Maklershed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
77 (100%)
Coming March 2010

I absolutely can not wait for this series to hit tv

http://www.hbo.com/the-pacific

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e99B80crU3E

Executive produced by Tom Hanks, Steven Spielberg, and Gary Goetzman, The Pacific is an epic ten-part miniseries. The Pacific tracks the intertwined real-life stories of three U.S. Marines Robert Leckie, John Basilone, and Eugene Sledge across the vast canvas of the Pacific Theater during World War II. The miniseries follows these men and their fellow Marines from their first battle with the Japanese on Guadalcanal, through the rain forests of Cape Gloucester and the strongholds of Peleliu, across the bloody sands of Iwo Jima and through the horror of Okinawa, and finally to their triumphant but uneasy return home after V-J Day.

The Pacific is based in part on the books Helmet for My Pillow, by Robert Leckie, and With the Old Breed, by Eugene B. Sledge, with additional material from Red Blood, Black Sand, by Chuck Tatum, and China Marine, by Eugene B. Sledge, as well as original interviews conducted by the filmmakers.

CAST
* Joseph Mazzello – Corporal Eugene "Sledgehammer" Sledge
* Jon Seda – Gunnery Sergeant John Basilone
* James Badge Dale – Private First Class Robert Leckie
* William Sadler – Colonel Lewis "Chesty" Puller
* Isabel Lucas – Gwen
* Penny McNamee – Hope
* Cariba Heine – Phyllis
* Jacob Pitts – Bill "Hoosier" Smith
* Ashton Holmes – Sid Phillips
* Nikolai Nikolaeff – Rear Echelon Man
* Brendan Fletcher – Bill Leyden
* Matt Craven – Dr. Grant
* Nathan Corddry – Private Loudmouth
* Rami Malek – Merriell "Snafu" Shelton
* Matthew Dale – Sergeant John Marmet
* Damon Herriman – Merrin
* Grant Cartwright – Captain Midnight
* Ben Esler – Pfc. Charles "Chuck" Tatum
* Joshua Close – Edward Sledge
* Jon Bernthal – Manuel Rodriguez
* Gary Sweet – Haney
* Martin McCann – Corporal R. V. Burgin
* Keith Nobbs – "Runner"
* Leon Ford – Lieutenant Edward "Hillbilly" Jones
* Freddie Joe Farnsworth – Lieutenant "Stumpy" Stanley
* Simon Bossell – Doc Stern
* Tom Budge – Ronnie Gibson
* Braydn Michael – Robert Marshall
* Scott Gibson – Captain Andrew "Ack Ack" Haldane
* Joshua Biton – Sergeant J. P. Morgan
* Josh Helman – Lou "Chuckler" Juergens
* David Ludlow – Pvt. Lil'One
* Frank Lee – Chuck "Cho" Yang
* Henry Nixon – Lieutenant Hugh "Ivy League" Corrigan
* Dwight Braswell – Steve Evanson
* Anna Torv – (uncredited)
* Mauricio Merino Jr – Handyboy
* Karl Cottee – Corporal Pegg
* Claire van der Boom – Stella
* Mark Trezise – LVT Driver
* Ashley Zukerman – Lt. Mac
* Annie Parisse – Lena
* Dylan Hyne – Pvt. Packer

Although I'm pretty tired of WW2 media told from a US perspective (I'm American btw), I will probably watch this anyway. Band of Brothers was fresh enough to enjoy.

[quote name='guardianlegend']Although I'm pretty tired of WW2 media told from a US perspective (I'm American btw), I will probably watch this anyway. Band of Brothers was fresh enough to enjoy.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we need some more stories from the Polish. For example, just how the fuck did they think horses were an effective counter to tanks?

Wow. This was supposed to come out a couple years ago and kinda just fell off the radar. I'm surprised it's just a little over a month until it's on. I'm pumped for this.

Band of Brothers is my favorite TV series of all time. Hopefully this won't disappoint. It looks great.

Just hope that there are no jarring cameos from random comedians like Fallon in BoB.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='crunchb3rry']^ "Private Carrot Top, get on that MG! Let 'em have it!"[/QUOTE]

Now I'm going to have nightmares of Dane Cook hamming it up while busting out a flamethrower or something.

My friend was a "significant screen time" extra in the Red Dawn remake that's coming out and did a lot of scenes with Isabel Lucas. I didn't know she was going to be in this, he should be pumped for that.

Not to derail the topic, but I've seen BoB probably half a dozen times now, and I STILL laugh when Schwimmer first shows up..."You men are STANDING at ATTENTION!" Ok, whatever you say, Ross.

...although to be fair, he played that part perfectly and definitely made you dislike him.

[quote name='KaneRobot']
...although to be fair, he played that part perfectly and definitely made you dislike him.[/QUOTE]

Made you feel sorry for him too. Also made you respect him in subtle ways. Which is how Dick Winters described all the men's feelings towards him in the book. That he was robbed of Easy Company, and that their hatred of him inadvertently made them better soldiers, that he was intentionally an asshole. Most consider the "brothers" aspect the direct result of Sobel being like an abusive father. Schwimmer did a great job summing up all those opinions on Sobel.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']I would prefer to see a Band of Blues Brothers fighting against the evils of glam rock.[/QUOTE]
Oh yeah.:cool:

bread's done
Back