The Official Sony Rewards Thread (v2) - Earn points for sony and PSN purchases, ticket stubs, movie trailers

That's too bad. I was able to gain 1K points using the given instructions from the 1st page. Redeemed $10 SEN fund then got the PS card and got another 5K points. Enough to pre-order GTAV from PSN. I also got 12 months PS+ from it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Note: movie registration codes have become unique to each disc copy, so codes have become one use. The list contained in the OP is still valid, however.

If you link your PSN account to sony rewards, you get 100 points. You get 5x on your first PSN purchase after linking and you also get 250 bonus points if you buy a 12 month PS+ subscription. You then get 1x  on PSN purchases regardless of whether you're a card holder.

From now until November 12th you can get 100 bonus points for linking your PSN tag to your Sony Rewards account.

Ah nice. You're already ontop of this.

Wait I also linked my Sony Rewards Account to my "old account" and didn't see the 100 points posted... Are we only given 100 points if we create a new PSN account?!

So wait... If I buy a 10 dollar game with PSN credit then i'll get back 50 points after linking??

This is terrible. It used to be 10x per one dollar if you use your PlayStation card to buy something off the store.

This is terrible. It used to be 10x per one dollar if you use your PlayStation card to buy something off the store.
I just check my Playstation card and I'm still getting 10x for PSN purchases, 3x for cell phone and quick service eats. 3x at sony.com, sony store and autorized retailers. This is point for psn purchases for those who didn't have a sony/playstation cards.

I just check my Playstation card and I'm still getting 10x for PSN purchases, 3x for cell phone and quick service eats. 3x at sony.com, sony store and autorized retailers. This is point for psn purchases for those who didn't have a sony/playstation cards.
PlayStation Blog stated that actually PlayStation credit card users will get 11x points (so 11% back) now, meaning the regular 10% plus the additional 1% if you link your PSN account to your SR account.

Stupid question, but did the blu ray/DVD registration limits change?

Usually, it's 3 a day, no more than 10 a month. I've only done 3 for November, and it already says I'm at my limit. What gives?

Stupid question, but did the blu ray/DVD registration limits change?

Usually, it's 3 a day, no more than 10 a month. I've only done 3 for November, and it already says I'm at my limit. What gives?
You have to keep trying every 3-5 days

The limit isn't per calendar month -- it'll reset some time during the month (for me it resets around the middle of the month)

Well, I'm sad to report that this thread may be dead. With DVD/Blu-rays now having unique registration codes and no trailer/ticket offers for a while, looks like they're going to a strictly purchase based rewards system besides the daily wheel of fortune points. The WOF alone isn't a reason to update this thread (as I've not been doing it). The DVD/Blu-rays in the OP are still valid though, so keep using those if you're not caught up.

I've thought about getting the PlayStation Credit Card several times, but I keep seeing reports about how the rewards have a limit on how many times you can redeem them.  PSN store credit is the only reward I'd be interested in, so if there's a lifetime maximum of like $80 you can earn then I won't bother.  What's the latest info on this?

Also, just to clarify, the 10% off on PSN purchases I've heard about is really just 10x reward points, right?  It's not a straight discount when you make the purchase?

I've thought about getting the PlayStation Credit Card several times, but I keep seeing reports about how the rewards have a limit on how many times you can redeem them. PSN store credit is the only reward I'd be interested in, so if there's a lifetime maximum of like $80 you can earn then I won't bother. What's the latest info on this?

Also, just to clarify, the 10% off on PSN purchases I've heard about is really just 10x reward points, right? It's not a straight discount when you make the purchase?
Lately there doesn't seem to be a limit to the number of times you can redeem your Sony Rewards points for PSN codes, but I also haven't redeemed for $10 codes all that much recently either. You can also redeem your SR points for other things, like digital downloads of PSN games, PS+ subscriptions, physical PS4/PS3/Vita/PSP games, and accessories. You can also redeem your SR points on the Sony Store website, in addition to the regular Sony Rewards website.

The 10% you get back for purchasing PSN content with your PlayStation credit card is earned every month when your CapitalOne statement comes in (auto-adds to your SR account in the form of SR points, once you've linked the card to your SR account). If you also link your PSN/SEN account to your SR account, you'll get that extra 1% back. The 1% back also comes in SR points, but usually posts to your SR account within a week of a purchase on PSN.

A quick example of math here, say you purchase $100 worth of PSN stuff, you'll get 11% back if you've linked your PSN/SEN account and used your PlayStation credit card....meaning you'll get 1100 points (equal to $11.00). You can also earn points with the DVD/Blu-ray registrations, so roughly $10-$20 extra.

If you've linked your PlayStation card to your SR account, you'll get extra points for each DVD/Blu-ray registered, so register discs after you've link the card for the most extra points. Recently, it seems that Sony limited number of times you can register discs per month (about 10 per month), but another poster on another SR thread said he just registered more than 10 discs within a few weeks, so that limit might have changed. Usually I just registered 3 discs every 11 days, just to stay safe.

Finally took the plunge and applied for the card.  I thought I had missed out on the $50 PSN credit + 1 year PSplus offer, but by clicking through an old email link I still got it.  

Ha, so between this and Black Friday sales I've got PS+ for way longer than I expected.  Gives me more excuses to use this card on PSN purchases, so I can certainly live with that.  :whistle2:

Also I think this cements that I'll go with PS4 when I upgrade to a next-gen system.  I've been a multi-console guy for a while now so I didn't really have a horse in that race, but Sony's done a great job of making PS+ really attractive.  While lack of backward compatibility for both new consoles was upsetting to me, PS+ at least makes me feel like I have some investment in the platform, whereas with Xbox One I feel like I'd be starting back at ground zero.  I still don't consider it an urgent purchase, but that's the beauty of how PS+ works.  O:)

So how can I tell if my new PlayStation Card is linked to Sony Rewards?  I've been instructed to link the card to my Sony Rewards account, but I can't find the option to actually do that.  When I click the "PlayStation Card" link under my account options, it just tells me about the card.

My PSN user name shows up on the site, so I know I've got that part linked correctly at least.

As of 3/6/14 they added a $5 PSN Credit Reward to the Sony Rewards catalog for 500 points. You can get 250 points for trying out the Robocop game and sharing it and 250 points for doing the same with the Spiderman 2 game. Just click on the Sony Rewards icon on both to earn your points. You can them redeem for the $5 credit just like that. Link below is for the 2 point earning opportunities.

http://www.theamazingspiderman.co...lessswing/

http://www.omnicorp.com/calibration/

Sweet!  Played both games and got the 500 points, which I used to order a $5 PSN code.  Will the code arrive as a physical card or will I get an email with the digital code?

They are still only giving 1 point for the Blu Ray codes.

Also the Carrie promo is dead.

They are still only giving 1 point for the Blu Ray codes.

Also the Carrie promo is dead.
OP hadn't been updated in a long time due to low traffic. I updated it.

Here's the current live promotions:

Get 500 bonus points for pre-ordering Infamous Second Son at gamestop by 3/20.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/infamous-second-son/109954?srspot=4_2_2_3&srbnr=SZHVTY7Q

200 points per Pompeii Ticket Stub, up to 400 points.

http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/earn/movie_tickets/index/step1

250 points for playing and sharing Robocop Calibration game.

250 points for playing and sharing Spiderman Endless Swing game.

http://www.theamazingspiderman.com/game/endlessswing/

OP hadn't been updated in a long time due to low traffic. I updated it.

Here's the current live promotions:

Get 500 bonus points for pre-ordering Infamous Second Son at gamestop by 3/20.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/infamous-second-son/109954?srspot=4_2_2_3&srbnr=SZHVTY7Q

200 points per Pompeii Ticket Stub, up to 400 points.

http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/earn/movie_tickets/index/step1

250 points for playing and sharing Robocop Calibration game.

250 points for playing and sharing Spiderman Endless Swing game.

http://www.theamazingspiderman.com/game/endlessswing/
Thanks!

They were giving points for RoboCop ticket stubs, not sure if they still are. I didn't know about Sony Rewards until recently, and unfortunately threw away my RoboCop stubs. I'll be sure to save ticket stubs for any future Sony owned movies though!

Disc registration codes in OP are giving proper point totals again.

This is like finding a $20 bill!  Thanks OP.

It's going to take me a month to redeem all of these...

Thanks!

They were giving points for RoboCop ticket stubs, not sure if they still are. I didn't know about Sony Rewards until recently, and unfortunately threw away my RoboCop stubs. I'll be sure to save ticket stubs for any future Sony owned movies though!
Pompeii is the only available movie in the dropdown right now.

This is like finding a $20 bill! Thanks OP.

They limit you to three a day, 10 per 30 day sliding window unless they lifted that restriction.

This is like finding a $20 bill! Thanks OP.

Monty Python is still 1pt in my transaction history, so it's not retroactive for sure.

Anyone else getting 15/30 pts again?

Pompeii is the only available movie in the dropdown right now.

They limit you to three a day, 10 per 30 day sliding window unless they lifted that restriction.
10 per 30 day - that part blows. find out in a couple days (forgot this weekend).

Note: I am a card holder - maybe they only fixed the point totals for that audience.

Update: 10 per 30 day is still in place. Boo.

Moneyball and The Vow Blu-Ray codes are the same.  Moneyball code registers as The Vow -- anyone have another Moneyball code?

Thanks OP for the thread and keeping it updated!

Moneyball and The Vow Blu-Ray codes are the same. Moneyball code registers as The Vow -- anyone have another Moneyball code?

Thanks OP for the thread and keeping it updated!
Enter the code a 2nd time, should work.

Also, how are you not getting 1 point each for these?

It seems that points for free is well and truly dead. Sony is discontinuing points for the wheel of fortune game in August.

Hey Wheel Watcher,

If you've been tuning in to Wheel at any time during our 31-plus years, you know that we're big on "better." So in an effort to give you a more rewarding Wheel Watchers Club experience, we're switching things up. To start, as of August 5, 2014 you can no longer earn Sony Rewards Points in the Wheel Watchers Club. We need to make room for more spin-errific perks.

This small change won't affect your personal SPIN ID in any way. As always, you have the chance to win $5,000 cash every weeknight … even through the summer months with $5K Every Day! Just tune in.

You can continue earning Sony Rewards Points with Wheel until August 5, 2014. After that, you can still play the Bonus Round Puzzle, but until we announce the new rewards you'll be playing for bragging rights only. If you have any additional questions, please visit our FAQs.

Thanks for watching!
The Wheel Watchers Club Team

How long does it take the PSN credits to arrive after you cash out on SR's site? It used to be instantaneous, or nearly so, but this time I cashed out at around 5:30pm and it's now 8:30pm and no PSN money.

How long does it take the PSN credits to arrive after you cash out on SR's site? It used to be instantaneous, or nearly so, but this time I cashed out at around 5:30pm and it's now 8:30pm and no PSN money.
Do you have a Sony card attached to the account? Ive always wondered if that influenced the speed.

I say this because its never been anything other than instantaneous. I bought a $10 card (350 in points, $6.50 out of pocket) about 4:45pm today. Not only was I emailed, but I had a link to the download code come up on my screen after placing the order.

bread's done
Back