The Shield: The Complete Series - $64

Phenomenal show from the pilot to the series finale, I have such a difficult time discerning whether I'd rate this or The Wire as my favorite show ever, as much as I love Lost I think Lost will forever be in third place. I never would have guessed two out of my three favorite shows would be cop shows, but The Shield is far far outside the fucking shitty formulaic cop melodrama bullshit it's in a category all it's own. EVERYONE NEEDS TO BUY THIS IT'S A STEAL AT THIS PRICE!

[quote name='radioactivez0r']If Netflix would let me stream the first season so I could gauge my interest...[/QUOTE]

Dude if there was ever a show I could say defies the normal conventions and expectations it's this one. Seven seasons, all original, fast paced, not a single dull moment, excellent cast from actor to a background extra, just....holy shit. God I love this show. take the chance! I'm aware maybe I build it up so much but it deserves every accolade that's lauded upon it.

Definitely a great show and worth the price. Personally, I felt like seasons 4 - 6 weren't as strong as seasons 1 -3, but there's no such thing as a bad season with The Shield. One of my favorite shows of all time.

If i didn't already buy this when it came out i would buy 2 of these and give one to a friend, this price is amazing and the show is a must see.

I recently watched the entire series and I have to say that every episode is so interlinked that it really is like watching a 60 hour movie. It's the best series I've ever seen and also has one of the most dramatic and gut wrenching endings ever.

Also, this may be common knowledge around here, but the 16mm film quality really is fairly poor. It suits the show, but I've read multiple times that it won't be coming to Blu-Ray. This is probably as good a set as we'll see.

Just ordered this, thanks for the heads up. This was an awesome series, and how can you pass it up for that price?

Just purchased.

Blind buy, I've never heard anything negative about this show, and my "Totally Rad Show" friends have praised it several times. They've never led me astray (Locke & Key GN's, Friday Night Lights TV Series), so I'm taking everyone's word on this one...

EDIT: Thanks OP!

[quote name='Joda84']Man, I am in the middle of getting all the Battlestar Galacticas... But The Shield takes priority![/QUOTE]

Cletus Van Damme would approve of this.

I was reading reviews on amazon that the way the packaging is the discs scratch easily when taken out of the case. Thats the only thing keeping my from buying this. I would hate to get this set to only have the discs get all scratched when taking them out to watch them.

[quote name='aic007']I was reading reviews on amazon that the way the packaging is the discs scratch easily when taken out of the case. Thats the only thing keeping my from buying this. I would hate to get this set to only have the discs get all scratched when taking them out to watch them.[/QUOTE]
Some of my disks came damaged but Sony has a replacement program.
It's still up and running, I dropped off my package today.

[quote name='Kaijufan']Some of my disks came damaged but Sony has a replacement program.
It's still up and running, I dropped off my package today.[/QUOTE]

Does this mean the set coming from DD are the old ones without protective sleeves over each disc?

[quote name='neonglow']Does this mean the set coming from DD are the old ones without protective sleeves over each disc?[/QUOTE]
This is the top seller on their site, let's hope they don't have a lot of the old sets in stock and they ship the new sets. BTW, has anyone else got an actual ORDER SHIPPED e-mail yet? I'm dreading getting another "your order was cancelled" from DD.

[quote name='neonglow']Does this mean the set coming from DD are the old ones without protective sleeves over each disc?[/QUOTE]
Yeah my set didn't have any protective sleeves on the disks which is why I sent away for the newer version of the set from Sony.

Well mine just shipped today!!!! No cancellation as some people were worried about. Once I get it in I'll let people know about the discs if they are scratched and if it is the new or old packaging.

Mine just shipped as well. Good to know I'm covered either way, disc-wise--either they're in good condition or I can get them replaced.

[quote name='Kaijufan']Some of my disks came damaged but Sony has a replacement program.
It's still up and running, I dropped off my package today.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, I'm sure it'll come in handy for some people(hopefully not me) when they receive their sets .

Son of a bitch. I just dropped $112 on this a week ago.

Great show, but still not in the same league as The Wire. I'm just starting season 4.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Son of a bitch. I just dropped $112 on this a week ago.

Great show, but still not in the same league as The Wire. I'm just starting season 4.[/QUOTE]

Where'd you drop $112 on it at? It was on sale for the past 2 weeks, so you should have been able to get it at this price at DD .

Got mine today! I'm ashamed to admit I couldnt not find the dvds the first time I skimmed through the book. Mine had protective sleeves, they seemed all fine to me.

Got mine and they had protective sleeves, but even then I'm pretty particular about disc quality so I asked for some replacement discs. Maybe only a few discs though were to the point that most people would even notice and would probably play fine, I just expect them to be scratch free.

Damn when did everyones set ship out? I got the shipping email on the 20th, hopefully it comes soon . Also, did it come through USPS or another service?

I got a new copy back from Sony today with the protective sleeves. Only took about a week, so don't worry if you get a copy without the protective sleeves, the Sony program is very fast.

What does Sony make you do to get replacments? Do you send the whole thing in or just certain discs? I'd had to send the whole set in just to replace a few discs and possibly get new discs that are scratched.

My set came today. Are the "protective sleeves" real sleeves? Each of my discs is covered by white paper. But I do not think I would call it a sleeve. I have not looked closely to see if any discs were scratched but I am curious if this is the "new" packaging.

[quote name='PeteyNice']My set came today. Are the "protective sleeves" real sleeves? Each of my discs is covered by white paper. But I do not think I would call it a sleeve. I have not looked closely to see if any discs were scratched but I am curious if this is the "new" packaging.[/QUOTE]

Came in the thread to ask this exact same thing. I checked out couple of the discs and they look fine, but was just wondering if the white paper is the protective sleeves everyone is talking about.

[quote name='rcavictor1956']From deepdiscount or from Sony?[/QUOTE]

From DD.

As for the paper "sleeves," yeah, I'm assuming the paper is the protection. It's a bit more bare bones than I imagined, but they seem to get the job done. MY understanding was the original version didn't even have the paper, which led to discs getting scratched as they were taken in and out.

But I'd checked several of my discs and they all looked perfect, so I assumed the paper is indeed the sleeving.

Hey guys who have done the replacement...

I called Sony about this about a month ago but have been a little lazy and haven't sent it back.

Did Sony send any of you a box to put it in or did you have to find your own box?

I have an email from Sony sitting in my inbox, but I can't remember if they are paying the postage on it.

Let me know.

Thanks.

The sleeves are semi-glossy paper, so it's not abrasive on the disc. I got my set from Amazon with the sleeves. All discs were pristine, only one sleeve was creased a little bit and is kinda tough to pull out.

It's a nice set, but the fucker doesn't fit worth a damn on any shelves no matter how you lay it. Wish they would have busted it down to seasons and used the HBO style "book" sets (ie: normal sized) but kept the sleeves (something HBO might want to implement since they charge an arm and a leg for their sets).

bread's done
Back