The overstock.com orders for Halo 2

I preordered Halo 2 LE for like $43 shipped back in April, mine hasn't shipped yet though. Would be great if they did ship today, but it'll still suck because they ship media mail. I'm glad this is my 2nd copy because I already have a preorder with the EB next door for free with trade-ins, and they're open at midnight.

Yeah, I just checked the status of my order and it shows it will ship out on Nov. 9. My order is also for the LE Halo 2.

Weird, I got an e-mail, and it even has the postal number (not a trackable one) right next to it.

I have a feeling mine shipped out quickly because I got into a fight with their customer service people. It seems to speak volumes when you threaten to never do business with them again.

must be nice. I just talked to a rep and she said mine wouldnt ship out for another couple of days. I preordered back in June.

I preorded the LE back in July but I dont know if mine has shipped. the status on the website says that it is in process, does that means its on its way to my house or does it mean something else.

Yeah, mine was supposed to ship from GA and I got an e-mail saying it shipped friday. Yet I sit here 4 shipping days later with no Halo 2. I don't really care that I can't play Halo 2, but the way Overstock.com handled my order so far (I had a few spats with their reps) guarantees I will never shop with them again regardless of their prices.

[quote name='nsain']my problem is there is no Halo 2 LE on the overstock.com website any longer.[/quote]

That's because it was limited :twisted:

Mine didn't ship until today. Consdering they had my order AND my money for months, you'd think they could have shipped it no later than Monday.

Mine says shipped Monday the 8th. Has tracking number, but usps.com says tracking info not purchased. Its media mail, so I'm expecting next week at best.

I feel bad for whoever has to wait for this and doesn't already have a copy.

got it for $40 after tax with free players guide at Target (31% off raincheck) . . . I'm always so tempted by the mail order deals but can't stand the wait.

I still haven't gotten mine from them, it is now the 13th, and I called them and they said it shipped on the 5th--WTF? That is 8 days, and still no Halo 2 LE--I am quite pissed off!! :evil:

[quote name='EvilE']I still haven't gotten mine from them, it is now the 13th, and I called them and they said it shipped on the 5th--WTF? That is 8 days, and still no Halo 2 LE--I am quite pissed off!! :evil:[/quote]

Ask them to provide a tracking # and go find out where it's at.

Yeah, I'm irked about this. fuck the 5 bucks I saved. When I pre-order DVDs from DDDVD, they actually time it out for the DVD to arrive at your door by the street date.

Overstock on the other hand must think, "Hey, we're getting pre-orders on this item MONTHS before it comes out, that must mean these customers are willing to wait 5 to 10 days after everybody else gets theirs."

Good job Overstock. They just lost a customer for life. Whether it is under their control or not, it doesn't matter. I'm done with them.

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='EvilE']I still haven't gotten mine from them, it is now the 13th, and I called them and they said it shipped on the 5th--WTF? That is 8 days, and still no Halo 2 LE--I am quite pissed off!! :evil:[/quote]

Ask them to provide a tracking # and go find out where it's at.[/quote]

There is no tracking number--I even called them, and they said "it was shipped on the 5th by USPS, if it doesn't arrive by the middle of next week, call us back." Jackasses..........

[quote name='EvilE'][quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='EvilE']I still haven't gotten mine from them, it is now the 13th, and I called them and they said it shipped on the 5th--WTF? That is 8 days, and still no Halo 2 LE--I am quite pissed off!! :evil:[/quote]

There is no tracking number--I even called them, and they said "it was shipped on the 5th by USPS, if it doesn't arrive by the middle of next week, call us back." Jackasses..........[/quote]

I check my email back in Nov. 6 saying it was shipped. I logged in to overstock account and said it was shipped on the 5th too. I still haven't gotten my copy. I bought stuff from them before, and it arrived in like 3-5 days. I'm PO too.

I also got the email fri, I guess they had to wait til street date to ship it. I checked my account on their site and saw the shipping details that it left the wherehouse on tuesday. So try goin to overstock.com and checking your order status since it might be trackable now.

No they didn't have to wait, and the losers didn't have to send it the cheapest possible way with no tracking. So if it doesn't show, they may or may not make it good, but you can plan on it taking another 2 weeks to get a replacement.

Lucky for me I'm still two levels from finishing the first Halo but this whole thing just rubs me the wrong way and I can't even remember the last time I ordered something except from Ebay that didn't have tracking.

And if it is true it went media mail I don't remember any of hundreds of mail order game purchases coming that way, not even previous orders from Overstock. I just got Billy Hatcher from them a few months ago.

[quote name='Hot Sizzle']I also got the email fri, I guess they had to wait til street date to ship it.[/quote]

[quote name='EvilE'][quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='EvilE']I still haven't gotten mine from them, it is now the 13th, and I called them and they said it shipped on the 5th--WTF? That is 8 days, and still no Halo 2 LE--I am quite pissed off!! :evil:[/quote]

There is no tracking number--I even called them, and they said "it was shipped on the 5th by USPS, if it doesn't arrive by the middle of next week, call us back." Jackasses..........[/quote]

It sounds like they did it media mail without any kind of DC or anything on it. Which is completely moronic and foolish on their part, though their option.

I've ordered one item from them, a down comforter, and they sent me a tracking # on it. Might've been because they couldn't send it media mail, but they did send me a tracking # on it.

I'd call them, speak with a supervisor, and demand a refund, proof they sent it with some form of tracking (which is sounds like they won't/can't do), or them to send you a replacement. If they send you a replacement, demand it shipped at no cost to you, through some trackable means as UPS/Airborne/FedEx, ovenight, and require your shipping charges back.

If that still doesn't work, file a complaint with the BBB. Also might want to refute the charge with your credit card company or the bank. Even if they sent it media mail, you should have it by today.

Well, I couldn't wait to play it, so I went to CC and bought it. I got the regular Halo 2 (with free Halo 2 watch). I have been playing it all weekend--great game!! If and when the Halo 2 LE shows up, I will just leave it unopened--maybe worth something someday!?

Recieved my overstock.com order of Halo 2 about an hour or two ago. Shipped in a brown cardboard-ish envelope. Glad I picked mine up at midnight at EB, but thank god my 2nd copy is finally here.

Are you two that got it on the west coast by any chance? I'm still waiting, but its good to know that people are finally starting to get them.

[quote name='Tromack']I got mine last Friday. My friend picked it up Monday at midnight, so I didn't miss a thing and I got it for cheaper.[/quote]

Ditto.

[quote name='Hot Sizzle']Are you two that got it on the west coast by any chance? I'm still waiting, but its good to know that people are finally starting to get them.[/quote]

As a matter of fact, yes. I'm in CA. I pre-ordered the day Cheapy announced it, they shipped it last Monday, the day before launch, and it arrived the following Tuesday. One week AFTER launch date.

But what they should've done, IMHO, is ship them out the week before so they would arrive at your doorstep on launch day. I get that deal with pre-ordered DVDs all the time.

So now, instead of becoming heroes to thousands of customers, they've just lost thousands of potential regulars. I know I ain't going back. It's the internet, competition is just a mouse click away.

[quote name='Fungi'][quote name='Hot Sizzle']Are you two that got it on the west coast by any chance? I'm still waiting, but its good to know that people are finally starting to get them.[/quote]

As a matter of fact, yes. I'm in CA. I pre-ordered the day Cheapy announced it, they shipped it last Monday, the day before launch, and it arrived the following Tuesday. One week AFTER launch date.

But what they should've done, IMHO, is ship them out the week before so they would arrive at your doorstep on launch day. I get that deal with pre-ordered DVDs all the time.

So now, instead of becoming heroes to thousands of customers, they've just lost thousands of potential regulars. I know I ain't going back. It's the internet, competition is just a mouse click away.[/quote]

I recomend MTV.com as an alternative

Mine arrived on the 15th, but Overstock lost a customer. First they won't let you cancel, and that is not made clear before ordering. Then they don't ship it the day stated in the e-mail. And they can't even provide tracking for the hassle. Not to mention hapless customer service. They can provide free hookers that are hot and AIDS free and I still won't do business with them. fuck you Overstock.

It is the 20th now--still hasn't arrived!!! Unfarking believable!! Are you all having this problem or is it just me??? OVERSTOCK.COM SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i got mine like 2 days ago and im still pissed. I got 2 day shipping on that mofo and i get it OVER A WEEK AFTER RELEASE!!!!! im never ordering from them ever again(unless there is something really good)

Well it came today--the box had a crunched corner, and guess what? So does the corner of the metal case of the game!! It finally comes and it is dented--nice. :x

bread's done
Back