"The Replacements" - Madden 10 Fantasy League Season 3; Super Bowl

I'm on the xbox right now actually. Playing a little bit on the guitar, so if I don't respond right away, I'm probably finishing up a song or something.

Good game to JStryke. I was up 21-14 with 1:05 left in the 4th quarter when Peyton Manning got hot and the Bills got retarded (how many times has THAT happened?). The drive started with a 30 yard pass down the sideline that my defender tipped back toward the field, and right into the arms of MJD. 2 plays later, Manning threw a strike to Joe "Rocky Mountain Way" Walsh who beat Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie to the ball. A play later, the game was tied.

JStryke kicked off to Mike Thomas (who had returned a kickoff for a TD in each of his last two games) with :16 left. Thomas hit a few lanes and returned the ball to midfield with :07 left. I had 2 timeouts but not enough time to use them both. JStryke covered the deep plays well, so I hit one of my receivers over the middle at the 43 yd line.

Knowing my kicker's leg wasn't strong enough to hit from 60, I decided to air it out. What happened next I am still cursing my team for (nobody finds ways NOT to win a game like the Buffalo Bills). I had Kevin Walter with single coverage down the left sideline. As the ball was in the air, JStryke took control of his DB and wildly ran zig-zag patterns in an attempt to confuse Walter. This is what happened.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/12389159

Game goes to overtime. JStryke wins the toss. Drives down field. Kicks field goal. Game over. Tough loss, but JStryke did a great job to come back.

I actually have the tipped ball play saved. Originally intended for Walsh.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/12387812

With the final play in the 4th though, I was all "oh fuck". I seriously thought it was over when my guy zig zagged. Got really lucky there and with winning the toss. Chewed up the entire quarter and kicked it with seconds to spare in OT.

A few things:

I love Joe Walsh. Nice late pick in the draft and a musical reference. Can never go wrong with that.

Really great game with several heart stoppers in my opinion.

Can't wait until we take the boat ride up to Buffalo. Yes, I said boat. When you play off the coast, you don't need no stinking plane (or bus).

Last edited by a moderator:
When are we advancing? We planned on playing at 7 tomorrow, but if I can afford to push it back another day I will since I forgot I had plans right after work. I can squeeze it in if I need to though, don't want to have to sim it.

edit: nvm, i'll just get it in tonight as planned.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have advanced. Seen, when can you play our game? I should be around tonight if you're available.

n8, when can you play? both today and tomorrow at 7 pm EST is open for me. actually all tonight is open after 7, tomorrow only 7-8 before the World Series/Knicks opener.

Thurs/Fri are shot unless it's like after 11pm EST.

[quote name='ubernes']n8, when can you play? both today and tomorrow at 7 pm EST is open for me. actually all tonight is open after 7, tomorrow only 7-8 before the World Series/Knicks opener.

Thurs/Fri are shot unless it's like after 11pm EST.[/QUOTE]

Tonight at 7 PM EST sounds good.

Oops, PMed you too. Okay, see you at 7!

edit: SoulReaver, gg again last night. I look forward to meeting again. I can't tell if my run D is that bad or I was just not playing the right schemes. You were running all over me, especially in the first half. Gore was pretty well contained by you, so I was surprised to see he got 70 yards at the end of the game. It's nice to be able to rely on Matt Ryan this season vs Leftwich, haha, doesn't make passing as difficult for me.

It seems like anytime I play against the CPU, I forget how to play. >_>

Also, I'm unsure of how long I'll be able to be in this league. Still having the job troubles, and got word from my dad that he's looking to move out by December 1st and needs me to have a job by then. Kind of stretched for cash, so I don't know if he'll pay for the internet when we move or not. He has admitted in the past that he can live without it. I'll be active for the time being, but just stating a possibility of the future worst case scenario.

n8, you gotta be kidding me. guy calls me a "piece of shit" because I ran across the end zone at the end of the 1st half. there was like 20 seconds left, why wouldn't I want to kill some time off the clock. especially since as soon as you get the ball back you're throwing bombs. it just makes strategic sense. i shouldn't have to deal with harassing pms during the game because of it.

gg, i guess, but that messaged really soured me on the whole thing.

edit: well, to continue this from the xbl pms. i think before you take on the long task of typing out a xbl message you should probably think about the clock instead of jumping on everyone's shit. we don't have to turn this isn't a long argument, but i'd love to hear for future reference what 'unusual' stuff i did that was also interpreted as me 'being an ass'.

gg to ubernes. Seriously man, I apologize if I jumped the gun on that pick 6 you had. Honestly, I wasn't looking at the clock. All I saw was you running your guy along the goalline, and you know how that looks. Like I said, there were a few other things in the game that made me think "huh?" I think among friends, they'd probably be viewed as just funny, but I don't know you, and with the way people play this game, there's no telling what you were going to do.

The first thing that stood out was at the end of the first quarter when you had like a 4th and 2 at like...your own 40, and you chose to kick a field goal. I was just like "WTF?" For a second I thought you were going to run a fake, but it just didn't make any sense, then I realized "Oh, he's just letting the clock run out. Hilarious." The only other thing that threw me off was when you kept running offsides when I'd have a PAT or something. It's nothing game altering, but like I said, I don't know you. I don't know what your attitude is.

And for the record, I didn't call you a "piece of shit". The message I typed was "Don't act like a piece of shit just because you made a nice play." Considering the situation (I was what...inside your 15 yard line when I made that stupid pass?), it was a huge momentum swing, and what could have been a 21-7 halftime lead, turned into a 14-14 tie. I just thought it was showboating. HOWEVER, I'm not too big to admit if I'm wrong, and I sincerely apologize if that wasn't your intent.

Honestly, that game could have gone either way, and it seemed like we both had a shit ton of turnovers in the other person's end of the field. And I give you credit for going for the win at the end of the game and not playing for OT. That takes balls. I watched the replay of that last pass a couple times, and it was practically a dual catch between Phillips and Edwards, but Phillips just happened to wrestle it away. Incredibly intense and close game between two rival rustbelt teams. I hope there are no hard feelings, and I hope we meet again in the playoffs.

that's fine. i think you're butting heads a bit too much with Sood in the other league that you're thinking everyone is trying to be a dick to you, haha. I hit the wrong button the FG that's why I ended up letting the clock run out btw.

no hard feelings. let's just try not to draw negative conclusions all the time in these leagues. it can hurt the morale if we're always accusing each other of bad intentions.

oh and the offsides was me just trying to time the snap count. not sure why i wanted to block the extra point so bad, but whatever.

[quote name='ubernes']that's fine. i think you're butting heads a bit too much with Sood in the other league that you're thinking everyone is trying to be a dick to you, haha. I hit the wrong button the FG that's why I ended up letting the clock run out btw.

no hard feelings. let's just try not to draw negative conclusions all the time in these leagues. it can hurt the morale if we're always accusing each other of bad intentions.

oh and the offsides was me just trying to time the snap count. not sure why i wanted to block the extra point so bad, but whatever.[/QUOTE]

Hey, it's no problem man. And I completely agree. Because of the stuff with Sood, I've become completely untrusting when playing with other CAGs, and I don't like that at all. It's like I don't expect people to be decent anymore. It sucks because that's basically the point of having a community league on a forum like this.

The only thing that caused any "suspicion" with you was just the few odd plays, and your somewhat unorthodox playstyle. I think you ran hurry ups a couple times and threw some quick passes right off the snap, but I have no qualms with that. It was just something I needed to adjust to. I think the same thing happened with my throws to the flat. You adjusted, and then crushed the shit out of Steven Jackson, haha.

I also was dumbfounded how you were getting those insta-sacks at the beginning of the game, and almost thought "nano-blitz" for a second. But then I looked at the replay and just noticed that my lineman decided to let you breeze by untouched. Really, there were a lot of weird ass plays in this game (4 picks, 3 fumbles, both starting RB's getting hurt), and I had no idea what was going on, lol. Good luck the rest of the way though.

[quote name='ubernes']Let's advance. Everyone should be done by now, if not, let's sim em. This has sloooowed.[/QUOTE]

Thats why I echoed... It is taking alot longer than normal. Are you busier than normal seen?

Yes, I've been busier then usual which would explain why for the first time ever I have lagged on moving us forward; I appreciated everyone's patience. This week all games are vs CPU, so we will be advancing by Sunday at the latest.

I have an interview this afternoon, and not sure if my family has plans tonight or not (well, dad won't other than watching the game, unsure on my mom). So I'll get mine in either early in the evening or later in the night depending.

[quote name='shinryuu']Except my game...

CommanderZero, I'm available till 6PM PST today.[/QUOTE]

I played last night it was a cpu game.... Are you the Jags? If so I don't see you in the online franchise listed as them.

Week 6 games remaining:
shinryuu vs CPU
N8rockerasu vs CPU
pitfallharry219 vs CPU

If your team is not listed, that means you have a bye.

I posted that at 4AM... I was probably half-asleep, but you're right. My game against you is Week 7. I have no Week 6 game. G'brahsjklw.

I feel silly. I didn't even check the schedule when I last posted. Guess I don't need to worry about playing tonight then (have a bye). Good thing too, considering I wouldn't have gotten a chance to play until maybe 2 in the morning.

Ok, got my game played. So much for the 1st place CPU Jets, haha. It took them until the final minute of the game before they were finally able to score. By that time, I already had 42 points. Not sure if I'm getting better at this game or if my team is just starting to click because Phillip Rivers was unstoppable. 25-29, 350 yds, 3 TDs, 0 INTs.

Once again though, Steven Jackson gets hurt during the game (this is like an every game thing...it's fucking ridiculous). Although, when I had the choice of playing or sitting him, it told me the injury risk was high, so I sat him the rest of the game. However, two plays later, a message popped up saying he had been cleared to play and was back in. Sure enough, he was on the field ready to wreak more havoc. I was happy about it, but the injury logic in this game is beyond retarded. It almost makes me wish we had injuries turned off.

I lost my game due to the shitty fumble machanic. I forced two fumbles that the replay shows my man clearly being the only player within five yard of the ball when he recovered it only to have that stupid minigame pop up. Am I the only one who cannot beat the CPU at this dumbass fumble minigame?

[quote name='XXXplosive1']I lost my game due to the shitty fumble machanic. I forced two fumbles that the replay shows my man clearly being the only player within five yard of the ball when he recovered it only to have that stupid minigame pop up. Am I the only one who cannot beat the CPU at this dumbass fumble minigame?[/QUOTE]

While I don't really enjoy the mini-game, to me, it seems like the difficulty in winning it is completely dependent on who would have recovered the fumble anyway (which essentially renders it pointless). And usually when I have a player(s) near the ball with no one else around, I recover it without even going into the mini-game.

UNLESS the player has horrible hands and just kicks the ball around while guys on the other team catch up. That could be what's happening to you. It's easy to say your guy SHOULD get the ball, but I've seen plenty of players in real life who can't pick up a football to save their life either. For the most part, the mini-game is completely unnecessary, but I haven't really been "cheated" by it much.

I'll trade a backup safety; just throwing that out there.

I will advance us tomorrow afternoon, unless the final game vs cpu is played sooner.

[quote name='IvanHood']Anybody looking to trade a free safety? My starter is out for 10 weeks with a broken collarbone.[/QUOTE]

Hey, I have M. Griffin (95 OVR). I am looking for an upgrade at DT,TE CB and possibly RT/RG. Let me know what you would like to do

[quote name='SoulReaver']Hey, I have M. Griffin (95 OVR). I am looking for an upgrade at DT,TE CB and possibly RT/RG. Let me know what you would like to do[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the offer, but I was looking for someone a little more middle-of-the-road (around high 70s OVR). I don't have enough depth at those positions to trade any of my starters, and I'm not trading Witten.

[quote name='seen']I'll trade a backup safety; just throwing that out there.[/quote]I checked out your backups, and I think at this point I'm better off sticking with the backup CB I have playing FS right now. Hopefully Bob Sanders can shoulder the extra load.

Also, bye weeks suck.

[quote name='XXXplosive1']I lost my game due to the shitty fumble machanic. I forced two fumbles that the replay shows my man clearly being the only player within five yard of the ball when he recovered it only to have that stupid minigame pop up. Am I the only one who cannot beat the CPU at this dumbass fumble minigame?[/QUOTE]

It has already been said in the media that the mini game has no real mechanics. Its fluff. Whoever got to the ball first wins the pile.

Almost tired to blow it against the Saints. Didn't get much going offensively with the only TD being a MJD 34 yarder, but Talib scored two interceptions (one for a TD) and Mathis scored on an interception as well. Overall, a nice defensive effort.

If it wasn't for that 2 pick for a TD though, Saints were only down 7 with 1:35 to go thanks to a Crosby shanked kick. I swear, he seems much better at long range then at short range for me.

After letting my lead go to waste and losing last week by being careless, I put the pedal to the metal and didn't let go this week.

42- Cinc.
0- Chicago

bread's done
Back