The Red, Spiky Hair OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Liquid 2']Well, let me know if you end up needing it.
What's soundbar?

----

Going on an 11.5 mile bike ride to a friend's place, in 90 degree weather :I , where we're gonna work out. Gonna be so dang tired. :)[/QUOTE]
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-HTCT100-...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1240735644&sr=8-1

Thanks. I'm going to look for it again. If I don't find it, I'll more than likely be PMing you. I'll have to swallow my pride and order from Monoprice again.

Zew, google told me that the DVI-HDMI adapters ATI makes for their cards do carry sound. As long as you have that specific adapter and an HDMI 1.3 cable you'll be fine.

The adapter I posted is the one you would need, but the shipping is dumb.

Yeah, I know they do. I was just hoping I could do it without the adapter and without buying a HDMI cable.

(I feel like I've said the same thing like 3 times already).

[quote name='zewone']Yeah, I know they do. I was just hoping I could do it without the adapter and without buying a HDMI cable.

(I feel like I've said the same thing like 3 times already).[/QUOTE]

Oh sorry, I misunderstood. :whistle2:#

[quote name='Moxio']Wow, nice to see so many OTTers getting active. :)[/QUOTE]

I've been running a couple of miles everyday, but I really want to get a bike, but I'm broke ATM. :cry:

I think I'm just going to get the cheapest bike at Walmart. :cool:

[quote name='darthbudge']I think I have an ATI DVI-HDMI adapter around here somewhere that you could have Zew.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I'll let you guys know if I need it.

I think I'm going to start off by running, it's probably the easiest thing for me to do right now, and it gets the heart going. I went for a jog the other night and was surprised how far I got before I got winded, I think in the past when I went running I was trying to run too fast.

[quote name='lordwow']I think I'm going to start off by running, it's probably the easiest thing for me to do right now, and it gets the heart going. I went for a jog the other night and was surprised how far I got before I got winded, I think in the past when I went running I was trying to run too fast.[/QUOTE]

What I read (and what I've been doing) is that it's "best" to sprint as fast as you can and than catch your breath while walking and than when you're ready to sprint again.

This gets your heart rate going as fast as possible and it keeps your heart rate up while walking (so you're still burning a ton of calories, rather than if you just stopped to catch your breath). The idea seems sound.

Sure, Temp. I'm enjoying CoD quite a bit lately. I just need to do some Calculus and I'll be free for the night.

Edit: Yeah, Mox, I know nothing about defragging clients, but if it's better than the stock Windows defragger, which I don't doubt, I'll give it a go. I DLed it, just didn't install yet. I'm going to wait and let it defrag overnight. I figured I should clean up useless programs first though. I've never done any maintenance like this in like 2 years. :x

Also, re: getting active, if that sprinting business is more helpful than jogging I may start doing that. How long should you sprint at a time?

I'm not sure how long you should sprint at a time. I usually just go as far as possible until I start to slow down or get winded (one in the same I suppose).

Don't buy a shitty bike from Walmart. I bought one a few months ago for $100 and the gears broke and chain keeps falling off. Took it to the bike shop twice already and its still a piece of shit. :[

[quote name='Temporaryscars']I got a $500 bike made by Trek and it was great at first, but it quickly fell apart when I took it on trails.[/QUOTE]

I heard nothing but bad things about Treks.

I recently bought a Cannondale Quick 4 for like $570. It's been great so far. I get free tune-ups and repairs for a year, and it's a Cannondale so can't go wrong with that.

[quote name='lordwow']Why buy a bike when there are plenty just lying around?[/QUOTE]

because I want one that would actually get me past a mile.

I guess I might as well start eating right along with this. I'm gonna miss my fatty foods. :(

Hey moxio, was 15 minutes enough on the treadmill or do I need to step that up a bit?

You're still entitled to some cheat meals, DP, but you have to be smart about them.

What intensity were you running on the mill?

[quote name='lordwow']Why buy a bike when there are plenty just lying around?[/QUOTE]

I needed a bike that could stand up to the abuse I usually put on them. The first time I bunnyhopped over a log with mine, the back wheel folded in half. I fucked up the jump, but still, I took the stock wheels off the bike and put on some very expensive ones that were supposed to be super strong. I mean, each wheel cost me $100 not including the tire and it folded so easily.

the problem with running is that alot of people don't know how to actually run properly. So you're doing more damage to your knees than you actually know. Which is also why people turn to cycling instead of running. Cycling is a lot easier on your knees.

[quote name='moxio']you're still entitled to some cheat meals, dp, but you have to be smart about them.

What intensity were you running on the mill?[/quote]

[quote name='zewone']What I read (and what I've been doing) is that it's "best" to sprint as fast as you can and than catch your breath while walking and than when you're ready to sprint again.

This gets your heart rate going as fast as possible and it keeps your heart rate up while walking (so you're still burning a ton of calories, rather than if you just stopped to catch your breath). The idea seems sound.[/QUOTE]

That seems accurate. This previous semester, when I had access to UNL's track, I managed to get myself up to the following: 2 straight miles running, with the first going as fast as possible, and the second slowing down to more of a jog. Follow that by about half a mile of walking, followed by a quick running mile. Continue with running/walking intervals of about a half mile/third mile, respectively.

That was always a good workout. I don't have access to a track now, so I just either bike or run for anywhere from 30-60 minutes a day. Today, I actually did a quick 20-minute workout followed by a 20-minute bike ride.

I recommend the following for anyone who needs something quick: http://www.realage.com/videos/workouts/you-on-a-diet-advanced-workout/

[quote name='Moxio']6.5 MPH? Is that just jogging for you?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was jogging. Should I be straight running or something?

EDIT: At least I think I was jogging. I can never really tell the difference between running and jogging.

[quote name='Maklershed']Safe Auto and McDonald's commercials in general are the worst commercials on TV.[/QUOTE]
1-800-SAFEAUTO Pick up the phone, bitch!

[quote name='jolietjake']1-800-safeauto pick up the phone, bitch![/quote]just testing something.

EDIT: Weird, if you make a post in all caps it makes your entire post in lower case now. :whistle2:k

[quote name='tiredfornow']Don't buy a shitty bike from Walmart. I bought one a few months ago for $100 and the gears broke and chain keeps falling off. Took it to the bike shop twice already and its still a piece of shit. :[[/QUOTE]

Irony is my current bike was bought at Walmart. Outside of the kick stand needing to be tightened back on its been pretty good so far. I might end up down the road getting a far better built bike that is more designed for heavy duty use.

When it comes to choosing a good bike, "you get what you pay for" seriously rings true. I have a Free Agent 24" that my dad got me a few years ago, and its still riding strong. If you don't want to spend at least $250 on a brand new bike (or $120ish used), then you are in the wrong market.

redspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhairredspikyhair

[quote name='munch']redspikyhairredspikyhair[/QUOTE]
Reality's Fringe;5887477] I wear hair gel EVERY day.No matter what. I absolutely MUST have my hair short and spiky or I'll go nuts. I'm actually known for it. My friends have NEVER seen me without my hair gelled to a porcupine perfection.[/QUOTE] ---------------------------------------------------- [quote name='Mojimbo']Oh said:

that $$$gort who pop in here and say, "This (insert some weird band no one gives a shit about) has a great cd out" then disappear. He's one of those I'm-better-than-you-because-I-don't-listen-to-any-mainstream-music type of guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back