The Price is Right Pre-Order/$33 Wii $23 DS @ Amazon

From what I've read in the previews, it'll feature Rich Fields doing his job as the announcer but it won't feature Bob Barker or Drew Carry, unless they're in the classic video footage the game has. I hope it turns out to be a fun party game.

Yikes, I watched the video and that looks like a train wreck. No crowd excitement (the wheel sounds with no crowds is just eerie, and the crowd on the come on down was oddly quiet) and the graphics looked really cheap. Plus, all indications are that not all the games are in there, which is unacceptable.

I watched the DS video on amazon, it didn't turn me off the game. Perhaps too much wishful thinking on my part or I've learned to not expect much from licensed games.

My wife loves these types of games. She has a b-day coming up in Sept too. I'm not exactly sure which version to get though.

[quote name='redroversk']Help control the virtual pet population, have your Nintendogs spayed 'n neutered, good night![/quote]

Now that's freakin funny. Very witty!!

[quote name='sirhansirhan']http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_v...s&field-keywords=the+price+is+right&x=14&y=17

For those of you who are interested, the upcoming The Price is Right games are discounted on Amazon already. The Wii version's MSRP is $40 but they're pre-ordering it for $33, and the DS one is usually $30 but they're pre-ordering it for $23. They just changed these prices some time this evening.[/QUOTE]

i can't believe i, and no one else, thought of this already:

"The Price is Wrong, Bitch!"

No Bob Barker, ok... No Drew Carey, meh, I'll live.

No BARKER'S BEAUTIES, NO $ALE

bomp bomp, bom booom... raaaaam (that classic TPIR "fail" sound... you had to be there).

As has been said, this could be really fun for the Wii. Make it a party game, put it with an extensive online system (maybe put yourself in a queue to be called on down and play against real people, let your winnings be tracked over time). The motion controls already in for stuff like Hole in One and the Wheel make perfect sense.

However, it looks pretty clear that Ubi half-assed this one to me, and I hope to be proven wrong.

[quote name='SteveDaWonder']I really have an odd desire to pick this up...when it's 20 bucks in a bargain bin.[/quote]

+1, at $33 it seems a bit high but when it gets in the bargain bin I will definitely consider it.

The price is wrong, bitch.

bob_barker_happy_gilmore.jpg

[quote name='Fishercat']As has been said, this could be really fun for the Wii. Make it a party game, put it with an extensive online system (maybe put yourself in a queue to be called on down and play against real people, let your winnings be tracked over time). The motion controls already in for stuff like Hole in One and the Wheel make perfect sense.

However, it looks pretty clear that Ubi half-assed this one to me, and I hope to be proven wrong.[/QUOTE]
To be fair to UbiSoft (and I have smacked them numerous times in the past), The Price Is Right is a Wii port of a PC game. I think UbiSoft is just publishing this one and haven't done any of the development work, actually.

(So all the people grousing about "Wii casual gaming" should redirect their ire at the PC, mmkay? ;))

--R.J.

[quote name='rjung']To be fair to UbiSoft (and I have smacked them numerous times in the past), The Price Is Right is a Wii port of a PC game. I think UbiSoft is just publishing this one and haven't done any of the development work, actually.

(So all the people grousing about "Wii casual gaming" should redirect their ire at the PC, mmkay? ;))

--R.J.[/quote]

So really we're back to just UbiSoft sucking hard like always....

Comes full circle....

damn Ubi...

Wow The Wii is going downhill fast I see nothing I want for it the rest of this year NOT ONE Thing.

If I cut-and-paste someone else's post that (presumably) doesn't receive an infraction, it is trolling/disruptive posting? After all, I'm just mostly agreeing.

bread's done
Back