The OTT Thread - Gen. Discussion & Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Mojimbo']Are you getting Scene It, Brax0r?[/QUOTE]
Should I?

[quote name='Brak']I'm a little concerned with his musical legacy, as he thinks his latest album was his best.[/quote]

He's not exactly batting a 1,000 with his movies either. That being said, I'm looking forward to El Superbeasto and Tyrannosaurus Rex.

[quote name='Brak']No.

I won't be able to hear it until Friday. (At work, as I don't have audio.)

Is it from a new album, or is it for one of his films? And does it slightly stink like his last album?[/quote]
Still haven't got your sound card fixed?

You'll find there's a slightly smaller chance of the moderators deleting your posts if you don't say incriminating things, tiredfornoww.

I'm cool with a post being deleted now since its obvious why they're being deleted, but I'm not gonna act stupid like the rest of you guys so Shrike won't come up in here and arrest us. Everybody knows whos who and who does what by now, so why get all manthing up in here? : ]

It's $8 for 1 DVD out at a time and unlimited streaming, Ackbar.[quote name='Moxio']I hate that wolve11 dude. >:^$[/QUOTE]I'm pretty sure all DT778 did was clamp it and then put it back together, never reapplying new thermal paste to it.

Buying a RROD'ed 360 off craigslist and hoping to fix it back up isn't that smart if you're serious about wanting a 360. Clamping it is only a temporary solution and not all RROD boxes are repairable, even the ones that are repairable require extensive work to them. That's what I gathered from when I was looking into it a couple weeks back at X-S.

[quote name='Mojimbo']It's $8 for 1 DVD out at a time and unlimited streaming, Ackbar.I'm pretty sure all DT778 did was clamp it and then put it back together, never reapplying new thermal paste to it.

I hope you're not buying a RROD'ed 360 off craigslist and hoping to fix it back up. Clamping it is only a temporary solution and not all RROD boxes are repairable. That's what I gathered from when I was looking into it a couple weeks back at X-S.[/QUOTE]

Nah. I'm thinking of buying a cool 360 off CL for $100 and then putting on paste for myself so I don't have to send it in to Microsoft if/when it busts. >:O

Worst comes to worst, I can always send it to My Boy, My Ni*ga, and he "can fix it guaranteed"! :^D

Do those xecuter pads work well as preventatives?

Salim, are you OK? Are you OK? Are you OK, Salim?

You've been hit by -- You've been struck by, a Salim Criminal.

No. It's a cool 360 with a new Samsung drive. I'm deciding whether to put some preventative pads that Xecuter makes or paste or what, if I get it (which I probably will if it works). I mean, $100. :\

That makes about as much sense as marten buying that "new" $150 360 premium bundle off ebay that ended up being broken, used and covered in boogers.

Good luck with that, though.

[quote name='PlumeNoir']You and me both.[/quote]

my commute was as long as yours today. and i got a driving through new jersey bonus multiplier, too.

[quote name='Chika']my commute was as long as yours today. and i got a driving through new jersey bonus multiplier, too.[/quote]

The only thing I can say is there are no toll roads in Michigan.

On the other hand, I could tell it was the end of the month because I saw all the police cars sitting in their usual hiding spots, waiting to pull people over. They always say there are no quotas, yet I see the same cops at the same spots the last week of every month...

[quote name='Moxio']How much did you spend on your 360 and was used/new, Mojimbo?[/QUOTE]It'll be $280 after I get the cashback for a brand new Elite with one of the last BenQs ever produced(seriously, mine has a manufacture date of 4/23 and they started putting in LOs on the 25th.) I've got 2 transfer cables that I should be able to get $50-$80 back from selling plus the weird 360 Elite HDMI video cable that I can sell since I'll never use which should bring it down to $200. Plus I still have my old RROD box and drive that I can sell once I get it fixed.

[quote name='Mojimbo']It'll be $280 after I get the cashback for a brand new Elite with one of the last BenQs ever produced(seriously, mine has a manufacture date of 4/23 and they started putting in LOs on the 25th.) I've got 2 transfer cables that I should be able to get $50-$80 back from selling plus the weird 360 Elite HDMI video cable that I can sell since I'll never use which should bring it down to $200. Plus I still have my old RROD box and drive that I can sell once I get it fixed.[/QUOTE]

Was it some independent seller?

[quote name='PlumeNoir']The only thing I can say is there are no toll roads in Michigan.

On the other hand, I could tell it was the end of the month because I saw all the police cars sitting in their usual hiding spots, waiting to pull people over. They always say there are no quotas, yet I see the same cops at the same spots the last week of every month...[/quote]

yeah i had tolls, too. the cops were sitting in their usual spots here, too.

It was from some dude would would buy shit from Dell at a discount that he saw on fatwallet or Slickdeals and then resell for a profit on ebay.

The problem is that there's a ton of those Dell holiday 360 bundles but most people don't have the manufacture date listed.

I see.

Do you seriously think I should back out of the deal? I asked Zew and he thought it was worth a shot, as did Casey. I think it's worth it; even if it RRODs I can try to fix it myself for like $10-15, and if that doesn't work, I can get it professionally fixed for like $60.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back