The Paranormal

BluesCluesMama

CAGiversary!
Do you believe? If so, why? Have you had any experinces? If you're skeptical please give us thorough reasons why you are.(Wanted to make this a poll but didn't see the option).

I'm too busy preparing for the zombie apocalypse to care about the paranormal.

We built our house in a neighborhood that is an old civil war battle ground. My little sister has claimed to have seen "glowing people" in my room before.

Also i was in the kitchen getting something to eat really late at night, and when the kitchen lights are on at night u can only see ur reflection in the window on the back door, you cannot see out. I was eating a snack and looking at the door (i was standing still) and i saw a dark shadow go past me really fast in the reflection. I would assume since i was the only person awake, and i was standing still that it was possibly something paranormal.

Several times i've been in the kitchen and swore i heard my bedroom door slam or my closet doors slam, but when i checked they were all still open like i left them.

Also in general my house gives me an uneasy feeling. I always have that feeling like something in watching me or following me when i'm going around my house at night. I figured i just felt like that because it was late at night, dark, etc, but in the same situation at my apartment here at school or at my girlfriends house i dont have that same uneasy feeling.

Also i've use a ouiji board at a friends house where a 18 yr old kid was shot a few years back, and contacted him. I didnt know anything about the kid besides his name but i was controlling the board and asking questions and my friends who were watching(they went to school with the kid) say the answers were right, so theres not really a way that i could've been making things up like i wanted to see them.

I somewhat want to do this at my house because i'm almost positive theres something paranormal there, but if i ended up contacting some crazy ass spirit i'd never be able to sleep in my house again so i dont want to try it.

[quote name='Apossum']I'm too busy preparing for the zombie apocalypse to care about the paranormal.[/quote]

i agree with you on that i believe that it will happen eventually. as far as the paranormal goes yeah ive seen things and felt things i couldnt fully explain. as a kid i saw a shadow person standing over my bed one night with a knife ( maybe 4 or 5 years old when that happened).

i used to dream about the future years in advance mostly stuff that dealt with me and because of that i avoidedalot of shit but in the end i lost that ability.

ive also had some other odd shit happening in my dreams before like people or things coming in and stalking me in my dreams that shit is very unnerving especially when you cant wake up from it.

i believe in it and have had a very huge interest in the topic since i was 9, i believe in ghosts 100%, experiences, yes, some in my house (my mom has seen it, and so have her ex bf's, basically old man who walks around, it was the guy who sold us the house and lived here for ages, before us obviously lol)
ive heard noises, footsteps, my door opened up by itself, my friends have seen it too, only one gets freaked out by it now since it only seems to walk around and open a door slowly here and there. used to have tapping on walls and lights going on and off , but that's stopped.
ive done the whole "ghost hunting" thing, it's a blast, pretty scary, but you level up fast and gain courage boosts really fast :p

i gotta go to school though, im keeping this thread saved for later!

I've dabbled in it. Enough to have a healthy respect. :lol:

Although recently I haven't been as active as I'd like to be.

There's plenty of reason to be skeptical, very little if anything has been scientifically proven about the paranormal. At this point you basically have to make a judgement on the ppl who claim to have the experiences, and the validity of videotape footage where it exists.

Personally I'm more interested in contacting spiritual entities then anything else.

Nope. Too many cases can be explained away too easily. More often than not people jump to conclusions. Like they think they saw something in the corner of their eye, and suddenly it becomes their great grandfather warned them about the apocalypse, creaky old buildings become haunted. The mind plays a lot of tricks on you. UFOs aren't always so easy to explain, but I find it very hard to believe a little green man flew a trillion light years to abduct a hillbilly and then call it a day.

In the end, I believe there is nothing out there but you, me and about seven billion other idiots.

[quote name='Cracka']We built our house in a neighborhood that is an old civil war battle ground. My little sister has claimed to have seen "glowing people" in my room before.

Also i was in the kitchen getting something to eat really late at night, and when the kitchen lights are on at night u can only see ur reflection in the window on the back door, you cannot see out. I was eating a snack and looking at the door (i was standing still) and i saw a dark shadow go past me really fast in the reflection. I would assume since i was the only person awake, and i was standing still that it was possibly something paranormal.

Several times i've been in the kitchen and swore i heard my bedroom door slam or my closet doors slam, but when i checked they were all still open like i left them.

Also in general my house gives me an uneasy feeling. I always have that feeling like something in watching me or following me when i'm going around my house at night. I figured i just felt like that because it was late at night, dark, etc, but in the same situation at my apartment here at school or at my girlfriends house i dont have that same uneasy feeling.

Also i've use a ouiji board at a friends house where a 18 yr old kid was shot a few years back, and contacted him. I didnt know anything about the kid besides his name but i was controlling the board and asking questions and my friends who were watching(they went to school with the kid) say the answers were right, so theres not really a way that i could've been making things up like i wanted to see them.

I somewhat want to do this at my house because i'm almost positive theres something paranormal there, but if i ended up contacting some crazy ass spirit i'd never be able to sleep in my house again so i dont want to try it.[/quote]

Don't mess with ouiji boards. They can invite more of the paranormal in than you would like. o.o My friend once had a small child's spirit follow her home from a cemetary when we were ghost hunting using a ouiji board. She was coming home from work the next day, by herself in the car. She went to turn off the radio and as soon as she shut it off she heard the little girl giggle way in the back seat of the van. We were doing the board nearby the crypt of a little girl from the early 1800's so I'm guessing it may have been her.

[quote name='BluesCluesMama']Don't mess with ouiji boards. They can invite more of the paranormal in than you would like. o.o My friend once had a small child's spirit follow her home from a cemetary when we were ghost hunting using a ouiji board. She was coming home from work the next day, by herself in the car. She went to turn off the radio and as soon as she shut it off she heard the little girl giggle way in the back seat of the van. We were doing the board nearby the crypt of a little girl from the early 1800's so I'm guessing it may have been her.[/quote]

But isn't that what you wanted?

To me this reads like an advertisement for ouija boards more then anything else :)

Heck no. lol I hate ouiji boards. I like the paranormal and all, but when it comes to the spirits of children that creeps me the fuck out. I'm glad I wasn't in the car with her at the time cuz I would have probably jumped out while it was moving. lmao

Nope.

People are really open to suggestion. If they want something to happen, it will. There is no talking those people out of their 'experiences'. I used to believe in it a good deal more when I was younger, but I grew up, I understand things a lot better, and my blind faith in it failed.
I still like to visit haunted places, I loved to go on New Orleans 'ghost tours' when I could visit my grandmother, and I really enjoyed some of the stories and places in Chicago like Bachelor's Grove Cemetery, and Catacombs in Paris ...but I like them as a touristy thing to do, getting a little alternative history can be a lot of fun.

While I love the paranormal, I know things like Ghosts aren't real. However Demons are real, and can very well do things, like ghosts are usually portrayed as doing. I have a few friends who have all experienced this first hand.

[quote name='darthbudge']Demons are real, and can very well do things, like ghosts are usually portrayed as doing. I have a few friends who have all experienced this first hand.[/quote]

:whistle2:k

No, but is funny watching people try to "detect" them with their "equipment."

those folks have probably watched ghostbusters one too many times.

[quote name='JolietJake']No, but is funny watching people try to "detect" them with their "equipment."

those folks have probably watched ghostbusters one too many times.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but Ghostbusters is based on real life events...

I believe in all things paranormal since I was 10, and have been interested since then, yet I have yet to encounter a paranormal experience yet.

I dont believe in ghosts. I believe in crooked real estate developers though ....

phantom20scooby20doo20umv6.jpg

[quote name='trek813']No, however I like to watch Ghost Hunters and Paranormal State.[/quote]

ghost hunters used to be cool but now its more about the people and less about the acutal hauntings. that guy steve is a total douchebag to boot. besiade there were 2 ghost hunting shows on way before those that easily were the best on tv and had alot of cool shit show up on them. 1 was mtvs Fear and the other was a show on vh1 that was basically Fear but with celebrities.

if you can ever track down fear find the episode they did iin i believe in south america in a mine. that place was so haunted nobody completed the mission. the first group they sent down there quit and then they went in with another one where i believe maybe 1 or 2 people stayed for most of it but still left.

the first group they had in there you actually see a ghosts walk past the camera. it was during a part where this chick was in the control room talking to one of her temmates who went out to do a mission. the compuer they and flickers and then cut off and then the power cuts off with only some emergency lights on. shes talking on the walkie talkie and then you see the clear shadow of a man walking past her and out of view.

i knwo you will probably say it was a cameraman but the thing is there werent any camerra men in there. they went in with only the cameras on them and whats worse the chick who was in that episode confirmed that there was nobody in there with her and she didnt see the shadow herself until she saw the actual episode( this was posted on the mtv website message board). oddly enough after the second time out to the mine they show was cancelled and never brought back.

ok heres a link to youtube where you can see the mine episode theyre missing the first part ( its cut up in 5 parts) but the other 4 are there and its worth a view.
mine part 2 ( 1st group )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeKFfGbZvzY&feature=related

mine part 1 (2nd group )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J_-v96vJM0&feature=related

Oh yeah I forgot about fear! I used to watch this show every night, it scared me pretty good. Thanks for putting that link up, I haven't seen this episode yet.

bread's done
Back