The Path by Tale of Tales

Razzuel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
Has anyone else played The Path yet? I beat the game yesterday and I was looking to see what everyone else thought of it. If anyone is considering the game I suggest you avoid as much information as possible in order to prevent ruining some of the experience.

http://tale-of-tales.com/ThePath/

There are a bunch of ways in which you can purchase it, however, it is a dollar off on Steam until Sunday.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']I haven't played it but all I've heard is the game alludes to a wolf raping you?[/quote]

No, that is not what the game is about at all. It sounds like whoever you heard that from has not played the game either. I am wary to explain myself because I do not want to be too explicit and reveal anything worth experiencing on your own—well that is if you intend to play it.

I guess the most cryptic answer without omitting the details in your question would be:
yes, there is a wolf and The Path does cover mature themes.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']I heard about it on Joystiq's latest podcast. I'm very interested in it but I'm a pussy. Is it really scary?[/quote]

It is a horror game, but I would characterize it as being unsettling and creepy instead of scary. Can you name some games that were too scary for you so that I may have some context?

Did you try their other game? I think it's called The Graveyard. It's $5 on Steam currently. I like how the difference between the demo and the actual game is that your character can die.

Honestly, I tried The Graveyard and couldn't really see the point. I know it's supposed to be art and all, but nothing happened. And that bitch walks really slow.

I played the demo of The Graveyard and I was not impressed. It was artistic, but I never felt an attachment to the character; the game seemed pointless and after the demo was over the game explained that the full version has one other feature—death—which exacerbated the pointlessness for me.

[quote name='Razzuel']It is a horror game, but I would characterize it as being unsettling and creepy instead of scary. Can you name some games that were too scary for you so that I may have some context?[/QUOTE]

Well unsettling I'm probably okay with. What I don't like are things popping out in front of you and screaming or something like that. I guess cheap scares I'm against, but a good creepy atmosphere like Bioshock, for instance, are just fine.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Well unsettling I'm probably okay with. What I don't like are things popping out in front of you and screaming or something like that. I guess cheap scares I'm against, but a good creepy atmosphere like Bioshock, for instance, are just fine.[/quote]

Yeah there are no things popping out and there are no cheap scares. If you are fine with Bioshock then I think you should be fine with The Path.

Since the atmosphere of the game is so good at drawing you in there were a couple times where I scared myself. The shift button is used for running in the game, but there were a couple times where I pressed shift too many times in a short amount of time. The computer would beep and then the game would minimize to ask me if I want to enable Sticky Keys; that shit freaked me out haha.

bread's done
Back