The Real Ghostbusters coming to DVD in massive 26-disc set (sorry, Slimer!, too)

[quote name='Kaijufan']I plan on going the individual volume route, it's a lot easier to get them over a period of a few months then paying for it all at once.[/quote]

They have installment plans offer.

Were you overwhelmed by the $179.99?

[quote name='xage']They have installment plans offer.

Were you overwhelmed by the $179.99?[/quote]
While I could afford it if I really wanted to, there are just too many games coming out now for me to spend that much on a DVD set, even one that looks as nice as Ghostbusters.

Besides, with 5 volumes with stores selling them for about $20 each (based on Walmart's price) that's only $100 for all five volumes. The best coupon I can find for Timelife brings the set to $150ish. While the steelbooks, firehouse packaging, and bonus DVD sound nice, they aren't worth $50 to me.

Edit: Also I've recently rediscovered Mystery Science Theater 3000, so I want to get as many of the DVD volumes during the next Deep Discount sale before they go out of print.

Last edited by a moderator:
They sent out postcards letting people know that they were going to cancel their orders, if the did not respond after 2 weeks. IRC, this was due to a change to the release date.

Upon receiving the postcard, I called in and told them I still wanted to order the set and they made a note of it on the comp.

I called today, and they re-ordered it for me for the price I originally paid minus the shipping. So total cost for me was $134.98. W00t!

My order now says:

Out of Stock
Expected to ship by 12-31-2008

"By" implies it could ship earlier, but it stinks to see this delayed date, anyway!:)

[quote name='sarienanj']My order now says:

Out of Stock
Expected to ship by 12-31-2008

"By" implies it could ship earlier, but it stinks to see this delayed date, anyway!:)[/QUOTE]

Just called customer service because my order says the same thing. The guy told me that there is a mix-up in their system and that it is still expected to ship 11-15-08. I guess we'll all just have to wait and see if it's gonna ship on the 15th or not.

Hmm...I ordered two weeks ago and haven't heard anything from them except the confirmation I got after ordered. I'll be keeping an eye out as well.

[quote name='E-Z-B']I called today, and they re-ordered it for me for the price I originally paid minus the shipping. So total cost for me was $134.98. W00t![/quote]

I might be willing to get it for that price but the lowest I get is 152 with the 15% coupon. How are you getting and extra 18 bucks off?

Fatboy, their shipping is like $16-18, so if you use a coupon that gives you x % offl, plus $5 flat shipping, it will reduce it further. Just do a Google search for "Time Life Coupons"-you should be able to dig up some!:)

[quote name='Fatbot3']I might be willing to get it for that price but the lowest I get is 152 with the 15% coupon. How are you getting and extra 18 bucks off?[/quote]

I would also like to know how.

[quote name='BelieveTheHype']I would also like to know how.[/quote]

I read some of the posts from here and dvdtalk, what happened is that, the initial order for those ordered the set at $135 something (shipping not included, one of those coupons) got postcard for cancellation or something. When they called in, they re-ordered the set with the original discounted price $135 something shipped. Of course, it's extremely YMMV...

I'll wait till there's a better coupon during the holidays (or after, not in a hurry to get this anyway).

thanks for the reply,

the cheapest i can get it at right now is 157.99. luckily there's no tacked on sales tax for california. it's a hefty price, but...i don't know how much i could've saved from using that TLMISSYOU coupon awhile back.

[quote name='Serpentor']I read some of the posts from here and dvdtalk, what happened is that, the initial order for those ordered the set at $135 something (shipping not included, one of those coupons) got postcard for cancellation or something. When they called in, they re-ordered the set with the original discounted price $135 something shipped. Of course, it's extremely YMMV...

I'll wait till there's a better coupon during the holidays (or after, not in a hurry to get this anyway).[/QUOTE]

Correct.

I just got this email.
--------------------

Dear Fellow Ghostbusters Fan!

Some might say we went a little overboard when we put together The Real Ghostbusters complete collection. We couldn’t help ourselves! This series deserved all the bells and whistles.

In response to fantastic feedback, we’ve created a deluxe firehouse collector’s box with lenticular (hologram) panels on the front and sides. Inside this box are 5 separate steel book cases containing a total of 25 DVDs with every episode from The Real Ghostbusters and Slimer! And The Real Ghostbusters series. The 25th DVD is a special bonus disc with nearly 3 hours of materials, including the never-before-seen promotional pilot with commentary and storyboards! All in all, there will be over 12 hours of bonus material!
rgbfull.jpg
Unfortunately, all these extra features, many of which weren’t included in our initial release plan, have lengthened the production time for this set, originally scheduled to ship out on November 15. But, because of all the added features, we will not have completed sets to ship out until November 25.

We know this will come as a disappointment to many, so we have decided to provide all of our pre-order customers with FREE FedEx Express shipping. Our standard shipping time is 2 weeks, so you will still get your set in the same timeframe (probably sooner)!

When you see all the fantastic features this collection has to offer, we’re sure you’ll agree it was worth the wait. So charge up your proton packs…The Real Ghostbusters is almost here!

Sincerely,

A. Davis
Time Life, Customer Care Manager

P.S. The credit or debit card you used to pre-order this set will be charged the week of November 25 when we package your collection to ship.

UGGGG...at least they are doing free fedex shipping so its all good and we should be getting it around the 25th so its all good :) and it will be something to give thanks to hehe

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Hopefully, they price it cheaper than that.

I'd love to buy the set (this was one of my two favorite cartoons growing up), but I'm worried it'll be priced beyond what I can afford.[/quote]

You can buy Get Smart a whole lot cheaper now in stores. Which is what I'll wait for when it comes to this outrageous idea of 26 discs.

[quote name='doctorfaustus']Woo hoo! Free shipping.[/quote]

Yes, agreed. I am 32 years old and (otherwise rational, hehe), but this one, I will not wait for it to appear elsewhere. I can't wait to get this-so stoked!:)

I got the email as well. If they want to take some extra time to make this extra awesome, then by all means please do! Plus they're gonna give us free shipping for the trouble? Awesome

I preordered a few months ago, but didn't get the email. So I called them and they didn't know anything about it. But they cancelled my old order and placed a new one with free FedEx shipping and gave me my old discount, so I got it for 149.99 shipped.

[quote name='ITDEFX']How long is this deal going to last? I won't get paid until the 20th so I want to wait it out if I can.[/quote]

apparently you haven't been reading... there's no deal, just coupons, and now people who pre-ordered this set getting free FedEx shipping, which don't apply to you obviously (and me, since i didn't pre-order it).

Just checked on the status of my order and now it says "Suspended Contact Customer Service." Looks like I'll be making another call to customer service to find out what's going on. This is starting to get ridiculous.

[quote name='GundNataku']Just checked on the status of my order and now it says "Suspended Contact Customer Service." Looks like I'll be making another call to customer service to find out what's going on. This is starting to get ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

I noticed this yesterday and gave them a call. They said that my order was still good and that it should ship o n the 25th. It looks like they run a smooth ship down there.

As someone that has the set on pre-order too,I really wish they would fix all of their glitches-every few weeks we have to call and they say "Oh, that's nothing, just ignore it". LOL

Oh, god, my heart just skipped a beat, I saw this and thirteen great blu rays topic and they ran together and I saw Thirteen ghosts, and I thought for a second that Thirteen ghosts of Scooby doo was coming to dvd. If that was true, someone would have to die, a thousand deaths, and then be raised, just to be killed again

Shipping should begin soon. The status on my order says "In the warehouse ready to ship" or something along those lines. Can't wait!

Mine says the same thing and my credit card has also been charged. I just wonder if they'll ship before the 25th since they're now in the werehouse. Just my luck something else will happen to delay shipping. I won't be happy until they are in my hands

Ugh it says my card was denied so my order was canceled. WTF?

Looks like I have to call them in the morning.

They better give me my original order price plus the free shipping.

The reason that tracking information does not show up is that it was shipped by FedEx and not by UPS as indicated. If you enter your tracking numer at the FedEx site you should get tracking information.

bread's done
Back