The OTT is ready for some football!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll have to keep that in mind. Mainly as I suck at interviews and feel like I should look for a new job soon.

But as I expected, the new schedule sucks. They keep putting me on as cart attendant when I'm crosstrained in basically everything but cafe/starbucks and the leadership positions. Sucks too. We had four cart guys when we opened, one is a minor and is only available one day a week now because of school and the other guy somehow got out of it and is mainly a cashier now (lucky bastard). It sucks though, as if I tried to get out of it, I would fail miserably. I almost left Target before I moved because I was always cart attendant, and now it feels like it's happening again. First month was good at the new store as I was getting hours at just about every position, but now it's mainly carts and haven't worked service desk (except to cover breaks) in over a month which sucks because that's probably my favorite position.

And of course, it feels like I can't even look for a new job right now anyways, as every place that is hiring (or will be) in retail is going to be looking for seasonal help. Sure, it might be easy to land a job, but keeping it is another story. And then there's Sheetz, which if I did attempt to work there (which is difficult for me because of their mto), I couldn't really apply until after New Years. Sure, I could apply now, but the only reason I'm not applying now (other than the mto) is they're open 24/7 365 days a week. And the one thing I like about Target is the fact they're closed certain holidays so I actually can visit family which is a hour and a half away.

In other words, it feels like I'm trapped at Target until at least January. And I know I'm going to keep getting cart shifts in the winter which really sucks as I did it last winter too. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll hire some seasonal cart attendants and I can get shifts in other workcenters again. Too bad that won't happen for at least another month probably.

And to cap it all off, on the drive home tonight, I get a suspicion that my car battery is dying. Which is fucking great. It seems like everything that can go wrong, will go wrong. Don't know when the next time I'll top 1k in my account will be since I now have to buy a car battery, christmas shopping at some point 'soon' and then a car inspection by march (or earlier if I'm caught living in PA with my WV tags still).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back