The OTT is heading off to rehab

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno, I'm on another multi-day bender for personal reasons.

Not sure when I'll be done.

:beer:

Any reason to read this whole OTT or the last?

Not a reason to go back and read the last 2 OTTs.

To those who enjoyes Sucker Punch:

What inebriating chemicals were you under when yoou saw it?

I can't believe anyone saw/enjoyed this movie sober...kinda like Heavy Metal

Goddamn I cant wait for Arkham City to come out.

dI7ED.jpg

WB Manthang.

[quote name='manthing']Also, thanks for all the ATL advice h3ll.

Too bad I didn't know you wrote them scribes on CAG though.

If you let me know they were here, I woulda got/forwarded them.

[/QUOTE]

I'm glad you enjoyed it. As you probably know now- It's kind of a weird town for touristy stuff.

Shame I'm not there anymore, I'd gladly bought a few rounds to start off your visit.

[quote name='TheRock88']Goddamn I cant wait for Arkham City to come out.
[/QUOTE]

That's the coolest version of the Batman Beyond outfit I've ever seen. I don't recognize the 2nd one but damn he's scurry'.

Second one is Dark Knight Returns. Be awesome if they got Michael Ironside to do voice for that one like they did in the animated version of the story.

EDIT: From a Reddit post, it's:

Batman Beyond, Dark Knight Returns, Earth-Two, 1970's, Animated Series, Arkham Asylum/City

[quote name='TheRock88']

WB Manthang.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Minh.

I actually feel bad for that advice last year. I'm not a professional, nor could anyone expect the iPad2 to have such a HUGE affect.

This is why I quit being a profrssional guy like that: unless you're Nostradamus NOBODY can tell the future

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I'm glad you enjoyed it. As you probably know now- It's kind of a weird town for touristy stuff.

Shame I'm not there anymore, I'd gladly bought a few rounds to start off your visit.

That's the coolest version of the Batman Beyond outfit I've ever seen. I don't recognize the 2nd one but damn he's scurry'.[/QUOTE]

1st off, it was for my mom when she was down there a month ago.

But she had family(which none of us kids knew/cared about) down there, so she wasn't angray at all.

And why would a formal Olympic town be so odd for tourists?!?

Nor did I know it was here when she was down there.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Second one is Dark Knight Returns. Be awesome if they got Michael Ironside to do voice for that one like they did in the animated version of the story.

EDIT: From a Reddit post, it's:

Batman Beyond, Dark Knight Returns, Earth-Two, 1970's, Animated Series, Arkham Asylum/City[/QUOTE]

The Batman Beyond suit is inaccurate no matter if it's OLD BRUCE or Terry. Neither one of them were that crazy buff, and it makes that skin useless.

I've NEVER been a BB fan, yet that innacuracy strikes me as a waste and a slap in the face to those fans

It's probably because they wanted to re-use the model. Only model that actually seems different from the basic AC one is DKR. Animated Series even looks like just a shader change. Having the lanky BB version would probably fuck with animations and the like.

The models do suffer from the "This is the Unreal Engine, ADD MUSCLES TO EVERYTHING RIP AND TEAR" school of modelling though.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']It's probably because they wanted to re-use the model. Only model that actually seems different from the basic AC one is DKR. Animated Series even looks like just a shader change. Having the lanky BB version would probably fuck with animations and the like.

The models do suffer from the "This is the Unreal Engine, ADD MUSCLES TO EVERYTHING RIP AND TEAR" school of modelling though.[/QUOTE]

But............

That's what makes that model SO offensive.

Nobody that buff wore the suit. It's neither Unforgiven:Gran Torino Eastwood nor young Terry who did.

Which it becomes no longer fanservice, but shitty dev greed.

[quote name='seanr1221']Who's the Fatman?[/QUOTE]

Dark Knight Returns. Havent read the comic but read from somewhere that it's Bruce after a 10 year retirement hiatus.

If I had to choose a main costume to use, I'd go with the 3rd one.

[quote name='manthing']Thanks Minh.

I actually feel bad for that advice last year. I'm not a professional, nor could anyone expect the iPad2 to have such a HUGE affect.

This is why I quit being a profrssional guy like that: unless you're Nostradamus NOBODY can tell the future[/QUOTE]

It's cool man, my mom still has a lot of shares left so it wasnt that big of a hit for her.

[quote name='manthing']But............

Nobody that buff wore the suit. It's neither Unforgiven:Gran Torino Eastwood nor young Terry who did.

Which it becomes no longer fanservice, but shitty dev greed.[/QUOTE]

If it was a Batman Beyond game, I'd agree. But it's based on normal Batman, and that's just a skin which is in no way required for anything. If you really want to get into potential fan-bitching, none of those skins should be in the game because they aren't in the correct timeline.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']If it was a Batman Beyond game, I'd agree. But it's based on normal Batman, and that's just a skin which is in no way required for anything. If you really want to get into potential fan-bitching, none of those skins should be in the game because they aren't in the correct timeline.[/QUOTE]

lex-luthor-wrong1.jpg

No REAL BB fans would do this and get either non-HT Bruce nor Terry.

A BB that look that is offensove to the few BB fans that exist

[quote name='TheRock88']
It's cool man, my mom still has a lot of shares left so it wasnt that big of a hit for her.[/QUOTE]

What's the story here?

Hey, if you don't want to get AC over a single skin being too buff, that's fine by me. I wouldn't give a shit if the default skin was Adam West it's still going to be an awesome game.

[quote name='manthing']

And why would a formal Olympic town be so odd for tourists?!?

[/QUOTE]

Most of the cool tourist sutff only made it about 5 years after the 96 games and then folded up- save some of the better restaurants.

[quote name='manthing']

A BB that look that is offensove to the few BB fans that exist[/QUOTE]

At first I was going to disagree and say this was done to fit in with the jacked-up roided out game aesthetic- but if so, why does the animated series model lack the overly cut and ripped detail and yet the BB one has it?

My gut reaction is that I still like it, but your right about it.

Me likey the DKR skin.

But...know what'd really make me happy? An Owlman skin. (Well, Earth 2/ Crisis on Two Earths Owlman...)

Since I'm in fantasy land anyway, I want a Secret Six game. Now.

Arkham City looks so awesome. I can't wait.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Great freakin' game. It's one of the few games I actually was compelled to find all of the "collectibles," such as the life/wrath shards and armor pieces.[/QUOTE]

There's just something about that Zelda formula done right that's really fun.

[quote name='manthing']Hi folks(and especially malershed :bouncy:)! Long time no visit! It's storming, I ain't got to do anything for/with anybody and heat index will be close to 110° so i'm at home in the a/c and the ol' rotgut.

Did I miss anything? [/QUOTE]

:whee:

Sup manthing? And no didn't miss much other than our search for an OTT villain to give us all someone to rally against. Haven't found the right person yet but we've had a few applicants so far.

[quote name='munch']I have four credits at the yf360g.com site. 2 will be for Batman, 2 for Skyrim.[/QUOTE]

Nice! Same here, but battlefield 3 and skyrim instead :D

I just put some criterions on amazon, but if anyone is interested in Yi Yi, Red Beard, Ivan's Childhood, Burmese Harp, Files on the Plain, Black Orpheus, The Magic Flute, or Late Spring let me know. Almost all of those were the freebies from amazon 3 years ago.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']The Pepsi one? I know that gave me around half my Criterion Collection.[/QUOTE]

Yep. I remember getting about 30 packages one day. It was epic.

I'm trying to sell stuff to pay for research. I think that I've reached the point that I'm willing to part with almost all of my Criterion DVDs. I think. . . .

If you have "The Man Who Fell To Earth" and are willing to part with it let me know. One of the few OOP ones I'm still trying to track down and eBay prices are ridiculous.

I had so many packages one day the Post Office just gave me a mail bin to keep. Had that thing for a while before I decided it took up too much room and sent it back. Loved that exploit.

[quote name='manthing']But............

[/QUOTE]

Agree.

What do you think of Chris O'Donnell amalgam space marine Robin?

Thanks, Rock. I'm trying to browse the other forums more cause I've noticed I miss a lot of shit deal wise these days. :(

[quote name='MusicNoteLess']HOLY fuckING SHIT,. Poongko just raped the shit out of Daigo[/QUOTE]I lost my shit when he took off his belt and chugged that drank. Even my buddies that had no idea who they were or what was going on were really hype. :lol:

[quote name='MusicNoteLess']There might be a USA player that might win EVO. Shit's fucking crazy![/QUOTE]Latif reminds me of JFD. :lol:

[quote name='seanr1221']Won the gym contest. Thanks everyone.[/QUOTE]Congrats.

[quote name='Eviltude']I love how you gave the one a very dog like name in Peanut and the big, dumb one is just Jake.[/QUOTE]

Jake came with the name. We adopted him and he knew his name already. Peanut was a stray and we tried a dozen names and she didn't respond to any of them in particular, but she looked like a Peanut.

[quote name='manthing']Hi folks(and especially malershed :bouncy:)! Long time no visit! It's storming, I ain't got to do anything for/with anybody and heat index will be close to 110° so i'm at home in the a/c and the ol' rotgut.

Did I miss anything? [/QUOTE]

Hi Uncle Manwang!:bouncy:

[quote name='manthing']Dunno, I'm on another multi-day bender for personal reasons.

Not sure when I'll be done.

:beer:

Any reason to read this whole OTT or the last?[/QUOTE]

No.

Whatcha drinkin? Tequila? Rum? hmm?

[quote name='PlumeNoir']Finally fucking home from work. Now, I get to write some code to spoof specific MAC addresses with user-friendly toggles. Ugh.[/QUOTE]

At least one of your customers didn't die in your office today. One of my patients had a heart attack in my office first thing this morning. Fun way to start Monday off right!

[quote name='Chika']At least one of your customers didn't die in your office today. One of my patients had a heart attack in my office first thing this morning. Fun way to start Monday off right![/QUOTE]

That's only because I had soda and smokes; otherwise, I'd have a deathtoll. (Yeah, driving 200+ miles around today with no A/C really helped my mood.)

But hell...yeah...I think you win.

[quote name='Chika']At least one of your customers didn't die in your office today. One of my patients had a heart attack in my office first thing this morning. Fun way to start Monday off right![/QUOTE]

Monday's are the days most heart attacks occur.

Meeting at work tomorrow and a BBQ the next day. The BBQ makes me worry about the meeting. I have a feeling my 68 hour work weeks are about to turn into 84 hour work weeks.

[quote name='PlumeNoir']That's only because I had soda and smokes; otherwise, I'd have a deathtoll. (Yeah, driving 200+ miles around today with no A/C really helped my mood.)

But hell...yeah...I think you win.[/QUOTE]

1st patient of the morning had a coronary in the exam chair. We kept warning my manager that someone was going to throw a clot, we just thought it would be one of our employees having a stroke due to stress, not an elderly man having an infarct.

Then again, I regularly remind my manager that despite our regional supervisor treating it as "retail" we bill medicare, we have a doctor and he does exams, therefore we should be more considerate to the primarily geriatric population, such as no throw-rugs, no perfumes, no air fresheners, chairs that are easy to get in/out of. I mean, 80% of our patients are senior citizens, many are on oxygen tanks, and even more have diabetes/ cataracts/ glaucoma/ macular degeneration and have lots of difficulty when it comes to mobility.

[quote name='Chika']1st patient of the morning had a coronary in the exam chair. We kept warning my manager that someone was going to throw a clot, we just thought it would be one of our employees having a stroke due to stress, not an elderly man having an infarct.

Then again, I regularly remind my manager that despite our regional supervisor treating it as "retail" we bill medicare, we have a doctor and he does exams, therefore we should be more considerate to the primarily geriatric population, such as no throw-rugs, no perfumes, no air fresheners, chairs that are easy to get in/out of. I mean, 80% of our patients are senior citizens, many are on oxygen tanks, and even more have diabetes/ cataracts/ glaucoma/ macular degeneration and have lots of difficulty when it comes to mobility.[/QUOTE]

For some reason, that second paragraph sends a chill down my spine in regards to the state of anything medicinal in our society.

On the other hand, I'm going to tell everyone that Chika killed a man today. Withh sex, like Molly Shannon.

[quote name='PlumeNoir']For some reason, that second paragraph sends a chill down my spine in regards to the state of anything medicinal in our society.

On the other hand, I'm going to tell everyone that Chika killed a man today. Withh sex, like Molly Shannon.[/QUOTE]

You and me both. I have a M.S. in healthcare, I *fight* tooth and nail for patients. I'm currently in a fight with an insurance company for an 8 year old kid that's not able to see past the end of her nose (literally) to get thinner/lighter lenses since hers are over 2" thick. I'm at the point of pushing the order through, zeroing it out in the computer, and emailing my regional saying "fire me if you want to, but I couldn't sleep at night knowing that my patient, an 8 year old girl, had bleeding sores on her nose from the weight of her glasses."

And.... at least he died with a smile on his face? lol (the patient had a coronary during his exam and lived, but hey, maybe next time?)

[quote name='Chika']You and me both. I have a M.S. in healthcare, I *fight* tooth and nail for patients. I'm currently in a fight with an insurance company for an 8 year old kid that's not able to see past the end of her nose (literally) to get thinner/lighter lenses since hers are over 2" thick. I'm at the point of pushing the order through, zeroing it out in the computer, and emailing my regional saying "fire me if you want to, but I couldn't sleep at night knowing that my patient, an 8 year old girl, had bleeding sores on her nose from the weight of her glasses."

And.... at least he died with a smile on his face? lol (the patient had a coronary during his exam and lived, but hey, maybe next time?)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, people with souls like you are getting rarer it seems. :cry:

Huh, did you hear the latest about you? I heard that the patient only survived because you were spanking him at the time and that freed the clog.

Damn, no default party tomorrow. I was really looking forward to everything going in the shitter.

Well I caved and picked up Bottle Rocket and The Darjeeling Limited Criterion Blu's. Also threw in the new League of Extraordinary Gentleman Vol III: 1969 Graphic Novel that came out this week.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Hey, if you don't want to get AC over a single skin being too buff, that's fine by me. I wouldn't give a shit if the default skin was Adam West it's still going to be an awesome game.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to get Arkham City. But for the devs to act like He-Terry is an enticement to preorder at store X shows they don't really care about Bats Beyond fans* and feels like a cynical cash grab, which is all to common these days. The reason that stings was the first Bats AA felt like a game by fans for fans.

*I'm not a BB fan, especially since it killed BTAS/STAS. I never warmed up to it, even after it led to the awesome Justice League/JL Unlimited series.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Most of the cool tourist sutff only made it about 5 years after the 96 games and then folded up- save some of the better restaurants.
[/QUOTE]

Too bad, then again that city is far too spread out for it's own good.

Maybe a 'Real Housewives' theme park would help?

[quote name='PlumeNoir']
Since I'm in fantasy land anyway, I want a Secret Six game. Now.[/QUOTE]

Pre or post Bane?

[quote name='Maklershed']Sup manthing? And no didn't miss much other than our search for an OTT villain to give us all someone to rally against. Haven't found the right person yet but we've had a few applicants so far.[/QUOTE]

TBH, without the monotony of a desk job for the OTT to distract me from, I haven't really missed it here.

I'm sure if I ever get another desk job I'll become more active again, but logging in here is a real PITA when I'm on a phone.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Agree.

What do you think of Chris O'Donnell amalgam space marine Robin?[/QUOTE]

I'd be OK with it if digital distribution wasn't killing the game industry I've grown up with since they made nickelodeons with nude women.

[quote name='TheRock88']Free Ice-T character code for Gears of War 3. Facebook required and you need to let them to allow your info to get the code.
[/QUOTE]

Not worth creating a fake facebook account for.

[quote name='Chika']
Hi Uncle Manwang!:bouncy:

Whatcha drinkin? Tequila? Rum? hmm?[/QUOTE]

Bacardi, even against my better health. After the last 2 times I went after big benders, I woke up with taste buds that made everything taste like shit. Last time it took 5 days before I could actually eat food and taste it normally.

[quote name='PlumeNoir']That's only because I had soda and smokes[/QUOTE]

Smoking? That's another vice that's raising my blood pressure.

But after restarting it in New Orleans last year, I couldn't imagine a day without a smooth Laramie Hi-Tar

[quote name='manthing']I'm going to get Arkham City. But for the devs to act like He-Terry is an enticement to preorder at store X shows they don't really care about Bats Beyond fans* and feels like a cynical cash grab, which is all to common these days. The reason that stings was the first Bats AA felt like a game by fans for fans.

*I'm not a BB fan, especially since it killed BTAS/STAS. I never warmed up to it, even after it led to the awesome Justice League/JL Unlimited series.

Too bad, then again that city is far too spread out for it's own good.

Maybe a 'Real Housewives' theme park would help?

Pre or post Bane?

TBH, without the monotony of a desk job for the OTT to distract me from, I haven't really missed it here.

I'm sure if I ever get another desk job I'll become more active again, but logging in here is a real PITA when I'm on a phone.

I'd be OK with it if digital distribution wasn't killing the game industry I've grown up with since they made nickelodeons with nude women.

Not worth creating a fake facebook account for.

Bacardi, even against my better health. After the last 2 times I went after big benders, I woke up with taste buds that made everything taste like shit. Last time it took 5 days before I could actually eat food and taste it normally.

Smoking? That's another vice that's raising my blood pressure.

But after restarting it in New Orleans last year, I couldn't imagine a day without a smooth Laramie Hi-Tar[/QUOTE]

Booo to rum. Speaking of taste buds, I'm on steroid eye drops and they drain into my nose, which then does the post-nasal thing, and damn, they taste like crap. I can't taste food for an hour after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back