The Official Radio Shack Clearance Thread

JTHuffy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
I figured I'd make an official thread so we can have one with a first page that's actually updated. I'll try to keep this first page updated as much as possible, so keep posting all your finds so I can keep the prices up to date. Any help keeping this thread accurate is greatly appreciated. When reporting finds, please post what system each game is for so I can keep it as updated as possible. There are more in the old thread that don't specify which system, so I left those off this master list.

Clearly, because these are all clearances, they may not be available everywhere, and doubtful they will be restocked. The prices are generally universal, but seem to be slightly YMMV.

:360:
XBox 360 Elite System.....349.97 + free $50 gift card
260-1048 Wireless Headset.....17.97
Wired Controller.....14.97
26-1189 Call of Duty: World at War.....34.97
260-1015 Grand Theft Auto IV.....11.97
Guitar Hero III Bundle.....19.97
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith.....8.97
260-1076 Lego Indiana Jones.....5.97
260-1136 Madden 09....20.97
MLB 2k8.....5.97
NCAA Football 09.....17.97
260-1052 Ninja Gaiden II.....11.97
Rock Band Special Edition.....53.97
SoulCalibur IV.....19.97

:ps3:
Assassin's Creed.....9.97
26-1190 Call of Duty: World at War.....32.97
260-1053 Gran Turismo 5 Prologue.....9.97
260-1016 Grand Theft Auto IV.....11.97
260-1025 Guitar Hero 3 Bundle.....15.97
260-1110 Metal Gear Solid 4.....19.97
260-1066 MLB 2K8.....5.97
260-1134 NCAA Football 09.....11.97
260-0964 Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction.....9.97
260-0998 Rock Band Special Edition.....39.97
260-1081 Soul Calibur IV.....19.97

:wii:
Nunchuk.....16.97
Carnival Games.....19.97
Super Mario Galaxy.....19.97
Super Smash Bros. Melee.....19.97
Wario land shake it.....29.97

:ps2:
26-0819 PS2 System.....87.97
Logitech Action Wireless Controller.....11.97
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith.....8.97
Lego Indiana Jones.....14.97
260-1138 Madden 09 - 13.00 (old price)
NCAA Football 09.....7.97
260-0961 Shadow of the Colosuss....5.97

:ds:
Flash Focus.....3.97
Guitar Hero: On Tour.....8.97/14.97
260-0917 The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass....2.97
26-0915 Mario Kart DS.....17.97
Mario Party DS.....21.97
26-0916 New Super Mario Bros.....15.67
260-1098 Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Darkness.....6.97
260-1097 Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time.....6.97
260-0995 Professor Layton and the Curious Village.....19.97

:psp:
PSP 2001 System.....140.17
PSP Ratchet & Clank bundle.....139.97
PSP God of War bundle.....139.97
260-1095 God of War: Chains of Olympus.....7.97
Hot Shots Golf 2.....9.97

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up a wired 360 controller for $15 today, now I have 4 (as well as a pc controller!). I will bite on WaW if it hits $15.

FYI I just checked with an RS in SoCal and they told me that the only place that has GTA IV for 360 is Whittier....The one in Chino (next to the Walgreens off of Central) still had copies for PS3 though...

This is still going on I guess depending on store stock, as I hopped between a Gamcrazy and waiting for a pizza I went into Radio Shack and scored the XBOX360 ROCK BAND Bundle for $53.97! Thats a purdy good deal for this cheapass!:hot::hot:

[quote name='XeroKaizoku']FYI I just checked with an RS in SoCal and they told me that the only place that has GTA IV for 360 is Whittier....The one in Chino (next to the Walgreens off of Central) still had copies for PS3 though...[/QUOTE]

Was the godzilla looking rude lady there? They had a GT5 there about a month ago and when I went to purchase it she just yelled "we aint got no moe" before I even made it up to the counter. A asked her why it was on the shelf then and she said "dey told us to put it like dat" Luckily the girl working with her was nice and pleasant.

That's just plain stupid. Three times now at three different RS's I took a display copy to the front, found out they had no more, and then witnessed the employee put the copy back on the shelf. Do they have any brains whatsoever?!?!?!

saw the rock band complete band set for 69.97 already have but called my buddy right away he was there in 20 minutes and i held it for him. ended up buying a wire i needed not to look like a jerk. you cannot beat that price still $140 in any other store

Stopped by a Radioshack today in Pines mall on Pines Blvd. in South FL. They had four shovelware Wii games and that was it. The PS2 system was on clearance for $98.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']The PS2 memory card is being clearanced out at the starting price of $21.97 or something. The wireless logitech controller is now $11ish.[/quote]

$22 is considered clearance for a memory card?

I found GTA4 PS3 for 11.99 today.

I didn't realize that RS gutted their new games though. When I got GTA4 home I noticed that it looked like it had been re-shrink wrapped. I opened it up and found out that RS had put a security tag on the inside of the packaging. It was secured by super-sticky tape that was very hard to peel off the game case.

Are all RS games gutted, or did I just get unlucky?

I tried to purchase a GTA4 360, the guy brought it out from the back. It had no shrink wrap or seal, and the cover slip looked like it had been water damaged. The disc had fingerprints and a couple scratches on it. I suppose it was the display case, but how could they let the game get messed up like that?

I saw some games at the Radioshack on Mid Rivers (next to Target) in St. Peters, MO.

360:
GH: Aerosmith $11.97
Lego Indy (not sure of price)

PS3
GTAIV $30

[quote name='commandercody83']I saw some games at the Circuit City on Mid Rivers (next to Target) in St. Peters, MO.[/quote]
Circuit City?!!!

[quote name='Solori']I found GTA4 PS3 for 11.99 today.

I didn't realize that RS gutted their new games though. When I got GTA4 home I noticed that it looked like it had been re-shrink wrapped. I opened it up and found out that RS had put a security tag on the inside of the packaging. It was secured by super-sticky tape that was very hard to peel off the game case.

Are all RS games gutted, or did I just get unlucky?[/QUOTE]

I thought I saw "Display" copies at the Radio Shack near me (the case says "For display only" on it). That's why people have been reporting that when they went to purchase, brought up a case, and were told the game was no longer in stock (and more often then not the employee will put the display back on the shelf).

Another Radio Shack near me just puts out sealed games on the shelves.

[quote name='TehTriggerman']This is still going on I guess depending on store stock, as I hopped between a Gamcrazy and waiting for a pizza I went into Radio Shack and scored the XBOX360 ROCK BAND Bundle for $53.97! Thats a purdy good deal for this cheapass!:hot::hot:[/quote]
i am so jealous of you, i found one for the ps3 but i dont have a ps3

[quote name='Solori']I found GTA4 PS3 for 11.99 today.

Are all RS games gutted, or did I just get unlucky?[/quote]

Every GTA IV for ps3 I've seen has been like that at Radioshack.

Also, I went to one RS and they have COD 4 and I asked how much, dude said $11.xx! I was like great, I'll take it. Not only was the shrink wrap missing, the seal was broken and the disc was scratched all to hell. it had those weird circles on it too. I had to say no to that deal.

Finally found a store with Ninja Gaiden 2 today, but here's the kicker, clearance price was marked as $50.97. I probably should have had them ring it up to check or something, but it was actually fairly crowded for a Radio Shack. I may go back and check later.

o_O I must go check tomorrow. My local RS are usually empty and full of overpriced stuff. Hopefully they have ratchet and clank and WaW, Nazi zombies is fun :D

[quote name='joker______']found Call of Duty WaW for $23[/quote]

Can you guys post the system please. I believe he is talking about the ps3 version because that is what I saw it at.

Picked up Rock Band Special Edition $50 for the PS3.. hope that was a pretty good deal.. eBay says otherwise..

Also saw Guitar Hero 3 with the guitar for about $13 or $15 (can't remember which..)

I called 8 stores in my area, and only one carries video games at all and only Wii and DS at that. I was really hoping to nab MGS4 and R&C for my new PS3... :cry:

You guys aren't trying hard enough. You only have to call one Radioshack if you have the SKU posted in this thread. They can search the whole district and tell you where you can get it. If the store is too far away, sometimes that store will send it to your local store.

Got lucky and got Rock Band SE for 39 and Assians Creed for 11.47. GTA IV was still 29.99. This was in Fort Collins, CO and all games were for PS3.
RabidBunny

Decided to hit up the RS on Rainbow / Spring Mountain in Las Vegas, NV

They still have copies of GT4 for the 360 for 12.00 bucks .. but nothing else.

[quote name='shoe478']You guys aren't trying hard enough. You only have to call one Radioshack if you have the SKU posted in this thread. They can search the whole district and tell you where you can get it. If the store is too far away, sometimes that store will send it to your local store.[/quote]

I was told that Radioshack stores in Los Angeles county no longer carry video games, and whichever ones still have them only have Wii and DS and are phasing them out. Appears I'm out of luck.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Store near me has MGS4...wondering if I should bite now or test my luck for one more drop :) sometimes being a CAG sucks lol[/quote]

It has been $19.97 since before Christmas. If it does drop, it might just go down to $11.97 or something. Not worth waiting on and now lurkers know there is a copy in ** somewhere. They can call and get it sent to their local store.

[quote name='JTHuffy']I'll update the OP in a few days, I've got the bar exam Tues & Wed so I'm bogged down, just wanted to check in. Thanks a lot Shoe![/quote]

Did you decide not to keep this thread updated JT?

Also, I found the 360 Wireless Headset for $17.97.

[quote name='shoe478']It has been $19.97 since before Christmas. If it does drop, it might just go down to $11.97 or something. Not worth waiting on and now lurkers know there is a copy in ** somewhere. They can call and get it sent to their local store.[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up :) looks like im out early in the morning to pick it up. Also changed my location, so if you could can ya take out my state from the post?

I picked up a Logitech Action wireless controller (PS2) for $11.xx the other day from my local RS. They had two more. I may go back to pick up the other two. Not hoarding - I just like these controllers, but they don't last forever. I'm thinking about getting extras as inevitably needed replacements. They also have GH Aerosmith (PS2) for $8.xx. I didn't buy it. I may go back for that. It's not clear if they actually had it in stock though. It was on the shelf, but from past experience I know that doesn't necessarily mean they actually have it.

[quote name='RabidBunny']Got lucky and got Rock Band SE for 39 and Assians Creed for 11.47. GTA IV was still 29.99. This was in Fort Collins, CO and all games were for PS3.
RabidBunny[/quote]

Are you racist or what? :lol: just kidding...

Got Lego Indy (360) today for 5.97 along with Shadow of the Colossus, R&C: ToD (Last one!) and MLB2k8. Also, I am considering getting the last PS3 Rock Band: SE. I already have RB1 & 2 full band kits, but that price may be too good to pass up...

[quote name='shoe478']Did you decide not to keep this thread updated JT?

Also, I found the 360 Wireless Headset for $17.97.[/quote]

Nah, I just had a hectic few weeks, haven't spent as much time as I usually do on here. OP is now updated.

Everyone, if you can be more specific with your posts, it would be really helpful...try not to say $20 if it's $19.97, and most important...SPECIFY WHAT SYSTEM THE GAME IS FOR!!!

[quote name='crunchewy']I picked up a Logitech Action wireless controller (PS2) for $11.xx the other day from my local RS. They had two more. I may go back to pick up the other two. Not hoarding - I just like these controllers, but they don't last forever. I'm thinking about getting extras as inevitably needed replacements.[/quote]

I saw one of these at my RS and was thinking about picking it up, but what do you mean that they don't last long and need replacements?

Also picked up the last copy of Ratchet & Clank (PS3) for $11.97 for my bro. GTA4 was still 29.97.

all they hae at my radio shack is a rockband ps3 bundle which is 70 still waiting for it to drop down, a couple PS2's for 90, and a couple DS's for about 100

bread's done
Back