The Official PlayStation Vita Thread - 11/4: FW 3.00 Coming Just in Time for the PS4 Launch!

[quote name='SynGamer']PS+, plus Persona 4 Golden = I've played my Vita almost every day for the past month.[/QUOTE]

I bought my Vita on Black Friday (AC Bundle from GS) and have probably turned it on every day and used it some capacity. Seriously, the best gaming purchase I have made in quite awhile.

[quote name='whoknows']I don't know what your problem is. I use mine all the time.

Anyway, Wake Up club looks cool.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Just got Silent Hill and an import of Orgarhythm.
That bumps me to 34 retails games alone.

I have just got into the PS Vita and so far it is a nice little hand held, I have been playing hot shots golf 2 (ps1) on it and been using skype with some friends. Its a very powerful device that shatters my 3DS big time but since its more delicate and I have no case for it I am going to have to leave it home for the time being. I ended up getting a 8GB Vita Memory Card from a craigslist meet up he wanted 25$ for it but I got it down to 20$ and for the games I will enjoy what ps+ has to offer. I would like to thank the CAGs on this one for referencing cowboom.com and suggesting such great games I am going on my 4th year anniversary since joining this website. thanks! /]

This is a REAL n00b set of questions, my apologies, please help me to get this straight. I don't own a ps3 or a psp anymore but if say I wanted to play Peace Walker or Final Fantasy VII I basically have to buy the download versions from the PS store right? Even if I owned a ps3 and Peace Walker in UMD format and/or FFVII on disc I would STILL have to buy the download version to play on the Vita?

Not sure why but I thought it would have been cheaper :(

[quote name='MrSneis']This is a REAL n00b set of questions, my apologies, please help me to get this straight. I don't own a ps3 or a psp anymore but if say I wanted to play Peace Walker or Final Fantasy VII I basically have to buy the download versions from the PS store right? Even if I owned a ps3 and Peace Walker in UMD format and/or FFVII on disc I would STILL have to buy the download version to play on the Vita?

Not sure why but I thought it would have been cheaper :([/QUOTE]

you have to rebuy them again.

[quote name='htz']PS Vita firmware 2.05 is released.

• System software stability during use of some features has been improved.
[/QUOTE]

Thats rather vague lol.

[quote name='TPerryoo7']Thats rather vague lol.[/QUOTE]
2.05 was a security patch for the Vita to fix a PSP game exploit.

The most recent Youtube update is great. Having the playlists and easier access to the subscriptions that I have there makes it much more usable than it was before. The PS3 app needs playlist support.

I used the youtube app the other day and like FriskyTanuki said it is a lot better before and slightly quicker, that playlist support really helps I can now watch my gamegrumps and mlp videos in one neat and organize list

[quote name='GogetaSS4']I just picked up a Vita, what games should I get? I love RPG's and Shooters.[/QUOTE]

No real choices if you like WRPGs or ARPGs. Warrior's Lair should take care of the second one. Several good JRPGs though. Persona 4 Golden is a favorite.

No highly reviewed shooters yet. Resistance is decent but bland, COD is good for multiplayer only. Unit 13 is decent. Uncharted is a good shooter if you like 3rd person views.

[quote name='jza1218']Ummm, did that guy in the trailer stab the guy in the crotch? lol.[/QUOTE]

Yup. The VoiceOver even says "fight dirty" or something or similar there.

[quote name='Anexanhume']No real choices if you like WRPGs or ARPGs. Warrior's Lair should take care of the second one. Several good JRPGs though. Persona 4 Golden is a favorite.

No highly reviewed shooters yet. Resistance is decent but bland, COD is good for multiplayer only. Unit 13 is decent. Uncharted is a good shooter if you like 3rd person views.[/QUOTE]
I like all types of RPG's so that sounds good. I already planned on picking up Persona 4. And I've got Assassin's Cred 3: Liberation coming from VGFive. I think I will enjoy this handheld. I enjoyed the psp a lot but I found the lack of a second thumbstick annoying. I played the psp nearly everyday so I will probably be doing the same with the Vita if the game library can keep up with my gaming habit.

Xseed announced a couple of new Vita games for 2013:
]Valhalla Knights 3
PS Vita, Fall 2013 – The fourth title published by XSEED Games in the popular Valhalla Knights action RPG series, Valhalla Knights 3 features a robust character creation system and brings intense seven-on-seven party-based combat to the PS Vita. Players can select from one of seven races and one of twenty job classes such as Fighter, Mage, Thief, Priest, Akatoki or Archer, while also equipping two sub-jobs. Players can adventure with a party of their own making or brave the wilds alone and seamlessly engage in real-time combat to earn skill points for upgrading and unlocking abilities unique to each job class.

Ys: Memories of Celceta
PS Vita, Fall 2013 – An extensive reimagining of (and pseudo-sequel to) Ys IV, one of the only Ys games never before released in the west, this title puts more enemies on screen than ever before and features the largest, most non-linear overworld in Ys history, boasting superlative graphics and a triumphant evolution of the fast-paced gameplay that has made this series a timeless action RPG mainstay. As the game opens, long-time protagonist Adol Christin finds himself alone, dazed and confused in a strange land, and must piece together his memories of how he got here and why, all the while struggling to determine whom he can trust.

Just tried to play Uncharted for the first time and I guess it's just me but the controls are impossible. The thumb sticks are just too small for me to play a shooter apparently. Hope we get some more good RPGs or this thing will be collecting dust...

[quote name='n4styn4t3']Just tried to play Uncharted for the first time and I guess it's just me but the controls are impossible. The thumb sticks are just too small for me to play a shooter apparently. Hope we get some more good RPGs or this thing will be collecting dust...[/QUOTE]

It takes some getting used to but I was pretty proficient after several hours.

[quote name='Anexanhume']It takes some getting used to but I was pretty proficient after several hours.[/QUOTE]

Thumbstick + gyroscope for aiming works pretty well.

So let me get this straight. Basically there is no Monster Haunter 4 coming out for the Vita. After the whole RE:R stink I think it's pretty clear where Crapcom stands with the Vita. My love/hate relationship with Capcom is leaning on the hate side these days!! So sad :(

[quote name='Anexanhume']Yeah, they got cock blocked by nintendo on MH4.[/QUOTE]

http://www.playerattack.com/news/2013/01/20/capcom-addresses-monster-hunter-4-vita-rumours/

FWIW if you Google "Monster Hunter 4 Vita" most of what you see is the rumor that Capcom was planning a simultaneous release but from what I'm gathering, was purely a rumor that was squashed and not even reported that it had been squashed by all those sites.

I just want for the Vita to do well. Never played a MH game before but seemed like it would be a great seller enough that even I would give it a shot. I think the key is to put a game out that even people who never played said series before would want to play. Wishful thinking.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']Just tried to play Uncharted for the first time and I guess it's just me but the controls are impossible. The thumb sticks are just too small for me to play a shooter apparently. Hope we get some more good RPGs or this thing will be collecting dust...[/QUOTE]
Are you playing with or without autoaim?

Uncharted was tough at first for me too. Then I realized that it utilizes the gyroscope for aiming as well. So that was throwing my analog stick aiming off. You can go in and turn that off if you do not like the gyroscope aiming. I did and the headshots started pouring in.

So can someone help me with possibly creating a EU PSN account on one Vita memory card. I'm wondering if I would be able to just switch between the two cards to go back and forth of EU and US accounts. Or is there more involved?

[quote name='Anexanhume']Might be better to wait. I've heard that the same sales will come stateside in a couple of weeks.[/QUOTE]

But they do get different free PS Plus content.

Playstation +, I thank you for saving me money I was gonna spend on Uncharted and Gravity rush which I can now spend on a game a different game I want. :)

[quote name='Anexanhume']Today is the last day to register your vita through the referral program for a $20 PSN card:

http://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/19d4cp/have_you_collected_your_20_psn_card_by/

http://psvita.amplifinity.com/offer

referral codes to try:

Unfortunately I never received a referral code to give out but I still get the $20 PSN by using one of those codes.[/QUOTE]

Used a referral code off the Reddit thread and it said it's processing. Thanks!

[quote name='Anexanhume']Everyone, remember that Wild Arms, Patapon, Piyotama and Patchwork Heroes are free for ALL vita owners on PSN this week.[/QUOTE]

PS Vita: play all of your PSOne and PSP favorites. You know, much unlike your PSP.

[quote name='mykevermin']PS Vita: play all of your PSOne and PSP favorites. You know, much unlike your PSP.[/QUOTE]

The nicer screen and better controls is enough to make me interested in PSP games. I never really got into the PSP as a platform but I enjoy PSP games on the Vita, especially for free.

bread's done
Back