The party is over for Party Down

Maybe that was the problem...

the show does have a lot of buzz surrounding it for a Starz series, it's very funny.

If there was ever a show that would benefit from a OnDemand/Netflix type rating, this is it. According to the article I read, the finale was only watched by about 74,000 people (though, by comparison, I think Gravity did WAY WAY WAY less than that). Problem is, I don't think many people, as evidenced by that number, watched this when it aired. Hell, I usually watched it OnDemand, because the episodes went up DAYS before the 'initial' airing date. Regardless, Rob Thomas (who isn't the one that'll cut you) seemed to imply that the real cancellation reason was that Starz hired a new president, the guy who was at HBO when HBO initially passed on Party Down, and that a third season likely would've happened if the old president was still around. One of my other quibbles is, really, it was a half-hour comedy on Friday night on a channel that isn't known for original programming. The sheer fact that it even got a second season is a miracle.

It's a shame, certainly, but it ended on a strong note, so I can live with it. Plus, it avoids the issues of Ryan Hansen and Adam Scott having other jobs.

Awesome show.

To everyone who is unfamiliar with it, it's on Netflix instant stream.

And yeah, the ratings were much worse this season, but I knew more people watching it than before.

Part of the problem was... it was on Netflix instant right away each episode, as you said, it was ondemand before the episode even aired, and it's on Friday nights at 10.

But I also agree, they lost 3 main cast members from the original 6 anyway. It's almost better to go out in the blaze of glory.

BUT I guess there still is a chance Showtime or FX could pick it up.

Wow, this is really disappointing, Party Down was one of my favorite shows. There were so many parts in it that were freaking hilarious. Almost makes me want to cancel Starz, I can't think of anything else I'd really want to watch on it.

bread's done
Back