The Official Rockband availability thread

kevzik

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
I knew I should of went with an early amazon pre order.

Tried everywhere today and stores sold out quickly. From what I gathered, stores only recieved an average of 2-3 bundles...

So lets come together and post avalibilty, news of more coming in, tracker sites etc..

Btw...ebayers will only make this harder to get...the demand is crazy right now. Im honestly thinking about flipping at this rate, but I need to find one first.

Amazon/Preorders:

http://www.amazon.com/MTV-Games-Rock-Special-Edition/dp/B000TT4GBG/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1195614240&sr=8-1

Ps3
http://www.amazon.com/MTV-Games-Rock-Special-Edition/dp/B000TSX3TS/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1195614240&sr=8-3

Ps2

http://www.amazon.com/MTV-Games-Rock-Special-Edition/dp/B000WPYNJC/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1195614240&sr=8-2

EBStop - Preorder: ships 11/30

PS3

***WIll continue to update with more links/info

at least 1 (xbox 360) avail in virginia beach, va at the kmart of General Booth. They may have more in the back stock. They were hiding some psps back there for some reason.

I walked into my Kmart tonight to find a lady purchasing a rock band bundle. They had four more left(all were for the 360) and they had a ladder out, so I guess they were just getting put out. I picked up one and thought about getting a second one, but I could barely carry one box alone. It's huge!

I saw a whole stack of at least around ten or so sitting at the Best Buy in Delafield while I was picking up Mass Effect. I didn't check what system they were for though, since I'm not planning on picking it up anytime soon.

I don't know about now. but this morning at 10am, when i walked into the Wheaton, MD Best Buy, there were about the minimum of each bundle for each system based on what the Best Buy ad, had claimed.

I estimated about 18 Xbox versions (including 2 that were sold in my presence)
and about 10 or so PS3 versions.

I went to the Toys 'R Us near me to check out the BTGO sale on Wii games when to my surprise there was one single Rock Band near the counter. I asked if it was anybody's and they turned to me and said, "Nope...would you like to buy it?" I thought about it for about half a second and out came my credit card. I ended up getting 6 Wii games and Rock Band...what an expensive night lol. I think I'm probably going to sell it on eBay to make a few bucks to pay for the Wii Games though since I'm up to my ears in great games now (including Guitar Hero III for Wii which I got free from the deal).

I don't know if I just got lucky but I found one around 5:30 pm in the first place I looked, a Target (Redwood City). They had 3 Xbox 360 and 1 PS3. I wonder how many parents are going to buy the wrong one; they don't seem to be marked that clearly for people who aren't looking for the info.

Haven't tried it yet, can't wait.

[quote name='kevzik']I knew I should of went with an early amazon pre order.

[/quote]
Don't beat yourself up too much about not preordering early, I preordered mine at EB.com on 7/27 (4 months ago) and they backordered me and mine now has a pre release date of 11/30 with no gaurantee that I'll get it on that shipment. Slightly pissed.

Though I wouldn't recommend it, EB.com is taking reserves (like that word means anything to them) for it again for the 11/30 shipment:

PS3

Saw them at Target, Best Buy, Sams Club and a wal mart in my area tonight all after 6pm. BTW the ebay price are insane come on people really.

I did some early Christmas shopping for the first time in my life, and I saw the 360 bundle everywhere. Literally 2 at each store that I went to. And this is the DC Metro area where things usually sell out pretty quickly.

I'm not really sure that Rock Band is a flippable item. Just look at the prices on eBay at the moment. More than seventy five percent are being sold at a loss (within the last hour). Specifically, I see one auction going for fourty six dollars with only sixteen minutes left. Oh, and kudos to djkunai for not trying to assrape everyone on the price:applause:.

[quote name='scsg75']Don't beat yourself up too much about not preordering early, I preordered mine at EB.com on 7/27 (4 months ago) and they backordered me and mine now has a pre release date of 11/30 with no gaurantee that I'll get it on that shipment. Slightly pissed.

Though I wouldn't recommend it, EB.com is taking reserves (like that word means anything to them) for it again for the 11/30 shipment:

PS3[/quote]

Wow.. that sucks. kind of makes me feel bad. i preordered mine at gamestop on the 14th of this month and picked it up yesterday.

Oh FYE has them -- for $30 over retail. I called the FYE in Columbus, MS only to find they had 2 360 bundles -- for $199.99 with a $30 MIR. The kicker is they had the boxes stickered for $169.99 but didn't tell you about the MIR until you tried to checkout.

I politely told the associate what he could do with his MIR.

Is that even legal to sell items for above MSRP?

[quote name='DrHogie']Is that even legal to sell items for above MSRP?[/QUOTE]
Is this a real question? It's Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. It would be pretty silly to make a law against following the manufacturer's suggestion.

ive never had a problem with these. but the ps3 bunlde is definitely low since i guess very few demand for it. on wednesday i stopped by at the sears in rockaway, nj and they had at least 3 ps3 bundles and 6 or more 360 ones.

I was at a Best Buy on Black Friday that literally had over 30 Rock Band bundles in a huge display in the middle of the floor. I also spotted 1 at a CompUSA and 3 at a Micro Center.

I was home in the Metro Detroit area for Thanksgiving and should have looked harder, probably could have found one. Now that I'm back out in New Hampshire, no one has any. Sigh. Definitely should have pre-ordered.

I found four 360 bundles at the local Wal-Mart in St. Marys, PA. Actually took me a while because they didn't have them with the video games--instead they were on shelves over near the cameras/digital photo center thingy.

[quote name='edavis0780']I'm not really sure that Rock Band is a flippable item. Just look at the prices on eBay at the moment. More than seventy five percent are being sold at a loss (within the last hour). Specifically, I see one auction going for fourty six dollars with only sixteen minutes left. Oh, and kudos to djkunai for not trying to assrape everyone on the price:applause:.[/quote]

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that.

I thought I might be able to sell one on Ebay myself. Pretty much the only way you are going to make any money is selling to someone in Canada or over seas as they aren't available elsewhere right now for the most part.

I will say it seems like they were selling out again everywhere in my area this weeked. The BB had alot of them, but Target by me sold out, Walmart sold out, Gamestop ( both of them) sold out and everyone is sold out online. (I think all the online retailers shipped their stock to the B&M's for Black Friday). I wouldn't be suprised to see it sold out in stores by the end of the week completely, but available sporadically online. I also wouldn't be suprised to see retailers returning unsold stock to the publishers and having that stock shipped over seas.

if you live in the houston area, the best buy in college station has about 10 copies for ps3 and 360 each. they over ordered big time.

bread's done
Back