The Proposition $10.95 and Shinobi $11.95 at Amazon

The Proposition is a sweet neo-Western starring Guy Pearce, written by the musician Nick Cave (whom I love), and directed by the guy who is directing the upcoming Cormac McCarthy adaptation, The Road.

too lazy to look or link but picked up the latter (new) from amazon for damn near the same price, on the fence with proposition but passed

Shinobi is a pretty decent movie although not sure I need to own it. The Proposition on the other hand is a great movie IMO and easily worth $11. Unfortunately, I haven't seen a review of the BD release of The Proposition but hopefully the PQ/AQ are good.

I bit on The Proposition. Big fan of Nick Caves music so I'm curious about this movie. I also finally bought Dark Sector for 19.99 to get free shipping.

i've only seen a few customer reviews (Amazon) of The Proposition BD but they are all real positive. That is a deal for that movie. Pretty awesome flick!

thanks, OP, but I'm going to wait until high-def digest posts a review of blu-ray transfer.

Feature film transfers to MPEG-2 and/or Dolby Digital/ Digital Plus just isn't acceptable IMHO for blu-ray, no matter what the price is.

Never heard of Proposition, but enough good recommendations got me into it. Besides, i need a cheap filler for $20 off (BML promotion on dvds). Pre-ordered Tinker Bell and Sleeping Beauty BDs :) Shinobi, i think i'll a used copy for cheaper price, lol.
thanks OP!

[quote name='edzbsu']thanks, OP, but I'm going to wait until high-def digest posts a review of blu-ray transfer.

Feature film transfers to MPEG-2 and/or Dolby Digital/ Digital Plus just isn't acceptable IMHO for blu-ray, no matter what the price is.[/QUOTE]

High-Def Digest actually just posted a review and they are quite impressed with the video transfer. The reviewer is amazed at how cheap this disc is for the quality.

I think I'm sold. I dug the movie and it's a pretty awesome price.

Ordered The Proposition a few days ago (along with No Country For Old Men). A great film, and there is no way I would pass it up on Blu-Ray for only $10. Looks like I'm giving away my DVD copy to a friend.

Damn it OP... That's too good a deal on Shinobi to pass up. Thanks a lot for making me impulse buy.

Seriously, though. good deal thanks!

[quote name='joeyatog']High-Def Digest actually just posted a review and they are quite impressed with the video transfer. The reviewer is amazed at how cheap this disc is for the quality.

I think I'm sold. I dug the movie and it's a pretty awesome price.[/quote]

I know...such a good review that it took me two days to remember to post that. Order is placed.

bread's done
Back