The rudest seller I have ever met.

GizmoGC

CAGiversary!
Feedback
84 (98%)
I recently (last week) purchased a few lots of trading cards. Each lot consisted of 24 or 36 packs of cards and were about $15 each. My grand total was $92 or so for 5 different auctions. This seller does not accept Paypal, which is fine, but does take Money Orders and Checks. I sent out a Money Order today to him and let him know it was a little late but should arrive shortly. I offered to take a picture of the M.O. recipt to prove to him it was purchased. This is the e-mail response I get from him

"Thanks for the update.
Please send the scan of the receipt.
I will also warn that items will be shipping late.
Others make you wait, you make me wait, now I make you wait.
An evil circle, but I will not be the bigger man and ship on time.
I will not go for that.
Mike."

This is coming from a member with 4000+ feedbacks. Simply amazing

Well,you just know he won't leave feedback first, duhh.
Not only did I get this e-mail, he also filed 5 seperate Unpaid Item Disputes against me before even letting me respond with a fucking picture of the recipt.

[quote name='gizmogc']Well,you just know he won't leave feedback first, duhh.
Not only did I get this e-mail, he also filed 5 seperate Unpaid Item Disputes against me before even letting me respond with a fucking picture of the recipt.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to ebay! This is similar to my new tactic, always pay with PP but only accept MOs as payment. Much safer for me.:D

[quote name='zionoverfire']Welcome to ebay! This is similar to my new tactic, always pay with PP but only accept MOs as payment. Much safer for me.:D[/QUOTE]

Safer...but you probably lost a lot of money due to NOT accepting Paypal. I know when I shop if they don't have a paypal option, they don't get a second look.

Anyways, here is his auction conditions

"6. Payment must be RECEIVED within 7 days of auction end. Non-paying bidder alerts filed 7 days after auction end without receipt of payment and credit requests with appropriate feedback left after 17 days of auction end with no payment received- this is automatic and will not be changed for ANYONE.
I always ship next day upon receipt of ON TIME money orders and cash. I hold all ON TIME checks 10 days for clearing, no less. All late payments will now receive late shipment- I figure if I had to wait- you have to wait."

What does ON time mean? How does he know how long it takes for a M.O. from CA to reach NC?

Yes. I told him I would be unable to send a Money order for a few more days 5 days after the auctions ended and he said it was fine. Now he is just acting like a complete dick considering the auction ended only 9 days ago. Thank god I send this bastard a Money Order, a Check would delay shipment to sometime in early 2006.

He replied to the item disputes (all 5 of them of course) and this is his response

"Sellers are not REQUIRED to accept Paypal and all my auctions clearly state the fact that I don't. I even ask buyers to not bid if they think they cannot meet my terms, so I assume if you win and cannot meet them, then I am well within my rights to do what I say I will do in them. I believe winning someones auction and not living up to that sellers terms is rude.
I invite you to read me terms "

I responded with

"I did read your terms. I am sorry for the lateness. I am a seller myself and hate it when I do not get payments on time, or just never receive them.

How late would my items be shipping out? Since I assume you consider payment made with-in 7 days is 'on time' and will ship the following day, if my payment is received on Saturday, when would they go out?"

I'm trying to be nice through this whole situation in hopes he ships my items out sometime in the middle of August. I am so tempted to leave this prick bad feedback, but 5 Negatives mean nothing to someone with 4500+ feedbacks...to me, 5 negatives will suck. I already know he will though, bastard

And he responds again

"If it arrives on Sat, then I will have waited 14 days for payment. I will ship 10 days after Sat and you will have waited 14 days for receipt. Same wait for both of us, so we are equals."

Honestly, I bet this guy gets people paying him late all the time, and he's fed up with it. I don't think he's really being rude at all, and I don't think he's necessarily wrong or mean if he ships late because you paid late, IMO.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']Honestly, I bet this guy gets people paying him late all the time, and he's fed up with it. I don't think he's really being rude at all, and I don't think he's necessarily wrong or mean if he ships late because you paid late, IMO.[/QUOTE]

I said before that I understand they he ships late if payment is late, but that fact that he does not take Paypal would mean almost EVERYTHING he sells he would getb late payment for. Who the hel rights a check or goes to the store and buys a Money Order then next day and sends it out? Very few people. By NOT taking Paypal (or Bidpoint) he is asking for late payments/no payments at all. I will wait till August 15th, and if I do not get an e-mail saying my items are shipped I will simply contact his local police station.

Sounds like a jackass. I understand the not shipping until he receives payment, or waiting until his next ship day, but that guy is just being a jerk.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']Honestly, I bet this guy gets people paying him late all the time, and he's fed up with it. I don't think he's really being rude at all, and I don't think he's necessarily wrong or mean if he ships late because you paid late, IMO.[/QUOTE]

Well he did inform the seller that the payment would be late and the seller was 'ok' with it. Being a seller, he should understand somethings happen that can easily cause payments to be late. Now if the buyer failed to inform the seller that the payment would be late then I would side with the seller on his ruling to delay the shipping.

What his name so we know to avoid him/maul him with a chainsaw?

The best case scenario for you is if you have an e-mail from him stating that it's ok for you to send payment late, so you can try and get the negatives removed when he leaves them.

Good luck in dealing with this asshat.

[quote name='gizmogc']I said before that I understand they he ships late if payment is late, but that fact that he does not take Paypal would mean almost EVERYTHING he sells he would getb late payment for. Who the hel rights a check or goes to the store and buys a Money Order then next day and sends it out? Very few people. By NOT taking Paypal (or Bidpoint) he is asking for late payments/no payments at all. I will wait till August 15th, and if I do not get an e-mail saying my items are shipped I will simply contact his local police station.[/QUOTE]

While that may be true, you still agreed to his terms when you bid on his auction. If you could not have met them, you should have coordinated it before you either bid or won the auction. If you can't meet the seller's terms, you really had no business bidding on the auction in the first place.

Now I'm definitely not the model ebayer, but I can understand where he's coming from. I'm really not trying to take his side just for the sake of arguement, but I'm trying to show you his possible point of view on the whole situation.

He sells tons of stuff on ebay all the time, and he's obviously ran into problems along the way, hence his stringant terms of sale.

Yes, he will probably lose money along the way by not allowing Paypal and has a stupid policy on money orders, but it's still your responsibility, as the buyer, to meet his terms once you bid.

Grave, like I said before, I understand where he is coming from. Just the fact that he felt the need to file 5 Item Disputes on me as soon as I e-mailed him to let him no the M.O. was sent.

[quote name='gizmogc']Grave, like I said before, I understand where he is coming from. Just the fact that he felt the need to file 5 Item Disputes on me as soon as I e-mailed him to let him no the M.O. was sent.[/QUOTE]

Hah hah hah, I'm sorry if I think the situation is a bit funny, but the guy is definitely over reacting. It was out of line for him to file the disputes, especially after he said it was okay for you to ship late.

This guy really reminds me of Gord from the www.actsofgord.com fame. It's definitely something he would do.

BEWARE OF THIS GUY, TERRIBLE TO WOMEN!!
Buyer toddsdiscountcomics ( 96Feedback score is 50 to 99)

Reply by cubby5454: This is not a woman. It is an idiot who should stick finger in socket. Jul-26-05 23:26

Follow-up by toddsdiscountcomics: YOU ARE THE ONLY SELLER I NEVER PAID, IDIOT. I OWN TWO STORES

:rofl:

Grave, its cool. It just pisses me off that he files disputes after he received an e-mail from me (even willing to send him a picture of the M.O recipt). Oh well. Guess I'll have to wait a bit longer to finish some of my card sets, sigh.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Serves you right for using eBay, the single most overrtated form of shopping EVER.[/QUOTE]

Ok, thanks for you're reply. So, why did you wander into the AUCTIONS & DISCUSSIONS forum in the first place?

[quote name='gizmogc']I said before that I understand they he ships late if payment is late, but that fact that he does not take Paypal would mean almost EVERYTHING he sells he would getb late payment for. [/QUOTE]

No, that's a true... I've sold plenty of times on eBay and ONLY accept money orders. I paid for 95% of my auctions with money orders.

No matter where it was sent from and where to a letter will only take 3-4 days to reach anywhere in the lower 48 states. I have never had a payment take more than 3 days (whether I sent it or was receiving it).

So you basically had 3 days to send payment. You got it out late... which happens, I can understand that part. Money orders are somewhat of a hassle unless you travel by/to a place where you can get one.

But I can understand where the seller is coming from... I've had people give me crap about not accepting PayPal (though I clearly state that I don't) or that they sent it but it's the post office's fault, which it never is as the post mark shows the date which the letter was sent or the date on the money order says when it was purchased.

I would never delay a person's shipment just because payment was made a bit late. But honestly, it was your choice to bid even though he didn't accept payment. And the worst thing you can do is mention PayPal...

But all that aside, he's just being an ass. I can understand if he couldn't get it out in a few days, but he's holding on to it for 10 days. That's bullsh*t.

And he's holding you feedback hostage.. something eBay needs to fix already. I don't know how many times I've paid quickly and know the seller got payment within a few days and then took forever to ship only blame it on the post office. And then when I mention that they deserve neutral, they just say you'll just get a negative.

eBay needs to follow GameTZ's policy of having hidden feedback.

[quote name='gizmogc']And he responds again

"If it arrives on Sat, then I will have waited 14 days for payment. I will ship 10 days after Sat and you will have waited 14 days for receipt. Same wait for both of us, so we are equals."[/QUOTE]

For that alone, I would contact eBay customer support, at the general question address if they don't have a more suitable contact option. They may not do anything, but if you can let the seller know you've done so, you might get your puchase *considerably* faster. Even better if you can cut and paste the exchange between you two when you e-mail eBay...

[quote name='gizmogc']And he responds again

"If it arrives on Sat, then I will have waited 14 days for payment. I will ship 10 days after Sat and you will have waited 14 days for receipt. Same wait for both of us, so we are equals."[/QUOTE]

This douche would probably break out the compass and protractor in order to split a cookie.:roll:

[quote name='Vinny']No, that's a true... I've sold plenty of times on eBay and ONLY accept money orders. I paid for 95% of my auctions with money orders.

No matter where it was sent from and where to a letter will only take 3-4 days to reach anywhere in the lower 48 states. I have never had a payment take more than 3 days (whether I sent it or was receiving it).

So you basically had 3 days to send payment. You got it out late... which happens, I can understand that part. Money orders are somewhat of a hassle unless you travel by/to a place where you can get one.

But I can understand where the seller is coming from... I've had people give me crap about not accepting PayPal (though I clearly state that I don't) or that they sent it but it's the post office's fault, which it never is as the post mark shows the date which the letter was sent or the date on the money order says when it was purchased.

I would never delay a person's shipment just because payment was made a bit late. But honestly, it was your choice to bid even though he didn't accept payment. And the worst thing you can do is mention PayPal...

But all that aside, he's just being an ass. I can understand if he couldn't get it out in a few days, but he's holding on to it for 10 days. That's bullsh*t.

And he's holding you feedback hostage.. something eBay needs to fix already. I don't know how many times I've paid quickly and know the seller got payment within a few days and then took forever to ship only blame it on the post office. And then when I mention that they deserve neutral, they just say you'll just get a negative.

eBay needs to follow GameTZ's policy of having hidden feedback.[/QUOTE]

Most ebay sellers (atleast 90%) take Paypal while the other 10% don't. I understand why those 10% do not accept Paypal (It a shitty service, but its fast atleast).

However, if you only take snail-mail payments, you have to figure its going to take a while. I could understand waiting 10 days and then filing Disputes, but after I e-mail him and told him it would be late, and then again to tell him it was mailed, was just being an ass.

The fact that he has my payment (A Money Order of all things, as good as cash) and will hold my items for 10 days just to 'show me' is also very rude. I'm a fairly avergae ebayer, selling maybe 40-50 items a month, and I always get items sent out with 2-4 days of payment, regardless if it took 7-14 days to arrive.

As per ebays feedback system...yes, it needs to be changed. The fact that a negative can be posted ith the remarks 'package took 3 days to arrive' is BS, and ebay needs to fix it. As a seller, I NEVER leave feedback first anymore just so I don't get any retaliation. God forbid if the package took 4 days to arrive from when I received payment, god forbid!

I know how you feel...
I offer Paypal and money order options so the high bidder can choose how he/she plans to pay.
I only get upset if an item takes longer than 2 weeks to arrive. People who get up in arms over a package arriving a day or two later than it should are people who have no lives whatsoever.
I sent one package media to an auction sniper because college expenses ate me alive the day before... never again after the complaints. Yeesh.

[quote name='gizmogc']Safer...but you probably lost a lot of money due to NOT accepting Paypal. I know when I shop if they don't have a paypal option, they don't get a second look.
[/QUOTE]

Not as much as you might think, oh sure if I was selling MGS3 I'd be fucked but when you sell uncommon items people have a way of giving in to your terms. Imagine if a certain costume piece can up for acution by MO only I think you might still be quite interested.;)

Don't get me wrong, I agree that the seller is being a piece of sh*t but also that when you agreed to paying with a money order, you took the risks of late payment on yourself.

If you cleared it with him beforehand, it would be one thing. But with so many transactions, I'm guessing (as someone already mentioned) that the seller is just fed up and feels that you need to me taught a lesson.

Yeah, rare items are understandable. But face it, very few of us here sell anymore then the generic game/system....nothing that is very unique and worth a bit.

[quote name='Sailorneorune']I know how you feel...
I offer Paypal and money order options so the high bidder can choose how he/she plans to pay.
I only get upset if an item takes longer than 2 weeks to arrive. People who get up in arms over a package arriving a day or two later than it should are people who have no lives whatsoever.
I sent one package media to an auction sniper because college expenses ate me alive the day before... never again after the complaints. Yeesh.[/QUOTE]

I get a decent amount of complaints shipping media, but I send them the tracking # and I never hear from them again. Also, about half the canadians complain about shipping time, cause the border sucks and it can take a month to go 500 miles (100 of which is in canada).

Though the seller is a jerk. Honestly if someone pays me late they may get the item shipped late, but not maliciously. I may have the packages done and don't feel like doing another so I wait a few days till next shipment to send theres, or I just don't feel like doing anymore, but that's it. I wouldn't make an arbitrary 10 day hold or anything.

Well yeah, the border sucks... I gladly ship to Canada if the buyer/receiver of my item understands that it takes a while, even with Global Priority.

Well he did put that condition right in the listing, so at least you knew going in you were dealing with an asshat.

Out of curiousity did you not contact him at all until you sent the MO, and how many days after the auction ended was that? 5 days? 7 days? 9 days?

This dude is weird. I'd just keep my head down and expect to get my stuff in a couple weeks. But if you want to be a dick to him like he was to you start filing non-performing seller complaints to eBay next week. (Assuming he does wait to send you your stuff.) Personally I wouldn't do that as a weirdo like this might decide to just keep your MO and not send you squat. (Sure it's a crime, but do you want to fool with tracking him down?)

As far as the unpaid item disputes. That'd just be one per item you won. I imagine he was just getting them going so that if it ended up you were just yanking his chain about having sent the MO he would be able to get his fees back that much sooner. I'd never do that as a seller, but I could see how someone who only takes MOs would get tired of being fed 'the check is in the mail' stories. If he is that cranky about it he should either learn to bite his tongue or accept PayPal where money is sent instantly.

[quote name='wubb']Well he did put that condition right in the listing, so at least you knew going in you were dealing with an asshat.

Out of curiousity did you not contact him at all until you sent the MO, and how many days after the auction ended was that? 5 days? 7 days? 9 days?

This dude is weird. I'd just keep my head down and expect to get my stuff in a couple weeks. But if you want to be a dick to him like he was to you start filing non-performing seller complaints to eBay next week. (Assuming he does wait to send you your stuff.) Personally I wouldn't do that as a weirdo like this might decide to just keep your MO and not send you squat. (Sure it's a crime, but do you want to fool with tracking him down?)

As far as the unpaid item disputes. That'd just be one per item you won. I imagine he was just getting them going so that if it ended up you were just yanking his chain about having sent the MO he would be able to get his fees back that much sooner. I'd never do that as a seller, but I could see how someone who only takes MOs would get tired of being fed 'the check is in the mail' stories. If he is that cranky about it he should either learn to bite his tongue or accept PayPal where money is sent instantly.[/QUOTE]

I e-mailed him 5 days after the auction ended and let him know I would send the Mone Order out on Tuesday.

Also, I even took a picture of the recipt for the Money order to prove it was purchased.

bread's done
Back