The Return Of The Boondocks!

[quote name='Sc4rfac3']It was awesome! Crazy Killer Kung-Fu Wolf Bitch is dead but
Stinkmeaner is back
[/QUOTE]

Again?!?!?!?:lol: So.....
who'd he possess this time?

I just got done watching the third episode on YouTube(3 parts) and I couldn't stop laughing. I love this show. It's a shame that this is supposed to be the final season.:cry:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I just got done watching the third episode on YouTube(3 parts) and I couldn't stop laughing. I love this show. It's a shame that this is supposed to be the final season.:cry:[/QUOTE]

Maybe. I would like them to focus on Huey being a rebel when he has "won". Episode 1 touched on it.

I'm also impatiently waiting for AS to start showing the other half of this season of Venture Brothers. :bomb:

Then again, I can understand why they stopped showing them midway through the season, since it seems to take them so long to make a season's worth of episodes.:roll:

We could write songs about good times, beer, love, and other shit.

SEND THE BEANERS BACK DOWN TO MEXICO
SEND THE BEANERS BACK DOWN TO MEXICO

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I just got done watching the third episode on YouTube(3 parts) and I couldn't stop laughing. I love this show. It's a shame that this is supposed to be the final season.:cry:[/QUOTE]

Me too, I love this show so much. Tonight's episode was the best one yet IMO. Although one good thing is they are not dragging the show on for tons of seasons and getting boring/stale like some shows.

[quote name='JolietJake']This reminded me of that blind white supremacist skit on Chapelle's Show.[/QUOTE]
Except much better. McGruder's back on board.

The montage with Ruckus and Rebel laughing at Roots was great. None of it would work if the guy behind Ruckus wasn't terrific.

I hope the season stays at this level. It was nice seeing a more vulnerable side of Ruckus. "I want to make beautiful, beautiful music for the world of white people!"

fucking this week was brilliant and next week should be just as good. Stinkmeaner's crew coming for revenge is going to be hot shit.

yeah this past episode was the best so far the other ones had funny moments but this one was funny from start to finish.

This season has really picked up and continued to be excellent. Smoke with Cigarettes was solid and Fun Raiser was really really good. I can't wait to hear Gran Dad renounce the works of Ice Cube, including Friday.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']This season has really picked up and continued to be excellent. [/QUOTE]
I agree. My only regret now that it's picked up is that we're not getting much Huey. Huey's basically the wise old man -- he's kind of boring. His only involvement has been the kickball thing, which was lame, and his reservations with Change/Obama.

I realize he'll never be exaggerated in the way that Riley, Grandad, and Ruckus are, but I hope they find a way to bring him into the story in a more meaningful fashion.

Back to this ep, Riley had some good bits, including the line when the Han Solo chocolate kid shows and the line to the London gangsters. "fuck you, fuck the plane you rode in on, fuck them shoes, fuck yo yuck mouth teeth..." Word.

lol aw man that episode last night was the best one this season. his little speech at the end was funny as hell and i like that little whie girl he had with him shes been in a few episodes before but they should bring her in more because she added alot to last nights episode. btw is it me or did they change jasmines voice and did they age the kids characters up some?

[quote name='WeaponX2099']Last night episode was the best of the season. It hit every note about Tyler Perry and his movies. Thank you boondocks.[/QUOTE]

fuck yes! I can't stand Tyler Perry or his movies.

The animation itself this season is easily the best the show has ever had. Relegating Huey even further into the back is just sad at this point. That's why season two was so terrible - this weird situation where McGruder was highlighting the exact thing the comic originally set out to denigrate, and instead glorifies it for twenty minutes before a half-assed "don't do that" message tacked onto the end.

Overall I'd say this might be the best season though, because some of the episodes have been excellent. Nothing is better than the MLK episode though. That's been the high point of the entire series and I don't see it being topped.

Give the show about a B overall. Throw out some of the shit and it'd shift to a B+. Looking forward to however many are left.

:lol::lol: The show last night was friggin' hilarious. I'm glad I stayed up(till 3:30 am:bomb: Damn you Adult Swim for showing so much Family Guy) to watch the rerun of it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:lol::lol: The show last night was friggin' hilarious. I'm glad I stayed up(till 3:30 am:bomb: Damn you Adult Swim for showing so much Family Guy) to watch the rerun of it.[/QUOTE]

why not just watch it online?

[quote name='lokizz']why not just watch it online?[/QUOTE]
I searched for the last 2-3 episodes on Adult Swim's website, but it seemed like they didn't have it up until maybe 2-3 weeks after it was aired.

But I was watching some I missed completely via YouTube, though those were broken up into 10 minute segments.:cry:

I found the last episode a bit dull. I'm firmly in the anti-Tyler Perry camp, but this didn't do it for me. With all the material he could have done, the best rip McGruder could do was an extended "Tyler Perry is gay" joke? I mean, he already did an episode-long gay joke with "The Story of Gangstalicious," and that one wasn't funny either.

I can't believe he named the correctional facility after an infamous individual from the 1988 election. Shit had me rolling.

'George Lucas ruined the Star Wars franchise the minute that wavy-haired jiggaboo stepped on screen and put his monkey paws all over Princess Leia'

:rofl:

^ Vader's helmet does look wavy, after a few bottles.

The ending was a bit lame, I mean Lando is Billy Dee Williams's son after all, thus freeing Robert of his duties as a parent. I guess McGruder's trying to avoid another gratuitous death, compared to a few episodes ago. Most of the episode felt like a pastiche of sitcoms. I liked this episode overall, more or less.

"Shit, he seemed cool to me. You know how some people you like right off the bat? But yeah, fuck it, I say kill him."

Wow. This thread died off quick. I thought season 3 was supposed to be the final one, but yet they didn't clear up what happened to the Wunclers at the end of the finale of this season.

But again, I know I heard some commotion in the background during the final scene in the season finale last night, though I wasn't sure if it was Ed Jr. getting his head shot off by the 'rogue' agent or not.

So I guess we just have to make our own conclusions about all of this?:roll:

i think itll be back or at the very least theyre leaving it open so it can come back. at least it didnt end like the sopranos.

I hope it doesn't come back. Huey has given up. The only thing the cartoon will accomplish is make people wonder how long everybody will stay the same age.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']I hope it doesn't come back. Huey has given up. The only thing the cartoon will accomplish is make people wonder how long everybody will stay the same age.[/QUOTE]
You mean like The Simpsons, Family Guy and so on like most other cartoons where the characters never age?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You mean like The Simpsons, Family Guy and so on like most other cartoons where the characters never age?[/QUOTE]

Yep.

Boondocks has the ability to become more than the same set of characters you insert into multple decades.

Granddad needs to get old and die.

Ruckus needs to come to terms with being black.

Huey or Riley need to go to college.

Riley or Huey need to be crushed by reality.

bread's done
Back