The only game I'm obsessed with: TEXAS HOLD 'EM

We should have some CAG games online @ PokerStars.com or something sometime lol

I wanna steal ur money so I can afford games :)

True story here.
Played for the very first time in a friends-only tournament about 3 weeks ago with a $20 buy-in.
Came in first and won $120.
Decided I really didn't like the game so I vowed to never play it again. :?

[quote name='Cornfedwb']It's sad how celebrity poker has so many people playing texas hold em now :)

Play 7 card stud.. thats real poker.[/quote]

I play them both, though to a certain extent I prefer 7 stud. A lot more randomness in it. With hold 'em, though, there are less cards to count, less guess work. And it's not so much the cards that you're playing, it's moreover a game of nerves and bluffs and intimidation.

I love it. And Shana Hiatt.

Yeah dude i've been playing hardcore for about 2 years now. I use the money won to fill out my game collection with the expensive rare ones i couldn't justify spending my "earned" money on. My collection and skills are getting pretty sick. If you wanna play some heads-up, I'm MasterN8 on paradise poker...most nights hangin out in the 10 and 20 buck heads up games.

Holla!

How is it fun to play online? I'm just curious. What makes any type of poker fun is learning your opponents, winning at a total bluff, knowing when they're bluffing, reading them, strategizing.. just randomly getting a pair of cards and making a poker hand.. I can't see the fun in that.

online is still fun. it is a little different than live, but really, you can tell how often someone is likely to be bluffing by how frequently he is betting. but there definitely is a difference. personally, i mainly use the internet to keep my game sharp for when i go play weekends with the big boys ($5/$10 blind No Limit).

then again, half the money i make from poker is online...no waiting, always a game available, great heads-up matches. you can make a living just playing online poker (of course, you're gonna be paying for a chunk of time before that, learning the game)

paradise poker: MasterN8

holla!

[quote name='Cornfedwb']How is it fun to play online? I'm just curious. What makes any type of poker fun is learning your opponents, winning at a total bluff, knowing when they're bluffing, reading them, strategizing.. just randomly getting a pair of cards and making a poker hand.. I can't see the fun in that.[/quote]

I agree. I've tried both an I prefer a live game.

As an extension of my infatuation with Hold 'Em, I have also developed a pechant for poker playing affects, such as a nice set of chips (which I just won off of eBay) and a card table (next in the queue).

I've also been very interested in card shuffle flourishes and chip tricks.

Maybe it's the persona that I like so much. No, it's the money and the rush.

Texas Hold-em is a genius game. In fact, I may even like it better than any videogame. Though I am a cheapskate and my friends and I play with 5,10, and 25 cent chips so we can go for a few hours and usually no one wins or loses more than $5.

I also know a really intense variation of hold-em which I've always known as Omaha. It's similar to texas hold-em, except everyone has 4 cards, but you can only play with 2 of the 4 you have. And also you can play for highest hand, AND lowest hand (lowest being 5 cards, all 8 or under, and no doubles). If there is a low hand and someone wins for that, and the high hand they just split the pot, but that rarely happens anyway. It's a lot more intense than hold-em because it's so easy to almost have a great hand, and there's more possibilities of danger from other players.

Yeah, omaha is fun. Im playing it right now actually at partypoker. I love when the river comes and you can tell everyone was going low and they cant make it. Folds all around.

bread's done
Back