The Official Square/Enix Members Info Thread (Year 2012-13)

[quote name='JoeCamNet']This worries me. I've registered pretty much every game there is to register that isn't a PC game and I'm only at 660 points for this year after Ultimate the past two.
I REALLY hope they lower the totals required to be an Ultimate member this year. I'll be pretty annoyed if I miss out on what might be an awesome FFIV art piece because Square expects me to buy their games on 3 different platforms.[/QUOTE]

Of course they expect you to buy the same game on all 3 platforms. it's SE.

4 codes more to go! :)
i got 3ds Zelda nintendocode for trade, if anyone's interested,

man, these next few weeks are ganna be hell XD

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Bencherstyle']man, these next few weeks are ganna be hell XD[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it. I'm still at 280points. I'm not even gonna hit silver at this rate.

[quote name='Bencherstyle']4 codes more to go! :)
i got 3ds Zelda nintendocode for trade, if anyone's interested,

man, these next few weeks are ganna be hell XD[/QUOTE]

In the same spot. 4 more to go. Got a few console games left plus all the PC titles to go. I don't buy PC games though.

I'm currently at 980 points and have 11 games available to register yet.

How else can you earn points? I'm totally new to the program and can't find info on the site as most of it is still broken.

There tends to be promotional/event/survey offers that pop up throughout the year. None are available at the moment aside from the Figure + FFXIII-2 deal that I'm aware of, and that one is pretty far above what you need.

If you aren't able to get at least 20 points from them, that signup bonus value of 30points is basically worthless.

Also, congrats on nearly reaching Plat!

[quote name='RabbitSuit']There tends to be promotional/event/survey offers that pop up throughout the year. None are available at the moment aside from the Figure + FFXIII-2 deal that I'm aware of, and that one is pretty far above what you need.

If you aren't able to get at least 20 points from them, that signup bonus value of 30points is basically worthless.

Also, congrats on nearly reaching Plat![/QUOTE]

Thank you! I had a ton of games I never registered. I never even knew the program existed until I read about it here.

The program does seem useless without being able to spend points such as with Club Nintendo. And with CL they generally have 2,500 points available each year. With SE it seems you can't possibly hit platinum each year even if you buy every game released.

As far as the bonus 30, that was pointless for me. I'm sitting on nearly a dozen unregistered codes and only need 20 points now.

Finally figured out how to register, I'm up to 980 points...guess I can pick up FF13 used on the cheap to get me over :)

Also does anyone have a link to the page where you can add an address? I keep looking and I get bounced around from 'maintenance' page to 'maintenance' page

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Finally figured out how to register, I'm up to 980 points...guess I can pick up FF13 used on the cheap to get me over :)

*Edit*

I have an extra code for 3rd Birthday PSP and Dissidia 012 PSP
I'd trade for codes for any of the newer PS3/360 games or Final Fantasy 13 360 :) PM if interested

Also does anyone have a link to the page where you can add an address? I keep looking and I get bounced around from 'maintenance' page to 'maintenance' page[/QUOTE]

PM coming.

[quote name='MDRaph']Yes, but i bought it at 3 am on the 11/11/11, day of the sale start! I was only able to get pts recently since page was down[/QUOTE]

WOW, I didn't realize you're the OP, lol.

I managed to hit Ultimate. Thanks everyone I traded with.

[quote name='Bencherstyle']:)

EDIT: and i'm done. hit gold, and i'm content! good luck to the others![/QUOTE]
can easily buy some codes from me to hit ultimate, then be better then content ;)

I finally logged in to my account and checked my member points page. It says that I'm already ultimate tier and that "You've reached the maximum tier." But I never registered any games this year. It says my current point in 2011 is 70 points.

Is this normal? I was ultimate tier last year so I'm assuming that is what they are showing.

Just hit Silver, thanks to Bencherstyle. 10 more to go and I should be set.

[quote name='backseatdog']I finally logged in to my account and checked my member points page. It says that I'm already ultimate tier and that "You've reached the maximum tier." But I never registered any games this year. It says my current point in 2011 is 70 points.

Is this normal? I was ultimate tier last year so I'm assuming that is what they are showing.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's exactly what you're assuming. You're only 70 in for the year and your reward will be based on that. It lists the previous tier as your member status, because the status is supposed to last for two years. During that time you reap the member benefits of that rank (which is absolute zero to us; aside from some bronze avatar items). A foreign version of the program has a raffle to be a part of the KH: Dream Drop press release party and small stuff throughout the year.

There's also supposedly a discount offered to platinum members on all things from their website some CAGs mentioned, but I've never seen it venturing around it.

Us, nada.

Rabbit, you have me a bit confused.

Are you saying whatever rank you have is for two years? That you do not need 1000 points per year?

[quote name='Romeo']Rabbit, you have me a bit confused.

Are you saying whatever rank you have is for two years? That you do not need 1000 points per year?[/QUOTE]

If just being an "ultimate" member is your goal, yes. If you registered and hit a certain rank, you'll keep that rank for two years. The concept is that you'll receive (nonexistent) member benefits on their website for two years.

But you only get rewards based on the year the points are added. You'll be an ultimate member for two years, but you'd only qualify for the year-end rewards of one.

Small Example

'10 I had 1080 and hit that year's platinum status.
I became an ultimate member and got the reward for platinum.
'11 I have 520 and hit that year's silver status.
I'm still an ultimate member, because member status lasts two years.

I will get the reward for silver, since that's my year's point status.​

I'm saved ! I was able to put my hand on a PS3 Greatest hit version of FFXIII so i can confirm they have different code (hadded them to the OP) and that put me to 1020pts ! YAY

[quote name='MDRaph']I'm saved ! I was able to put my hand on a PS3 Greatest hit version of FFXIII so i can confirm they have different code (hadded them to the OP) and that put me to 1020pts ! YAY[/QUOTE]

What was the number on the bottom corner of the registration card?

[quote name='Arakias']What was the number on the bottom corner of the registration card?[/QUOTE]

Same as the reg edition + GH at the end for PS3 (and i assume its PH for 360 since they are called Platinum hit, but i'm not sure)
so,
91001GH (ps3)
91002PH (360, not sure about PH)

That is a nice find, because of that, might be able to have a chance at getting to ultimate next year. Just is total BS that you're expected to buy the same game over and over again

SE custumer service is sooo great !

Contact Time:
03/02/2012 08:00

Details:
Thank you for contacting the SQUARE ENIX Support Center.
This email has been sent to notify you that your ticket was received and will be responded to within 2 business days (48 hours) of receipt.

We appreciate your patience and apologize for the delay in responding to your ticket directly.

If your issue has already been resolved and you are no longer in need of support, the URL below will provide you with a "Cancel Ticket" option to close your open ticket.

03/11/12 and still waiting....

[quote name='MDRaph']SE custumer service is sooo great !

Contact Time:
03/02/2012 08:00

Details:
Thank you for contacting the SQUARE ENIX Support Center.
This email has been sent to notify you that your ticket was received and will be responded to within 2 business days (48 hours) of receipt.

We appreciate your patience and apologize for the delay in responding to your ticket directly.

If your issue has already been resolved and you are no longer in need of support, the URL below will provide you with a "Cancel Ticket" option to close your open ticket.

03/11/12 and still waiting....[/QUOTE]

what was the question if you don't mind me asking? I've had problems with them answering and never answering before. So it might be a never answer question

Was feeling hopeless about reaching Platinum this year, but nearly gold now and still have 20days. Kinda sad a few pickups from Amazon didn't have the codes with'em, but they were used and it was just a simple crapshoot.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Was feeling hopeless about reaching Platinum this year, but nearly gold now and still have 20days. Kinda sad a few pickups from Amazon didn't have the codes with'em, but they were used and it was just a simple crapshoot.[/QUOTE]

well if you do need codes, just look at my trading code post and maybe you might see something you need, just gotta have anything that it lists I would want.. guides/games/amazon gc/skylander figures

[quote name='josb101']what was the question if you don't mind me asking? I've had problems with them answering and never answering before. So it might be a never answer question[/QUOTE]

Asked them y i received 50pts from FFXI when i was suposed to get 111, to know if i ordered too late or if they will be added later or if they screwed up

I wonder if they'll have a bronze reward this year. Considering I registered a ton of games for last year, it was a lot harder getting new games for this year. If I can get just 1 more game, then I can hit silver & I'll have to be content with that.

Do we have any confirmation that the FFXIII platinum hits for 360 comes with a different code than the FFXIII regular version?

still don't know yet, but how about any other SE game? Have any of them become greatest/platinum hits yet? Or has FFXIII been the only one?

I registered a good 20 games and am ultimate now.

For verification, I should hold my other 12 games or so until April, when the period resets? Or do I have to wait until 2013?

I would've never thought that the GH/PH versions have different codes. That's more codes for us to register. It's good too since those versions are usually cheap to buy new.

[quote name='josb101']still don't know yet, but how about any other SE game? Have any of them become greatest/platinum hits yet? Or has FFXIII been the only one?[/QUOTE]

The only other game I could think of right now is Dissidia. Anyone want to confirm that code?

[quote name='MDRaph']Asked them y i received 50pts from FFXI when i was suposed to get 111, to know if i ordered too late or if they will be added later or if they screwed up[/QUOTE]

When I registered the code, I got 111 points right away. My guess is that you ordered it too late since there were limited codes available. But it doesn't hurt to keep on asking SE what happened.

[quote name='Romeo']I registered a good 20 games and am ultimate now.

For verification, I should hold my other 12 games or so until April, when the period resets? Or do I have to wait until 2013?[/QUOTE]

If you want the physical rewards you can start putting in new codes in April. The retaining your status for 2 years thing is completely worthless as it only applies to the website.

[quote name='conkwe']I would've never thought that the GH/PH versions have different codes. That's more codes for us to register. It's good too since those versions are usually cheap to buy new.

The only other game I could think of right now is Dissidia. Anyone want to confirm that code?

When I registered the code, I got 111 points right away. My guess is that you ordered it too late since there were limited codes available. But it doesn't hurt to keep on asking SE what happened.[/QUOTE]

When did you order ? i ordered like 3h after the promotion started.

[quote name='MDRaph']When did you order ? i ordered like 3h after the promotion started.[/QUOTE]

I ordered a few hours after it started too. Yeah, you probably should've gotten all the points. Bug the hell out of SE until they give you your points. :)

[quote name='jling84']Woohoo hit platinum today. I hope they give that FF4 plaque thingy.[/QUOTE]

I hope they don't give that. I already have one. :) Besides, I want something new.

I'd like picking up that new plaque, but have to agree with josb here. Would love to pick up something like the Apple iPod touch they handed out the first year. A SquareEnix DSi or PSP would be ideal.

Oh, kinda off topic, but does anybody know if we're getting the special edition 3DS for Kingdom Hearts - DD? They were talking a bit about it on the Jpn website.

I'm pretty certain they will never give anything like the iPod again, unless somehow they catch fire with some new IP and it sells even more than CoD. I still can't believe they gave out that iPod, I love using mine.

But I could also see them not giving the FF4 plaque this year. The Lightning plaque for last year was fitting because it promoted FFXIII-2 while also promoting FFXIII which wasn't completely old at the time. I just hope it's not something promoting that crappy Sleeping Dogs game, like a Sleeping Dogs plaque or something.

Also I don't think we've ever gotten an limited edition console from square enix in the US, so there's pretty much no chance we are seeing that KH 3DS here.

That's a good point. The FF4 art plate doesn't really hype anything at this point. Maybe we'll see something that's regarding the 25th and 10th anniversaries instead.

And well, we were lucky enough to snag the Birth By Sleep Limited Edition PSP bundle not too long ago. I'm crossing my fingers we'll be able to get more of that in the near future.

But that Birth By Sleep PSP wasn't actually the limited edition if I remember correctly. It just came with a decal for the KH symbols on the back of the system. We never got real LE consoles like the FF7 Crisis Core one or the Dissidia one. I know because I actually travelled to Japan and bought them.

Wait...wait, the KH: BBS PSP bundle was just the Silver PSP with stickers inside to put on the back of it?

Are you fucking serious? That... I have no idea why I'm so upset right now since it doesn't really affect me, but damn that's infuriating.
Ah, now I remember why. Gamer entitlement.

That's really discouraging.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Wait...wait, the KH: BBS PSP bundle was just the Silver PSP with stickers inside to put on the back of it?

Are you fucking serious? That... I have no idea why I'm so upset right now since it doesn't really affect me, but damn that's infuriating.
Ah, now I remember why. Gamer entitlement.

That's really discouraging.[/QUOTE]

Yep! it was only sticker :p and they actually gave the same sticker as preorder bonus!

I found this on the Square Enix Memeber FAQ page
So even if you redeem Point Cards from 20 games in one year, we may have a cap at 18 games, based on the number of games we've released that year. You will still earn Points for those other two games, but they will not count toward advancing to the next Tier.
Did this happen to anyone?

I signed up for Square Enix Member earlier this month, and I was planning to register exactly 20 games to become an Ultimate member :cry: Right now I have 15 games registered, I hope I can reach 1000 points...

[quote name='zero0pine00']I found this on the Square Enix Memeber FAQ page

Did this happen to anyone?

I signed up for Square Enix Member earlier this month, and I was planning to register exactly 20 games to become an Ultimate member :cry: Right now I have 15 games registered, I hope I can reach 1000 points...[/QUOTE]

That happened last year, actually. The cap was above 1,000 and they altered the tiers to 1,000 because the smaller pool of available games. It was practically impossible for accounts that had ultimate-status to get it again.

[quote name='pete5883']So wait, if you can only register 18 games in a year, how do you ever get to 1000?[/QUOTE]

you can enter as much as you want in the year. As of right now its 20 games or 1000 points to hit the ultimate status. Next year, who knows.. But most likely 1000 again

[quote name='josb101']you can enter as much as you want in the year. As of right now its 20 games or 1000 points to hit the ultimate status. Next year, who knows.. But most likely 1000 again[/QUOTE]

Has SE released 20 games in one year, NOT including the same game on several consoles...?!

New email:

REGISTER YOUR SQUARE ENIX GAMES TODAY AND GET READY TO CLAIM YOUR YEAR END REWARDS!

Hello SQUARE ENIX MEMBERS!

Did you purchase any Square Enix games recently? When you opened any one of these great games did you run into the following card:

***********(This space just showed a picture of a blank square enix registration card)**************

By entering the serial code listed on this card, you earned SQUARE ENIX MEMBERS points that when added up with all the games you bought from SQUARE ENIX between April 1, 2011 and March 31, 2012 could make you eligible to receive one of our highly-coveted year end rewards!

As a SQUARE ENIX MEMBER, you have just a few more weeks to enter your product registration serial codes, earn points, and reach either the silver, gold, or platinum reward tiers.

The submission period ends March 31, 2012 so don't delay, and get those codes in!

© 2012 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All rights reserved. SQUARE ENIX and the SQUARE ENIX logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Square Enix Group. The ESRB rating icon is a registered trademark of the Entertainment Software Association.

This email was sent by SQUARE ENIX INC. 999 N. Sepulveda Blvd. #3 El Segundo, CA 90245

You are receiving correspondence from Square Enix, Inc. because you have indicated you wish to do so in your account settings for SQUARE ENIX MEMBERS. If you no longer wish to receive messages from Square Enix, Inc., please update your subscription preferences in the SQUARE ENIX MEMBERS Account Center.

bread's done
Back