The Sims 2 $29.99 @ Circuit City

Gamerguy

CAGiversary!
I know this is old, but I just went to Circuit City and they have the game marked at $49.99...the print ad is an error! You can get the deal though if you're willing to bring them the ad and do a little arguing. I got the game for $39.95 and used the $10 gift card that comes with it to bring it down to $29.95. They'll probably fix this by next week's ad, so go quick if you want it!

I can't believe I missed that in the flyer today! Don't really have the time to play it right now, but $30 is too good a price to pass up. Thanks man.

Even if it IS an error, which I'm almost sure it is too, it's false advertising if they refuse: it's the law that they sell it to you for that price XD

[quote name='Theenternal']my copy of this game has messed up.. I wonder if i can buy this copy it and return it :lol:[/quote]

:rofl:

They have the Sims 2 in their system for $39.99, and then the gift card ($10) is added to that, producing the $49.99 total. At least, that's how it breaks down on my receipt (I tried to buy the DVD version, but my store would not budge that that gift card was for the CD version only).

CC has a lot of these ''errors''. I really do not think they are valid errors. Last week in the front of the store where the ad was posted there were no less than 3 papers hanging next to the ads with 'corrections'.

I wonder how they feel they can put up papers next to the item and feel even though you were MAILED a flyer with a different price that they do not have to match it...? If they had any soul they would take the loss and learn from it. That's why I do not believe the mistakes are genuine, otherwise they would just eat it.

[quote name='Gamerguy']Even if it IS an error, which I'm almost sure it is too, it's false advertising if they refuse: it's the law that they sell it to you for that price XD[/quote]
Alot flyers and catalogs come with a disclaimer, usually at the bottom of the last page, that pretty much says they aren't responsible for typographically errors. Not sure if CC flyer has or not. But good to cash in on this if you can.

I work at the Harvey,La Circuit City well today was my second day. A customer pointed out the ad and my manager said that it is 39.99 because you get the gift card to use at a later date.

A customer pointed out the ad and my manager said that it is 39.99 because you get the gift card to use at a later date.

but the ad states it IS $39.99 PLUS the giftcard.

[quote name='William Smith']A customer pointed out the ad and my manager said that it is 39.99 because you get the gift card to use at a later date.

but the ad states it IS $39.99 PLUS the giftcard.[/quote]

yea i agree i was just reporting what i saw

I remember the had the sims delexe ed. for 19.99 and get a 20 buck gift card

i went in the manager said its a misprint that is when the game was 39.99 i complain about it and they gave me 5 copies of the game

5 copies of Sim delexe 100 bucks
5 20 buck gift cards 100 bucks

TOtal price of 5 sim games 0 (well really 2.50 had to pay tax)

[quote name='snakeeyez101']BOOOOOOOOOOO CC[/quote]

indeed my CC is full of fucking asswholes, im not gonna go again just too be let down again i get enough of that shit from the women i fuck

It was the same situation at my store also, they had a sign on the top of the cardboard display stating it was an error so I walked out and walked next door to Best Buy with ad in hand for a price match on the DVD version. They sent me to the service desk and my friend who was behind me in line to also buy a copy got waited on first when we got there. The girl who waited on him gave him no problems about getting it for 39.99 and including a $10 gift card. I got waited on by a guy who was trying to tell me that the lower price shown was because I get a gift card so they showed the price minus the gift card though nowhere in the ad does it state that. He said they do the same thing there and I told him that isn't true because quite a few times I have purchased something that was on sale and in addition also included a gift card (Sims Deluxe as mentioned above just one of those times). He still wouldn't budge so I called over to my friend at the other register and asked how much he had to pay and he told me his came to just over $41 and he got his gift card. The guy then walked over by my friend's clerk and grudgingly grabbed a gift card and rang me up at the 39.99 price with a $10 gift card since there was no way he could try charging me more now. I figured I could avoid an argument with Circuit City about their false advertising by just finding a clueless clerk at the Best Buy next door, but the minor hassle there was made up for it by the look on my clerks face. He seemed none too happy about having to give me the lower price and was giving my friend's clerk dirty looks for giving him that price. A little amusement before I had to go fix a spyware ridden computer owned by someone who should stick to consoles and kept moaning about nothing working right. :)

I showed them exactly what I wanted in the ad and got it for $30...but they gave me the gift card even after deducting it from the price...so in reality, I got the game for $20.

I didn't realize they have so many "misprints" in their ads on a weekly basis. Couldn't you file something with the BBB since this seems to be a habitual practice to lure customers in and the stores just falling back on the corrections on the front door when you get there?

Even if it IS an error, which I'm almost sure it is too, it's false advertising if they refuse: it's the law that they sell it to you for that price XD

Stores are protected against misprints in ads. They do not have to honor the price shown if it was an error. It, also, depends on the state though. There are a few states I believe where they must honor the price even if it is a misprint. The same goes for items mislabeled on a shelf. Stores don't have to give it to you for the labeled price, except in some states. I forget where but if an item is mislabeled on the shelf its law to give it to you for that price if it can be shown that it was misleading(a pair of $200 drums under a label for drums saying $150). Most stores will honor it though for customer service or at least give you a discount off the item.

bread's done
Back