The Orange Box: Team Fortress 2 - Gen. Discussion

scored this today, and it is the good stuff

portal and hl2 are great (and look great, I don't know what the crap reviewers are playing)

and TF2 is everything I hoped it would be, pure fun

BB should have this in stock and I'm contemplating picking it up tonight ... but I have a management test on Friday that I really should study for. Damn you Valve, don't you know my school schedule?!?!

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']BB should have this in stock and I'm contemplating picking it up tonight ... but I have a management test on Friday that I really should study for. Damn you Valve, don't you know my school schedule?!?![/quote]

LOL. "Valve: Helping kids fail at life since 1995."

I picked this up today at Best Buy. If anyone is up for a clan or at least getting some CAG games up this evening, Feel free to add me. I'll be on around 10pm EST. Tag: Algebratwo

I think combing the PC and 360 clans together would just be a mess. I vote we start our own, since most people will either just have the 360 or PC version, not both.

I did some searching, but couldn't find an answer to these: Does the 360 version have clan support built in? Or does it work off of your friends list for matchmaking?

I'd love to play this with some CAGs. Had fun playing the game so far, but I'm always stuck on a team with idiots while I sit at the base hugging my turret.

GT: Bahamut81

This game is way better than I could've imagined. I didn't think it'd translate to console well, but it did. My god. I've never had so much fun. I played for four straight hours tonight. I ran into someone that has also played TFC for many, many years and she and I dominated. I wish it was ranked. I will be on this a LOT the next few days.

If you play against me.. sorry for the sound of my voice.. i'm just getting over strep throat and my voice is hoarse. It cracks a lot, it makes me sound like a 12 year old that just hit puberty.

Played a match...totally confused...maybe its the fact that my team sucked or maybe I just sucked. Do you get grenades or are you able to have a secondary weapon at all? I'll have to read the instructions on this one before I can officially play.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Played a match...totally confused...maybe its the fact that my team sucked or maybe I just sucked. Do you get grenades or are you able to have a secondary weapon at all? I'll have to read the instructions on this one before I can officially play.[/quote]

Are you serious? Did you not see the tutorial video before each level!? There are no grenades, right bumper changes weapons.

[quote name='Scorch']Are you serious? Did you not see the tutorial video before each level!? There are no grenades, right bumper changes weapons.[/quote]

Didn't see the vid...I just "jumped in". I knew it was my bad...I'll read the manual and check the tutorials.

Posted this in the general Orange Box thread, but it makes more sense to post it here.

I'm up for some matches tonight after 8EST until whenever.

I played a few games last night. Had a good time, except everyone for some reason wanted to be an engineer. Anyway, I like the team aspects of it, so playing with some fellow CAGs would be great. I can really see myself getting into this a lot more than Halo.

Played for a couple of hours last night and when it wasn't lagging on me, it was a lot of fun! 4 vs 4 matches were nice and smooth, but any more players made it tough to play. Anyway, I'm down for playing with some CAGs as well!

I hosted a server for three to four hours last night, had 4v4 going the entire time and it didn't lag at all. It was wonderful. I'll be hosting again tonight.

Can anyone tell me if Xbox 360 owners of Orange Box can play with PC owners of the Orange Box? I have PC and my friends might buy the Orange Box for 360, I want to know if we can play.

[quote name='cdietschrun']Can anyone tell me if Xbox 360 owners of Orange Box can play with PC owners of the Orange Box? I have PC and my friends might buy the Orange Box for 360, I want to know if we can play.[/QUOTE]
No, you cant.

good lord i love this game! i played for about 2-3 hours last night with the same group of ppl, no lag with 16 ppl.

just hope u find a good server and have fun.

The one thing i LOVE about this game that is not in any other console game, is the customization of EVERY button, so i get to have a completely different key setup than the next, so i dont have to pick between a sucky set of controls or a less suckier set *cough* halo *cough* :D

We need to compile a list of gamertags for people that want to be part of a CAG group for this game. Easiest and cleanest way to do that would be to do another CAG Gaming Group post for TF2 with a full list at the top of the thread. We could have a set night, but it would be helpful (I know for me at least) to just have a list like that.

Of course, that would make 5 Orange Box threads. Ouch. Thoughts? (Especially from Linkin on the thread overkill?)

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']We need to compile a list of gamertags for people that want to be part of a CAG group for this game. Easiest and cleanest way to do that would be to do another CAG Gaming Group post for TF2 with a full list at the top of the thread. We could have a set night, but it would be helpful (I know for me at least) to just have a list like that.

Of course, that would make 5 Orange Box threads. Ouch. Thoughts? (Especially from Linkin on the thread overkill?)[/quote]

If you want to create the list, go for it, I'll update the OP.

quick question, does anyone know why sometimes the soldier will have blue lightning shots? is it because of critical hits or what?

[quote name='Pestilence']quick question, does anyone know why sometimes the soldier will have blue lightning shots? is it because of critical hits or what?[/quote]

yes.

it does suck about no cross platform play.. no problem.. picked it up on PC and 360 :cool:

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I absolutely love the art of the game...its like Pixar's "The Incredibles" but with gore :twisted::drool:[/quote]

Indeed. I was watching the Demoman video yesterday at work, and my co-worker (female) was like "Damn, what game is that? It looks cool!"

I'll be on in about 15 minutes playing portal and HL2 for the rest of the night. If anyone wants to get a game started, send me an invite: AlgebraTwo.

dedicated servers, or a better way of ping management (actual latency times, region codes, etc.) would put this up into the stratosphere. Its fun for real, but finding a lag-tolerable game tonight was tough, I think I managed 2 out of 10 attempts.

Engineer Rules Lag Games Though:

1. Make Dispenser
2. Make Turret
3. ??????
4. Profit

bread's done
Back