The Saboteur, $19.99 @ FS

[quote name='draven1089']are you selling or is this at a store???[/QUOTE]

FS=Futureshop. Also, Canada forum :p

Sweet. Been waiting for this to drop. Heading out to grab a copy now. :)

EDIT: Went to the FS at Yonge & Dundas (Toronto..). All stickers still say 39.99 but it rings up as 19.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm not sure if I should pick it up...is the game actually any good? So many open world games are given scores of 8+ and yet they're so damn boring

so check some video reviews & gameplay movies (gametrailers & giantbomb preferred)

i never look at # scores

[quote name='Princess Zelda']A bunch of games priced dropped at EB yesterday
Left 4 Dead $19.99 GOTY with the survival pack content
[/QUOTE]

That is pretty tempting. Does anybody know if the DLC is on the disc or an insert with a redemption code on it?

For those interested in the DLC alone, it goes on sale next week:

http://majornelson.com/archive/2010/04/06/xbox-live-marketplace-release-schedule-april-6.aspx

Edit -- could be wrong on that. The DLC on sale is "Crash Course", the only one listed in the GOTY is "Survival Pack". Have not played the game yet, so I am unfamiliar with it ... anybody want to chime in with the right answer?

[quote name='onemorechanc']That is pretty tempting. Does anybody know if the DLC is on the disc or an insert with a redemption code on it?

http://majornelson.com/archive/2010/04/06/xbox-live-marketplace-release-schedule-april-6.aspx[/QUOTE]

Actually, I don't think the GOTY edition includes the Crash Course DLC since it was released AFTER the GOTY edition. I think the GOTY edition only includes the FREE updates to the game, which probably means it's already on the disk.

So if one can find the regular version for cheaper, you might as well get it; unless you want a small change in box art and don't want to wait 2 minutes to update the game.

[quote name='onemorechanc']That is pretty tempting. Does anybody know if the DLC is on the disc or an insert with a redemption code on it?

http://majornelson.com/archive/2010/04/06/xbox-live-marketplace-release-schedule-april-6.aspx

Edit -- could be wrong on that. The DLC on sale is "Crash Course", the only one listed in the GOTY is "Survival Pack". Have not played the game yet, so I am unfamiliar with it ... anybody want to chime in with the right answer?[/QUOTE]

I could be wrong, but the 'Crash Course' DLC does not come with the GOTY-Edition, so you'd have to fork over $$ for it either way.

edit: beat by Phil!

[quote name='Kill Phil']Actually, I don't think the GOTY edition includes the Crash Course DLC since it was released AFTER the GOTY edition. I think the GOTY edition only includes the FREE updates to the game, which probably means it's already on the disk.

So if one find the regular version for cheaper, you might as well get it; unless you want a small change in box art and don't want to wait 2 minutes to update the game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, figures. I was second-guessing myself (even edited my post), and what you said makes sense.

[quote name='onemorechanc']Yeah, figures. I was second-guessing myself (even edited my post), and what you said makes sense.[/QUOTE]

Out of all the GOTY re-releases, it was probably the worst deal. I think it cost more than the regular edition. :lol:

It's still a pretty good game though. I picked up a used copy last week at FS for $14.99. Online is kind of dead compared to Left 4 Dead 2, but it's still kicking. Or maybe we should wait for the inevitable Left 4 Dead 3: Tokyo Drift or Left 4 Dead 4 (4 Left 4 Dead?).

As for The Saboteur, I have a feeling this might be a permanent price drop. I think it's already this price in the States. I shouldn't have bought it for $39.99 on Boxing Day; I haven't even opened it yet.

I picked up a copy of The Saboteur for PS3 for 19.99 at the EB Games at 21 Famous Avenue (Weston Road/Highway 7 in Woodbridge)

They had at least six more copies when I was in there around 4:30 today if anyone is in the area and looking.

[quote name='Kill Phil']I shouldn't have bought it for $39.99 on Boxing Day; I haven't even opened it yet.[/QUOTE]

Sounds familiar ... I have done this with too many games. I hate missing out on a deal, but this time I skipped "Just Cause 2" for $40 because I know I will not get a chance to play it, and it will go down in price, eventually. I would probably save even more money if I did that more often!

always wait for singleplayer games, unless it's like half price ~30 a week after launch, while being a major release (like infamous)

[quote name='kn00tcn']always wait for singleplayer games, unless it's like half price ~30 a week after launch, while being a major release (like infamous)[/QUOTE]

I should have done this with SO4 last year...

Buying it day one has got to have been one of my biggest videogame mistake purchases ever. Or just buying it at all. Couldn't stand it after an hour.

[quote name='onemorechanc']Sounds familiar ... I have done this with too many games. I hate missing out on a deal, but this time I skipped "Just Cause 2" for $40 because I know I will not get a chance to play it, and it will go down in price, eventually. I would probably save even more money if I did that more often![/QUOTE]

Funny you mention Just Cause 2. I picked that up from Wal-Mart and actually started playing it. It's a pretty fun game, but a little more repetitive than other sandbox games; there are only 8 story missions and you will have to play a ton of side-missions just to unlock them all. Obviously since it's a sandbox game the focus is on the side-missions, but I don't want to be forced to play them just to unlock everything, including weapons and vehicles you can buy from the store. The best aspect of the game is the grappling hook and is very easy to control; it's Bionic Commando done right. Wouldn't pay more than $40 for it, but it's worth it at that price.

It'll probably go down in price soon, but not as fast as an EA game. Honestly, I should stop buying EA games near launch because they end up going down in price in a few months. I regret buying Brutal Legend at launch, lol (it's what .. $10 now?). The only EA games released lately that were worth buying at launch are probably Mass Effect 2 (which already went down in price) and probably Bad Company 2. But with EA's silly "Project $10", they deserve the lackluster sales on their releases. That and EA's need to own all of their online gaming servers and shut them down after a year or two.

[quote name='Kill Phil']That and EA's need to own all of their online gaming servers and shut them down after a year or two.[/QUOTE]

This is what bugs me the most. I own a bunch of games that have no online play anymore, and "EA" is stamped on about 90% of them. I wish they would do what most companies do and let Microsoft handle the online servers. I know, it is probably more complicated than that, but it still sucks.

[quote name='onemorechanc']This is what bugs me the most. I own a bunch of games that have no online play anymore, and "EA" is stamped on about 90% of them. I wish they would do what most companies do and let Microsoft handle the online servers. I know, it is probably more complicated than that, but it still sucks.[/QUOTE]

And even if they keep some of the servers up for their older games, it's very difficult to connect to them. I tried playing some Battlefield 2: Modern Combat on the 360 last summer and the server was only online for a few hours that day. I think EA just wants to have control over their servers, and this leads to many problems especially when a new online game is launch (it was impossible to play a game of Battlefield 1943 or Bad Company 2 when they first came out).

I was really hoping that EA was changing with games like Dead Space and Mirror's Edge coming out two years ago, but it looks like they're as greedy as always. The Saboteur is probably a great game (I really need to open it soon), but EA had to pull a dick move and shut Pandemic down as soon as they completed the game. I'm probably never going to buy an EA game at full price again, unless it's a BioWare game (and even those end up going down in price quickly, but they're still worth the full price tag).

Hopefully Army of Two: The 40th Day will be the next game to be discounted significantly. I better play that before they shut down the servers. :lol:

So I picked up the Saboteur (PS3) at Futureshop, and it turns out there was no midnight show ticket inside. Does anyone have a spare? Jerks at FS won;t let me exchange it because the "games is not damaged"

[quote name='kyle071785']i'm not sure if I should pick it up...is the game actually any good? So many open world games are given scores of 8+ and yet they're so damn boring[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's just not your cup of tea.
I *hate* linear games, personally. There are a lot of questionable games getting high scores though *cough* halo/cod *cough*

I haven't played this yet but have been wanting to for a long while.
That sounds like a steal. I don't think you could go wrong for 20 bucks. The gamespot review seems to be pretty informative. The long and short of it: It's not the best game in the world, but has lots of fun over the top action, a little bit of reward-for-hardwork and enough to keep you busy for awhile.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']It's only $2.99 on PSN, don't know about 360 version. I bought the game used at Rogers for $15.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but buying it new, it's kinda expected that an advertised feature be present. *COUGHOTHEROSCOUGH*

[quote name='Nukkus']Yeah, but buying it new, it's kinda expected that an advertised feature be present. *COUGHOTHEROSCOUGH*[/QUOTE]
I wasn't sure whether it was still included in all copies so I went with the used one. I thought they said it was going to be included in early copies only, I don't know though. Some guy I know bought it last week and got the code.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I wasn't sure whether it was still included in all copies so I went with the used one. I thought they said it was going to be included in early copies only, I don't know though. Some guy I know bought it last week and got the code.[/QUOTE]

Comes with every copy, the game even tells you so when you start it up.

I noticed in FS that they have the used games mixed up with the new games and since they are all sealed it's hard to tell the difference unless you look at the label. Anyways, I might have an extra code that I will send you. Hopefully, it works.

[quote name='Playto']I noticed in FS that they have the used games mixed up with the new games and since they are all sealed it's hard to tell the difference unless you look at the label. Anyways, I might have an extra code that I will send you. Hopefully, it works.[/QUOTE]

Thanks dude, it worked!

Got mine @ EB for this price. Great game. It reminds me of all the best parts of Crackdown, Mafia, and Mercs 2. The soundtrack is great, but if I feel like mixing it up, it's fun to throw on the Inglourious Basterds soundtrack.

It was priced reduced everywhere. I got it for 19 bucks at EB Games. I think the game is discontinued in it's production, which is a shame, though it's rough around the edges, it's actually a pretty fun game.

Just climbed the Eiffel Tower, it was pretty cool. lol

[quote name='hardy83']It was priced reduced everywhere.[/QUOTE]

Yep, it also goes for $19.99 at Best Buy and amazon.ca. It's actually not a bad game and it shouldn't have bombed this hard.

bread's done
Back