spring, MGO comes out shortly after that,

Then in November - a retail bundle release of both for PS3 and 360 with some bonus content.[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping MGS4: Subwhatever, won't just be MGS4 + MGO with a few extras. I've enjoyed Substance and Subsistence because of the amount of extra content they provide, but I will definitely be buying MGS4 and MGO on launch, and would hope they would go all out and provide tons of fresh content for the Subwhatever version.

Even Subsistence (MGS3) ported over to the 360 would be a big deal in my book. MGS4 looks bigger and better in every sense, but MGS3 would still be a good "get" for 360 owners.

The more I think about this the less convinced I am that Sony would let MGS4 get away from the PS3 without a fight. They've got to be throwing mounds of cash at Konami to keep it exclusive outright. A timed exclusive isn't going to cut it IMO if Sony wants to really move PS3s, even though it's obvious they're going to start moving anyway, in spite of a library gimped by game development problems. Maybe Konami could give Microsoft a fancified Subsistence--re-designed and optimized for the 360--as a concession for dicking MS on MGS4. There's no doubt MGS3 would sell on the 360, especially if it were to fall within a year or so of MGS4's release.

Hey, who knows? None of this will happen, but I'm just throwing the bullshit conjecture out there with the other bullshit.

bread's done
Back