The one game you would never trade/sell...

Never say never. I use to think I would keep Twisted Metal II and FF tactics forever, but eventually I traded/sold them. Right now the games I am most attach to are probably the SSX series for the PS2. SSX is the whole reason I bought the PS2 when it came out and it dragged me back into gaming. Plus its the series that brought my wife into gaming as well...

Barring compilations and remakes down the road... pretty much all the stuff I have would fit under that.

If I had to pick one... maybe Xenogears.

My imaginary Beta copy of Halo3 multilayer that I never play because I dont want to wear out the disc. :)

No but really, I'd say any one of my sports games because the trade in value is so low it's not even worth my gas for the trip to trade it in or mail it to someone.

Probably my 3 Kingdom Hearts games, the first being Non-GH (KH1, KH: CoM, KH2)

I love them and unless I get a crazy offer for them, I doubt I will ever get rid of them.

Probably Dragon Force.
I actually had the MGS3: S LE but I sold it. I didn't regret it too much though because of the hefty profit on it.

Silent Hill 3. I've put so much work and time into my copy that I can't ever, ever get rid of it. So many memories. It's the one Silent Hill that I cherish the most, as a copy.

I would say Final Fantasy Tactics, but I sold that a while ago. I'll go with Super Smash Bros. Melee then......until Super Smash Brawl is out. Okay I don't know.

it's kinda sad...but all of them. I think I will try to make a tradelist or sell a few off, then when I go through my games to try to pick anything, I have attachments to all of them, even though I haven't even opened a majority of them yet.

I made a tradelist the other day and the best I could do was the beat up copy of Fatal Frame I got from Blockbuster (I own a complete second copy) and my second copy of Xenosaga II.

If we're only counting "regular" releases (non-SE/CE/LE/compilations):

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. It's my only fully complete N64 game, and it's a gold cart. I love the feeling I get when I play that game; it was one of the first games I'd ever played that was actually mine.

If we're counting SE/CE/LE/compilations:

Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence LE. Not only is MGS3 one of my favorite games of all time, but having that theater disc is truly awesome. Plus, whenever I look at my playing copy and my sealed copy, I think to myself: "You're one smart (albiet lucky) motherfucker for buying a couple of those". *Thinks of eBay prices a few days before MGS4 comes out*

[quote name='scsg75']it's kinda sad...but all of them. I think I will try to make a tradelist or sell a few off, then when I go through my games to try to pick anything, I have attachments to all of them, even though I haven't even opened a majority of them yet.

I made a tradelist the other day and the best I could do was the beat up copy of Fatal Frame I got from Blockbuster (I own a complete second copy) and my second copy of Xenosaga II.[/quote]
I hear you. Heck, I can't even get rid of King Kong for the 360 that I just bought and finished. It will probably never be played again, but I like seeing it fill the shelf! I have traded a few couldn't stand them games, but just about everything stays. Ever since I had to sell all my Genesis stuff to get a Saturn (hey, I was young and it was a bad trade at the time!) I never want to feel like that again.

And no, I am not dissing the Saturn, 'cause I have a second one now that I am older after a long time (1 year or so?) with no video games when I was younger (except PC) because of the broken Saturn system.

Everything has a price. Though there are plenty of games that I'd only sell for more than I can buy them for. I don't have any particularly rare games and I don't have any Special Editions. I've actually sold quite a few of the games people have listed in this thread.

I dunno about Never but I couldn't imagine selling/trading my copy of Ikaruga unless it was for 3x what it goes for on ebay.Then I would turn around a buy another copy of Ikaruga if that did happen.

Umm I got a few:
DKC1
DKC2
DKC3
Super Mario 64
DK64
Diddy Kong Racing

....... Those games bring back so many memories!

secret of mana, unless of course if it was for more than i can buy it for. i rented it enough times to buy it as a kid, and i didnt find one for sale untill i was in 10th grade. I love it too much.

einhander... i have it, i don't like it. i just dont like horizontal shooters. im thinking about selling it.

Cool Topic, Op. I would never trade or sell any of my games, unless I had dupes. Gun to my head, and I had to give them all up except one...Baldurs Gate II: Shadow of Amn Collectors Ed.

My boxed Final Fantasy 3, if I had to choose one. Too many hours spent on that, even if you only look at the three current save slots (which have in turn overwritten hundreds of hours themselves).

My complete copies of FF3 and Chrono Trigger. No games have come close to the emotional attachment level as these two games - and I somehow doubt any will in the future.

None of my DC games. I even have the what I'm told is rare Record of Lodoss War in pristine condition.

Skies of Arcadia Legends on GC.

Disgaea 1 on PS2.

I miss my skies of arcadia, phantasy star online (The first, not plus) and FF7...if only I had known they were gonna be hard to find.

Wow, this is difficult. normally, I'm in the group that says all of them (and I haven't sold a game since the Saturn days, so I think I could say that).

Though, I fully buy into everyone has a price. Sure, for enough money, I'd sell anything that I own (video game wise), but here are the things that I'd need way over going rate to unload:

Nights (Saturn)
Panzer Dragoon (Saturn)
Panzer Dragoon Zwei (Saturn)
Panzer Dragoon Orta (Xbox)
Morrowind GOTY (Xbox)
Final Fantasy X (PS2)
Final Fantasy ViI (PSX) (only because I have the non greatest hits version)
Mike Tyson's PunchOut (NES)
Super Mario World II (Snes)

Gee, more games than I really wanted to list. The sad part is, I can think of another 10 games off the top of my head that I want to put on the list, but after awhile, it'll just make the list too long to be meaningful.

Only a couple I can think of but I'm not sure that I would never sell them...

Panzer Dragoon Saga (saturn)
Final Fantasy III (SNES)
Gitaroo Man (PS2)

Virtua Fighter 2 and NiGHTS. I've had them locked up in a storage unit in California for 5 years and I just can't sell them along with my Saturn.

One game is brinking on the line of fate right now, althought I really don't want to sell it. We'll see after the VC for the Wii comes out.it is:

Super Mario RPG

My King of Fighters Collection (94' - 2K3')
And some Rare RPGs for Sega CD and Staurn (Vay, Albert Oddyessy)
Dream Mix TV: World Fighter (GC IMPORT) It was a special gift, and I wouldn't feel right selling it away.

But I think I'd sell anything if someone offered me an insane amount of money. But that not gonna happen.

Im a big fan of the Never say Never attitude here, Up until about 2 years ago I had a handful of games for my Turdo Duo that I thought I would never sell but of course did. Among them were the gems of my collection, Dynastic Hero and Dracula X. I held onto Dynastic Hero soley due to the value, the game itself sucks hard, but Dracula X is by far one of the best castlevania games ever made but when I found a guy selling burned copies for $3, I bought the copies and sold all of my original duo titles on ebay,, made a killing..

bread's done
Back