The Official PlayStation Vita Thread - 11/4: FW 3.00 Coming Just in Time for the PS4 Launch!

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Rather than actually trying to start a discussion, you just try to start shit with people?[/QUOTE]
Can you blame him? He's got a score to settle with those "US Sony fans".

:shakes fist:

Moving to more productive areas of discussion:

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/01/19/first-details-on-mortal-kombat-for-vita-60fps-touchscre/

Mortal Kombat on Vita will run at 60 fps, has local and online multiplayer, offers touchscreen controls for x-ray attacks and fatalities, has all of the modes and characters from the original game and also has a second challenge tower based around using Vita's touchscreen and accelerometer. An example mission has you tilting the Vita to affect gravity in a fight.

Looking at screenshots of Plants vs. Zombies for Vita, it's a port of the XBLA/PSN version with the newer widescreen visuals. It doesn't look like there are any added features just for that version.

I haven't played a MK title since N64 and a fighting title since DOA on xbox. They are too short to appreciate the single player experience and I've never had the ability to be good enough to hope to play against others. Is that what people who play fighting games mostly do these days?

[quote name='Anexanhume']Jesus fucking christ you have 45 thousand posts.[/QUOTE]

He happens to contribute a huge amount to the forums, tons of useful info, so it's nothing to get worked up about.

[quote name='chimpmeister']He happens to contribute a huge amount to the forums, tons of useful info, so it's nothing to get worked up about.[/QUOTE]

I was joking. That's just the most posts I've seen of any poster on any forum anywhere. It's easy to tell he does a lot around here.

[quote name='Anexanhume']Jesus fucking christ you have 45 thousand posts.[/QUOTE]

Anyone with that many posts is probably right about MK's comical amount of single player content. I spent almost two weeks just doing single player stuff and really never got bored with it. Worth your monies if you like fighting games or violence.

[quote name='Anexanhume']That's more than 44 thousand.

Back on topic, video of remote play (not working well)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDlheeGK0mU[/QUOTE]

It looked pretty good in this video where played a PS1 game and played a movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-qjaoITAUc

[quote name='handsomepete']Anyone with that many posts is probably right about MK's comical amount of single player content. I spent almost two weeks just doing single player stuff and really never got bored with it. Worth your monies if you like fighting games or violence.[/QUOTE]

I loved the single player and I loved the story mode but I hate that you cant skip scenes or that it doesn't have any chapters

Does anyone know how much the 3G service from AT&T will be on a monthly/yearly basis? I'm assuming that you won't have to have them as your cell phone provider and that this service will be a separate package???
Thanks - I'm going to purchase this for my husband for our anniversary so any help is appreciated!

[quote name='MelissaMade']Does anyone know how much the 3G service from AT&T will be on a monthly/yearly basis? I'm assuming that you won't have to have them as your cell phone provider and that this service will be a separate package???
Thanks - I'm going to purchase this for my husband for our anniversary so any help is appreciated![/QUOTE]

Monthly, no contract.

(And grats, I think)

I searched around a bit but didn't see anything- have they officially confirmed the different pricing structure for Physical/Digital releases?

I pre-ordered Uncharted on Amazon, but I'll cancel it if I can get it day 1 for cheaper on the PSN.

My guess is that'll change though before launch, because AT&T just changed their plans, or will in the next few days. I think it's like $30/3GB now, and $20 for a bit more too.

I'm sure someone has answered this so sorry, but someone said that the 3G version has GPS, and I'm wondering if there's a TomTom program planned that works WITHOUT an AT&T data connection, like there is for the iPad?

If there is, and GPS works and whatnot, I probably would go for the 3G version even though I'd never turn on the AT&T tap.

[quote name='nbballard']I searched around a bit but didn't see anything- have they officially confirmed the different pricing structure for Physical/Digital releases?

I pre-ordered Uncharted on Amazon, but I'll cancel it if I can get it day 1 for cheaper on the PSN.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't seem to be anything they are confirming via any announcement, that's just how the pricing is working. Here's an example of pricing in Japan: http://www.1up.com/news/vita-game-prices-japan-cheaper-digital-versions

And games aren't at fixed prices either in the same medium.

I could never get the remote play stuff to work outside of my house. All the research I did indicated it was because of how Uverse handled its devices. Its a shame too- Seemed cool

well vita games are on gamefly now. signed up so i can get uncharted without paying full price for it. i want to play it but no way am I paying $50 when i could just play uncharted 2 again. best one in series imo.

Is there any recommended place to get Vita accessories cheap? I'm getting the First Edition bundle, so i dont need a case. But i am interested in some sort of cover for the console. (Soft plastic or something).

Also, any recommended screen protectors? After an incident with my first 3DS, theres no way in heck i plan to not get one for this. Mainly worried about the application process, always manage to get that one random stray piece of lint stuck under it. (Even when i try the hot shower trick)

[quote name='dgwillia006']Is there any recommended place to get Vita accessories cheap? I'm getting the First Edition bundle, so i dont need a case. But i am interested in some sort of cover for the console. (Soft plastic or something).

Also, any recommended screen protectors? After an incident with my first 3DS, theres no way in heck i plan to not get one for this. Mainly worried about the application process, always manage to get that one random stray piece of lint stuck under it. (Even when i try the hot shower trick)[/QUOTE]

Ill be damned if I put a screen protector on this. Screen protectors suck

[quote name='el swordo']Ill be damned if I put a screen protector on this. Screen protectors suck[/QUOTE]

How exactly do they suck? The ones on my Cellphone and 3DS arent even noticeable.

I'd much rather have a tiny sheet of plastic than a screen full of tiny scratches or risk something else happening.

[quote name='dgwillia006']How exactly do they suck? The ones on my Cellphone and 3DS arent even noticeable.

I'd much rather have a tiny sheet of plastic than a screen full of tiny scratches or risk something else happening.[/QUOTE]

My phone is 18 months old, but a single scratch =P

I love gorilla glass.

[quote name='dgwillia006']How exactly do they suck? The ones on my Cellphone and 3DS arent even noticeable.

I'd much rather have a tiny sheet of plastic than a screen full of tiny scratches or risk something else happening.[/QUOTE]
been throwing my phone in same pocket as keys and change with no scratches for 6 months now. gave up on screen protectors. they collect fingerprints too easily and are too frustrating to get on properly without bubbles. I think with a case and using the wrist strap so you don't drop it by accident should be more than good enough. But if you want be my guest i won't stop you.

[quote name='el swordo']been throwing my phone in same pocket as keys and change with no scratches for 6 months now. gave up on screen protectors. they collect fingerprints too easily and are too frustrating to get on properly without bubbles. I think with a case and using the wrist strap so you don't drop it by accident should be more than good enough. But if you want be my guest i won't stop you.[/QUOTE]

Your quite lucky then, i put my last phone in my pocket often (Most of the time without keys), and it still got scuffed up. And i always use wrist straps with my game systems

I'd just rather be safe than sorry, especially when it comes to comparing 5-10$ to 300$+

[quote name='dgwillia006']Your quite lucky then, i put my last phone in my pocket often (Most of the time without keys), and it still got scuffed up. And i always use wrist straps with my game systems

I'd just rather be safe than sorry, especially when it comes to comparing 5-10$ to 300$+[/QUOTE]
true but all a screen protector will protect you against is tiny scratches. If you drop the thing it's not going to prevent it from shattering all over the place. Since the vita will be in a case when not using it and it will probably never go in my pocket ever i see no reason to pick up a screen protector. I would rather just enjoy the screen than bother with a screen protector.

I finally paid off my pre-order at GameStop whilst pre-ordering a 32 gig card as well so I'll prolly pay that off by time I pick up the Vita. The wait!

For $40, it better wash my dishes and clean my house.

It's not just 333% more expensive than the PS3 version, it's around 580% more expensive than the iOS version.

It's also a fucking terrible game that's luckily being released upon release, so some suckers will buy it.

PS Vita, you have your "Untold Legends."

Can someone answer this question for me? I have a ton of PS1 games I have purchased over the years. Games such as FF7, FF8, FF9 and so on. I have been able to play these on my PSP, but will I be able to play these on the vita? That may convince me to buy it because I'm not execited about the early releases.

Sony said that it wouldn't support it at launch but would would support later on. I've seen videos of it working with remote play though

Just announced 3G launch bundle:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0071NH8B8
http://us.playstation.com/psvita/systems/psv-system-bundle.html

51DLu6L8%2BhL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Includes: PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi System + 8GB Memory Card + AT&T DataConnect Session Pass + Free PSN Game*

*Promotional Offer expires May 31, 2012. Redemption code must be used within 90 days of issuance and is not transferable, nor redeemable. Limit one per customer. Offer for purchasers of Sony PS Vita 3G/Wi-Fi only. Your promotional 250 MB session automatically starts upon expiration of your 1st session plan, if you have activated the redemption code. Offer redeemed is for 250MB DataConnect Pass session only, regardless if you are on the 250MB or 3GB DataConnect Pass plan.) AT&T not responsible for taxes or lost redemption codes. Plans automatically renew, so after your promotional session expires, automatic renewal of your 1st DataConnect Pass plan selected will take effect and you are responsible for charges, unless you cancel auto-renewal before the plan renews. DataConnect Pass Plan: Time begins expiring immediately upon purchase/activation whether you are using the service or not. Once your time expires or your allotted data is used, whichever occurs first, your data access will cease. Coverage not available in all areas. For information on prepaid data plans, visit att.com/buyasession and for full terms, see Session Based Wireless Data Service Agreement at att.com/wirelesslegal.

One thing that isn't clear is the value of this PSN voucher. If the extras are a $55 value, the card being 30, the max the PSN voucher could be is $25. However, if the AT&T pass has any value, it's still a slightly worse deal. Still, this could be a savings of $5 for a wifi purchaser if they get the PSN game they want. It's a really good deal for already 3G purchases. Be warned though, you only get the PSN pass after you activate the AT&T data, which you must cancel or it auto-renews.

They need to release that bundle for the wifi-only version. I'll pay $250 if it includes all of that...hell I'd take a "$40 value" if it included an 8GB memory card and 1 free PSN game.

Well, the list price of the card is $30, the value of the AT&T "free month" is $15, so that would put the value of the game at $10, so I'm guessing that it will won't be anything too special. I think there's a good chance it is just a Mini or old PSP game, which would easily fall into the $10 price range.

The above terms on the AT&T stuff are interesting and a bit discouraging...you definitely have to pay for one month of service ($15 minimum) before you get your free month of service, and you have to remember to cancel BEFORE the free month renews or you'll likely get charged full price for the additional month. Also, if you actually want the larger data plan (and sign up for it as part of your paid first month), it sounds like you'll be downgraded to the smaller data plan for the second "free" month, which could result in overage charges if you go over the limits of the smaller data plan.

So if you weren't planning on getting the data plan, then deduct $15 from the value of this deal because you'll have to pay for the first month before you'll get your "free" game and "free" month of service.

Yeah, I think this is only a deal if you had already planned getting the 3G version once you get into the details. There's nothing redeeming here for people who want the WiFi version.

[quote name='Anexanhume']Yeah, I think this is only a deal if you had already planned getting the 3G version once you get into the details. There's nothing redeeming here for people who want the WiFi version.[/QUOTE]

Agreed....$55 in bonuses for $50 more than the WiFi model is definitely not a good deal for someone that was satisfied with the WiFi model, especially when only the $30 8GB card is of value to someone that was going to buy the WiFi model and won't be subscribing to the data plan.

I placed my preorder for the new 3G bundle anyway, but I'm still second-guessing myself. The only real justification I can give myself is that I'd like to have the 3G model primarily because I expect it to be discontinued before year-end and it would like to get it while I can, so the extras are a nice addition. There's a good chance it will be discounted at some point before it is discontinued, but it won't be discounted below the price of the WiFi model (that would make no sense at all), so for anyone on the fence between the 3G and WiFi model, I think this is a decent incentive to get the 3G model if you don't want to wait for the eventual discounts/bundles on the WiFi model.

Best Buy in Polaris Mall (near Columbus) has demo Vitas today. Not sure if they are offering pre order goodies. I will post if they are b/c I would assume other BBs will do the same.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/01/26/ubisoft-ps-vita-week-rayman-origins/

Rayman Origins allows you to pinch to zoom in to get a better look at the art and help find secrets along with speed run challenges with friends. It doesn't have local or online co-op, so this version is just single-player. It'll be a ~900 MB download on PSN.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/01/27/mlb-12-the-show-franchise-mode-improvements/

They offer some more details on the cloud save transfers for MLB 12:
I know there’s a lot of interest out there about our PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita integration this year so I wanted to make sure I touched on our Cross-Platform Saves functionality. This feature allows you to take your Franchise, Season, and Road to The Show save files up to the cloud where you can then access those files from either your PS3 or PS Vita. You are limited to one file per mode per PSN user account, which can be overwritten as many times as you’d like.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...eet-fighter-x-tekkens-playstation-exclusives/

Pac-Man, who fights while on top of Mokujin, and Bad NES Boxart Mega Man are the newest exclusive characters for the PS3 and Vita versions of Street Fighter X Tekken. They join Cole from Infamous and Japanese Sony mascots Toro and Kuro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-bVm9vYRKI

bread's done
Back