The Shield, greenlit for 6th season

ryanbph

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Major Shield News
The Shield has been greenlit for a sixth season. No one at FX will confirm, but very reliable sources say series creator Shawn Ryan has decided there's enough creative juice left to carry on for one more season. The show is currently in production on Season 5's final 10 episodes, slated to debut in early '07.

In other FX news, I'm told the cable net has made a 13-episode committment to Courteney Cox's tabloid-set comedy Dirt. We're happy about this. Why are we happy about this? Because I read the pilot script, and it's really funny. We're also happy about this because Courteney Cox was the most underrated member of the Friends cast, and we want to see her succeed. At least I do.

http://community.tvguide.com/forum.jspa?forumID=700000049

Good to hear. I just hope he has a good ending for it or feels like he can do a few more. I just don't want the show to end soon.

And why did the split the 5th season in half?

they probably did not want to move anything out of the tuesday night slot. For the past few years that spot has always been occupied by a pretty good show

and considering I have yet to miss an episode of the shield and it is probably the best show on TV IMO (24 is up there, but has a tendency to not have the consistent quality of the shield) I am happy

Good to hear.

As for a new sitcom with Courteney Cox... Meh. Though it is somewhat surprising she couldn't parlay the success of Friends into a shot at a sitcom on a major network.

Wait, the second part of season 5 isn't out until '07? That's a year after last season started, why not just call that season 6 then? I give up on TV and their gimmicks. Oh well not like it matters much, the show will still be awesome, the only downside will the be the obligatory seperate season 5 part 1 & 2 DVD sets which will no doubt retail for the price of a currents single season DVD set.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Wait, the second part of season 5 isn't out until '07? That's a year after last season started, why not just call that season 6 then? I give up on TV and their gimmicks. Oh well not like it matters much, the show will still be awesome, the only downside will the be the obligatory seperate season 5 part 1 & 2 DVD sets which will no doubt retail for the price of a currents single season DVD set.[/quote]

I really hope not. I'll wait an extra year to get the fullset together.

But if not, then its pretty much the same as the current season releases, only a few episodes short.

And I'll definitely buy them when they come out.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Wait, the second part of season 5 isn't out until '07? That's a year after last season started, why not just call that season 6 then? I give up on TV and their gimmicks. Oh well not like it matters much, the show will still be awesome, the only downside will the be the obligatory seperate season 5 part 1 & 2 DVD sets which will no doubt retail for the price of a currents single season DVD set.[/QUOTE]

"The show is currently in production on Season 5's final 10 episodes, slated to debut in early '07. "

I think it says '07 because The Shield never usually begins a new season until early January anyway. So, season 5 will run from January '07 - April '07 just as this last season did. It's like how FOX holds back the beginning of 24 so that they can run most of the episodes together without a break for baseball.

Shield Gets Seventh and Final Season
FX has officially ordered what it is now calling a seventh, and final, season of the cop drama The Shield. Season 6, to air in January 2007, will now last 10 episodes, followed by Season 7's 13 episodes, which will begin unspooling late that year or in early 2008. The entire Shield cast will return for the final 23 episodes, save for Forest Whitaker, who will appear only on a limited basis during Season 6.

[quote name='ryanbph']Shield Gets Seventh and Final Season
FX has officially ordered what it is now calling a seventh, and final, season of the cop drama The Shield. Season 6, to air in January 2007, will now last 10 episodes, followed by Season 7's 13 episodes, which will begin unspooling late that year or in early 2008. The entire Shield cast will return for the final 23 episodes, save for Forest Whitaker, who will appear only on a limited basis during Season 6.[/QUOTE]

Well I think we know one Shield cast member that won't be returning actually...

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Well I think we know one Shield cast member that won't be returning actually...[/QUOTE]

Glenn Close??

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH....

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Well I think we know one Shield cast member that won't be returning actually...[/QUOTE]

Yeah and I'm still pissed about it!

Glad to hear its coming back though. Its the only thing non sports that I watch.

bread's done
Back