The OTT announcing the new Ass the OTT Turns!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='darthbudge']True, I just find that I am always down for drinking some Tequila, whereas other drinks I have to be in the mood for them.

I am pretty excited to try some Absinthe this weekend.[/QUOTE]
Those are two beverages I have no desire ever to try straight again.

A trip to the Old Absinthe house in N.O. nearly ruined my last trip there.

Although, if I could get a hold of some of that near hallucinogenic absinthe I might try it.

[quote name='marten']I assume you would be interested on being the short list for tequila as well then, eh?[/QUOTE]

Tequila's definitely not my thing.

If I'm drinking hard liquor, it's (nice--I can't stomach the cheap shit any more) vodka or whiskey. Certain gins cut it for me, but others are pretty awful.

Good morning, superior intellects. I bow to your expansive knowledge.

Quick question: do Indie games not show up on Gamertags? I downloaded and played my first one yesterday, Breath of Death VII: The Beginning (great old-school RPG parody), and it doesn't show in my Gamertag.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Good morning, superior intellects. I bow to your expansive knowledge.

Quick question: do Indie games not show up on Gamertags? I downloaded and played my first one yesterday, Breath of Death VII: The Beginning (great old-school RPG parody), and it doesn't show in my Gamertag.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure they don't -- I don't think they hand out real gamerscore -- and since they're sort of MS approved but not MS endorsed, no cheeses, no gamercard, it seems?

[quote name='darthbudge']True, I just find that I am always down for drinking some Tequila, whereas other drinks I have to be in the mood for them.

I am pretty excited to try some Absinthe this weekend.[/QUOTE]

Do you have sugar cubes and the absynthe spoon? What brand is it? Does it have the real wormwood or is it synthetic?

Also, go watch The Perfect Drug video (Nine Inch Nails)

[quote name='Maklershed']Do you have sugar cubes and the absynthe spoon? What brand is it? Does it have the real wormwood or is it synthetic?

Also, go watch The Perfect Drug video (Nine Inch Nails)[/QUOTE]

Unless it was brought back from EU, I don't think it can have real wormwood, right?

[quote name='Maklershed']Do you have sugar cubes and the absynthe spoon? What brand is it? Does it have the real wormwood or is it synthetic?

Also, go watch The Perfect Drug video (Nine Inch Nails)[/QUOTE]

I don't really know all that stuff... but my friend got a bottle and he says it is the good stuff.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Unless it was brought back from EU, I don't think it can have real wormwood, right?[/QUOTE]

AFAIK, it can have real wormwood in it as long as the thujone levels are below a certain amount.

ott

I have a 40GB PS3 that turns on but doesn't read disks. I also have an 80GB w/ backwards compatibility that has the blinking red light issue and turns off afte a few seconds. Is there anything that I can switch from the 40GB to the 80GB PS3 to get it working. I rather fix the 80GB.

I thought I made a post in that "talking to a girl you've never met before" thread about DarkNessBear having assburgers. Am I just imagining that, or did a mod delete my post?

[quote name='munch']Who else is grabbing Tecmo Bowl today?[/QUOTE]

Wow, forgot that it actually came out today. Gonna start up my xbox to download the trial before I go to class.

I'm tempted to bite on SFIV but with the lineup in May, I really can't justify playing it for a couple weeks and then shelving it for a while. I should really keep an eye on it and bite when it hits $20.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I'm tempted to bite on SSFIV but with the lineup in May, I really can't justify playing it for a couple weeks and then shelving it for a while. I should really keep an eye on it and bite when it hits $20.[/QUOTE]

It was 26 dollars, after 10 future credit, at amazon. And for some reason, it seems 80123x better than SF4.

And what's coming out in May that people are clamoring for?
3D dot game heroes or whatever.
Alan Wake.
Anything else?

[quote name='corrosivefrost']It was 26 dollars, after 10 future credit, at amazon. And for some reason, it seems 80123x better than SF4.

And what's coming out in May that people are clamoring for?
3D dot game heroes or whatever.
Alan Wake.
Anything else?[/QUOTE]

Yeah $26 seemed like it would have been a pretty good deal, now seems like the costume pack is not included either, so I feel like I missed out if I order now. I'll just wait till it's $20.

As for May:

Red Dead Redemption
3D Dot Game Heroes
Blur
Alan Wake

I also had Split/Second on my list but after playing the demo, I'll be canceling the pre-order.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Yeah $26 seemed like it would have been a pretty good deal, now seems like the costume pack is not included either, so I feel like I missed out if I order now. I'll just wait till it's $20.

As for May:

Red Dead Redemption
3D Dot Game Heroes
Blur
Alan Wake

I also had Split/Second on my list but after playing the demo, I'll be canceling the pre-order.[/QUOTE]

I think I'll probably check out Alan Wake at some point, but I don't know about the rest - maybe 3DDGH when it's like sub $20.

GTA4: Wild Wild West Edition just isn't my thing.
And I'm not much of a racer fan either. :|
Next up, Blazblue: Continuum Shift, I think. Hopefully that's only $40 like SSF4 and I can get some Amazon promos going on it.

Broke a bone in my foot and dislocated my ankle a couple of days ago at softball practice. Foot got caught in the ground during a slide. Have to have surgery in a week, after the swelling goes down.

Since I'm laying down in bed all day I've mostly been playing Super Mario Galaxy and watching Instant Watch on the WII.

[quote name='darthbudge']I thought I made a post in that "talking to a girl you've never met before" thread about DarkNessBear having assburgers. Am I just imagining that, or did a mod delete my post?[/QUOTE]
I saw it, he probably reported it.

Teach them a lesson and post it again.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']
As for May:

Red Dead Redemption
Alan Wake
[/QUOTE]

:whee:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I second this. Brute force always works. :)[/QUOTE]

Remember that game? It was the first "Halo killer".

I finally got the achievement for completing Splinter Cell Conviction in realistic mode last night. Had to replay the last 2 levels, but it worked.

Now I gotta get GizmoPrime to start playing so we can finally start up on the co-op story and missions.

[quote name='TheRock88']With the huge sales of the Stimulus Package, I wonder if they'll bump up the price of the 2nd map pack to $20.[/QUOTE]

I wonder how much work is left to do -- a whole fuckton of IW employees have not jumped ship... the second map pack could suffer because of this...
I love how the speculation in Panda's link talks about MW3, which according to the lawsuit, shouldn't even be an option for Activision to create at this point.
This just keeps getting better and better.

Are we still down for a PSN share of the maps next week with you, manthing, seanr, mojimbo, and myself?

I score 4 goals and get subbed out with 30 minutes left in the match with my team leading 6-3 and the match ends in a tie 6-6.

fuck you very much computer.

~~~

The whole IW debacle is another reason to be disappointed with MW2. It's also a joke that the PS3 map pack isn't out.

[quote name='TheRock88']Yea I'm still down for that if you guys are.[/QUOTE]

I'd still chip in -- 3 bucks or whatever for 4 new maps? I'm okay with that. Especially with Crash returning.

[quote name='flowery']The whole IW debacle is another reason to be disappointed with MW2. It's also a joke that the PS3 map pack isn't out.[/QUOTE]

The most disappointing thing about it is that support for bug fixes will somehow be worse now with the trouble the remnants of the studio are in.

The map pack not being out for PSN yet? That's just MS paying for a month of exclusivity. Who cares... it's less than a week until it's out now... and it's not like we're waiting a year for it... or never getting it. *shrug*

[quote name='corrosivefrost']The most disappointing thing about it is that support for bug fixes will somehow be worse now with the trouble the remnants of the studio are in.

The map pack not being out for PSN yet? That's just MS paying for a month of exclusivity. Who cares... it's less than a week until it's out now... and it's not like we're waiting a year for it... or never getting it. *shrug*[/QUOTE]

I don't know. It just bugs me to think they catered to Microsoft throughout the entire development.

I need to stop staying up super late. I have exams next week which includes 2 at 8am and I've been up at 3am 3 nights in a row. This won't end well.

My gf took off work today. I think we are going to go ice skating or something dumb like that, but not before we eat Chik-fil-a.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I don't know how you guys can play FPS with the DS3. :joystick:[/QUOTE]

Shut up. I could say the same thing about the 360. I just like it and have been used to it since PS1. If I played the 360 as much I might be of a different mind.

[quote name='flowery']Shut up. I could say the same thing about the 360. I just like it and have been used to it since PS1. If I played the 360 as much I might be of a different mind.[/QUOTE]

Ever since PS1 the DS has just not felt right. It feels like a clumsy generic 3rd party controller. Ever since I played with the fat X360 controller I fell in love with the design, and even though I hated the controller S when it was first released I soon learned that it was one of the best innovations to controllers, and then came the X360 controller, somehow topping the S. They need to make the next PS controller ergonomic.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I don't know how you guys can play FPS with the DS3. :joystick:[/QUOTE]

Seriously. I had to get the adapter to use my 360 controller so I could play KZ2.

It was like night and day difference.

[quote name='manthing']Why do you even respond to that idiot?[/QUOTE]

I don't know. I keep giving him and his opinions the benefit of doubt that it's better than these other assholes.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Ever since PS1 the DS has just not felt right. It feels like a clumsy generic 3rd party controller. Ever since I played with the fat X360 controller I fell in love with the design, and even though I hated the controller S when it was first released I soon learned that it was one of the best innovations to controllers, and then came the X360 controller, somehow topping the S. They need to make the next PS controller ergonomic.[/QUOTE]

I loved the SNES controller and the PS controller is a variation of that. I have never owned and hardly played Xbox in my life and don't prefer it.

[quote name='flowery']I loved the SNES controller and the PS controller is a variation of that. I have never owned and hardly played Xbox in my life and don't prefer it.[/QUOTE]

The SNES controller was excellent for the type of gameplay offered on the SNES, but for today's gaming...no way. Even the N64 felt 100x's better than the DS while playing FPS games.

Since it's so familiar to you and you haven't really ventured into any other options out there, I can see why you favor it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back