The Official Square/Enix Members Info Thread (Year 2012-13)

[quote name='Jommy']I already submitted my form for the year. Can I still register more games and have them count? I'm just worried that my 1,010 pts for the year wont be enough for Ultimate.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mimetic']Okay! I submitted for 1005 points. Hope requirement isn't like 1100 or something...[/QUOTE]

Did both of you register around 20 games or did you magically have 1000 points for no reason?

Now that their website doesn't show registration history, I have no easy way to check. I got 655 points somehow since last year, and registered 7 games over the last couple days. I don't remember how I got to 655.

No clue how it got under the TV cabinet. Not like you can play 3DS games on a television. Would be nice despite the bad scaling though.

And remember everyone, the year ends on the 31st. Got to get those points in to whatever the hell the amount is by the end of it!

That's awesome. Strange how we have two different dates though. The form says games need to be registered by the 31st of March, but the update says April 19th. The form also states that we have until the 19th to make sure our addresses are updated and correct.

Best to have it all by the 31st to be safe.

a92853ef3f3b8500a77e49548600ed03.jpg

I pretty much just want those Space Invaders playing cards. Glad I was able to get the last two codes needed to pass 500 points. That acrylic print is cool, but not worth the trouble of getting a ton more codes.

IDK, kinda like the acrylic print art. But not knowing the size, and I still haven't seen point amounts for the tiers. Has anyone else seen the amounts posted? Or does it say what we are at now? Gonna look after posting, but yeah..

Kind of disappointing, but the acrylic print may look a lot better in real life than in a flat 2D image. To give you a sense of scale, it shows the print next to a backpack that is the Gold Tier prize on their website. It looks to be a decent size. Funny how the lowest tier items are the most interesting to me.

Blog thing says there will be a video showcasing the rewards soon. Should get a decent enough look at it then. I'd like to be able to hang it on the wall with the other rewards though.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']That's awesome. Strange how we have two different dates though. The form says games need to be registered by the 31st of March, but the update says April 19th. The form also states that we have until the 19th to make sure our addresses are updated and correct.

Best to have it all by the 31st to be safe.[/QUOTE]

No confusion necessary. SE pushed the date back because they were late with their announcement. I confirmed this with them on the phone a few days ago.

P.S. you're up late!

Call me negative, but I have a feeling they are taking so long with announcing the point cutoff for tiers because they want to see how many people would qualify for X tier. :\ The ultimate prize looks pretty darn sweet, and it must've been a bit costly to produce...

[quote name='Zonic505']Rewards are now up!

Register games by April 19th, 11:59 PM PST. No word on the actual tiers/points connections...[/QUOTE]

Hope those cards are plastic like the Club nintendo ones, those felt so nice in my hands. Other crap I can do without, Backpack looks cheap as crap. The ultimate prize would be much better (and be worth more) if the art just leftout the XIV part and just say FF summons instead, lol (I wonder if there is someway I can scrtch that out, just the XIV part, every FF is a realm reborn lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nixmahn']Hope those cards are plastic like the Club nintendo ones, those felt so nice in my hands. Other crap I can do without, Backpack looks cheap as crap. The ultimate prize would be much better (and be worth more) if the art just leftout the XIV part and just say FF summons instead, lol (I wonder if there is someway I can scrtch that out, just the XIV part, every FF is a realm reborn lol.[/QUOTE]

Yeah they are plastic and clear. They show them in the youtube video.

[quote name='cookiecrumbz']Can you opt out of registering by April 19th AND STILL keep your points? (for the 2013 rewards?) or does it not work that way?[/QUOTE]

No points reset yearly.

Considering the bad quarter square had I wouldn't get my hopes up on a lowering of points for the requirement. If anything Ultimate may increase. The lack of announcement also leads me to believe they are playing games and it might be like up to 1200-1500 or some other BS. I was shocked that the prizes weren't downgraded from last year. So who knows.

I don't think the amount of points that you needed for last year for ultimate will change this year. It will be a 1000 points and the gold and silver tiers will also remain the same. If they changed the tiers so that you need more points for ultimate, they would have to move the end of the membership year back again, which I think is more unlikely. And think about this for a second, they had a bad year and most people were not willing to buy their games. Why would they alienate their most loyal customers?

[quote name='MarshMan34']I don't think the amount of points that you needed for last year for ultimate will change this year. It will be a 1000 points and the gold and silver tiers will also remain the same. If they changed the tiers so that you need more points for ultimate, they would have to move the end of the membership year back again, which I think is more unlikely. And think about this for a second, they had a bad year and most people were not willing to buy their games. Why would they alienate their most loyal customers?[/QUOTE]

Well, the official story is that the ultimate tier is supposed to be based off of the amount of points released each year from games. Otherwise older members wouldn't be able to reach the higher tiers if they were ultimate for the previous ones. Still that requires you to purchase the same game on multiple platforms. The tally everybody is throwing around on their forum is 850 from retail releases.

So it should be lowered, but there's consideration over whether or not they should include the contest/preorder bonus points.

Not to mention the website change gave people double points and some of it went to yearly points; and there was an entire month where you could register games for 100points instead of 50points and you could register duplicates. So the 20 games required for ultimate the past two years could have been 10 or as little as 0. (SO jealous of Romeo right now).

I used to think the Square Enix Community staff were incompetent, especially when they were trying to help that one user here with the pink controllers avatar, but the program itself is a giant mess.

Would hate to see this one fail like the SEGA one. And I hope the Konami program launches without any issues too.

So its not possible to register duplicate games anymore? I bought a Lord of Arcana code a year ago but recently picked up a brand new copy of the game.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']..........Would hate to see this one fail like the SEGA one. And I hope the Konami program launches without any issues too.[/QUOTE]

Links? Only ones I know of are this one and Nintendo Club? Any others?

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Well, the official story is that the ultimate tier is supposed to be based off of the amount of points released each year from games. Otherwise older members wouldn't be able to reach the higher tiers if they were ultimate for the previous ones. Still that requires you to purchase the same game on multiple platforms. The tally everybody is throwing around on their forum is 850 from retail releases.

So it should be lowered, but there's consideration over whether or not they should include the contest/preorder bonus points.

Not to mention the website change gave people double points and some of it went to yearly points; and there was an entire month where you could register games for 100points instead of 50points and you could register duplicates. So the 20 games required for ultimate the past two years could have been 10 or as little as 0. (SO jealous of Romeo right now).

I used to think the Square Enix Community staff were incompetent, especially when they were trying to help that one user here with the pink controllers avatar, but the program itself is a giant mess.

Would hate to see this one fail like the SEGA one. And I hope the Konami program launches without any issues too.[/QUOTE]

I'm still concerned my points will not count, as I fully admit I never registered anything. When I called SE telling them this they said essentially 'if it says 1,100 yearly points, then you're fine, you must have got them somehow'. I don't blog there, I don't post, I don't pre-order. So in the end I assume it was the double point changeover that may make me eligible?

not sure what to tell you Romeo, just hopefully if they said if you have 1,100 you're fine, hopefully that means 1,100 is the cap for ultimate. Sad that its 100 more than usual though if that is the case.

[quote name='Romeo']I'm still concerned my points will not count, as I fully admit I never registered anything. When I called SE telling them this they said essentially 'if it says 1,100 yearly points, then you're fine, you must have got them somehow'. I don't blog there, I don't post, I don't pre-order. So in the end I assume it was the double point changeover that may make me eligible?[/QUOTE]

I'm in the exact same boat. I only registered like two things this year and I am sitting at 1250. It is weird, but I guess I shouldn't complain.

I'm concerned too. It gave me a few points as well. Still had to register 14 titles this year, but I could drop below the amount if they decide to switch it around.

[quote name='nixmahn']Links? Only ones I know of are this one and Nintendo Club? Any others?[/QUOTE]

https://core.konami.com/

Not up and running yet, but you still might be able to signup for the beta.

so I registered a few games before back in 2011 (got a few post cards for reward) and haven't revisited the site since...now the site looks completely different and it shows that i have no games registered, am i looking at the right site?

[quote name='diishen']so I registered a few games before back in 2011 (got a few post cards for reward) and haven't revisited the site since...now the site looks completely different and it shows that i have no games registered, am i looking at the right site?[/QUOTE]

what's probably happened is a "dummy" account was made for your old one. If you contact them, odds are you can get it back it'll then have the name of something like Member_3423421 and a password like aci32l430
So odds are, seeing as you didn't have any points this year, better to take that one as a loss, and just start with what you have to add to it now. If you need any, I got some still left over, take guides/games/amazon gc/paypal if interested at all.

[quote name='tokyostomp']so i did a mass register of the codes i collected through the year i am standing at 1,150. how tier does that make me?[/QUOTE]

Tier requirements have not been announced yet.

First year doing this, I'm at a little over 1000 pts and pretty excited. Got a question about that registration sheet though. If we fill it in, is the current point value we have at that time set in stone? Or can I add more after I fill it out in case I'm not at the Ultimate tier yet?

I desperately need like 2 codes as I'm stuck at 650!!! Does anyone have Tomb Raider (PS3 or 360) Sleeping Dogs (PS3 or 360) Hitman: Absolution (360) or any other random ones I might need? I'd love ya forever.

Also could use Final Fantasy Theathrithm, Kingdom Heart 3D Dream Drop Distance for 3DS

I have Star Ocean: Last Hope International and maybe a couple others.

[quote name='fettmaster']I desperately need like 2 codes as I'm stuck at 650!!! Does anyone have Tomb Raider (PS3 or 360) Sleeping Dogs (PS3 or 360) Hitman: Absolution (360) or any other random ones I might need? I'd love ya forever.

Also could use Final Fantasy Theathrithm, Kingdom Heart 3D Dream Drop Distance for 3DS

I have Star Ocean: Last Hope International and maybe a couple others.[/QUOTE]

Duplicate codes worked fine for me and I just did it earlier today. If you have some spare codes of your own give it a shot.

[quote name='lain21us']I heard there was a specific page to register to receive the reward for the year. Anyone have a link?[/QUOTE]Right here.

Considering there's about 2 weeks left to register, I really wish they'd hurry up and announce the tier amounts.

[quote name='tokyostomp']if by chance i get ultimate prize i'm gonna ebay that shit so hard. and if it doesn't sell. probably give it to my cat to play with[/QUOTE]

If you don't care about the prizes/rewards, then why bother registering? Gift it to a friend or forum member.

[quote name='Zonic505']Right here.

Considering there's about 2 weeks left to register, I really wish they'd hurry up and announce the tier amounts.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I am sitting at 850 points right now and it would be nice to know if I should at least attempt to get more cards or not.

bread's done
Back