The Saboteur $49.99 PS3/360 @ Amazon

Well, it was $56.99 at Amazon last night and now it is $49.99, so I thought I would pass it on. Also, not everyone uses Twitter and not everyone follows Pandemic Studios on Twitter.

Oh I know, I was just updating that thread to let people who don't follow know that the $50 price isn't going to be sticking around for much longer.

[quote name='Weepingwillow']Oh I know, I was just updating that thread to let people who don't follow know that the $50 price isn't going to be sticking around for much longer.[/QUOTE]

Indeed, wait a month after release it will probably be down to $39.99. I guess its a deal for those who have been following the game and who plan to buy it on release though.

[quote name='ppunk0']Well, it was $56.99 at Amazon last night and now it is $49.99, so I thought I would pass it on. Also, not everyone uses Twitter and not everyone follows Pandemic Studios on Twitter.[/QUOTE]

Very, very thoughtful. Thanks! Keep it up!

Thanks saw this, Will wait two months for the $20 price point. This game will drop like a rock.

;)

As a another possible option, I was able to get Best Buy to price match the TRU B1G1 50% off deal with The Saboteur as the half off game last night (AC2 was the other). $42/game is a decent deal, especially when you have $55 in RZ Certs.

I saw this thread and all I could think was how low and how fast can this go. Merc's 2 dropped very fast and it had sequel push to it. Still a good deal for day one people.

[quote name='earvcunanan']Will wait until Game Crazy has it for sale around $10 brand new.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have a feeling this game is destined to an early price drop. I've been looking forward to it but so far, the reviews have been less than stellar. I'm hoping we get a demo so I can try it out but I'm putting this off until it hits the sub $20 point.

[quote name='ppunk0']well, it was $56.99 at amazon last night and now it is $49.99, so i thought i would pass it on. Also, not everyone uses twitter and not everyone follows pandemic studios on twitter.[/quote]

owned

Does anyone remember if Amazon.com offered the knife pre-order code like Gamestop? I emailed them about it and they need proof. So I need to find a screenshot :( I should have done it, checked those server cached thing but last one was Dec 10th can you check earlier caches?

[quote name='Tracid']Does anyone remember if Amazon.com offered the knife pre-order code like Gamestop? I emailed them about it and they need proof. So I need to find a screenshot :( I should have done it, checked those server cached thing but last one was Dec 10th can you check earlier caches?[/QUOTE]

I dont remember seeing Amazon offer it. I personally know the community manager (sledgehammer70). He used to be my boss. He gave me a Saboteur promo zippo lighter :D

[quote name='Tracid']Does anyone remember if Amazon.com offered the knife pre-order code like Gamestop? I emailed them about it and they need proof. So I need to find a screenshot :( I should have done it, checked those server cached thing but last one was Dec 10th can you check earlier caches?[/QUOTE]
Yes, Amazon was offering the same thing. I think it said it would be delivered (email) 7 or 10 days after your game shipped. So, just have some patience, I'm sure you'll get it.

Saboteur is surprisingly fun. The reviewers are full of crap. Nice open world game with lots of thrilling on foot chases and escapes and a decent dose of stealth. Not much like it on the market except for Assassin's Creed.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Saboteur is surprisingly fun. The reviewers are full of crap. Nice open world game with lots of thrilling on foot chases and escapes and a decent dose of stealth. Not much like it on the market except for Assassin's Creed.[/QUOTE]
How well does the stealth work? I'm a sucker for that shit (Hitman being my favorite series).

[quote name='dino88']How well does the stealth work? I'm a sucker for that shit (Hitman being my favorite series).[/QUOTE]
Pretty well for an open world game. Nazis can see you from a sizeable distance but they'll only give a crap if you're starting shit or where you shouldn't be. Kill a nazi with your hands in either fisticuffs or a stealth kill to get his costume. There, you have a little bubble around you that if any nazis can see you and are within it, your suspicion meter will rise until you're unmasked. Do a nazi walk to go slow and decrease the size of the bubble.

Result is a lot of hiding, trying to take out nazis or the gestapo guys who can figure you out for a fake nazi real fast, smart silenced pistol usage, and, when you are seen, massive chases that actually reward your escape efforts for ditching the car and heading for the rooftops.

[quote name='dino88']Yes, Amazon was offering the same thing. I think it said it would be delivered (email) 7 or 10 days after your game shipped. So, just have some patience, I'm sure you'll get it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I may have jumped the gun lol.

Anyways the game is fun so far, the climbing is a CHORE though, you keep having to press the jump button to move ledge to ledge, wish it had ACII climbing system where you just push up and the player character finds the route automatically.

Ambient free-play is massive, so much Nazi stuff to blow up. You're gonna need a lot of dynamites to blow up flood light, AA gun, Nazi vehicles (I can't blow up a tank atm though), propaganda speakers, and collecting p0rn post cards. They all add to you game currency called Contraband.

im actually really enjoying it. It's not the best game of all time, but im glad i got it. Could be more polished, but definitely enjoyable.

Hmmm I can't seem to get Amazon to refund the $6.99 difference since they drop price from $56.99 to $49.99, it shipped 4 days ago and I paid $56.99 (not including promotional codes) here's what I got from our Indian CS friend.

I'm sure it's disappointing to see the lower price on the The Saboteur you recently purchased. Our prices regularly change, and the price you paid when your order shipped on December 6, 2009 was the lowest price we were able to offer at the time.

We consistently offer competitive prices on everything we carry because we know low prices are very important to our customers.

Should I just call it in? lol

Ordered from Amazon yesterday and received it this morning. I've been playing it for a few hours and I'm liking it. The black and white visuals with red blood has a very unique look.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Saboteur is surprisingly fun. The reviewers are full of crap. Nice open world game with lots of thrilling on foot chases and escapes and a decent dose of stealth. Not much like it on the market except for Assassin's Creed.[/QUOTE]

WHAT, you sure your playing the right game, I played the first few missions and I'm glad I didn't buy it, this will be another record price dropper,

I got it from Best Buy for $50 and I'm pretty pleased with it so far. I've noticed a bug or two here and there but nothing horrible. One thing that bugs me about the climbing is there's usually not a quick way to get down from the rooftops like the hay piles in Assassin's Creed. You can't fall from very far without dying or taking a lot of damage either...on hard at least. As for the freeplay, I think there is too much stuff to do actually. If I'm not mistaken you have to do EVERYTHING or nearly everything to get all the achievements. That is going to take a LONG time.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Buy it at Best Buy.

Return the Amazon copy when it arrives to Best Buy.[/QUOTE]
You, sir, have shady business practices. You make an excellent CAG member btw.

I am actually super impressed with Amazon on this one, because not only did I get the $7 refund days after I already had the game (on release day), but last night they also sent me the code for the knife, which I was convinced was a GameStop exclusive, and wasn't there the few times I looked at the Amazon product page.

Not sure if anyone knows this, but the EA store is now offering 30% off on all their games with the code EAPARTNERS2009. Sabateur comes to $41.95 + tax

[quote name='Wizzleteets']Not sure if anyone knows this, but the EA store is now offering 30% off on all their games with the code EAPARTNERS2009. Sabateur comes to $41.95 + tax[/QUOTE]

Not bad, trade-in value for the PS3 is about $30, so if you can beat the game fast enough, you probably only pay $15 for it... eh, still more than rental :(

bread's done
Back