The Official Warhawk CAG Clan - Join in!

[quote name='metaly']Hey Shini, can you add me to the Pacific clan if you've got room?[/QUOTE]I think there is room. I just think all these clan leaders are too lazy/busy to log-on. ;) Just giving you clan leaders a hard time.

For sure, I'm the most motivated to get everyone added, but I suck so bad at Warhawk that I'm worthless to run a clan. I'm only skilled at sending invites quick, since I read this thread WAY too much. ;)

Invites for the east clan better be sent out by the end of Friday, because the East 2 clan desperately needs more members added, or the matches will not work.

Been busy with school and playin H3 with friends. I will do the clan invites tommorrow tho after class.

i gotta repost this jic you guys missed it:
[quote name='shaunLEGEND']What?!? Blasphemy! Where are your priorities? :)

Also good to know about the start times, Mana.[/quote]
haha, when he said he's getting married, I thought of this Fantasy Football commercial:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtdaLIuiOzA[/media]

I have a few questions for everyone:

Would you prefer to play three maps at 15-20 minutes each, or five maps at 10 minutes each, for the clan battle?

Between these Five maps, is there a order preference?
1. Island Outpost
2. The Badlans
3. Destroyed Capital
4. Achipelago
5. Eucadia

If we go to three, choose the three you want, and if we got to five, we'll do all of them.

As for matches, I decided we'll do Team Death Match, Capture the Flag, and maybe zone (I'm not a fan of Zones, but I'll let you all decide). Also, one of the Team Deathmatches will be a dogfight (sorry but I just love dogfights), unless we do three matches.

Also, I'm thinking of going to the smaller maps maybe (ones that go up to 24, so the battles will be more intense.

Lastly, what point limit do you all want for Team Deathmatches and Capture the Flag, or would you rather keep it unlimited (and let time run out)?

The ONLY thing I'm worried about is whether the clan splitting up will work, because I never tried that before.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Boo on dogfights! I suck at them.[/QUOTE]That's where I dominate. :p I'm extremely big into flight games which is why I love them.
[quote name='Inf^Shini']i gotta repost this jic you guys missed it:

haha, when he said he's getting married, I thought of this Fantasy Football commercial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtdaLIuiOzA[/QUOTE]Yeah, that made me laugh. :lol:

I say we go for all 5 maps... I hate 2 of them so I would guess everybody has there most and least favorites. Yes to dog fight mode!

[quote name='Shoki']I say we go for all 5 maps... I hate 2 of them so I would guess everybody has there most and least favorites. Yes to dog fight mode![/QUOTE]I probably will. They will either be 10 minutes or 15 minutes long. The only question I have now is clan dividing, because I seriously hope the clans divide right.

I updated the list of those who need to be added to the CAG East 2 clan.

Sent invites out to everyone on that list, except for Mickeny1 which must not have the game or must have a different name

[quote name='ighosty']Sent invites out to everyone on that list, except for Mickeny1 which must not have the game or must have a different name[/QUOTE]I messed up, I accidentally put "StrandedBrit" on the list for being in the clan (the other list I had it right), where he still needs an invite (unless you looked at my other list already having him listed in the right spot).

Also, I put in red text to remove InuFaye, since he's going to trade the game away.

No rush to do this, but letting you know. ;)

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']I have both a USB & BT headset.[/quote]

What is a good usb headset that works well with PS3?

[quote name='Shoki']What is a good usb headset that works well with PS3?[/QUOTE]A Logitech one for sure. I use to use the PS2 one, until I got a BT headset.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']i gotta repost this jic you guys missed it:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtdaLIuiOzA[/media][/QUOTE]How did you get the video embedded??? I still can't do it, because I was looking at posting the video I made introducing the CAG match.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']How did you get the video embedded??? I still can't do it, because I was looking at posting the video I made introducing the CAG match.[/quote]

You just post the URL of the video and wrap it with MEDIA tags, which is the blue M button above the text box when posting/editing a post.
It's next to the strikethrough tag button.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']You just post the URL of the video and wrap it with MEDIA tags, which is the blue M button above the text box when posting/editing a post.
It's next to the strikethrough tag button.[/QUOTE]Thanks a lot. Strangely, I cannot see those options when making a post here (I'm not doing quick reply). I did what you said though and it worked (which is why my above post was edited).

I made a little video, announcing the match (Sorry, only uses Windows media player, since I won't upload this into YouTube. Link won't be around for a while, but I was testing my Eyetoy and voice on my PC today (You are welcome to make fun of me, my voice, etc.).

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Thanks a lot. Strangely, I cannot see those options when making a post here (I'm not doing quick reply). I did what you said though and it worked (which is why my above post was edited).

I made a little video, announcing the match (Sorry, only uses Windows media player, since I won't upload this into YouTube. Link won't be around for a while, but I was testing my Eyetoy and voice on my PC today (You are welcome to make fun of me, my voice, etc.).[/quote]
Cool, you have your own spot to host from?

How long have you been at Purdue? Btw, I did not know you could use the EyeToy as a webcam o_O.

I've had one sealed for awhile just sitting there, now I'm using it XD

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Cool, you have your own spot to host from?

How long have you been at Purdue?[/QUOTE]Yeah, I get ~450MB of space (I have a folder for showing stuff on the web. Use to have my own personal site up, but took it down).

I've been there too long (Entering 5th year). :whistle2:(

Anyway, I might host a game of Warhawk tonight, testing out my console as a server. I'm not sure how it will work in my apartment, but I'll give it a shot (I can host around 16-24. It varies). The only thing I'm uncertain about is whether it will work as a NAT Type 3 connection (I have NAT Type 2 at home).

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Yeah, I get ~450MB of space (I have a folder for showing stuff on the web. Use to have my own personal site up, but took it down).

I've been there too long (Entering 5th year). :whistle2:(

Anyway, I might host a game of Warhawk tonight, testing out my console as a server. I'm not sure how it will work in my apartment, but I'll give it a shot (I can host around 16-24. It varies). The only thing I'm uncertain about is whether it will work as a NAT Type 3 connection (I have NAT Type 2 at home).[/quote]
Ahhh, I see.

Btw, what program did you use for video recording?

Meh, started using TinCam, but the audio/video is only in sync when I do no video/audio compression. Of course I don't want that, b/c the file size becomes rediculously large :/

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Ahhh, I see.

Btw, what program did you use for video recording?

Meh, started using TinCam, but the audio/video is only in sync when I do no video/audio compression. Of course I don't want that, b/c the file size becomes rediculously large :/[/QUOTE]Nothing special, just used Windows Media Maker (since that's what I have and used it before).

Well, I'm going to turn my PS3 on shortly and try to test my PS3 as a server (this isn't on my FiOS connection). password will be "cag".

Right now, I just created a server called "ManaKnight", with the password cag. I'm just doing some testing basically, but you can try to join.

I recommending adding it as a favorite server, so hopefully you'll find me easily next week.

EDIT: I did have a buddy get in and I did some testing. I'm playing Warhawk now, but in another game.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Right now, I just created a server called "ManaKnight", with the password cag. I'm just doing some testing basically, but you can try to join.

I recommending adding it as a favorite server, so hopefully you'll find me easily next week.[/quote]

I'll hop on in a bit, I wanna play some Heavenly Sword first ;)

At my apartment, I can do 12 vs. 12, but I'm still a tad iffy about whether that will work. On FiOS (when I'm back at home some weeks), I can do 10 vs. 10, but I should have zero issues with that (which is why I decided to make next week the tournament, or whatever).

I only created a game to see what I'm able to do to players in a game. I am able to ban and kick people out at least, but I'm unsure whether the clans will split up how they should, when joining games, because I cannot manually assign teams. I was hoping to get at least two in the same clan to test it, but we'll just see later on.

I think maybe it would be better to just set up the server and have the Cag members go at it instead of trying to match the clans. At least for this first one to see what kind of turn out you get.

[quote name='NamPaehc']I think maybe it would be better to just set up the server and have the Cag members go at it instead of trying to match the clans. At least for this first one to see what kind of turn out you get.[/QUOTE]I was thinking about it, but I dunno yet. I know turnout has been pretty poor for a while (Shini still needs to send out more Pacific invites, like to metaly, but I understand he's busy).

I still gotta tell iGhosty to remove InuFaye (since he's trading the game away) and add StrandedBrit.

Just remembered that a friend of mine is visiting this up coming weekend, so I won't be able to play on the 5th. I will get all the invites sent by then tho so people from cag east 2 can play.

I think I'm going to agree with Nam and just have everyone meet on at my server, regardless of clan. I really doubt at least 10 people from each clan will show up, but I think there's a good chance we can get at least 16 people from all clans together to show up.

Also, I put the link in my signature to Shini's post. ;)

I might also consider changing the time to 9PM EST/6PM CST so PST people won't have to be on so early.

[quote name='ighosty']Sent invites out to everyone on that list, except for Mickeny1 which must not have the game or must have a different name[/quote]

The name is Mikeny1 :cry: , please let me know if you fix it. Thank you

I would like to get some in if there is still room. Live on the East Coast. Just picked up a PS3 a few days ago since I have been holding on to WarHawk since the TRU B2G1 sales a few weeks back.

PS3 Network Name : QuantamPulse

Okay, new members to the East 2 clan will be:
halofreak64
Mikeny1
QuantamPulse
StrandedBrit

I wonder where Kendal aka TwoTonTonic is, because after this, I may start directing people back to the East 1 clan (There's one spot open I know of).

[quote name='flybrione']I would like to join one of the clans if there is an opening.

What do I have to do to join. I just got the game but I have not yet played it.

psn: BigMesy
cag: flybrione
headset: yes

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Have I been sent an invite?

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Okay, new members to the East 2 clan will be:
halofreak64
Mikeny1
QuantamPulse
StrandedBrit

I wonder where Kendal aka TwoTonTonic is, because after this, I may start directing people back to the East 1 clan (There's one spot open I know of).[/quote]

invites sent

I hope you guys have been practicing. It'll be fun to play with some fellow CAGs. I've only played with Nampaehc so far and he's pretty good.

Also I agree, it'll be pretty hard to get clan wars going because I never actually see any of my fellow clan members (CAGp) on when i am on. So it should be fun to just have a CAG room.

I'll let everyone know. I plan to start a game at 9pm EST/6PM EST. I'm looking to play for 2-3 hours. When I get home tonight, I'll setup a map rotation and make sure everyone is pleased with it.

[quote name='Shizim']Wedding Schmedding.... I might be able to sneak on for a hr or two tomorrow.[/QUOTE]Well, a Wedding is a special event, so I completely understand. But if you have time and there's room, feel free to drop in. ;)

[quote name='shaunLEGEND']I hope you guys have been practicing. It'll be fun to play with some fellow CAGs. I've only played with Nampaehc so far and he's pretty good.

Also I agree, it'll be pretty hard to get clan wars going because I never actually see any of my fellow clan members (CAGp) on when i am on. So it should be fun to just have a CAG room.[/quote]
I'll say it right now, I haven't played much, and I'm gonna get burned. I can't avoid missles for the life of me without the help of Chaff and my ability to track & destroy is very limited D:

[quote name='Inf^Shini']I'll say it right now, I haven't played much, and I'm gonna get burned. I can't avoid missles for the life of me without the help of Chaff and my ability to track & destroy is very limited D:[/QUOTE]I may do more research on it, and if I know of a tip, I'll let you know.

Sorry, as of right now my PS3 is unplugged since I'm going home for break (to my awesome internet connection) shortly.

bread's done
Back