The Official Square/Enix Members Info Thread (work in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be cool too if Square Enix-offers a choice on the rewards, but I think that's wishful thinking. I'm just glad it's finally over. Hopefully cags won't riot when SE announces that the ultimate prize is an exclusive invitation to the re-launch of FFXIV online with a virtual pet moogle :p .

Sadly, you need to have an account in order to check to see if the code has been used or not. There's a confirmation page though, so it won't be applied unless you continue.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Yeah, that was this fella.

He also asked for permission from the manager, was simply trying to trade for other codes/sell extras, and he's being shot on sight!

Nice guy, but did anybody get a PM from him saying that he'll trade codes for a PS3?[/QUOTE]

Well, I think there was more to it than that. I remember that name coming up for discussion in the mod forum and I don't remember it having anything to do with here.

In any case, it seems like you guys disagree with that decision? The only reason I made my last post because someone brought it to the attention of the mods by reporting it yesterday - so clearly there are mixed feeling about it here on CAG. My solution was to suggest everyone stop talking about it so it doesn't derail the thread. In that sense it was "pointless". I did that instead of deleting everything which is the way that sort of thing is usually handled but I know that sometimes upsets people too.

I was surprised no other mod had done anything about it because I got to it kind of late. So I guess he's lucky it was me and not another mod ;).

As for SE announcing the prize, all I'm saying is there's no reason they have to do it now, regardless of how quickly Nintendo did it or how SE did it in advance last year. We'll see I guess.

[quote name='apolloimburning']it appears the member site is down again, maybe an update soon?[/QUOTE]They said they were doing maintenance from midnight to 3 AM (PDT).

I guess now we just wait until next week to (hopefully) hear what prizes are.

Also, seems you keep your current tier. I just checked & my current points say "0 Pts. (in 2011)" even though I'm still Ultimate. Though I don't see the point, as the only thing a tier is good for is earning prizes and nothing else.

Like I said earlier, I think SE got spurned by announcing the prizes earlier last year. By saying "free iPod" before the period ended, they opened the floodgates for people who didn't really earn ultimate. They'd be stupid to do that again, I honestly think they won't announce the prizes for at least a month.

[quote name='Doomstink']Like I said earlier, I think SE got spurned by announcing the prizes earlier last year. By saying "free iPod" before the period ended, they opened the floodgates for people who didn't really earn ultimate. They'd be stupid to do that again, I honestly think they won't announce the prizes for at least a month.[/QUOTE]

You're probably right.

But any thoughts I had of a super-duper-awesome prize stopped when SE cut the requirement for Ultimate from 1960 to 1000. I'm not saying people can't dream of free 3DSs and PSPs, but I'd be (pleasantly) shocked if that happened.

Well Nintendo sent out a nice package for certain people who brought a lot of games.. I won't be shock if Square Enix send out something unannounced at some point for people who got Ultimate 2-3 years in a role.

[quote name='Doomstink']Like I said earlier, I think SE got spurned by announcing the prizes earlier last year. By saying "free iPod" before the period ended, they opened the floodgates for people who didn't really earn ultimate. They'd be stupid to do that again, I honestly think they won't announce the prizes for at least a month.[/QUOTE]

What I find curious is that the SE blog isn't making mention of any prizes as of yet. Hopefully an annoucement will be soon, since we are in a new year...

But I guess April 1st would not be the best date to make this kind of annoucement...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='62t']Well Nintendo sent out a nice package for certain people who brought a lot of games.. I won't be shock if Square Enix send out something unannounced at some point for people who got Ultimate 2-3 years in a role.[/QUOTE]

Nintendo sent what to who, when, and under what conditions? You referring to the figurine last year or something else?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Zonic505']
Also, seems you keep your current tier. I just checked & my current points say "0 Pts. (in 2011)" even though I'm still Ultimate. Though I don't see the point, as the only thing a tier is good for is earning prizes and nothing else.[/QUOTE]

Yes, and it makes it pretty annoying if you are using the same account to build up for the following year because you can't tell where you are at very easily. I guess you keep your status for the message boards and such as a "badge of honor". But I've never even posted there ;).

I ended up making a second account for my wife for this year partly because of that but mostly because of the original super-high limit for platinum. Once they changed it back down to 1000 I could have used my original account but at that point it was too late as I had already registered several games on hers. I will probably go back ot using mine for the upcoming year. But it all depends on what sort of prize we get. If it is super-lame I won't even worry about doing it at all next year.

[quote name='nixmahn']Nintendo sent what to who, when, and under what conditions? You referring to the figurine or something else?[/QUOTE]

They sent out packages with Wii Remotes and Wii Party to certain special people who either earned or spent some huge amount of coins (WAY above the minimums for Platinum). It seems like it is around 4000 coins or so, whereas the minimum to have gotten platinum each year (including the current club year that ends this summer) is only 1800. I'm only around 1500 myself since I "bank" my surveys and such so that I can use them in later years to reach platinum. I buy a lot of Nintendo stuff, but not as much as some of those crazy people (in order to have 4000 coins reg'd already).

[quote name='io']They sent out packages with Wii Remotes and Wii Party to certain special people who either earned or spent some huge amount of coins (WAY above the minimums for Platinum). It seems like it is around 4000 coins or so, whereas the minimum to have gotten platinum each year (including the current club year that ends this summer) is only 1800. I'm only around 1500 myself since I "bank" my surveys and such so that I can use them in later years to reach platinum. I buy a lot of Nintendo stuff, but not as much as some of those crazy people (in order to have 4000 coins reg'd already).[/QUOTE]

When was this? Was this recent and is there any way of knowing when they will this this type of stuff or is it just on the fly?

^^ To be 100% safe I'd just wait a few weeks. I mean, there's no hurry, right?

[quote name='nixmahn']When was this? Was this recent and is there any way of knowing when they will this this type of stuff or is it just on the fly?[/QUOTE]

People have gotten them the last few days and no, they didn't know they were coming. Check out the Club Nintendo thread for all the details. It isn't entirely clear who's getting them, but it seems like the big redeemers/spenders only.

Yeah, it should be fine. Last year, I entered a few codes on April 1st & they counted for the 2010 year. Though if you want to be safe, you can wait a week.

I went ahead and registered the six games I was holding on to. It added the points under the new year (2011). Six games gave me 300 points and put my tier at Silver (though I'm still currently Ultimate from the just ended 2010 year).

[quote name='apolloimburning']I went ahead and registered the six games I was holding on to. It added the points under the new year (2011). Six games gave me 300 points and put my tier at Silver (though I'm still currently Ultimate from the just ended 2010 year).[/QUOTE]

300 for Silver?

looks like the same scale as the adjusted last year. You'll hit gold at 750 or so... and ultimate at 1000 again.

hmm... there were alot of games pushed back though.

It might be a while until we know how many points are actually needed for each tier, seeing as S-E might not know all the games they'll be releasing this fiscal/reward year.

nice work! maybe make a second post that you can reserve for future use or to split up the main post. i did not post there so i dont take that spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back