The Official PlayStation Vita Thread - 11/4: FW 3.00 Coming Just in Time for the PS4 Launch!

[quote name='retro.elite']Little Deviants it should have been a PS Vita mini game.[/QUOTE]

I thought as much from what I had read and expect it to drop in price pretty quickly on PSN. That was also one of the reason I went with the 3G Bundle rather than the First Edition Bundle.

I'm not sure how unlocking phones works but I took a look at the sim card. If memory serves me correct from when I used to have att, it appears to look the same. My question is to anybody that is in anyway knowledgeable, do you think it would be possible to unlock the card and switch between the phone and vita.

I'm only curious because between att going between cingular and back to att before I cancelled with them my phone crapped out on me. I had old phones but they told me it was impossible to get back on the network and had to buy a new one. Either way, I had the phone unlocked so I would be able to use it on there network which can work in a similar way if at all plausible.

[quote name='retro.elite']Little Deviants it should have been a PS Vita mini game.[/QUOTE]

I haven't played all the way through the game but I think it really showcases what the Vita can do.

I know it's not a huge thing, but in the Wipeout quicklook it was shown that custom soundtracks are system level. I love that! With system wide custom soundtracks and cross game chat this thing has some key features that the PS3 lacks.

[quote name='retro.elite']Like most review I have read or watch, it is more of a tech demo of Vitas inputs.[/QUOTE]

I'm not going to argue with that one, the FEB bundles only plus side is that you get it a week early. Pricing Little Deviants at $30 is a very generous undertaking in my book, I still think the FEB bundle should have been included the 8GB memory card but what ever. It's not like I was going to upgrade to the 32GB but for those who weren't it's a kick in the ass. I wish it would have included a movie like the PSP launch.

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']is anyone going to get unit 13?[/QUOTE]

I'm definitely paying attention to that game. The quick missions are appealing and the daily challenges sound cool too.

I DLed all my games on my PS3 and was trying to transfer them but when I go to copy from my PS3 it tells me to go to content manager on my Vita. My vita tells me to plug in a USB to the PS3, and then it just sits there.

Anyone have any ideas?

[quote name='nbballard']I DLed all my games on my PS3 and was trying to transfer them but when I go to copy from my PS3 it tells me to go to content manager on my Vita. My vita tells me to plug in a USB to the PS3, and then it just sits there.

Anyone have any ideas?[/QUOTE]

If it's anything like the PSP, you need to put the Vita in USB mode and then transfer them over.

[quote name='skiizim']If it's anything like the PSP, you need to put the Vita in USB mode and then transfer them over.[/QUOTE]

it's not on a side note is there anyway to transfer avi files to my ps vita? they didn't show up on the content manager when connected to my ps3. the only thing that showed up was the tester for transfer

The psp supported divx, maybe this has something to do with it?!? I never messed around with the video too much on the psp, I only purchased some movies for my daughter.

Hey Guys,

I preordered a Vita with Lumines today, and I was wondering if any CAGs could recommend some good strategy/advance wars/tetris/tower defense games/poker that are PSP games/PS minis that would work on Vita.

Thanks for the help. Can't wait till Wednesday.

[quote name='jkimrey']Wish there was a top quality RPG available for the launch....[/QUOTE]
What system has ever had a top quality RPG at launch?

Ok, so I'm pretty much decided that if my tax return shows up on time, I'm picking one up next week.

There's so much conflicting info out there, so a simply query... is there any benefit to picking up a 3G one over a Wi-Fi if I'm pretty convinced I'll never pony up the monthly fee? Are there any special features for the 3G (like the 3DS SpotPass or whatever) that work if you AREN'T paying for 3G?

I mean, I like to be prepared and all, but I've yet to find a compelling reason to spend an extra $20 to get a 3G model other than 'it might be useful in the future, maybe'. This wasn't a huge concern for me before, but if that TRU 'Spend $50, get a $20 giftcard' deal works on Memory Cards, I can effectively get a WiFi model and a 16gb card for less than the 3G launch bundle.

Any guidance appreciated.

[quote name='007']Ok, so I'm pretty much decided that if my tax return shows up on time, I'm picking one up next week.

There's so much conflicting info out there, so a simply query... is there any benefit to picking up a 3G one over a Wi-Fi if I'm pretty convinced I'll never pony up the monthly fee? Are there any special features for the 3G (like the 3DS SpotPass or whatever) that work if you AREN'T paying for 3G?

I mean, I like to be prepared and all, but I've yet to find a compelling reason to spend an extra $20 to get a 3G model other than 'it might be useful in the future, maybe'. This wasn't a huge concern for me before, but if that TRU 'Spend $50, get a $20 giftcard' deal works on Memory Cards, I can effectively get a WiFi model and a 16gb card for less than the 3G launch bundle.

Any guidance appreciated.[/QUOTE]
i look at it this way you are already dropping $280 don't cheap out and get the 3g just in case

[quote name='007']Ok, so I'm pretty much decided that if my tax return shows up on time, I'm picking one up next week.

Any guidance appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Honestly I see the data plans as being an expensive waste. 250mb per month is nothing these days, that could amount to 2-3 game downloads, and a few hours of online multiplayer, and then that's it for the month without going over. I'd stick with the WiFi version.

[quote name='spmahn']Honestly I see the data plans as being an expensive waste. 250mb per month is nothing these days, that could amount to 2-3 game downloads, and a few hours of online multiplayer, and then that's it for the month without going over. I'd stick with the WiFi version.[/QUOTE]

You can't do those things on 3G with Vita anyway.

Cross Platform Play info.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...yStation.Blog)&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher

If you purchase Hustle Kings for PS Vita, you will get Hustle Kings on PS3 for free. If you already own Hustle Kings on PS3, you’ll be able to download the PS Vita version for free.
If you purchase WipEout 2048, you will be able to download WipEout 2048’s DLC packs, WipEout HD and HD Fury for free when they launch later this spring (if you already own the PS3 versions).
DLC purchased for the PS3 version of Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 can be used on the PS Vita version for free (and vice versa).

I was messing around with Near last night and it makes me really uncomfortable. I'll probably turn it off. I hit on 19 different Vitas just sitting in my bedroom (which really surprised me). It makes me uncomfortable because it shows that my general area is my street, and my user name (nbballard), it just my initials/last name. It wouldn't be hard for someone to see me on Near, see my trophy list and determine I had a PS3 as well, look me up in the whitepages and come steal all my stuff.

I'll admit I'm probably coming off a bit paranoid- but my house was broken into a few months ago and all of my stuff was stolen. I'm not quite back to expecting the best from people yet.

Does anyone know if there is a way to limit that stuff without missing out on the bonuses? Or do we know if people can see my location anyway on their end (I know it shows where I am to me, but I didn't know if it displayed for them).

[quote name='mwynn']Cross Platform Play info.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/02/16/3-great-reasons-to-try-ps-vitaps3-cross-play-content/#utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PSBlog+%28PlayStation.Blog%29&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher

If you purchase Hustle Kings for PS Vita, you will get Hustle Kings on PS3 for free. If you already own Hustle Kings on PS3, you’ll be able to download the PS Vita version for free.
If you purchase WipEout 2048, you will be able to download WipEout 2048’s DLC packs, WipEout HD and HD Fury for free when they launch later this spring (if you already own the PS3 versions).
DLC purchased for the PS3 version of Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 can be used on the PS Vita version for free (and vice versa).[/QUOTE]
This is the best news I've heard all week.

[quote name='mwynn']Cross Platform Play info.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...yStation.Blog)&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher

DLC purchased for the PS3 version of Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 can be used on the PS Vita version for free (and vice versa).[/QUOTE]

That Wipeout info is unclear. Does this mean the Wipeout HD and Fury are coming to the Vita in their entirety? Will they be separate from the Wipeout 2048? Does this apply to retail purchases as well as digital?

They could use some clarification. :whistle2:s

[quote name='Trastan']That Wipeout info is unclear. Does this mean the Wipeout HD and Fury are coming to the Vita in their entirety? Will they be separate from the Wipeout 2048? Does this apply to retail purchases as well as digital?

They could use some clarification. :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

I'd think it would apply to all (because it'd be a bit of a screw job if not), but perhaps it's tied to the online pass activation, because that would be sort of a proof of purchase for either format.

So how long do you think it will be before someone buys a physical PSVita game from Gamestop that one of the employees has checked out and they can't unlock trophies? I say we'll be hearing about it before week's end.

[quote name='nbballard']So how long do you think it will be before someone buys a physical PSVita game from Gamestop that one of the employees has checked out and they can't unlock trophies? I say we'll be hearing about it before week's end.[/QUOTE]

waitwaitwait huh? What did I miss about this news?

[quote name='mykevermin']waitwaitwait huh? What did I miss about this news?[/QUOTE]

I have never heard trophies were locked to the game cartridge, so I too would like some clarification.

They aren't locked to the game cartridge- they are locked to the first system that accesses the game cart. So if you buy a game new, and play it- you get all the trophies you earned forever, but if you loan it to a friend, or trade it - that person can't earn trophies.

I wonder if it will work like the PS3 game trials where the trophies unlock once you buy the game. Doubt it- but that would be nice and incentive for someone to go buy a new copy after borrowing a friends.

[quote name='nbballard']They aren't locked to the game cartridge- they are locked to the first system that accesses the game cart. So if you buy a game new, and play it- you get all the trophies you earned forever, but if you loan it to a friend, or trade it - that person can't earn trophies...[/QUOTE]

...unless they revert the game to factory defaults. Seems like a reasonable system to me.

I have no problem with that (assuming the delete data option went away). I tend to not buy used, and even if I did, no trophies wouldn't be a deal breaker.

Hmmm...it's possibly worrying for the future, but seems to be no big deal right now.

In fact, thinking about it, this COULD actually just be a means of keeping trophies fair/robust, and have nothing to do with DRM at all! That's the actual effect of it at the moment...lets hope that's all the becomes of it.

I REALLY want a Vita more than ever, BUT the battery issue will be a deal killer. Since no one knows for sure if it works without a battery installed, I'll have to try it for myself, risking my first Vita.

I'm going to get my preorder in, open it, pull the battery, close it...and see if it still works.

Maybe I should buy a game with it first though too, in case for some reason it would boot to the menus but not a game... although if I bought Uncharted, then I'd need a memory card, and blah blah blah....

If it DOESN'T work, I'll try to be strong and just sell it and dump the format. If it DOES work, I think I'll go nuts and buy every Vita game I'm even vaugly interested in :whistle2:D

I should probably dump my DS and 3DS, painful as that is.

[quote name='jza1218']I must have missed something. Why is the battery thing a deal breaker?[/QUOTE]

Depends on whether or not the system works without it. The PSP and PS3 do, the GBA-SP/DS/3DS don't.

It turns out it's sealed, but doesn't APPEAR to actually be that hard to get at, to the point where the Japanese manual actually has instructions for it, I guess.

So then the issue is just whether you can use the system with it pulled. If you can't, then at some point in the future it becomes a paperweight. I don't want to invest thousands in a platform that'll be worthless to me years down the line...I SHOULD have skipped the Nintendo systems because of that, but idiotically have bought dozens if not hundreds of games for them. I should maybe just keep my DS stuff, and be done with the 3DS, I don't know...draw the line somewhere.

[quote name='nbballard']So how long do you think it will be before someone buys a physical PSVita game from Gamestop that one of the employees has checked out and they can't unlock trophies? I say we'll be hearing about it before week's end.[/QUOTE]
So it turns out that the trophies can still be unlocked, but your point is still valid. If you buy a gutted "new" Vita game from GS and you get the screen saying you have to delete data prior to getting trophies, you can easily return to the store and confront them since you will have proof that the game is no longer new since someone obviously played it (disregarding the fact the game case was opened alerady anyway).

[quote name='wrencrest']So it turns out that the trophies can still be unlocked, but your point is still valid. If you buy a gutted "new" Vita game from GS and you get the screen saying you have to delete data prior to getting trophies, you can easily return to the store and confront them since you will have proof that the game is no longer new since someone obviously played it (disregarding the fact the game case was opened alerady anyway).[/QUOTE]
Yea- that's nice to know. I saw the link, but didn't read it (as I thought it was just an explaination of the original worry everyone had).

[quote name='Wolfpup']Depends on whether or not the system works without it. The PSP and PS3 do, the GBA-SP/DS/3DS don't.

It turns out it's sealed, but doesn't APPEAR to actually be that hard to get at, to the point where the Japanese manual actually has instructions for it, I guess.

So then the issue is just whether you can use the system with it pulled. If you can't, then at some point in the future it becomes a paperweight. I don't want to invest thousands in a platform that'll be worthless to me years down the line...I SHOULD have skipped the Nintendo systems because of that, but idiotically have bought dozens if not hundreds of games for them. I should maybe just keep my DS stuff, and be done with the 3DS, I don't know...draw the line somewhere.[/QUOTE]
Despite the fact that batteries will be around for decades after you're done with the devices which makes the whole worry pretty darn silly....

Per Sony comments on the blog or somewhere else, can't remember.
The battery inside the PS Vita must be inside as it also powers the rear touchpad.
Perhaps it has extra contacts for the rear of the system.

[quote name='dallow']Despite the fact that batteries will be around for decades after you're done with the devices which makes the whole worry pretty darn silly....[/quote]

No they won't. At best they'd be available during the life of the system. And lithium ages.

The battery inside the PS Vita must be inside as it also powers the rear touchpad.
Perhaps it has extra contacts for the rear of the system.

Sorry, I'm not quite sure what you mean? I'm thinking you MIGHT be referencing claims that because of the rear touchpad, they couldn't make an externally accessible battery?

That's what I was told by a Sony VP, though he also mentioned so called "piracy" as a reason, which I promptly pointed out is nonsensical.

bread's done
Back