The official N-Gage thread

Max Payne 3... haha. I wish, or maybe i don't, that would probably ruin the franchise name. They are making Alan Wake now anyways.

rifts-promise-of-power-20050722013509592.jpg
rifts-promise-of-power-20050722013513858.jpg

IGN has posted a new Rifts video. Damn, this game looks so good. I hope the story is as good as the game looks.

http://media.ngage.ign.com/media/682/682885/vids_1.html

hi i just got an n gage qd and i love it i just don't know much about it right now. does anyone know if i can get picture messages and how to download mp3's? thank you in advance. also i picked up alot of n gage games if anyone wants to check my list to buy/trade any of them

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']Well, lets wait for ViolentLee's take on the game first. He seems to have a pretty level head when it comes to the N-Gage.[/QUOTE]

You called? My friend Thomas, who has done a few things for me on GameSpy's N-Gage site, really liked the preview version of Xanadu Next. I haven't played it myself -- especially with getting married and being inundated with an abundance of console games to review/preview. Sorry to let you down.

Anyone?

[quote name='joey12169']hi i just got an n gage qd and i love it i just don't know much about it right now. does anyone know if i can get picture messages and how to download mp3's? Also what accessories do you guys recommend? thank you in advance. also i picked up alot of n gage games if anyone wants to check my list to buy/trade any of them[/QUOTE]

Also..has anyone tried this? what is it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nokia-N-Gage-QD...6431609408QQcategoryZ3311QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

[quote name='ViolentLee']You called? My friend Thomas, who has done a few things for me on GameSpy's N-Gage site, really liked the preview version of Xanadu Next. I haven't played it myself -- especially with getting married and being inundated with an abundance of console games to review/preview. Sorry to let you down.[/QUOTE]

You're slipping, bro ... slipping.

hey n-gage fans, i was wondering if anyone was interested in trading an N-gage QD for my regular boomerang n-gage. I have a treo650 now and just wanted to keep an n-gage around as a backup phone. The advantages of the old style n-gage are stereo sound, and built in fm-radio. the unit works fine, has some marks on it from previous owner but i have orignal box, accessories and a bunch of the first games that came out like sonic, tomb raider, tony hawk etc with boxes also. I can take some pictures if anyone is interested.

So, where in the hell can people buy new N-Gage titles? Catan should be out by now, and X-Men Legends II and High Seixe ought to be out by the end of the month. Any ideas?

Unfortunately it only seems like their website, n-gage.com will have the titles for offer. I dont know of any B&M or websites that will offer the titles besides their home page, which kinda sucks because the cheapest discount is 15% off and freeshipping with the purchase of THREE games. I'm not sure if I want to go all out on X-Men Legends 2, High Seize and another game, especially when the most I've spent on a game so far is $12.50.

Hey guys. I just bought an N-gage from Gamestop used, and in great condition. My only problem is that it didn't have a sim card or MMC (which isnt really a big deal). Does anyone have an extra card or find out where I could get one? Thanks.

bone, do you just need a dummy sim card?? Otherwise you can just put the sim card you have in your phone in the ngage. Also mmc cards are not that expensive, you can find those at almost all places that have an electronics section.

Just be certain to NOT buy an "SD" or "Secure Digital" card; they look virtually identical in size and shape to the MMC, but they don't fit or work with N-Gage.

[quote name='Prepster']bone, do you just need a dummy sim card?? Otherwise you can just put the sim card you have in your phone in the ngage. Also mmc cards are not that expensive, you can find those at almost all places that have an electronics section.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just need a dummy SIM card. I just recently got Cingular (was will CellularOne, which didn't use GSM or SIM cards) and an N-Gage QD. Pretty impressed so far, but I want the old N-gage as my gaming at home system. That was the long answer.

In short: Yes, I need a dummy SIM card.

Has anyone, and I mean anyone, give High Seize, Rifts or One a try? I'm interested in all those games but can't just throw $25 out the window. I have yet to see ANY reviews on these games anywhere, except One but the reviews seemed alittle skitchy. It looks like the N-Gage will get VERY few releases after December, so I'm really interested in those. I'd also like to pick up X-Men Legends 2 and Asphault 2 down the road but neither I am going to kill myself to get. Oh yeah forgot about Pathway to Glory 2. But Civ and Warhammer will prolly be many months off.

I'm waiting for a review on IGN and Gamespot, but considering they were just placing Glimmerati reviews not too long ago... who knows.

I've recently aquired a plethora of N-Gage games, and now I need a unit.
I'm looking for the multi-carrier one. My questions are:
Where can I get one good and cheap (I already have the service)?
What does "unlocking" a N-Gage mean?
Can you just pop the SIM card from an existing phone in it, and be off and running?

Thanks in advance for your help.

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']I've recently aquired a plethora of N-Gage games, and now I need a unit.
I'm looking for the multi-carrier one. My questions are:
Where can I get one good and cheap (I already have the service)?
What does "unlocking" a N-Gage mean?
Can you just pop the SIM card from an existing phone in it, and be off and running?

Thanks in advance for your help.[/QUOTE]

GSM phones can be locked to a specific carrier even though they are compatible with all GSM networks.
Unlocking an Ngage means you can use it with any carrier.
It has to be unlocked for you to be able to pop in any SIM card and use it.
So if its a locked cingular unit, a t-mobile sim wont work until you get it unlocked.
gamestop.com sells em for 49.99, they're out of stock right now. You could try craigslist or ebay but when I was looking for one myself they were just going for way more than i was willing to pay on ebay.
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=909069

ALL cingular phones came unlocked (the GSM / TDMA ones- at least this is what the employees told me at the cingular center near my place).

Noooooooooooo, I lost my Ngage when I was walking outside while waiting for my tires to be changed. I should of used that Belt Clip in that Ebgames case but I was too naive that I wouldn't loose it in my front Columbia pocket Jacket. I walked all the way from NTB to Wendys and I realized I lost the phone when there was a phone rining just like mine.

I called my number various times at the evening and there is no answer. Thank goodness it is prepaid so no overages. I just feel horible since I lost something that was dear to me. It was my first working Cell phone, my phone number I called my girlfriend various times, and it had that Xmen Legends game in it.

Can you help a brother out by giving me your old broken Ngage QD since I have an EbGames 1 year warantee if I cannot find my phone? I just hope the Cingular Store Prepaid (I went into a store the week before I bought it to try to unlock a Sony Ericson phone a friend gave me) number would transfer onto the new phone.

Thank you in advance.

I know it's been forever, but I actually reviewed a new N-Gage release. This time it's ONE, the 3D fighting game. Please visit http://ngage.gamespy.com/ to see what's new. Remember, the more people that check it out, the more GameSpy will continue to pay me to cover N-Gage.

I have copies of High Seize, X-Men Legends II, Atari Masterpieces Vol. 1, System Rush, Rifts, and Catan to pick from for my next review. Any requests? I'm leaning towards System Rush, as it's always looked pretty cool.

Anything for you, Grave. After all, you're N-Gage fan #1. ;) Besides, I can't resist playing tactical RPGs, and I feel guilty that I've received two hardcover Rifts books and I still don't know a damn thing about the series.

I just got through playing a few of the new demos, and I'm extremely impressed.

One: Wow. I had no idea a game that looks and plays so fluid could be made on the N-Gage. The detail is just amazing and the gameplay is really easy to get in to. The demo I played said it only had 30% of the attacks usable, but the game was still very playable. The motion capture is top notch, and the Create A Character is actually pretty fun. Aside from the gorgeous graphics and solid gameplay, I was most impressed with the framerate. In the demo I played, the framerate was constant without any hint of slowdown. That has been my big problem with several other N-Gage games, like Morrowind. There's no doubt in my mind that this is a game I must pick up.

System Rush: Like what many sites have already said, this game feels like a mixture of Tron and F-Zero. The sense of speed is pretty good, but I had a little trouble keeping my vehicle from going all over the place. This may be caused by my suckiness as a gamer, but I thought the controls could be a bit tighter. The demo I played wasn't very long, but the game seems pretty decent.

Mile High Pinball: I can't say enough about this game. It is just fantastic. Not since Alien Crush have I had this much fun with a pinball video game. The object of the game is to move the pinball up through levels by completing various objectives, like breaking a collection of bricks that is blocking your path. There are some pretty cool powerups that you can get, like a feather power up that makes your ball fall slower, or a balloon power up that makes your ball rise into the air. It all comes together to make a very, very solid pinball game. This is another game that I will definitely be picking up.

Man, it really is a shame the N-Gage is being discontinued. There are several awesome games coming out for the system. Only now, is it truly being able to show what it can do. Sigh.

*Rise from the grave*

So I'm curious, has anyone gotten any of the new n-gage games? I realize some have tried out the demos, but I'm interested in impressions on High Seize, One, the new pathway to glory game and Rifts. Also X-Men Legends 2 and Assphault 2 also came out. Anyone? Maybe it's because they are all $25 or so...

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Maybe it's because they are all $25 or so...[/QUOTE]

Bingo. I don't know where to order from, other than ebay or ngage.com.

I dunno, man.

However, our resident N-Gage reviewer, Violent Lee was in the holiday edition of Game Informer, and it said he got married. Congrats, bro.

Now when are we gonna see that Rifts review????!!?

Congrats to Lee.

I noticed theres all sorts of price errors on the n-gage website when it comes to the newer games. Like it lists High Seize on the front page for $19.99, but when you add the game to your cart it comes up to $24.99. Also they are still doing free 2-day shipping via Fed Ex or UPS, so you can still save on shipping. But It seems they are no longer doing the save 15% if you buy three games or mroe deal, which isn't much of a deal anyways right now.

I have interest in Rifts, High Seize and One right now. It's sad really that there a few decent games of new release out for the N-Gage and theres no where to grab them cheap. Maybe if they hit $19.99 and I can get free shipping as well as the 15% off then I'll bite again.

Nokia sent me a "limited edition silver N-Gage QD" last week. It's not very different, save for a silver faceplate -- though I haven't actually played the thing yet. The back is still normal QD colors, like the Mario Kart bundle red Nintendo DS.

[quote name='ViolentLee']Nokia sent me a "limited edition silver N-Gage QD" last week. It's not very different, save for a silver faceplate -- though I haven't actually played the thing yet. The back is still normal QD colors, like the Mario Kart bundle red Nintendo DS.[/QUOTE]
Anything on my tradelist you want to trade it for?

Anywhere I could get a complete checklist of all games released and maybe the ones upcoming. Every website I look at has different games and early names, not even the n-gage site is complete. Thanks in advance.

Anyone have any updated info on where best to get a dummy sim? I went into a cingular store today and they treated me like garbage for asking. I have a QD arriving tomorrow from a friend with High Seize, PtG, Glimmerati and Rifts sitting here. I'm really excited to try it out.

To just play these games, will I need to purchase a MMC for gamesaves?

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']Anything on my tradelist you want to trade it for?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, man, I'm going to hold onto it.

Ha, I rec'd a spam from Nokia selling the "Limited Silver Phone," with the emphasis that only *10* of them were made. If anybody ever gives a shit about the N-Gage, that's a helluva collector's item, VL.

Do you mind posting a pic of the phone?

[quote name='mykevermin']Ha, I rec'd a spam from Nokia selling the "Limited Silver Phone," with the emphasis that only *10* of them were made. If anybody ever gives a shit about the N-Gage, that's a helluva collector's item, VL.

Do you mind posting a pic of the phone?[/QUOTE]

Press releases talk about it being released for sale in Europe, Middle Eastern, and African markets. That's a lot of ground to cover if there were only 10 made. ;) Maybe that was regarding a contest to win "one of 10" silver QDs or something?

Here's a picture found on Google:
gc_2005_qd_silver.jpg

Again, if anyone could help me with this I would appreciate it...

I can't find a dummy sim. If I need to buy a pre-paid sim for this unit (as I have an everyday phone) do I have any concerns beyond finding one that is compatible with nokia phones? I use a Sprint phone now and am fairly ignorant about sim cards. I was thinking of buying one just to use for arena (hence the pre-paid type) but not paying a monthly fee, etc.

[quote name='caninusrule']Again, if anyone could help me with this I would appreciate it...

I can't find a dummy sim. If I need to buy a pre-paid sim for this unit (as I have an everyday phone) do I have any concerns beyond finding one that is compatible with nokia phones? I use a Sprint phone now and am fairly ignorant about sim cards. I was thinking of buying one just to use for arena (hence the pre-paid type) but not paying a monthly fee, etc.[/QUOTE]

You can probably just buy a sim card off of ebay. Here's one. I believe at&t is compatible with the n-gage qd, so you shouldn't have any problems using the qd's features.

If you have an unused SIM card, what do you do to activate it so you can use it on an N-Gage without having to activate it through a cell provider? I would not mind using my N-Gage as a portable system and get another cell phone.

[quote name='Stryffe2004']If you have an unused SIM card, what do you do to activate it so you can use it on an N-Gage without having to activate it through a cell provider? I would not mind using my N-Gage as a portable system and get another cell phone.[/QUOTE]

You don't need to "activate" it, per se. Basically, you put it in and can play N-Gage.

I put up another review. I know I told Grave that I'd do Rifts next, but I started playing multiplayer Mile High Pinball and just kept going till I was ready to review it. Really neat game, though the physics aren't up to snuff.
http://ngage.gamespy.com/

Well with Warhammer the only title I'm interested in the N-Gage for in 2006, and *maybe* Civlization, I'm thinking of throwing down the hammer and picking up One, High Seize and Rifts. Just waiting on your reviews on High Seize and Rifts, and possibly a deal down the road? Free two day shipping still exists on n-gage.com, but I don't know if theres tax, and although it states $19.99 for high seize It's still comming up $24.99 along with the other games.

My friend has been playing Rifts and likes it. High Seize can't be bad, as it's by the Pathway developer. Sorry to keep you waiting on reviews; doing N-Gage stuff just isn't too high-priority for me.

[quote name='ViolentLee']My friend has been playing Rifts and likes it. High Seize can't be bad, as it's by the Pathway developer. Sorry to keep you waiting on reviews; doing N-Gage stuff just isn't too high-priority for me.[/QUOTE]

I played the Rifts demo, and my biggest complaint is it's way too damn hard to gain levels. I put in at least a good hour and am not very close to gaining a level yet.

Aside from that, though, the game seemed very fun.

Can't wait for the reviews on the next wave of games, Lee.

Well I'll be ordering High Seize, One and Rifts in about three weeks so maybe you can the reviews out by then ;) Mainly looking for a good Rifts reviews, It's almost impossible to find n-gage reviews for the newer games outside of what you posted. I might pass on High Seize but I know I'm going to eventually grab One and Rifts.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Well I'll be ordering High Seize, One and Rifts in about three weeks so maybe you can the reviews out by then ;) Mainly looking for a good Rifts reviews, It's almost impossible to find n-gage reviews for the newer games outside of what you posted. I might pass on High Seize but I know I'm going to eventually grab One and Rifts.[/QUOTE]

Are those games out already? Man, I've been so outta the gaming loop since I deployed.

I tell ya, Mile High Pinball is a very fun game. You can download the demo at n-gage.com. Very good game.

IGN posted a review of High Seize and gave it a 8.0! Not a bad score at all.

Yes those games are out, One's been out for awhile as has High Seize but Gamespot and IGN don't seem thrilled about reviewing N-Gage games so It's hard to get a good judgement of all the new games that are out. Heck, Asphault Urban GT 2 and X-Men Legends 2 are out as well but you don't see reviews for those. Suprisingly no reviews for new Pathway to Glory game either.

I have to say I want One just for the fighter factor, I don't own many handheld fighters (A PSP Tekken would take the cake though). I want Rifts because I heard nothing but good reviews of the demo and awesome previews, but still no review at IGN or GS yet.

bread's done
Back