"The Replacements" - Madden 10 Fantasy League Season 3; Super Bowl

Watching the Yankee game now. I don't know if I'll be able to play tonight. Wife is wanting to do some stuff after the game. If I can't play today, I'll definitely be able to tomorrow though.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Are you sure? When the accept/decline came up, I'm pretty sure it said if you declined it, it would be 4th and 1.[/QUOTE]
Nah, it said if I accepted it it would be 4th and 1.

Doesn't matter. GG

gg pitfallharry. back and fourth every drive. a lot of huge plays by the Broncos, I think a 75 yard TD run by Vick and Jacobs with some ridiculous broken tackle. I think he was surrounded by my whole team and he came out the other end for a score.

Gore put up another solid game, 150+ yards on the ground (i think). Sticky Ricky stole all his goal line carries though for 2 TDs. Safety Delmas had 2 picks, one for a long TD weaving through a lot of traffic, which was the clincher in this game. Vick threw it down 7, the INTD put it out of reach.

That INT you took back for a TD was ridiculous. He caught it with one hand. This was probably my favorite game with this year's Madden. I hope we meet in the playoffs.

Two tough losses today. I'd like to think I'm better than my 0-2 record. Good thing I have 10 games against the CPU.

Boy what a game I had. It was back and forth all game. it was 14-10 Seahawks at the half. I scored and was up 20-14 with 2:00 left in the 4th. I really thought they were going to pull one of those BS wins out as they approached my 15 yard line to score, they fumbled the ball. after this I scored again and then a int for a run back. game over. It was great! Im glad to start the season with a 2-0 record.

Mr Grand Cru has taken over as the owner of the Redskins, Commander0zero, i sent you a private message, please check it and reply whenever you get a chance.

Well, Azu just beat me down. I stand by my statement. Michael Turner is retarded, lol. It was like a virtual first down whenever he needed one. Just to make sure I wasn't crazy, I played a quick ranked game afterward as the Falcons...and rushed for 145 yds on 20 carries with Michael Turner, beating the Vikings 14-0. I repeat: Michael Turner is retarded (my apologies to Mrs. Turner). :)

Ahahaha, it was a great game n8. You had me scared with that kickoff return TD, but my Defense came off big with only 90 total yards allowed to Phillip Rivers, Steven Jackson and the gang.

I really like the way my team is turning out. A hell of a challenge awaits as we take on BigAT's squad next week!

[quote name='Azumangaman']
I really like the way my team is turning out. A hell of a challenge awaits as we take on BigAT's squad next week![/QUOTE]

1z1blvt.jpg

Better get used to seeing that. :)

Colts 17, Dolphins 14. Haha, fun game. My fake FG at the end of the 4th Q was hillarious. I thought it was gonna go all the way but my guy did a juke move and he was super slow...

[quote name='Azumangaman']Ahahaha, it was a great game n8. You had me scared with that kickoff return TD, but my Defense came off big with only 90 total yards allowed to Phillip Rivers, Steven Jackson and the gang.

I really like the way my team is turning out. A hell of a challenge awaits as we take on BigAT's squad next week![/QUOTE]

Yeah, well Mike Thomas is a ridiculous return man. I had no idea he was that difficult to tackle. His stats looked good when I drafted him: 95 speed, 90+ elusiveness, 90+ juking, and a pretty good carrying rating. That was basically my one bright spot for the game though.

My first offensive drive was pretty good. But once you injured Jackson, it freaked me out and threw me off my gameplan (even though I decided to play him with a "medium" injury risk). Then when Rivers got hurt in the 4th quarter, I just said fucking forget it, and sat him so I wouldn't lose him for the whole season or some stupid shit.

It's really annoying that EA gets such a hard on for their new features that they litter their entire games with them. There's way too many injuries in this game, just for the sake of showing you that you can now decide whether to make a player play through his injury (same shit happens in NHL 10)

And I swear to God, EVERY fucking catch along the sideline (and even balls that aren't caught at all apparently) has the referees "conferencing" to decide whether it was in bounds or not...even the blatantly obvious ones. EA is totally gay for itself, and it's really disgusting.

I really hope after these exclusive deals with the NFL, MLB, NCAA, etc. are over, that will be the end of these sports game monopolies. Not that 2K can really create a competent game anymore, but just give somebody else a chance for crying out loud. You never know when that hidden gem of a game is going to be created. Nobody expected NFL 2K5 or MVP 2005 to be half as good as they turned out.

It threw me for a loop. If I didn't stop you, would've had to kick myself, but it was hilarious seeing him try to run. I did find the call odd, but for good reason I suppose.

Also, as a note to all people, a "fake HB toss" isn't quite what it sounds. I expected to catch shin by surprise, and next thing I know, MJD has the ball instead of peyton and I lose 9 yards. :razz:

And just checked the status of Gerald Alexander's injury and out for 12 weeks with a broken collarbone. Good thing he was my backup.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']
And I swear to God, EVERY fucking catch along the sideline (and even balls that aren't caught at all apparently) has the referees "conferencing" to decide whether it was in bounds or not...even the blatantly obvious ones. EA is totally gay for itself, and it's really disgusting.[/QUOTE]

This is one of the most annoying things about the game. The first few times I saw the refs conferring or the chain gang coming out on a close first down, I thought it was kind of cool. Then I realized that you can't skip it, and it happens all the damn time.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']

It's really annoying that EA gets such a hard on for their new features that they litter their entire games with them. There's way too many injuries in this game, just for the sake of showing you that you can now decide whether to make a player play through his injury (same shit happens in NHL 10)

And I swear to God, EVERY fucking catch along the sideline (and even balls that aren't caught at all apparently) has the referees "conferencing" to decide whether it was in bounds or not...even the blatantly obvious ones. EA is totally gay for itself, and it's really disgusting.

I really hope after these exclusive deals with the NFL, MLB, NCAA, etc. are over, that will be the end of these sports game monopolies. Not that 2K can really create a competent game anymore, but just give somebody else a chance for crying out loud. You never know when that hidden gem of a game is going to be created. Nobody expected NFL 2K5 or MVP 2005 to be half as good as they turned out.[/QUOTE]

I fully agree with you. At least three or four times a game someone gets injured. It makes no sense. In no way is it realistic. I also hate the secondary in these Madden games. Ive said it before but you can have 3-4 steps on a CB and he will be over the top and some magical way he will use a turbo boost and catch up and get under you right as the ball gets to your hands and he knocks it down or INT. Its a very cheap way to simulate a coverage.

Only game thats looks like it needs to be played is XXXplosive1's. Cant wait for week 3.

23 - 13 Redskins over Rams, Great game Commander0zero, McClain and Rice looked good out there, I was shocked he dropped that pass on fourth down.

[quote name='Anthem85']
Only game thats looks like it needs to be played is XXXplosive1's. Cant wait for week 3.[/QUOTE]

Let's get this moving! :bouncy:

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']23 - 13 Redskins over Rams, Great game Commander0zero, McClain and Rice looked good out there, I was shocked he dropped that pass on fourth down.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!!! It should be known that the first game we played got disconnected and you were up 24-0 at the half I was driving but that was a disaster. I really got away from my game plan. I should have continued to pound the ball. I mean my backs were averaging close to six yards per carry. I got away from my plan and tried to get the lead back at all at once. But my main issue is open field tackling. I just stink at it period. It also seems like the game switches my to the guy not in the best position to tackle. I need to make adjustments! Yeah and the dropped pass by rice didn't even show up in the stats so I have no idea what happened there. No turnovers for either side was an interesting stat too. I'm ready for week 3!!!!

[quote name='Commander0Zero']It also seems like the game switches my to the guy not in the best position to tackle.[/QUOTE]

I've been wondering about this. Since when has it not been common practice to switch you to the player closest to the ball? I've had times on D when my opponent makes a big play and I try switching to the nearest player to make the tackle. But instead, it'll switch me to a guy 10 feet away. So, then when I try moving the guy I expect to be controlling, it ends up putting the guy they randomly assigned me to completely out of position. I've found I'm almost better off just staying locked in as one player and letting the AI do its thing.

Xxxplosvie1 is holding us up....I'm going to advance us this evening regardless.

This season I'm using a 3-strikes rule. If you miss 3 total games without communicating what the issue is/was I will boot you as I do not like simming games.

[quote name='seen']This season I'm using a 3-strikes rule. If you miss 3 total games without communicating what the issue is/was I will boot you as I do not like simming games.[/QUOTE]

I support this message! Fair to everyone. :applause:

What a game. Played week 3 right before work. The vikings have no D. I tore there secondary up! it was a fun game I won 45-7... 3-0 now.

Had a hard time getting started (two disconnects), a bad run game, and 3 picks, but came away with the victory. 31-22. Had a nice break with a 39 yard TD by Leon Washington (MJD sprained his ankle), but the real story was Joe Walsh plowing his "rocky mountain" way for 96 yards. I don't know how many times he saved me with some nice catches on 3 and long.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']Xxxplosive, i sent you a pm, let me know when your gonna be around[/QUOTE]

I replied, I'll be around tonight if you want to get it in.

The CPU did not want me running this week apparently. Every time I thought I had a hole it closed up. I think I only got 50 yards out of Gore on almost 20 carries. Through the air was a breeze though, I guess I should've just threw all over the field on them.

Only 2 games left to be played, great work everyone!

I'll be playing my game vs pitfallharry219, sometime today and I hope the same can be said for Xxxplosvie1 vs Mr Grand Cru.

Sooooo I still have Randy Moss up for trades, as well as Griffin, who is a very high OVR safety, although I can't remember his exact numbers.

Hey Mr Grand Cru, let me know if you can play.
If you're going to be on soon, just message me on XBL. Otherwise, let me know when you can play tomorrow. I can play during the day!

Wow...week 4 seriously snuck up on me there. Noticed I play n8rockerasu this week. Not sure what times are going to work for me yet. My mom and sister get off around 2:30 (I think) and I planned to see saw 6 with them shortly afterward. What I don't know is if we plan to catch dinner after the movie or anything else. I would say the earliest I can be is somewhere around 6, but at the present time, I cant gaurantee it. I also won't be able to do anything after 11 that night. Sunday on the other hand I'm available anytime except between 7-10 pm.

Times in EST.

[quote name='JStryke']Wow...week 4 seriously snuck up on me there. Noticed I play n8rockerasu this week. Not sure what times are going to work for me yet. My mom and sister get off around 2:30 (I think) and I planned to see saw 6 with them shortly afterward. What I don't know is if we plan to catch dinner after the movie or anything else. I would say the earliest I can be is somewhere around 6, but at the present time, I cant gaurantee it. I also won't be able to do anything after 11 that night. Sunday on the other hand I'm available anytime except between 7-10 pm.

Times in EST.[/QUOTE]

I can play tomorrow between 5-8 PM EST (meaning we'd need to start by 7 PM). If that doesn't work, I should be around Sunday, but I'll have to get back to you with exact times.

Hey zero let me know when you can play our game. Im down to play today (Saturday) anytime before 2pm and anytime after 9pm. if this works let me know.

[quote name='Anthem85']Hey zero let me know when you can play our game. Im down to play today (Saturday) anytime before 2pm and anytime after 9pm. if this works let me know.[/QUOTE]

How about 11:30am would that be to early?

well zero and I got our game in. It was one of the most exciting games ive ever played. this game was about defense and special teams. runback after runback by the rams and then INT's and fumbles were the story. I had no offense all game. I was up 7 at the half. On the kickoff zero ran it back again and tied it up. after that it was nothing but 3 and outs and punts after punts. I got the ball back with 2min left and drove down the field from my own 15 to kick a field goal. great game! This was a classic from the beginning when it was raining and even zero called it a classic before we started. cant wait for the next time I face him.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']17 - 0 Redskins over Lions, good game xxxplosive, it was a very defensive game for both teams.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he scored on a forced fumble one my second pass play of the game that knocked Drew Brees out of the game until the fourth quarter. From there on it was an interception fest with my backup QB and Brees when he returned in the fourth. Good game though.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I can play tomorrow between 5-8 PM EST (meaning we'd need to start by 7 PM). If that doesn't work, I should be around Sunday, but I'll have to get back to you with exact times.[/QUOTE]

Turns out that today probably won't work at all. Just called my mom up to see what was going on for tonight, and seeing how she's not quite off yet, we'll be seeing the 5:30 showing instead.

bread's done
Back